No comfy Switch thread, let's fix that

No comfy Switch thread, let's fix that.

What are you playing? What are you expecting?

Attached: pyra.png (915x1250, 661K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kGnA5EWez8OT5w00OdYo19eUcRs_iHWNtPBvZJkra6g/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

switch is for children and pedophiles

playing tetris 99 and smash, I'm waiting for FE and since it comes out in july I wonder what I can get to help me wait

If it bleeds it breeds.

JRPGS for both questions.

And which one are you, user?

i keep trying to play new super mario bros deluxe but i always get bored after 5 minutes and go back to smash

Did a few rounds of Tetris 99.

There's some real tough competition online tonight, lots of actually skilled players vying for the 999 gold point prize. I only managed two wins this time, I usually do better.

I think a big part of the problem is my 8bitdo SF30 Pro controller is failing, it seems to be registering a lot of accidental double A or B button inputs, causing me to rotate a piece twice. This ends up being disastrous and costing me matches because of trying to play efficiently, and hard-dropping after rotating.

Nothing, I bought it but the games are far too expensive.

playing my time at portia atm
there are things i like and some i didn't like
still it is better than that garbage "harvest moon", waiting for rune factory
gonna play vaporum later

ooohhh man, i have been playing a lot of mario kart and fricken smash, oh and pokemon lets go (but that game kinda sucks and thats why i cant wait for pokemon sword and shield)

They occationally have discounts on some games

I want to mating press Pyra

Is it worth? I'm considering getting a good condition one for 250 bucks.

If it feeds it sneeds.

If it bleeds if breeds.

You have 2 options atm imo, either wait til e3 to see if they announce a new version. But if you don't care for newer version and just want a used one, make double sure to check the serial number to see that it is hackable. That's way if you want to go full pirate and emulator you can do so

if it chucks it sucks.

Playan Ace attorney trilogy and it's fucking great
Can't believe I skipped it when it was on GBA/DS

have sex
with children

fucking capcom better package the rest of the games in the series and make another triology

After finishing AM2R, I'm with Super Metroid now, holy shit this game is hard and it doesn't go easy on the savepoints.

Attached: YDpTk85.jpg (1191x670, 173K)

Playing Dragon marked for death. Good ass shit especially if you like end game grinding. It's good regardless.

something about that picture just weird me out everytime i see it

Looking forward to getting that physical whenver it arrives.

If it spasms it orgasms

EU? physical for NA available since last month

Not discounted enough.

>usually only play on PC
>saving up to buy a Switch
>PC dies
>have to spend the money fixing it instead of buying the Switch
Fuck.

what happened? gpu crap out?

nothing
nothing
switch died in 2017.

I hope so. There's really no reason not to do that

Where is my sequel to Tropical Freeze faggots, how are they gonna leave the trilogy incomplete, what the fuck was Retro doing for like 5 years.

Just finished Nefarious because it was discounted, thought it was cute.

>what the fuck was Retro doing for like 5 years.
That was my go to question everytime people mention metroid prime or donkey kong. It is understandable now that they are the one studio doing prime 4, fine, but yeah can't really see nintendo just let them do nothing for 5 years. Prime trio HD on switch better be real to justified that time wasted

>Have Cuphead preloaded
It's gonna be a long week.

Playing Chocobo Dungeon and Devious Dungeon. Having a blast!
Is Gungeon good for fans of roguelite RPGs?

Apparently they've been working on a new IP. I think it's time we'll see it at E3 this year.

I'm waiting for physical packed with DLC

>Apparently they've been working on a new IP
did they say it? where did you hear about this? the only thing i heard about them recently is when nintendo said they like retro build for prime 4 and gonna start developing there

Did they say if the DLC will be free or not?

Nah, it's kind of a rumor but an insider guy said he heard that they're working on a new IP.

Still playing smash, waiting for Metroid Prime 4 news

>Is Gungeon good for fans of roguelite RPGs?
Yeah it's really fucking good

no idea, the new modern trend with indie titles that cost about 20 bucks is they often give some free DLC out but will charge if it is a bigger size content, maybe 5 bucks

>what are you playing thread
>literally nothing or games that came out half a year ago
The absolute state of switchfags. Sad.

