OK, so which one was better console?

OK, so which one was better console?

Attached: Mega-Drive-and-Super-Nintendo-featured-694x400.jpg (694x400, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOaSwScGuhw
youtu.be/FcmSxIUbVLE
youtu.be/w2SlsBeSJqk
youtu.be/e6z14xfCHV4
youtu.be/lLx_voBwoDk
youtu.be/SwW5y4rrvwk
youtu.be/d_H0kdWPzfs
youtu.be/UuYFmIEtLLk
youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ow3w2DIRc
youtube.com/watch?v=WXwWhnfXbOE
youtube.com/watch?v=q4-L38Fe4UU
youtu.be/j98g5PPj0O4
youtube.com/watch?v=hUvXT85j4rM
youtube.com/watch?v=0tz244AY1K4
youtu.be/y68mENG2VlI
youtu.be/LJDM4vCYZpw
youtube.com/watch?v=cOyhHl2GAoA&list=RDHAQB_ycHi4o&index=10
youtu.be/iTHd675AjN4
youtube.com/watch?v=qfktb0x4rws
youtube.com/watch?v=iCA63uqqELM&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcKY7SqIXkYH9c-b6-47CGB3&index=27&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=Aoat35MmOrc&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcKY7SqIXkYH9c-b6-47CGB3&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=hYxlqTpZ-24
youtube.com/watch?v=xTHX8UD6KDI
youtube.com/watch?v=koJpLFFNups
youtube.com/watch?v=P5OCfGgEtqk
youtube.com/watch?v=xyUIFtxxbF4
youtube.com/watch?v=g2oyweqZ7WM
youtube.com/watch?v=vh2WTCQZkdg
youtube.com/watch?v=ti_iazvRLD4
youtube.com/watch?v=wAPpVplHiDE
youtube.com/watch?v=wckFsik_vU8
youtube.com/watch?v=95WWtCAitKE
youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw
youtube.com/watch?v=4M9U07AXpE8
youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M
youtu.be/915k0mMK-Fo?t=2709
youtube.com/watch?v=mGdcVxzc9Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=gskDcG7WLNs
youtube.com/watch?v=YTyBQb_D3DM
youtube.com/watch?v=gZH89YiwEyM
youtube.com/watch?v=FtbeYb2TVyw
youtube.com/watch?v=3FVoqcl4tgk
youtube.com/watch?v=NKsD4ARu-f8
youtube.com/watch?v=dOvfINPELDg
youtube.com/watch?v=Bv99qD-RAHo
youtube.com/watch?v=F93HIArs0Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp4W_oe0M0
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXxR2B-IJc
youtube.com/watch?v=sFWl3kF5fSA
youtube.com/watch?v=VDL9tONyAuc&t
youtu.be/e-OWXoMz9o0
youtube.com/watch?v=7OuiLAjXP1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=-Uxc3R9JzUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I prefer the SNES library but the Mega Drive was a better designed machine and also had great games of its own

>but the Mega Drive was a better designed machine

Attached: 1554868750731.jpg (277x430, 47K)

better aesthetics
way more capable CPU and more efficient VDP at a lower price point
the SNES wasn't all that well designed desu

SNES. Sega was pretty much always 2nd to nintendo. Their mascot at the time was created ENTIRELY as a response to Mario's success. All of their ad campaigns were shit flinging to get burgers to buy genesis'.

Genesis wasn't all bad. I own one and the games it had were pretty cool. But nothing is going to ever beat SNES's first party library.

Attached: 8nw88cwjdbq21.jpg (3024x4032, 774K)

SNES. It had everyhting on top of having genre fedning games that are considered the GOAT.

Genesis mostly had arcade type games that you could beat in 20 minutes.

Genesis also couldn't have games like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=DOaSwScGuhw

>muh jarpigs and slow games with 2 enemies on screen at once
snesfags everyone

>better aesthetics
Which means absolutely nothing.

*genre defining

if you value real games you will say the genesis.

The truth is that both are great consoles whose game libraries serve to complement the other’s. I personally am more inclined towards the Genesis but that’s not to say there aren’t great games on the SNES that I never would have gotten the chance to play had I let silly console wars keep me away. Imagine not having both.

Hard to say really. Often times 3rd party multiplat games were different enough from eachother to be different games really. As far as 1st party games, Nintendo had the upper hand. As for rpgs, both had good ones, obviously SNES had Final Fantasy, Genesis had Phantasy Star, Shining Force, and Langrisser. Genesis had lots of great shoot em ups.

It really depends on your personal tastes and what genres of games you are into. I’m personally preferential to Genesis, but that’s just my subjective taste.

Attached: B970E0ED-7036-4475-9365-B6BE89F150A0.jpg (2016x1512, 876K)

>Snes won outright
>sold more games and consoles
>better graphics
>games were bigger and broke barriers when it came to game design
>sega fags still trying desperately to cope decades later

Attached: 1554138587043.webm (1920x800, 2.98M)

SNES if you want more deliberately-paced, longer, drawn out experiences and RPGs. Genesis if you want faster, pick up and play, action-oriented titles or challenging games.

nintentoddlers sure love their no skill garbage games.

It certain ran games faster, but if we're comparing raw specs, Nintendo generally beats Genesis in a number of different areas. Larger color palette, larger sprite size, more simultaneous sprites, better sound system (characters in games like Street Fighter sounded muffled compared to the SNES version), not to mention the fact that SNES was also future proofed thanks to the chip system. Genesis required an add-on that basically never got put to good use. SNES's disadvantage was running games more slowly.

>Genesis couldn't have graphical effects like Rendering Ranger's
two words: Alien Soldier

I'm too zoomer for this but because i like Sonic platformers better than Mario id choose the genesis.

>Implying you can't have good games with less sprites on the screen at once
If the developer was clever, they could make an interesting shmup for SNES. Games like Super Earth Defense Force worked around this by having many bullets on screen, rather than stuffing it full of enemy ships. They could still be pretty fun. But yeah, Genesis handled shmups way better.

The only winners were the kids fortunate to own both consoles.

You had to have both

Genesis had the more creative games and the best performance for fighting games (and shmups). Snes had brighter colors but godam awful slowdown and lag. It would eat your imputs and you couldn't do the same combos as the arcade. It was some bullshit. It was also edgy af which we loved in the 90s. If you were a little older, you knew your shit about games and you could pick your console, you probably got a genesis

Snes had rpgs that were great. Although I am ashamed to say it now, back then we felt that only nerds and faggots played rpgs. It had bright colors and a powerful brand. Everyone knew "Nintendo" (nes). If you were little, or your parents chose your console for you, you probably got an snes.

