Yea Forums will defend this

Yea Forums will defend this

Attached: 978C72B947854F9989F42B311407933C.jpg (1803x2048, 500K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLpLhYCAJ_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Game freak are notoriously bad coders.
This is the real reason why pokemon hardly innovates

literally do not care about how efficient their coding is

Lillie in one area is not the same Lillie. This is some existential shit.

Think of the current Pokemon game if Game Freak didn't fuck around this much. The graphics, the animations, the variation.

Attached: 1539534472355.jpg (640x634, 38K)

>No Lillie is the same Lillie
You could form a theory based on this.

Attached: 338.jpg (1200x1000, 743K)

No I won't. Pokemon is my favorite franchise but I pretty much gave up on Game Freak at this point. the Sword and Shield reveal was the first time an announcement from one of my favorite franchises left me with just "eh. cool i guess". So far there is nothing that points toward this game NOT being another X/Y and S/M.

The worst part is knowing that I was literally there, in that thread and acknowledged the absolute stupidity, even in that era. Jesus Almundo.

>Yea Forums defending gamefreak
this isnt /vp/ no one thinks theyre competent here

you're an irrelevant nigger

>it's terrible code!
>Why?
>Fuck you shill
Kek

You made this thread yesterday and it sucked.
Post Regis.

Attached: 1552353733118.gif (800x800, 828K)

From the end user's point of view what the fuck does it even matter?
Even if they did find a way to code it in a non-retarded way, the end result is that you would be playing the same game anyway, without any difference noticable.

Haha here is a picture of Green saying she wants to catch you now go give gamefreak your money.
>Buys 2 copies
>Wonders why the games suck

Maybe the system has to work overtime to do the process over and over again? Lets see, what were the problems with USUM and SUMO? That the game slowed to a crawl during some battles because the 3ds couldn't handle it? Wonder if this would help?

Take your meds, schizo.

>SM there are multiple identical models
>every single are in the game has a file containing the models
People wasted money on this shit.

Attached: 1548826742073.jpg (960x854, 99K)

I'm guessing you weren't here when the Letsgo shills started waifuposting to make people buy the shitty game?

lillie cunnie

Attached: 1553887376586.gif (656x368, 2.39M)

Remember Gold and Silver? That happened because they had enough space to fit the Kanto map and that was thanks to Iwata who was an amazing programmer.

One of the biggest mistakes Nintendo ever made was not just buying up Game Freak (you can thank Iwata for that, decided to make the most asinine corporate structure instead. He was an awful businessman). Monolith Soft has improved substantially under Nintendo where Rare went to shit after they parted. Nintendo could at least have better quality control, help with resources and gave feedback for ideas and suggested new ones. They would at least have the control to push for some of these things. Problem is, Pokemon makes too much money to improve and the games wont improve until it goes south.

*HUFF PUFF*

Attached: 1553041996598.gif (750x563, 961K)

I remember it, but what does that have to do with OP's post at all?

The fact that the post is trying to derail from a discussion about how gamefreak are lazy retards? I don't mind regi posting but the thread was not made with that in mind

>There possibly could've been twice the game in SM and 10 times smoother battles
Fuck I hate everything now.

cry all you want, but in the end they *know* people would pay full price for anything with pokemon on it. They could fill a box with water, print a picture of pikachu, price it at $120, and people would still buy it.

>t. illiterate retards
The back and forth decrypting/encrypting was done in past generations to save on memory, making the processor carry the game's weight instead.
The SM redundant data is there to solve the opposite problem instead, using surplus memory to reduce loading (remember 5th gen and taking 3 seconds to enter a pokemon center?) and to make the game less resource intensive by making all of the data already available and unpacked at all times.

Even though you might think so from atop your Dunning-Kruger curve or retardation, decisions you are literally too stupid to comprehend aren't "bad coding".
Game Freak might not be perfect, but criticizing decisions that were taken as the only possible way to make the games possible in the first place as if they were some product of incompetence is idiotic.

Attached: 1508118102260.gif (320x287, 982K)

EL GOLEM DE FRIO GRANDE!

Please watch the XY/XYZ anime, Yea Forums.