Attached: 1551890398469.jpg (480x480, 40K)

4 months is a third of a year not a half

Don't engage console war faggots.

Definitely getting:
>Mario Maker 2
>Crash Team Racing
>Fire Emblem Three Houses
>Astral Chain
>Animal Crossing
And it isn't even E3 yet, second half of this year is going to be great.

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

Ok, I'll believe you. Goin' to eShop.

What the fuck is wrong with her left arm?

Attached: 1551573976398.jpg (670x670, 54K)

Yeah same here, also add Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3, maybe Daemon X Machina if it turns out good, it's gonna be a great year.

I don't know if I should get Yoshi too.

ok, but what are you playing right now? Your switch isn't just collecting dust because you've got no games to play, right user?

Attached: 1551721626629s.jpg (118x125, 3K)

for me and my brother from what have been announced
>mm2
>fe
>astral chain
>animal crossing
>dq 11
>dq builder 2
>deamon x machina
and depend on what games gonna appear in the castlevania collection
and im not couting the odd indie games here and there that i like

I bought baba is you today. I hadn't had my switch on in a few months and the battery was dead. I had to press the power button 6 times before it started up after charging it for hours.

Will you need online to download peoples levels in Mario Maker 2?

As someone who beat every English official release FE, please convince me on Three Houses, because it looks like it focuses way more on unit customization than going out with an army and strategizing things.

Will still get it at some point, just iffy now.

hard to say. coud be free to download but can't upload them without the online, but i just assume you need it

So if I have already reached 100 points in the Tetris 99 event, do I need to keep going?

how are the points being calculated right now?

got mine in novemeber and i just have Splatoon 2. Smash and Okami HD. I'll get BotW at the end of the month and Persona 5 when/if that comes out

2 weeks and we will know the truth
>inb4 anouncement for another anouncement
i will burn atlust HQ if they pull that shit again for the third time in a row

you accumulate points based on your place
something like 1st gives you 100, but second 50 and so on

yeah senpai then 100 points is nothing, consider this last for 3 days some people gonna grind like a mofo because it doesn't need to be finishing first

based

I know 100 is nothing, but it doesn't seem to go higher than that, so I don't know if I should keep playing

To be honest i totally see them doing that, but i want to believe we'll at least get a confirmation. Best Buy already leaked it so its not so useful to keep the secret now.

Attached: audacity.jpg (500x644, 34K)

I am trying to enjoy Smash, but my god, the online matcmaking is AWFUL.

What's so awful about it?

I'm playing the Umihara Fresh! demo right now and it bothers me that they keep calling her Kawase

Attached: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDnglWYdUwAAwoOZ.png&sp=c1e744d8b185256a37162c (500x750, 218K)

Even with the prefered rules on, I often que paired in bullshit like team battles or timed battles. Nor to mention that the GSP system incetives tier-whoring and gimmicky strategies which make the matches repetitive because try hards all play the same.

Arenas don´t solve the problem either, you have to wait forever, and then there are the salty hosts that kick you out if you beat them, or if you pick a character they don´t like.

Smash is great to play with friends IRL, but the online experience is terrible.

Well I guess it depends on a lot of things, my preferred rules are 1vs1 no items, 2 stocks, I often get matches like that, or sometimes I get matches with 3 stocks, sometimes I get Battlefield instead of FInal Destination, it never happened to me that I got into a team battle.

But hey, I figured they thought that if nobody else was playing then the player would rather get matched into whatever instead of keep waiting for their preferred rules.

How do you tier whore GSP when every character has their own separate ranking?

Dark Souls right now, I bought it in the sales. Playing ot portable is a totally different experience. Also fuck switch button layout, It's retarded to press the b button to do actions. It mess with my brai in.

If you buy a game you also get some gold coins you can use for more discount on the next game

Switch 2D Metroid when?

Attached: its_the_cinnamon_swirls.jpg (563x496, 47K)

I don't fucking know man, it's all I want.