Attached: 1553713956889.jpg (386x379, 36K)

For the games she’s genesis
For hardware reliability SNES

>Genesis required an add-on that basically never got put to good use.
What, you mean for mode 7 and scaling? It didn’t though, the faster processor in the Genesis made it possible to bridge the gap with clever programming. Here are some examples:

youtu.be/FcmSxIUbVLE
youtu.be/w2SlsBeSJqk
youtu.be/e6z14xfCHV4
youtu.be/lLx_voBwoDk
youtu.be/SwW5y4rrvwk
youtu.be/d_H0kdWPzfs
youtu.be/UuYFmIEtLLk

>It certain ran games faster,
most games that ran on both consoles were better on the Mega Drive. More stable performance with a higher resolution and no real compromise in terms of image quality.
>but if we're comparing raw specs, Nintendo generally beats Genesis in a number of different areas. Larger color palette, larger sprite size, more simultaneous sprites, better sound system, not to mention the fact that SNES was also future proofed thanks to the chip system.
The Mega Drive has a massively faster CPU, faster RAM, faster VRAM... the SNES hardware may theoretically support more simultaneous sprites but it'll never draw them because its CPU and VRAM are so damn slow, and the Genesis is more efficient at drawing lots of sprites anyway because it has more sprite sizes and sprites take up less memory (i.e. it's far more efficient with vram bandwidth). Any game that has a lot of sprites like a STG will always be better on the Mega Drive.
As for the sound chip, the implementations are so different that I don't think it's fair to compare them.
Enhancement chips really can't solve any of the SNES's inherent issues like everything being so fucking slow, they just introduce gimmicks.

What a retarded argument. This is like saying just because Wii games all ran at 60fps and looked like shit that they were better than 360 and ps3 that ran at 30.

Sup shmup gen.

>hardware reliability
What does this even mean, exactly?

SNES was the thinking man's console. The Genesis was for kids that like to burn ant hills with a magnifying glass and pour salt on slugs

The SNES was more future proof than the Genesis. The Genesis put most of it's eggs in the CPU horsepower basket. That worked for porting Sega arcade games to a home console but the color palette wasn't up to par and that can't be easily corrected later on. The SNES had a shittier CPU but made up for it with a great PPU and any extra processing power games needed could be offloaded onto the cart (Super FX, etc.).

>Wii games all ran at 60fps
That's not even slightly true though.

>Genesis had the more creative games

Attached: 4tard.jpg (2272x1704, 558K)

enjoy your casual games

Attached: gdeg.jpg (203x248, 15K)

>Had a Snes
>Best friend had a megadrive
>Loved playing Sanic 3 just to be Tails and fly us over every levels
>One year later my best friend is gone

Attached: 1355528899245.png (922x882, 212K)

Every first party games ran at 60fps as did most Capcom and Sega games.

The snes is shit. Shit games, shit graphics. Worthless. I had a genesis and it was fucking based. Notice how everyone who grew up with nintendo is a virgin autist, but sega chads are running the world now

>and any extra processing power games needed could be offloaded onto the cart (Super FX, etc.).
You say this as if the Genesis didn’t have the exact same thing.

Attached: 63B08564-B962-4DC5-B3C0-32069F11E3D9.png (640x384, 19K)

Genesis kid sounds like a true 90s kid and would be more fun to hang out with as kiddo

See me in Killer Instinct sonic autist

Fighting games and generic arcade shooters which made up the majoirty of the library of sega is the fucking definition of casual games you fucking retard.

That's not how it worked at all though. You can't make up for an anaemic central CPU by bolting a specialized coprocessor to the console afterwards any more than you can widen the colour palette this way. The complexity of environments in Yoshi's Island isn't any greater than other platformers on the system, and the game speed of Star Fox is still as poor as any other game on the platform. All the Super FX and its successors did was add more graphical effects.

And while the PPU may be dazzling at drawing static backgrounds, it has a few curious deficiencies when drawing sprites.

The Genesis would have beat the shit out of the SNES had the Sega CD upped the color palette instead of adding an unnecessary CPU.

What are some Genesis games that SNES babbys can play without getting frustrated? I know SNES babbys like Sonic 2 and 3 (but not Sonic 1. Way too hard for them.). Are there others?

The slowdowns and lag on snes is really annoying, it’s basically a jarpig machine

Rocket Knight Adventures

The difference is that the Genesis couldn't increase the color palette. Even Virtua Racing was limited to 64 simultaneous colors. You can offload CPU processing on a per-game basis. You can't do the same thing with a PPU unless the cartridge has it's own video out like what the 32X did. The SNES could make up for it's shit CPU. The Genesis couldn't do the same for it's PPU.

ahahahaha nintendobabies

>fighting games
>smups
>casual

Tell me more user

Attached: 1543585406483m.jpg (820x1024, 110K)

I grew up with the Genesis and love(d) it, but will readily admit the snes was the better of the two. Better sound, graphics, and most importantly library of games (unless you were a sports nut and played little else).

fitan games and stgs are better video games than jarpigs and platformers ever will be faggot

Genesis went to shit in its later years so SNES

>make fun of super Nintendo for being slow
>that starfox vid has a bunch of missing enemies and buildings
>it's even slower than the snes version

Attached: 1550882772837.png (937x638, 298K)

The difference is that the Genesis couldn't increase the color palette. Even Virtua Racing was limited to 64 simultaneous colo-

Attached: 4AE49263-DF6A-4BC8-99DA-87CAF22F0F62.jpg (300x214, 8K)

/vr/ says the genesis is better

Platformers are great and have just as high of a skill ceiling as your two aforementioned genres you uncultured nigger

???

most of the best MD games came out between 92-94, and SEGA pulled the plug on MD in 94 because Saturn. So what later years are you talking about?

For the most part you can. The SA-1 for example could interrupt the 65c816. Star Fox suffered from shit optimization in the first gen Super FX. There were multiple revisions that improved performance.

Genesis had a clear disadvantage because remember that most games were marketed via print magazines at the time. And those magazines used screenshots. And what looks better in screenshots? More colors. Sega SHOULD have addressed this with the Sega CD but they were retards and waited for the 32X.

It’s doing it without a dedicated add on chip. Also I suggest you go back and replay star fox because it clearly runs below 10 FPS.

SNES had stiff competition but by 1995 it was the best 16-bit console even without the CD add-ons of the competitors

1. Super Nintendo/Super Famicom "Now you're playing with SUPER POWER"
2. SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive "Genesis does what Nintendon't"
3. NEO-GEO AES "The future is now"
4. Turbografix-16/ PC Engine "Bonk"

The Genesis only faltered as hard as it did in its later years because of Sega of Japan trying to do a million things at once. The 32x and launching the Saturn far too early are what destroyed them.