Attached: __braixen_pancham_serena_and_sylveon_pokemon_and_pokemon_anime_drawn_by_niwasane_saneatsu03__61f287b (707x1000, 1.03M)

>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about or how different the Gen2 architecture was compared to modern games, but let me vomit bullshit into the post form to make it look like I know anything
The things Iwata did and he was hailed as a genius for were incredibly similar to what the OP post calls bad coding.
One of Iwata's strokes of genius was to make the games "build" the data needed from tables instead of having it clog up the memory, which is how much of Johto's battle system was handled.
Which is EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING the OP post is talking about, with the encryption and decryption working in tandem all the time.

You have absolutely no idea what you're even trying to criticize, it hurts to see how smug and condescending you people can be while talking about topics you have absolutely no knowledge about.

Attached: 1510736478111.jpg (908x730, 220K)

It's been done better by smaller companies and by literal who's. Stop sucking tpc dick you stupid fuck

Yes, because literal whos produce games the scope of mainline Pokemon games all the time.
For fuck's sake user.

Yeah ok, but it still doesn't explain the multiple models taking up space.

It does though.
By having all the models as part of the map (and being loaded with it on opening), a bit of memory is sacrificed so that the processor won't have to pull the needed data later.
The game very rarely needs to load anything, because everything is just kept in memory in big game "chunks".

That doesn't discredit what I said. In fact it makes game freak look even worse.

They could've just made 1 model, add loading and make the areas much bigger to justify the loading.

There is no games on 3DS that come even close to needing the amount of programming somersaults the Pokemon series does though.
Your claim that "smaller studios do it better" is completely baseless, because there is literally no game you can use to draw a parallel.

The Pokemon series has to support an ever growing number of characters in the four digits, on top of having to future proof everything they do so that it can work on other kinds of hardware, not to mention future games.
There is simply no game in existence on the system that could make you say "See? THEY did it!"

>add loading
But that's what they wanted to avoid like the plague.
If your game is smaller than the cart capacity, saving physical memory is meaningless.
Why would they have added loading to save space that wouldn't be used anyway? It would have made the game worse for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

>The exact same models, textures and animations are duplicated several times over and used seperately for the same function
Holy shit not even the russians are this bad. I know Japanese can barely innovate or be intuitive with logic and problem solving (which is why they can't act) and still use the same 3D lock on system for 3D combat since Nintendo 64 era but wasteful like this should be obvious to avoid.

Attached: Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2018.09.26 - 00.06.00.09.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Read the thread before you agree with an OP that has no idea what they're talking about.

>But that's what they wanted to avoid like the plague.
Well they shouldn't, it clearly hinders them.
>Why would they have added loading to save space that wouldn't be used anyway?
What the fuck are you on about. If they use only a single model for everyone, you say it adds loading to the game. I say do it, but use all extra resources on the areas so they are huge and versatile, to justify the loading times. Of course don't add the loading if you don't tinker the game otherwise.

I don't think you understand what is being saved here.
"Resources" in this context means processing power, which the game already pushes to its limit.
Having redundant models in every map allows you to "waste" memory to make the game less taxing on the 3DS's processor, thus avoiding framerate drops (most of the time at least).

It's not something you can fix by "loading more" at the start, it affects how hard it is for the game to render every single second.

Okay, I get it now. Sorry I have never even read about gamedeveloping so I was just talking out of my ass.

>armchair programmer doesnt know what he's talking about
Color me surprised. I bet you use case statements instead of arrays.

Attached: 1516953993891.jpg (936x408, 15K)

is it pronounced reg-ice or regee-ice?

Attached: the_real_hideout_of_regice_by_jjao-d2yky93_large.jpg (500x375, 87K)

Reggie Ice

current pokemon has more problems than just this
youtube.com/watch?v=CLpLhYCAJ_0

Attached: 1489438094805.png (229x252, 26K)

Lillie's connection to Cosmog slit her into alternate realities. When Cosmog saved her he actually doomed that version of Lillie to be ripped apart and strewn across the multiverse.

The worst part? At least some Lillie's realized that their existence was unstable and that their time was fleeting. That's why they left for Kanto. They did not want Sun to witness what was going to happen to them. It would be better for him to wallow in ignorance and hope that one day he would just naturally forget her existence was ever a thing.

>tfw a qt3.14 will never catch and tame you

>I got btfo in /vp/ so I better make a thread on Yea Forums now

>and that was thanks to Iwata who was an amazing programmer.
This is a myth. According to Masuda Iwata only helped with localization.
The
>he fit all of kanto woaaaaah!
bullshit is a complete meme with no actual source.

That's because the models are very high quality for a 3DS game. It has nothing to do with the made up issues in the OP.