Attached: samus.jpg (1500x844, 141K)

I actually just got my Switch so I'm enjoying Odyssey and Splatoon especially.

layout wise it is the same right?
the b on switch is the same as a on xbox 360

is xenoblade 2 good for someone who has never played japanese games before mario odyssey and botw?

If you like anime you'll like this

Holy fuck, user, never? To answer your question, Xenoblade 2 is pretty weebish so it's probably not for you.

Attached: hey_uh_can_you_uh_shut_your_piehole.jpg (750x592, 31K)

>someone who has never played japanese games before mario odyssey and botw
just so be clear, that mean both of them are also your first games in both franchise?

Did anyone beksevpick this up? I was honestly expecting it to he a lot easier but some of these bosses keep pushing my shit in

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 170K)

GLAD:
Ape Out: My brother and I are both musicians so we've been taking turns playing along with the game while we play. I'm surprised by how bad I am at the game, I think the urge to play music along with it turns off my twitch gaming skills. I'm constantly trying to figure out how they designed the music.

Enter the Gungeon: I've owned this game on various consoles/PC for years and I still haven't gotten through all the content, still fun, picked it up on the Switch and the slowdown sometimes fucks me up a bit, but the portable mode works pretty well.

Sega Ages: OutRun: I don't know if other people would like it. An airport I lived near in the 90's had a cabinet so I have a lot of fond memories of the game, I enjoy it. I wish the Sega Ages manuals didn't require you access their website, as it is down half the time.

I still suck dick ad Splatoon 2.

BAD:
Donut County was really short and shallow. I was thinking it would have way more puzzles and content, it took five years to create this?

AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected is garbage. The game had a great aesthetic but is just pointless from a gameplay perspective. Even after the latest patch I'm still finding bugs. I would have been happier buying an artbook. After The Next Penelope was so fun, even if it was short, I thought Aurelien Regard could make a game with solid mechanics. I'd rather see him be an art director instead of a game designer.

Attached: beast of construction.jpg (732x948, 97K)

So probably no, because i don't watch anime
yeah, i imagine it can be surprising for an american, but mostly only us and japan had this mutual relationship in games. In all of europe, almost nobody played japanese games until a few years ago
yes. Well, i have played mario 64 on a phone emulator a few years ago

Made a thread yesterday where I tested like 80% of my switch game library for NES controller compatibility.
Said I'd compile it in to an infographic but decided on a google doc instead as its easier to update. I present to you the NES Controller Compatibility Index:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kGnA5EWez8OT5w00OdYo19eUcRs_iHWNtPBvZJkra6g/edit?usp=sharing

Hope yall find it comfy reading.

What I wouldn't do to get a second Ace Attorney trilogy of Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. Or, you know, a new game.

Attached: lemme_comfort_yeh_gobbah.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

might have a few hours of freetime this weekend for ff7 between working on final projects

Is AA trilogy worth 30 burgerbucks if I haven't played them before?

>In all of europe, almost nobody played japanese games until a few years ago
>mfw
Seriously I want to know what is your definition of "japanese games"

Attached: cmonnow.jpg (338x305, 34K)

If you never ever played it before, I'd say yes 100%. Mind the stepladder though

Just beat the first one last night, it's really charming and funny so far. Definitely recommend.

It’s worth $300 imo. Truly great. But seriously it’s a bit much but worth it.

yes and the spin off series that never get to the west (except the first one)
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Ace Attorney Investigations 2

1. ok, i should have excluded uk which is closely related to usa
2. almost nobody means "hardcore gamers" and dedicated communities played them but they weren't mainstream
3.by a few years i mean somewhere around 2010 when the 7th generation of consoles and common internet bridged the cultural gap

FUTURE:

Mario Maker 2 looks baller, Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks like trash, Astral Chain might be fun, I just want solid action mechanics with a minimum of poorly designed mini-games. If they're optional mini-games are fun but when someone like Hideki Kamiya goes HAM on them it bugs me. I'll put up with them if the core mechanics are amazing like in the original Bayonetta.