You don't know what you're talking about. A composite video signal is irrelevant. Both machines could do native RGB anyway.

>Mkrtal Kmbat had Blood

Genesis does
Genesis does
Genesis DOES!

Can you give some examples of games which used the SA-1 outside of graphics acceleration? I'll admit I'm only familiar with the Super FXs and the CX4.

>Genesis had a clear disadvantage because remember that most games were marketed via print magazines at the time. And those magazines used screenshots. And what looks better in screenshots? More colors. Sega SHOULD have addressed this with the Sega CD but they were retards and waited for the 32X.
Who cares about advertisements? What matters is the gaming experience when it's in your house. You may argue that the Genesis appeared worse in marketing shots but that has nothing to do with how it rates as a gaming platform itself.

The real question is why did the game gear lose to the gameboy when the gameboy was 100x worse? 90s consumers must have been idiots

Are you seriously suggesting that people could not only see the color palette differences in a shrunk down genesis screenshot printed on paper, but that it also harmed sales too?

too expensive
ate through batteries like nothing else
no games

No one in 1990 was using RGB.

Sega was damn near dysfunctional. The truth is they got lucky with the Genesis and rode that wave for a bit. But the Japanese and American branches refused to work together and wouldn't engage in even the most basic coordination. The Saturn never got a flagship Sonic game because Yuji Naka threw a bitch fit. There were two entirely separate Dreamcast architectures being engineered at the same time. The company was a mess.

Genesis music objectively sounds like ass.

BING BING WAHOOOO

Nobody in America was. Every TV in Europe was equipped for RGB since well before the Mega Drive came out.

It definitely did. If you don't think so you probably weren't there. Remember this was the 1990s. Graphics were hands down the #1 selling point of a game because every month there was some newfangled technology being pumped out to make things look nicer.

Game Gear was pissing money down the drain on battery, no one bought it because anyone who tried it for more than 20 minutes had the batterys die and said fuck the Game Gear

You must be one of those people who gush about how good OOT and M64’s shitty MIDI osts are.

> unironically defending nintendo games and consoles

SNES kid here. From my casual research most third party games ran better on the Genesis, because of the faster CPU and higher base resolution. I didn’t care as a kid but a lot of games were butchered for the SNES. I think the Genesis hardware has honestly aged better.

The SNES obviously excelled in certain genres like RPG where its advantages were on display and the disadvantages were irrelevant. And that’s usually the stuff we remember.

Genesis outsold the SNES in literally every western country zoom zoom. Nice historical revisionism though.

The big one was Earthworm Jim, SNES version looked a lot better but the Genesis one was a better game overall, by a good margin.

I don't know about how the SA-1 was used specifically, just what it was capable of. A lot of these enhancement chips weren't fully taken advantage of because what Nintendo really wanted them for was the anti-piracy protection they afforded.
>Who cares about advertisements? What matters is the gaming experience when it's in your house.
Tell that to 90s kids. Don't make the mistake of thinking that kids at the time weren't cracking open EGM and deciding to buy games based on the graphics. That was just how it was at the time.

>not to mention the fact that SNES was also future proofed thanks to the chip system. Genesis required an add-on that basically never got put to good use.
You lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ow3w2DIRc

To clarify, I'm talking about how the Genesis suffered against the SNES and why it was less future proof. That's not even really a knock against it since it's two years older. But it's just a fact that it had no practical way of overcoming it's limitations while the SNES did have an elegant way of overcoming it's own.

Snes obviously.
Who the fuck cares about Kid Chameleon and Alex Kidd? Genesis exclusives suck ass.

>There were two entirely separate Dreamcast architectures being engineered at the same time.

That’s not that uncommon user, if a company has the resources it can actually make sense to throw a couple of teams at it and see what they come up with.

Apple actually had two teams working on iPhone prototypes. One was based more on iPod and the other was based on the Mac.

Who cares what ill-informed 90s kids thought? We're talking about the console today. Today it can be seen that the SNES sucked ass in a number of ways that were never addressed. Your claim of "futureproofing" is unfounded because you can't name any games where the futureproofing was utilised.

It actually didn't look better. The resolution was fucked.

The game gear sucked but it did have the best version of Sonic 1 though.

Attached: 1554043611506.jpg (404x243, 43K)

It had a two year head start and by the end it was still essentially a tie.

Can’t really see that in screenshots. That’s the point. In screenshots the extra colors popped. And back then we only had screenshots.

>not playing the definitive version
I thought Segabros were supposed to be the poor ones?

Attached: 36404-earthworm-jim-special-edition-sega-cd-front-cover[1].jpg (640x1080, 117K)

>historical revisionism
>says the seething Sega fag trying to act like Sega won that console war

Attached: 1550866526363.jpg (944x716, 99K)

You’re the one getting angry at facts.

Gamegear has plenty of games. It didn't sell because they were all games from the Megadrive. Hard to convince the parents to buy you the same Sonic game twice.

This. Sega were always chasing Nintendo's tail.

nintendo didnt excel at anything

/thread

SNES is objectively better in every way. No amount of fanboying can change that.

Kirby's Super Star takes advantage of the SA-1's processing power. And if the SNES doesn't get credit then it's still a draw because it's not like the Genesis addressed it's own shortcomings. At best it's lose or draw for the Genesis because it never had any games pushing more colors. The SNES has some games with more horsepower. The port sucked compared to the PC original obviously, but DOOM was adequate and ran on the improved version of the Super FX.

By making tech that blew theirs the fuck out? Time and time again?
>Master System
Strongest 8-bit console ever.
>Genesis
Better than the SNES despite predating it.
>Saturn
Stronger than the N64 and without being stuck with cartridges.
>Dreamcast
Not even a fair comparison, at least it had online play lmao

Ever notice how in threads like these it’s always the nintendrônes who actively consolewar.

only zoomers and ecelebs think the snes was better

I love Sega but almost nothing you just posted is accurate.

go ask the same question on /vr/ and see what happens.

>Master System
Strongest 8-bit console ever.
Technically this probably goes to the TurboGrafx-16.

>Saturn
>Stronger than the N64
fucking hell anyone actually believes this shit?

if fighting games are so casual, why do nintendo fans refuse to git gud at them and instead try to play a party game competitively?

Attached: 1554415235952.png (477x285, 39K)

Nintendo is a embarrasment for gaming

Donkey Kong pretty much killed the Genesis. from 1994 forward no gave a fuck about it anymore. Which is amazing because in 94 it looked like Nintendo had nothing left. They weren't going to release another Mario or Zelda game.

