What's Yea Forumss opinion on Dontnods Vampyr, was is it a good contribution to the Vampire genre?

What's Yea Forumss opinion on Dontnods Vampyr, was is it a good contribution to the Vampire genre?

Do you think their new upcoming game is a sequel?
twitter.com/DONTNOD_Ent/status/1116325024561025029

Attached: vampyr.jpg (297x170, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/dontnod_and_focus_home_to_join_forces_again_following_vampyrs_one_million_sales_milestone
store.steampowered.com/app/225360/DARK/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Do you think their new upcoming game is a sequel?
The concept art or whatever that is doesn't seem like a Vampyr game at all.

DONTNODs only accomplishment until now has been LiS, Vampyr was absolutely unbearable to play and a solid 6/7 out of 10 all round, I heavily doubt they'll ever make a sequel for it since other than (((YouTube))) shills it was a massive flop

and their new game in development seems to be some sort of spiritual successor to hellblade

Attached: 1555042243036.jpg (500x525, 183K)

Yea Forums is so out of touch it's incredible.

pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/dontnod_and_focus_home_to_join_forces_again_following_vampyrs_one_million_sales_milestone

>"Oi m8, 'ow are you?"
>Hollow violins start playing
>"Yes, how am I? Or more importantly, what am I? A night predator, a mere creature that brings only suffering? Or a scientist, who brings society into the light? And, if both are true, how can it be so? A living paradox, giver of life, murderer, scientist, spawn of magic, devoted son, killer of sister, friend, fiend, dead and alive! I am fine, and you?"

I liked it but it's hard to recommend, game's a mess of conflicting design choices. Got to the end without eating anyone and Reid started going on about how he's not taken a life since his sister, and I'm flashing back to the hundreds of cockney vampire hunters I was forced to slaughter just to interact with the environment

Attached: 1546504464153.png (657x527, 32K)

How can a game be 6/7 out of 10 if it's unbearable to play ?

>it was a massive flop
It was a big success.

>Filthy fockin' beast

Attached: 1527588350596.jpg (638x638, 31K)

lol

Great concept, absolutely deplorable execution

>solid 6/7 out of 10 all round
>unbearable

Attached: 1326404352915.jpg (222x331, 25K)

>Great concept, absolutely deplorable execution
Every single Dontnod game in a nutshell.

i hope it will be something new, maybee werewolves this time.
maybee they even improve on some of vampyr's flaws

it was a good game and a big success.

Pretty much

>was is it a good contribution to the Vampire genre?

Yes, the gameplay was mediocre but the lore, main story and main character were good.

>Do you think their new upcoming game is a sequel?
inb4 epic exclusive

If they make a sequel I hope they decide to actually reward the player for being a vampire this time around

I think it was a really really bad game. Cool music though.

I liked it and hope they make a sequel.

>epic exclusive

Attached: DwW55lCVAAErmb3.jpg (410x341, 19K)

The game sold a million which you know is a success when the game was probably made on 1/4 of that.

This, no teenage lesbians, no buy.

Vampyr is better than LiS2. FACT

Cool ideas, horrible gameplay. Overall pretty bad.

>tfw can't even get all the collectibles on a pacifist run
I suffered through hell for that shit, and my "reward" was travelling the world with worst girl forever

Attached: 1523615456829.jpg (640x484, 32K)

>6/7 out of 10
>unbearable
I hate how journalists shifted the zoomer mind and now nobody knows what being above average means.

Attached: 1550218220024.png (711x664, 314K)

>There will NEVER be a good vampire stealth game

Gawdamn shame.

Well, it isn't good, but if you wanted that itch scratched.
store.steampowered.com/app/225360/DARK/

Dark is unironically the worst game I've ever played. Thanks for trying though.

Never post this again.

kek

>lis
>great concept

Attached: war criminal reaction image.png (1079x720, 773K)

>6/10
>unbrearable
>Life is strange fag

Attached: 2897123.png (441x562, 280K)

I enjoyed it a lot. Playing judge, jury, and vampyrcutioner with the civilians was satisfying. Combat was meh, but had cool effects.
Solid 7/10 game.

I have an intense hatred for the color purple thanks to this steaming pile of shit.

is VTMB the only good vampire game in existence? Despite the vampire craze of the last decade? How'd that happen

AWWW KIPPAH AHM FOINNE! NOW 'SCUSE ME WHAILE I 'AT THIS 'ERE JELLIED 'ELL!!!

Attached: WOTSALLDISDEN.jpg (618x450, 41K)

As long as they stick to cute girls instead of gay spic shit i'm fine with it.
Fuck LiS2

The setting, writing, and voice acting were all 9 or 10.

But it played pretty badly mechanics wise. Maybe a 7 overall.

If they deliver better mechanics to go with the top fucking notch writing/voice work I'm excited for a sequel.

But they're up against Bloodlines 2, so ehhh.

>writing
Yeah, no

Correct.

>voice acting
At least that was amazing, the VA work was generally top notch, especially Jonathan and the head Doctor Swansea.

Game is barely an RPG with the way the developers constantly arbitrate the character's morality every single step of the way. If you kill more than five people in a single playthrough (and most of the people you want to kill will be off limits, because DONTNOD wasn't even hiding their SJW agenda) you automatically get the bad ending. There is literally zero roleplaying in this game. It's just a binary decision of having fun with the vampiric powers or just being a boring reluctant creature of the night.

Attached: 1459650956114.png (572x674, 616K)

Why do you hate highly accurate Victorian English, user? Are you an embarrassed Britbong or something?