The controls were a bit annoying for some people, but man I'd love to see The Wonderful 101 re-released on a console that doesn't suck complete dick, that game was the only reason I didn't immediately sell my WiiU.

I'm looking forward to Cuphead, going to play that with my bro probably, however I'm going to wait to see if it is a laggy/buggy POS on the Switch.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake looks cool. I hope Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Shield and Blord, and Animal Crossing actually come out this year and don't suck dick.

I'm really busy this year, but I'm going to try and take a break when 'Dragon Quest XI: This Should Have Been a Patch for the PS4 Version but Fuck Ya'll' comes out, assuming life doesn't throw too much bullshit at me.

Cool. I'm looking forward to using a Switch as a bit of an emulator bitch when its life-cycle is over, I bought a beat-up one on the cheap at a flea-market and I modded it, stuck it in a closet, the main concern I have is proper controllers for various reasons. I love M2 for doing such a good job bringing games to modern systems. Not going to go all Yar-Har-Har until everybody has moved on from the system, probably just to pick up various kusoge.

Attached: DuO_TQTUwAAjCeK.png (558x546, 113K)

bump?

>What are you playing?
FF7, trying to figure out or how to make the game go to 3x speed

Attached: t pose marie.jpg (320x320, 17K)

does ace attorney trilogy have original ds graphics options? the high res art looks vastly inferior and I think it'd detract from the experience and enjoyment

Playing a couple of things at the moment. Travis Strikes Again, State of Mind and BlazBlue primarily. Waiting for my copy of RPG Maker to arrive, hopefully sometime in the next week. As for expecting I really hope Langrisser I and II get an english release, either on the Japanese edition, general Asian release or an eventual (((localisation))) though obviously the former two would be preferable

Playing through Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon at the moment. It's top fun and comfy and cute and I love it.

FUCK Leviathan, though. Son of a bitch took me 5 tries to beat, each with a different class.

Most likely going to go through 7 or 9 again when I'm done with it.

Attached: index.jpg (230x220, 17K)

How is the framerate ?

It doesn't.

Idk man. I haven't touched it in ages since my right joycon went bust. I can't find the OG red one either

Dragoon class is fucking great, imo. All you need is a white mage buddy to heal you. Not to mention how useful that acc is which identifies all items.
You playing on hard, yes?

I had the opposite experience. Just tried some Tetris for a change and found myself 1st twice in a row with nothing happening at the end. Won a third time later and called quits when I reached 400 points.

The thinking man's game: DOAX3 Scarlet.
Guess I should start the excitement grind.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>yeah, i imagine it can be surprising for an american, but mostly only us and japan had this mutual relationship in games. In all of europe, almost nobody played japanese games until a few years ago
Dude what? Many in Europe grew up with anime and Nintendo. Even a little more obscure stuff like Tales of Symphonia (at the time it was released) got some fans.

He is probably eastern europe, france was notorious weeb and nintendo even had a HQ in eu since 1990

don't let it die

Attached: 1520314194387.png (1280x720, 759K)

I set my Region to Europe for that sweet European sale. But my eshop is still displaying things for the the USA and USD. What gives?

pls respond

Finishing XBC2: Torna and it’s fucking great
Waiting patiently for Mario Maker 2
Considering getting VR

Attached: 8A3D0FF9-9640-42EF-A5D9-D547DEFCF089.jpg (960x960, 123K)

Currently playing Phoenix Wright Trilogy. Looking forward to Fire Emblem and Super Neptunia RPG.

Attached: DB93CA4B-C0C3-4726-A119-AC5548F0E81E.jpg (960x960, 121K)

How long is Torna? I'm too lazy to finish it because so far it's not very interesting.

Ive been wanting metroid prime trilogy port
retro always takes their sweet time so I dont expect shit, not even some random team to port it

Attached: 1427390753810.jpg (629x618, 294K)

You have to create a European account to access the European eshop. I don't think you can buy anything with an American credit card or eshop card either.