Sega never did anything right. The Saturn was stable in Japan but that comes down to the dumb luck of Nintendo shitting the bed with the N64 and NEC abandoning the industry. Sega got second place in Japan simply by default.

That's the power of having two CPUs, buddy.

Attached: sonic the laughing.jpg (1172x1274, 480K)

real gamers dont care about nintendo games

Sega killed the Genesis. Literally, with the release of the 32x and Saturn, Sega of Japan literally directly ordered that the Genesis be retired. Stupid history inventing zoomer.

Super Nintendo was more over with the better charisma, promos, look and drew the most dimes but Mega Drive had the better workrate.

You sega fags are the most delusional You still have this seething hatred for Nitendo, but What's funny is Sony is the one that killed Sega intentionally and you all flocked to them like the cucks that you are.

Attached: 1541004485675.png (466x349, 132K)

>nintendies always naming the same games,

two CPUs that together had less than half of the peak performance of the N64's one
and that's assuming they're both at 100% utlization which they never will be because of the shared memory
and that's ignoring the fact that the n64 has full T&L coprocessing while the Saturn CPUs regularly need to perform perspective division

>tfw devs were just too stupid to take advantage of the Perfect Genesis
Imagine having a Sonic game by Sonic Team in their prime, with CD audio and 32X graphics.

Attached: 2869858-3515846896-18081[1].jpg (640x480, 21K)

What is the point of that when nothing on the saturn looks as good as a launch game like Mario 64?

Attached: 1552584959855.gif (477x252, 1.22M)

the 32x graphics hardware is raw ass
the 32x is badly designed and could not ever have been well designed

The fact that 3rd parties wanted nothing to with the genesis because of how weak it was should tell you which one is better.

Attached: 1548274983431.jpg (480x318, 17K)

Just make it on the Saturn at that point retard. At that point it’s basically just a Saturn without the VDPs anyways.

Sega wasn't doing shit with the Genesis near the end of it's life. What did we get? Comix Zone? Vectorman 2? This was at the same time the SNES was getting Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario RPG. Whatever hardware advantages the Genesis may have had, it didn't show in the products.

>remember falling for the memes surrounding it
>go back years ago and play it
it was actually pretty allright

Attached: img_0379.jpg (585x329, 126K)

MUH RPGS MUH KIDDIES GAMES

Nah, that game is pretty cute looking (which appeals to SNES babbys) but has a few challenging bits that would definitely turn them off.

>chasing Nintendo
Genesis came before SNES
SEGA beat Nintendo to CD and even then they just used mini disc

t. zoomer who never bought AA batteries

Also, the SNES port (yes, port) of EWJ was missing like half the frames. Also, it had loading times. Fuck the SNES version.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin and Ristar are two of the best games on the system. Mega Bomberman, too.

SNES > Genesis
PS1 > Saturn (JP) > N64 > Saturn (US)
PS2 > Gamecube > Xbox > Dreamcast
360 > Wii > PS3
PS4 > Switch > Xbone > Wii U

Prove me wrong.

>What's funny is Sony is the one that killed Sega intentionally
wrong. sega of japan is what killed sega.

But user, Mania was meant to be based off the Saturn, not the GeneCDX.

>360 > Wii > PS3
literally backwards

Sega of America was in the wrong actually, they should have fucking let go of the Genesis and moved on to the Saturn and the Dreamcast.

You know,I had a SNES and always heard the SNES was a more powerful console than the Genesis, but every game comparison on Youtube shows that the Genesis ports ran and sounded way better than the SNES'

The same thing happened to Mickey Mania. The Genesis was great if games were given the TLC and tailored to the hardware. The problem is that very few Genesis games were given anywhere near as much love as Earthworm Jim. Also a lot of the Genesis's "big" games played weird or had some kind of bizarre gimmick. Ecco the Dolphin, Toejam & Earl, Comix Zone, etc. They just weren't as universally accessible as something like Donkey Kong Country or Mega Man X.

>multiplayer games
Genesis, easy.
>singleplayer games
SNES, easy.

Attached: 250px-General_Chaos_cover.jpg (250x367, 47K)

But the SNES also got a version (shittier, completely different version but still a version) of Batman. Ristar was good but I don't remember it being especially popular though. It seemed like by 1995 the Genesis was playing second fiddle while every month the SNES was releasing some game that blew everyone's mind.

>sounded way better than the SNES
i love myself the beats and bass mega drive soundchip had but tech wise snes one is just better
stuff like orchestra type of music is out of reach for md unless you downsize things

Segabros, you will be picking up a Genesis Mini in September, right?

Attached: a02kz8aey4wczznpm49r.0.jpg (1200x800, 173K)

Genesis might not have as much classics or even be technically better but these days I would say it is underrated and underappreciated as a console.

5 AA batteries just for 1 hours of battery life.

real retro gamers choose the genesis

And when they finally did and started making a Saturn Sonic they were forced to stop by Sega of Japan.

The Snes Batman & Robin was made by Konami. It's pretty shit.

>SNES: 49 Million
>Genesis: 43 Million

sega of america were the only ones keeping them afloat (well, them and europe). the japanese branch kept sabotaging them with absolutely moronic decisions, such as forcing them to make the 32x because they were scared of the atari jaguar. or forcing them to do that stupid early saturn launch in the us because they were panicking over the playstation's growing momentum in japan.

I will once the emulation is shown to be good. Sega has been incredibly hit and miss with that in the past.

Well the SNES is actually remembered for a variety of games while the Genesis is mainly remembered for Sonic, so there's that.

No I bought a Mega SG so I’m set.

It really sin't. It's more faithful to the show and was made by a good dev team that made castelvania 64 and Circle of the Moon.

6. 6 AA batteries. It was insane.

Ports run better in the Genesus

Half the SNES games worth playing were never localized, so I have to give it to Sega. And aside from that, I just prefer the Genesis' sound.

WHAT? THERE WERE 2 SATURNS=

Because it wasn't made by Sonic Team and it looked like shit.
Nigger, what? Sega of America lead most of the 32X development. Sega of Japan wanted nothing to do with it and developed the Saturn instead, which would have been better than putting the Genesis on Life Support like SoA did with it.

Original idorts, assemble!
>I dunno why you fags are arguing over whether nintendo or genesis is better, just get both lmao

Attached: faggotsalsostolemostofmyvidyagaems.jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

It has nice, accuratw graphics but gameplay wise it's a big fat heap of nothing.

