Right niggers, post your favorite
>game
>character
>soundtrack
>location
>ability
>dragon form
>boss battle

Attached: 1464031924857.jpg (800x600, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jf9wP-XEKo4
youtube.com/watch?v=MzGGnd9a1MA
youtu.be/KVXcu6KSiq0
youtube.com/watch?v=WVVtYuOHcSY
youtu.be/pt9UJ-rD588
youtube.com/watch?v=6WdibZ37hdw
youtube.com/watch?v=9TCPlw3GtPc
4gamer.net/games/999/G999903/20180611003/
youtube.com/watch?v=UhwIRZZhxKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c3evnikrROA
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=OXUVJ2jOMSY
youtu.be/DmjDWx1VfMo
youtube.com/watch?v=5jxPCMTxMQo
youtu.be/GSQ7M7ABvXU
youtu.be/7o28TQclwPk
youtube.com/watch?v=A1IWf-J1Sho
youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1BvqNDsb8
youtu.be/JiLNYLJj6x4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AHEM!

FUCK BOF3FAGS AND FUCK BOF4FAGS, DRAGON QUARTER IS THE BEST BOF

Attached: 51HEH2WQE3L._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x305, 20K)

4>3

Whats the best game to start with

>game
>ost
3 and 4

can't decide the rest

agreed but did you have to post worst boxart?

Attached: dragon quarter boxart.jpg (673x321, 123K)

3 is best.

FUCK DRAGONS
FUCK DRAGONIER
FUCK LADON
AND FUCK DEIS

3 > 2 > Dragon Quarter > 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>> 5
Rei and Momo
3 by far
Not sure about the rest

Attached: 1430406937879.jpg (491x389, 37K)

I meant 6, seriously fuck 6

If I started with 2 back in the day, is it worth it to go back and play the original next? I think I'd rather move on to 3 but I could be convinced otherwise

Sure, it's a good game in its own right and there weren't any massive additions going into 2.

The first, generally speaking. It's not exactly a world-beater, but it's a nice game.

A lot of people give the original shit because it's basic but honestly it still has more personality than a bare bones story rpg like Dragon Quest. Anyway regardless of the comparison I think it's pretty enjoyable. Just not ground breaking.

What did you dislike about 6?

BOF3
Gaar
Aura BOF4
Donden (major boss battles in BOF3)
Balio / Sunder and Gisshan

KAHN

Attached: KAHN.jpg (970x679, 72K)

I'll have to give it a shot, my resistance to it is because I'm a bit bored of SNES RPGs and haven't played many PSX games at all, but God knows it'd at least satisfy my autism to play the original

If you're bored with SNES rpgs you're probably wasting your time then. The game's story isn't all that important to the series other than two small aspects. One of which is that there's a dragon clan and the other which is a minor spoiler.

>I'm a bit bored of SNES RPGs
Hah, yeah there's a ton of them that are worth playing. I ended up going through some PS1 rpgs I missed while doing them.

youtube.com/watch?v=jf9wP-XEKo4
He was always so fucking fun to fight

>3
>Rei or Momo
>youtube.com/watch?v=MzGGnd9a1MA
>Probably the checkpoint or the coffee shop, very comfy
>The one that turns you into an egg
>Thanatos
>Scylla and Charybdis
Fucking good game.

>game
3 >> 5 >>>>>>>>>>>> 4
>character
Rei
>OST
youtu.be/KVXcu6KSiq0
That Chrono Trig--I mean, BoF3 nostalgia.

As a sidenote: fuck you anons and fuck this thread. Now I want to replay those games.

I did 2 playthroughs of BoF3 and both ended in failure.
The first one I couldn't kill the boss in the mines after the timeskip. I think he was weak to ice, and I missed the ice gene, so I had to use fire + opposite, so I ran out of MP too fast.
The second time I couldn't get through the desert.

I should try it again sometime.

>game
As good as they all are, I've got to go with 3 on this one, if only because it was the first I ever played
>character
Fou-Lu
>soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=WVVtYuOHcSY
>location
Rhapala for the atmosphere, Kombinat for the music
>ability
Tiger Fist
>dragon form
Tiamat
>boss battle
Dragon Lord. Goddamn that shit was an emotional rollercoaster.

Attached: BoF 4 Camp.gif (500x336, 110K)

Cedar Woods and many of the themes at the start are pure nostalgia.
Fuck, games and especially RPGs of that time had such memorable music. I use a lot of BoF3's soundtrack for my DnD sessions.

The biggest complaint I have, when it comes to BoF3, is... This track is too short!

youtu.be/pt9UJ-rD588

It's probably nostalgia, but fuck it, this and Mass Effect 1 ending songs are probably my fav.

The sprites in 3's ending were utterly gorgeous

Attached: 1500632418006.jpg (639x297, 26K)

What's so wrong with that, user?

>Rhapala for the atmosphere

>Killing roaches with your sword
>Petting cats
>Big men working at the docks
>Upbeat music
>Helping Beyd train at night
Good taste user.

Everybody knows the best one is Breath of Fire III, with BoFIV as a good second place.

>game
>character
Rand
>soundtrack
>location
Infinity
>ability
Shamanized Jean "Chop"
>dragon form
3's berserk Kaiser
>boss battle
last battle against Ray in 2. dem feels
Also BoF 2's Nina is best Nina

Attached: 1502299895264.jpg (453x464, 219K)

Breath of Fire II is the only worthwhile game in this generic uninspired series. Play re-translation.

Attached: 14791892f54d5935e47dd4b5d70900e5.jpg (646x913, 342K)

Dragon Quarter was shit.
t. someone who played through the game twice in order to see all possible cutscenes

FPBP
Dragon Quarter is seriously underrated and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, absolutely based taste fellow user

>ice
Try holy or fire.