Press down L3

Just did a run of Astebreed, pretty fun game despite it being easy as piss. Either gonna play some other shmups or Mario Kart probably, not really sure.
Just waiting till Summer for Astral Chain, Daemon X machina, Kill la Kill If, and Bloodstained; hopefully they're all good fun.
That's one sick looking switch. What's Outrun like?
Speaking of ports: give me both Sin and Punishment games and I'll never need another game for this thing. Prime trilogy would be cool, I really need to get to those games.

Attached: 1551672162181.png (455x455, 293K)

Outrun is ported by M2.... ‘nuff said.

outrun plays really great with the nes controller

I more meant the game itself user, but they did they Gunstar 3DS port too didn't they? That was real good.

About to finish up Octopath Traveller this weekend. Probably wont do the bonus content after finishing all the chapters, I'm kind of getting burnt out from doing everyone's story. After that I'll play something from my backlog.

Backlog is:
Tales of Vesperia
TWEWY
Little Dragon's Cafe
Fractured but whole
Lego City Undercover
Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission
Travis Strikes Again

I've never played Tales of Vesperia, how is it?

Outrun’s THE great classic arcade driving game. With new framerate and widescreen graphics, they made it even better than their 3DS port.

It's a jrpg where the protagonist isn't a simp.

They just announced PC port of Octopath Traveler.

I think it's the best 3D tales game personally. The combat is super tight and the story isn't so bad but it does peter out in the final act.

Well the game's style looks neat, so I might pick it up then.

Why can't he? eShop magically converts dollar from his card to euros, no?

About 20-30 hours.

Symphonia babby here, it's fucking terrible, but then again so is every Tales that isn't Symphonia. Combat is probably the best I've played in a Tales game.

I'm playing Yoshi and I dont know, I am kind of bored with it. Its weird how the gameplay feels somehow clunkier than other Yoshi titles. Hell, I even liked Wooly World. I guess I will just rush through it, I dont have the energy to collect every flower and coin.

I'm looking forward to three houses but really want another pikmin game. I really didn't like 3 but I loved how free 2 was. Hope the eventual release of 4 won't be garbage.
Also playing Dead Cells right now. I'm trash but it's really fun. Also got the making of book yesterday.

>playing Hellblade
>bought South Park Fractured But Whole during the sale
>plan on getting Steamworld Quest, maybe FFX and FFXII
>most looking forward to Fire Emblem and Astral Chain
>backlog is embarrasingly large

ah man you just fucking reminded me of steamworld quest. really enjoy the steamworld games but this one looks like its another genre? I’ll try it regardless

He's not completely wrong, just mixed up different things.
Some banks don't seem to appreciate international transactions, so your card gets denied while someone else from the same country has no problem. That includes buying something from a well-know company like Nintendo. Happens a lot on Play-Asia.
Secondly, if you change your eshop account's region, your funds will go poof. Spend it all before changing.

We've already had three different genres in the Steamworld series
>Steamworld Tower Defence(duh)
>Steamworld Dig(adventure platformer)
>Steamworld Heist(turnbased strategy)
and now
>Steamworld Quest(card-based RPG)

It's clever marketing by them, keeping the setting while branching out in genres.

bump

Hard, me? Nope. I haven't touched a mystery dungeon game since Pokemon blue rescue. Before that, it was Chocobo's Dungeon 2.

I'm playing it to enjoy a nice breeze. Il'l do another play through in the future on hard, however. I'm just trying to burn through my backlog.

I have the 3DS port already. How is the Switch version better?

Just bought XC2 but I'm still playing Phoenix Wright Trilogy. I want Animal Crossing so bad.

Why do all games come out in the second half of the year?

Attached: 1529385565317.jpg (466x393, 33K)

Smash bros.
FF Crystal Chronicles. Metroid Prime 4. Hopefully a harvest moon that doesn't suck.

>god eater 3 gets a switch port announced
>not so much as a peep about it from Yea Forums, not even to shitpost

Attached: 20190306201818_1.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)

I wish Pyra would give me a hug

>bought XC2 on release
>it's still in the plastic wrap
I'll do it after Sekiro I promise.

Attached: 1478978903754.jpg (436x396, 36K)