He's referring to the Japanese Saturn which has a bigger game lineup than the International Saturn.

fake zoomer gamer

Both were good, but I definitely played my SNES a lot more, especially after Sega Channel support stopped.

>Because it wasn't made by Sonic Team and it looked like shit.
It wasn't even close to finished and had to be restarted multiple times for engine changes since Yuji Naka didn't want baka gaijin using his precious Nights engine and threatened to quit like a bitch.

Mortal Kombat 1-3 all look better on SNES. They look like a game gear game on genesis.

Had a Genesis, SNES, TG16, Sega CD, and 32X. You might think I was spoiled rotten, but I bought most of those on my own. I was in my mid teens in the early 90s.

They played more accurately on Genesis. The Genesis MK1 also had a great soundtrack.

>Sega of America lead most of the 32X development.
yes, because sega of japan dumped it on them. soj was scared of the jaguar and convinced themselves that sega needed to quickly respond to atari.

>Castlevania Bloodlines
>Contra Hard Corps
>Puyo Puyo 1 + 2
>Shining Force 1 + 2
>ToeJam & Earl
>Comix Zone
>Gunstar Heroes
>Ecco 1 and 2
>The best home ports of Mortal Kombat
>Streets of Rage Trilogy
>Golden Axe 1 and 2
>Ristar
>Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
>Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4

This.

Mortal Kombat plays and looks like shit no matter what platform its on

He did say mainly remembered.
Most people won't even recognize half those games, which is a shame.

Apart from Streets of Rage, MK, Golden Axe, and maybe Contra and Casltevania, many people did not play any of those games or remember they exist.

Attached: 1554233609708.jpg (701x394, 26K)

>Puyo Puyo 1 + 2
Wasn't Puyo 1 exactly the same on Genesis and SNES, just one was Robotnik and the other was Kirby?

Sega of America was the ones that lead all of the Sega Saturn projects relating to Sonic the Hedgehog, they straight up told Sonic Team to fuck off and make other stuff, so they did just that and made NiGHTS. It was SoA's fault for not having a true Sonic Game on Saturn, not Sonic Team's.
Did you not read a single word I fucking said on there?

Unironically I always thought EJ was a SNES exclusive

Imagine it's the 90's

Mega Drive had the edgiest ads, celebs supported it, it had more "adult" games (Mortal Kombat ABACABB you know it if you played it).

Also, SNES seemed to run at a really low fps. Everything lagged. Genesis had 'BLAST PROCESSING'. I had both, the SNES really did feel less responsive. It had great games, some of the Mario's, Secret of Mana and a bunch of RPGs and some gimmick stuff like Starfox, but overall, MegaDrive had the more unique library of games.

Toejam and Earl.
Landstalker.
Sonic 1-3 and addons
Ecco
Gunstar Heroes
Phantasy Star 4
Shining Force
Shining in the Darkness
etc etc

It's being made by M2, the same company responsible for the Sega Ages ports on 3DS, PS4, Xbox One, Mobile Phones, and Switch.
Don't worry, they won't fuck up like ATGames, the creators of the other Genesis Mini's.

Did you have a 3DO and Jaguar? Didn't think so.

Attached: 19502-return-fire-windows-screenshot-vehicle-selection.gif (640x480, 46K)

Many people are faggots. The Genesis has tons of awesome games and they’ve never been easier to play.

Nope. It was developed for Genesis. SNES got a rushed port.

And it still lost and was dead by 1995. Proving that you need good games to win console wars and not stupid cancer shit like ads and celebrity cameos.

Attached: 1538774408127.png (1630x873, 3M)

And Game Gear was objectively better than Gameboy in specs too, but who wanted a Game Gear. Noone. Because Gameboy had good games.

Mega Drive had the better library.

The visual direction of Robotnik's game was much better
youtube.com/watch?v=WXwWhnfXbOE
youtube.com/watch?v=q4-L38Fe4UU

I owned a 3D0 briefly but traded it in to FuncoLand to buy a Saturn. 3D0 sucked. Didnt care about Jaguar because I knew Atari were crooks.

The big advantage the SNES had was all the goodwill built up from the NES. It was able to capitalize on all those franchises by making SNES versions of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Castlevania, TMNT, Final Fantasy, etc.

The Genesis got some of those but they came later. Before Sonic all Sega had in it's wheelhouse was porting it's arcade games. They were good ports but that was mostly all it was doing until 1991.

only in japan. mega drive outsold snes everywhere else.

I stopped playing video games when Saturn was a thing for a long while, got into other things, but I do proclaim the Sega Saturn to be my favorite console ever.

Attached: thehardestmetalknowntoman.png (684x218, 5K)

Haven't played any of them. No problems?

people overrate the fuck out of RR-R2's graphics. the most impressive effects in the game are parts you don't even have control in. ranger x is far more impressive.

What is that side slot for? First time I've seen one. I had a Mega Drive in Australia.

>PS2 > Gamecube > Xbox > Dreamcast
>ranking the DVD player that popularized dudebro cancer over the last big burst of Sega and STG creativity with manufacturer supported VGA out
And I say that as someone who loves the Sega lineup on XBox

>360 > Wii > PS3
>putting a console infamous for melting into slag, destroying discs if you sneezed on the console, and a second half of lifespan dominated by a glorified EyeToy first
This is 2019, not 2009. PS3’s library passed 360’s handily by the end of the cycle.

>PS4 > Switch > Xbone > Wii U
On merits of actual gaming, there is no way that Xbone deserves to be ahead of Wii U unless you’re deathly allergic to playing on PC. I’ll concede the argument if we’re including the fact that later Xbones can be UHD Blu Ray players, which is the only reason to get one anymore beyond hating having to use a DualShock 4

Everything else I agree with, barring you completely ignoring TG16/PC Engine in 4th Gen. It’d be a solid second place when comparing Japanese libraries.

The Game Gear had better games than the Game Boy. Up until Pokemon came out. It was gg for the GG at that point.

I got big into Saturn. Loved the library. Just needed Sega of America to get more games over from Japan.

I got into gaming around 98 when I was 5. At my house we had an NES, Genesis, SNES, and N64. My cousin who lived a few blacks down had a ps1. I never realized a Sega Saturn was a thing til around when the ps2 launched. I never once saw it for sale at a toys r us or Sears around 98-99. If I did I would have gotten one because we loved Sega Nintendo stuff.

push X to combo

>shitting on one of the best designed consoles of all time that is still being used as a platform to this day
Just because you're too stupid to figure out how to open the case doesn't mean the console is bad, retard.
There's quite a few fan translations out there for Saturn games.

Attached: IMG_20180428_125000.jpg (4096x3072, 2.66M)

what an intelligent counterargument

>There's quite a few fan translations out there for Saturn games.
Bit late now lmao

No problems, and some of them even add new features such as the Sonic 1 port having Tails and Knuckles playable and adding the Spin Dash and Drop Dash from Sonic 2 and Mania respectively.

NINTENDO MAKES BABBY GAMES

I honestly can't decide even if I wanted to. Both are fucking great consoles and had pros/contras. Why does everything have to be a competition?

Attached: Monster World IV (USA, Europe) (En,Ja) (Virtual Console)_005.png (256x224, 11K)

>Both are fucking great consoles and had pros/contras.
Yeah but Hard Corps blows Contra III the fuck out

Genesis 100%
Nintendo if you like shitty JRPGs

>suganami who later joined treasure worked on the side scrolling levels of contra 3 exclusively
damn, he knew those overhead levels were shit.

Eh, time makes fools of us all. Play now what you couldn't earlier.

I think there's a misunderstanding. Pros/contras = advantages/disadvantages. I'm not talking about the game Contra.

Genesis had better music:
youtu.be/j98g5PPj0O4
youtube.com/watch?v=hUvXT85j4rM
youtube.com/watch?v=0tz244AY1K4
youtu.be/y68mENG2VlI
youtu.be/LJDM4vCYZpw
youtube.com/watch?v=cOyhHl2GAoA&list=RDHAQB_ycHi4o&index=10
youtu.be/iTHd675AjN4

Bonus vaporwave:
youtube.com/watch?v=qfktb0x4rws

They're both in my top 2 but I give the slight edge to Mega Drive because I've become more interested in action games and far less interested in RPGs. Phantasy Star IV is better than any SNES JRPG anyway.

>shitting on one of the best designed consoles of all time that is still being used as a platform to this day
Pic unrelated? No one is still releasing stuff for OG Xbox to this day and my antipathy towards its design ethos and ecosystem aside, I’d still consider it worth owning for it’s exclusives not named Halo.

If you’re talking about the 360, I’d love to hear your spin for why it was so brilliant for Microsoft to not bother spending a couple extra bucks for laptop-style disc drives like everybody else that gen even after repeated mobo revisions.

user means people are still shitting out homebrew for it, which is true. Xbox is pretty popular still with a certain crowd

I have to put Xbox ahead of GC slighty, Halo 2 and some of those Xbox Live games were a big deal, 2003-2004 GameCube was losing steam, waiting for Twilight Princess delays, Reggie came out at e3 2004 and tried to living thing up, GameCube ended on a somber note, Xbox had big momentum going to 360, people were actually skeptical of Wii the first holiday, it wasn't until 2007 when Wii crushed competition that people knew Nintendo was back, plus the DS slowly started to crush the PSP everywhere, and honestly GameCube was bordering weak library for a Nintendo home console, Nintendo gave up in 2004, Wii was a below average Nintendo console

It's true. The Game Gear blew the Game Boy the fuck out. It was able to play Master System games with an adapter, it had a palette that was over 1,000x larger, it had more RAM, it had a backlight. It was better than the Game Boy in almost every way.

And in return, it had anywhere from a third to a sixth of the battery life the Game Boy had, on top of costing significantly more. The Game Gear was too ahead of its time.

Attached: Sonic 2.webm (532x480, 2.86M)

SNES uses muffled samples, Genesis uses YM2612 FM synth chip, better for arcade and action games.
SNES mostly has dumbed down JRPG because ''westerners too dumb''
Genesis has great 3D because faster processor without any additional chips in the cartridges

So many idiots in this thread talking about stupid shit none of us cared about when genesis and snes was around
>ports
>60fps
>RGB
Dumbasses, the lot of you.
Ports were done by different companies and often for just one console. You'd get acclaim making a port for a game that midway did the port for on another system. That was the main reason for one being shit and the other not, not the fucking system.
NOBODY cared or talked about fps.
Only japs and fucking nerds talked about RGB or any video that wasn't composite or RCA because that's all we fucking had.

Here's something people cared about back then: games. Everybody knew that all the good jrpg's were on snes and all the the good beat em ups were on genesis. Other than that, you played what you liked. They had a pretty even library. The only winners were the kids like me who got both.

Attached: 1518848639453.gif (280x181, 113K)

SNES is better no contest.
But if you didn’t own both and can’t still enjoy both, you’re only playing yourself.

No it didn't. Only had one type of sounding music and it all sounded like dated shit. I don't even know how to described that cheap sounding tin noise. SNES had stuff that sounds like it came from a PS1.

SNES games had varied soundtracks. That's why they are remembered more fondly.

youtube.com/watch?v=iCA63uqqELM&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcKY7SqIXkYH9c-b6-47CGB3&index=27&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=Aoat35MmOrc&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcKY7SqIXkYH9c-b6-47CGB3&index=29

Attached: 1553119663088.png (605x520, 358K)

All SNES music sounds the same too.

Nice bass lines faggot
lol

>SNES is better
How so?

I had no idea there was a console war as a toddler with a very fun Gen in the early 90s. I was just upset that I couldn't rent LttP or play PS1 games on my Sega. The SNES probably has deeper and more longlasting games, though, which I began to confirm when I got one and several games (none were RPGs).

Then Sony picked up where Sega left off. Becoming one of nintendoa biggest competitors.

imagine being this much of a cock sucking faggot who loves muted sample shit
I bet you listen to Kanye West too, you fruitcake.

>SNES games had varied soundtracks.
As much as I love cheap midi music, I hate to have to tell you this, but Genesis games had better music.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYxlqTpZ-24
youtube.com/watch?v=xTHX8UD6KDI
youtube.com/watch?v=koJpLFFNups
youtube.com/watch?v=P5OCfGgEtqk
youtube.com/watch?v=xyUIFtxxbF4

>youtube.com/watch?v=iCA63uqqELM&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcKY7SqIXkYH9c-b6-47CGB3&index=27&t=0s
>youtube.com/watch?v=Aoat35MmOrc&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcKY7SqIXkYH9c-b6-47CGB3&index=29
literally muted, compressed sample trash.
>SNES had stuff that sounds like it came from a PS1.
mcfucking kys, you clown.
t. snes owner

Songs from FFVII sound exactly likes an SNES game only more clearer. Specifically Mario RPG.

>It's not an 8-bit console, it says on the name it's 16 bit

youtube.com/watch?v=g2oyweqZ7WM
youtube.com/watch?v=vh2WTCQZkdg

...certainly not as good as these gems, right? Them silly Nintenkids.

I mean, if user is seriously arguing for homebrew as a reason to put Xbox over DC, he’s off his rocker. DC’s homebrew scene completely shames all others in its generation since it’s full of crazy cultists that still put out commercial releases.

Find me a SNES game that sounds anything like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ti_iazvRLD4

Best SNES songs
youtube.com/watch?v=wAPpVplHiDE
youtube.com/watch?v=wckFsik_vU8

Best Mega Drive songs
youtube.com/watch?v=95WWtCAitKE
youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw

Attached: dance.gif (452x251, 1.59M)

Sure, sure. I can barely tell these two apart.

youtube.com/watch?v=4M9U07AXpE8
youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

Play the Battle Mania games.

Attached: BattleMania_MD_JP_Box.jpg (3180x2015, 2.75M)

Mortal kombat looked like shit on the genesis

This. There's a harsh sounding quality from Genesis games that makes it hard to listen to.

you have obviously no idea whatsoever what you are quacking about. you are either a) a shitposter b) a full blown retard or c) have some serious hearing impairment. In any case I advice you to stop posting alltogether.

If you hate the Mega Drive soundchip, you also hate arcade games and home computers. You basically hate video games, but hey that's to be expected here.

Honestly, if you don't own at least three Sega consoles, you don't care about video games.

Is this post bait? That post directly contradicts what you're saying, Virtua Racing comes with an expensive as fuck chip inside the cartridge to expand what was never possible with the Mega Drive alone. The game was released as double the price of a regular full priced game.

Not that any of that matters, I still prefer the Mega Drive but you're being retarded

I wasn't aware that ancient arcade games are the only types of game made in this world. huh wow

Attached: 1553301324565.jpg (675x864, 74K)

Alright Yea Forums

>best snes game
>best genesis/md game

You must pick one and only one for each. Although I guess S3&K is okay because it can be combined into one game.

they're just the only ones that matter

Attached: 2k53qznx.png (383x404, 173K)

He said the SNES was future-proofed by having the ability to have chips inside the carts. The Genesis had the same shit. Don't act obtuse.

Yea once I started doing research I noticed this and was a bit surprised to be honest. Like I said above some SNES games were outright butchered and only had the color palette going for them.

I also think the Genesis sound hardware has aged better, tough pill to swallow for a SNES kid but I have to be honest with myself.

id like to see which systems and controller variations you own

not in Australia it didn't lose. SEGA was huge in every country except America.

The SNES was designed for it - launch titles had DSPs built in (like Pilotwings). Meanwhile on Genesis only one game got it and that shit made the game cost $100 as opposed to regular price for SNES games. Not anything near the same.

wow large prerendered sprites.... amazing.

>SEGA was huge in every country except America.
It came in third behind the PC Engine in Japan, and is about as well-remembered there as TG16s are in the West.

based

youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M

youtu.be/915k0mMK-Fo?t=2709

>EVERY FIRST PARTY GAMES
I can name at least a few, 2Xzelda games, mario strikers charged

That shit is absolutely irrelevant, the fact that more games needed extra chips is just a testament on how the system was more crippled than anything, not exactly a point in favor. Basically any cartridge system allows for chips, it's up to the devs if they want to put the extra cost in them. The NES had it as well in some games. I don't know how that's supposed to be a defense of a system in any way, it's just a random factoid.

As a ex-segafag for years, i say snes is clearly better. though i come back to gen/md titles now and again. Contra Hard Corps over trash that is Contra 3 any day

You say this shit as if you were in relapse and hit rock bottom. Both systems are great, this shit ain't 1992 playground anymore

Attached: 1543372184922.png (152x134, 1K)

don't know why 4ching-chong won't embed the video with the exact timestamp:

song is Dark Studio and starts at 45:09

oh also xenoblade chronicles counts as well

Oh yeah...Genesis did have the better sounding music I forgot!

youtube.com/watch?v=mGdcVxzc9Sk

youtube.com/watch?v=gskDcG7WLNs

Explanation for the brainlets in the thread.

Genesis was designed for porting arcade games, so engineers emphasized a fast CPU, but didn't give a shit about visual quality. As a result, it had no PPU and the system suffered from poor visual quality as the home market emerged with an emphasis on slower, more visually-impressive games.

SNES engineers gambled on an expensive PPU, in order to display a much wider variety of colors, with better sprite quality to boot. For games that required faster action, a supplementary CPU could be placed on the cartridge to aid in processing.

Sega could NOT do the opposite, ie put a PPU on the cartridge. Why? The PPU provides an interface between the video out and the CPU. In order to output more colors or better quality images, Sega would need to daisy chain hardware between the CPU and the video out. They had a chance to do this with the 32X, but for whatever reason were retarded.

Attached: 1552514966359.jpg (720x398, 25K)

>Not anything near the same.
That's true. The SNES was so underpowered that they often had to include special chips in their carts to help with processing. Donkey Kong Country retailed for $70 and still sold at a loss - which they recouped by charging third parties for the chips in question.

Sega wasn't as reliant on chips because it was already comparatively a powerhouse. The SVP chip just pushed it so far beyond that there were plans to put Daytona USA on the fucking thing.

>muted sample trash
I already told you to stop posting. you clown.

Define powerhouse. They had the equivalent of an i7 with onboard graphics, whereas the SNES was akin to an i3 with a GTX 1060.

Neither system was more "better" at baseline in that sense, but Sega couldn't supplement its design choice of poor visual quality without making an add-on like the 32X, which for whatever reason, they decided to NOT include hardware acceleration...

Yeah we need more posts like this, both systems are great

Best SNES songs
youtube.com/watch?v=YTyBQb_D3DM
youtube.com/watch?v=gZH89YiwEyM

Best Mega Drive songs
youtube.com/watch?v=FtbeYb2TVyw
youtube.com/watch?v=3FVoqcl4tgk

Best PC-98 songs
youtube.com/watch?v=NKsD4ARu-f8
youtube.com/watch?v=dOvfINPELDg

Attached: 1545946369140.png (210x230, 2K)

that just shows developer incompetence, its like saying that the Personal Computer has shit music and then post FFVII steam edition vs PS1 Disc version

>Define powerhouse
Had over twice the clock speed of the SNES.

Did you read the rest of the post, dumbass? A fast CPU doesn't mean shit when you have no graphics processor. Fuck, you are retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bv99qD-RAHo

youtube.com/watch?v=F93HIArs0Vo

$100 well spent.

All genesis music and sound effects sound like sonic and robotnick exploding. Snes games may sound similar depending on what company (Nintendo, Capcom, Square etc) but they all sound different and better. For every 1 good Sega music piece, snes has like 10 on it.

and still the games. Snes always with the better games.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp4W_oe0M0

SNES had games
Genesis didn’t

>Nintendo moved 49.1 million Super NES consoles over the course of the generation and beyond, far surpassing the Genesis, which sold a still impressive 29 million units.

Remember when sega still made gaming consoles? Hey at least sonic gets to show up in mario games occasionally

>A fast CPU doesn't mean shit when you have no graphics processor.
Sure it does. For the most part, a graphics processor was unnecessary - you could do transparency, parallax scrolling, even crazy shit like changing the palette on each line as they're drawn, all with the CPU.

>Genesis has a shit soundcard
>Soundtracks from most genesis games sounds dope
The sound gave games on the system some collective identity, a lot of good work was done with it too.
SNES was okay too I guess.

i agree but good music can still be made, but ofc its easier on sample based than FM synth

Exactly the opposite. Thanks to the SNES relying on samples, it's a lot easier to find samey sounding games there.

I won't even bother comparing songs themselves because it's not fair. Genesis games simply had better composers.

>play Genesis game
>turn up volume
>braaaaaaap

Attached: 1553641722090.jpg (500x372, 15K)

>Saturn.
>Better than N64.

What the flying fuck. Even gimped N64 was a damn monster at time.

But SNES outsold the Genesis by 6-8 million

mega CD add on

Is there a Genesis games that looks and plays as good as Yoshi’s Island?

Is there a SNES game that looks and plays as good as the Sonic games?

In getting the Japanese MegaDrive mini

Ristar, Vectorman, and Streets of Rage 2 look nice, but idk if I would say they match up to Yoshi's Island.

SEGA killed off MD for Saturn, games didn’t stop coming out on it because it flopped

>argument
Are you taking actual stock in a debate over game consoles from the 90s? Seriously, how fat are you

Attached: charlie.gif (263x263, 1.11M)

DKC BTFOs Sonic pretty hard

brawl

The Genesis soundchip has a distinct electronic sound that's lent inspiration to actual DJs and bands. The SNES sound chip is like the game music equivalent of early 3D graphics, it's primitive imitation that would be outdated as soon as the next gen came. Some games had good OSTs thanks to composition and David Wise was a wizard.

I live in Mexico and I never heard of the Genesis until the 2000’s when I knew the Dreamcast wasn’t Sega’s only console

This

As far as boring, shitty platformers go, you can't beat the Donkey Kong Country series.

Cope

Good on you to quote a game better than DKC.

Attached: 7o6NSgT[1].png (808x486, 351K)

I think he was joking from your typo.

>just as high of a skill ceiling as your two aforementioned genres
no they don't retard

yeah megaman x but its snes

Genesis.
Still has games being made for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXxR2B-IJc

Attached: 9f26c8e435b996244aec8e6a16f80cda_original.jpg (680x500, 92K)

Attached: 1521656820_ololo.png (1000x1380, 2.78M)

Genesis had a bigger variety of games. Snes had a lot of jrpgs. Both were good but if you didn't like JRPGs you got the wrong system. imho both were pretty good but Genesis barely wins this fight.

Attached: 1555057729147.gif (960x540, 1.74M)

I had a Genesis instead of a SNES, I still own my Genesis, I loved my Genesis I've got more nostalgia for it than any other console I've ever owned, it had a great library of games.

But the SNES had an even better library.

Genesis Sonic games were better than retro Mario games with the exception of SMB3. I'd say SMB3 is just as good as Sonic3 and Knuckles.

Only S3&K is good. 1 and 2 are boring shit.

No idea but I do know Genesis had the superior Aladdin and Power Rangers Movie games.

Best PC-Engine songs
youtube.com/watch?v=sFWl3kF5fSA
youtube.com/watch?v=VDL9tONyAuc&t

Attached: images.jpg (221x228, 10K)

they're pretty much even if we're only considering their western libraries, SFC-only games give the SNES the edge though

Who /metalsquad/ here? Technosoft were at their absolute prime with this game youtu.be/e-OWXoMz9o0

Attached: ThunderForceIV_MDTitleScreen.png (320x224, 9K)

The never ending debate.
My vote goes to the Genesis.

Half the reason to buy a Genesis was sports games that are obsolete now. SNES has aged WAY better.

I gotta say the SNES is kinda meh

Attached: SNES.jpg (3253x1358, 1.55M)

Nah. Sonic is better than any of the SNES Mario and DKC games. PS2 and 4 are better than any SNES JRPGs. Castlevania Bloodlines is better than Castlevania IV.

SNES also has abundance of weak-ass platformers. Do you remember hits like Harley's Humongous Adventure, Super Adventure Island or Congo's Caper?

Contra Hard Corps is also much better than Contra 3

Stop being reasonable

>tfw sonic 3 wont be on it because MJ fucked it into a legal hellhole

I actually agree, DKC has only prerendered graphics that were working in its favor, now DK games are a chore to play.

Is the Genesis the ultimate COPE machine?

youtube.com/watch?v=7OuiLAjXP1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=-Uxc3R9JzUE

How will segafags ever recover?

Attached: SSF2T_Sagat.gif (296x480, 12K)

>looks
Debatable, though it does look really good.
>plays
No way, Comix Zone is a mess remembered mostly for its great aesthetic, good soundtrack, and unique concept.

>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick.

>The best home ports of Mortal Kombat
>Phantasy Star 2, 3

You were fine except these.
Kombat 1 was the only better one. 2 and 3 were better on SNES.
PS2 is an even more overrated oldfag JRPG than FF4 is, and not even Phantasy Star fags like 3.

Genesis was better for fighters and beatemups, SNES was better for basically everything else.

>hahaha our nintendy console is better than your one!
>bing bing wahoo!

Attached: animeyikes.jpg (764x713, 309K)

Wow those 10 pre rendered sprites look so good

>Genesis was better for fighters
fully disagree, it's SFII + Yu Yu Hakusho vs SFII and a fuckton of decent japanese fighting games like Gundam: Endless Duel, Osu Karatebu!, the 3rd Ranma game, the TMNT fighting game by Konami (much better than the Genesis counterpart)

>beatemups
agree

>SNES was better for basically everything else
i also prefer the Genesis for shmups, run'n'guns, text adventures (thinking about the Sega CD here) and racing games. probably sports too, but i don't really care that much about that

>hahaha our segay console is better than your one!
>SEGHAHHHHHH

Cringe
Absolutely based

What happened user?

Attached: 1518734104596.png (2080x1200, 163K)

>playing a console without blazed processing
lol

Attached: claymates.jpg (2100x1534, 561K)