Funny, it takes 3.
2 to get max rank and a 3rd to watch those scenes

Attached: 01.webm (512x448, 1.46M)

3 is my favorite but DQ is the second best in the series.

Teepo

Why did he have to leave so early?

Okay, this is epic. Where do I upvote ESL Russia-Kun?

No one cares subhuman. DQ is widely hated by literally everyone, your opinion is irrelevant.

Still clinging to life, you incoherent being, eh?

What were they thinking with this character?

Fur isn't clothing. She's running around airing out her pussy.

The lack of IV bros in this thread is pretty disgusting.

Attached: Fou-Lu.png (480x104, 12K)

Fuck do I miss BOF. Can modern day Capcom even make those weird wonderful worlds anymore.

Imagine thinking the dragon gene system was actually good or any better then the dragon systems of other BoF games.

Been playing through BoF4, and god damn I wish Fou-Lu was the main character. Fou-Lu is a well fleshed out character with a back story and goes through events that show a very human side to a god. Ryu on the other hand is as bland as I have ever seen a silent protag. He just doesn't really matter to the narrative other than being the other half to Fou-Lu, and it is really Nina and Cray that are pushing the story along. Ryu doesn't have a relationship with any of the characters. Even Nina confesses to be in love with Cray. I'm kind of loosing motivation on playing this besides seeing how they handle Fou-Lu now that he has sacked the capital of the Empire. I sure as hell don't care about the main party, and if anything I don't Ryu to beat Fou-Lu.

I dunno, but she's the only thing people remember from the series.

Attached: DgNDKnlX4AAu7hv.jpg (1000x1500, 203K)

I blocked it after the trauma inflicted upon me by Mami and Elina's death's

>but she's the only thing people remember from the series.
She's the only thing furfags remember about the series, sure.

Attached: 73311987_p0.png (963x1210, 666K)

Probably not, I imagine most of the talent on the series left by now.
Just finish it if you're that far, it's worth it.

Attached: true fix.png (1250x750, 1.07M)

Hi

Attached: Yuna.jpg (768x1024, 136K)

Dat victory slow walk for Fou Lu, mang. With the chinese style victory theme.

Never gave DQ my fair shake. So I don't have strong opinions of it one way or the other.

>BoF4
>3 Ryu
>BoF4
>Caer Xhan
>Snooze
>Kaiser
>Teepo

Fuck I want to replay 3 and 4 but I still got 1,2 and 5 to do. Plus other JPRGs and CRPGs
I prefer BOF3's ost but I love Bastard Sword and the western continent town themes
youtube.com/watch?v=6WdibZ37hdw

She's the most popular BoF character, dipshit. Meanwhile your generic games fade before literally every other SNES/PS1/PS2 JRPG.

Attached: DfQKB9LU0AIqocO.jpg (600x700, 49K)

Attached: 8107576_p0.jpg (1726x1600, 682K)

I legit felt my teeth clench on sight, nicely done, user.

Attached: 1550528961798.jpg (1547x1048, 448K)

I wanna fuck Kat

Attached: 45586574_p0.jpg (675x1200, 159K)

Of course. Wouldn't be a BoF thread if Katt fag didn't show up to ruin yet another thread and kill discussion.

Reminder to filter all posts related to him including this one. Autism only goes away if you ignore it.

Do not ingage Russia-Kun, he's a ESLfag and shitposter.

Katt fans don't even like Breath of Fire. They just like her because furfags will cling to anything that appeals to their niche fetish.

Then you should ignore this shitty series save for her game (re-translated). Fans of this series give her no justice just because they are zoomeroid wastes who started with PS1 games.

Attached: d747e33711cebe8982a21466e3f4c15e-d34to2a.jpg (658x900, 575K)

Is there a way to play BoF 4 with all of the cut content left in? I want to see the Nina/Ursula scene and the decapitation.

Attached: BoF 4 Aura Dragon rest.jpg (700x612, 187K)

>Probably not, I imagine most of the talent on the series left by now.
Sad.

>picked extermination end without hesitation after he gets away with everything
It's only fair.
Everything as soon as I crossed the sea started kicking my ass too. From the T-rexes to Fou-lou's dogs, did I go wrong with stat building?

youtube.com/watch?v=9TCPlw3GtPc

Attached: 371386_p0.jpg (500x600, 140K)

How does she go pee?

Funny coming off of an ESL who replies to himself.

Attached: 19a0c891012e023251f008bfbac85cf5c56dc49d.jpg (550x725, 232K)

but the ps1 games are the only worth playing

No, though it really doesn't matter. The decapitation is the only scene of actual relevance that was cut.

Attached: breath_of_fire_4_fan_art.jpg (560x594, 68K)

For a long time I thought he was a girl

Sorry, my mistake. I forget the mentally ill can't be reasoned with.

>Probably not, I imagine most of the talent on the series left by now.
Does the artist still work with capcom? Last I saw him on with credits was DMC4's concept art.

No. And because the quality of the game is acceptable to the point that people don't care, ontop of the fact that the amount of content cut is actually really small, nobody cares to do a uncensored version.

You'll just have to look them up on youtube. I do think the decapitation adds a bit showing how unhinged Lu-Bu has become but it's mostly unnecessary given that they still imply it.

So do entitled BoF "fan" cunts who shit on Katt just because she's stealing attention from their generic games.

Attached: e51c68eb700a783c074942f9442b2e40-d8sc1qr.jpg (957x1000, 498K)

Will Capcom revisit Breath of Fire during it's redemption arc with a new proper iteration?

Through her navel.

No. IV's master system works in such a way that everything stat gain/loss can be corrected by apprenticing to the opposite master. Some power-levelling with the robots in those ruins whose name I can never remember would do the trick. You're never really supposed to become as strong as Fou-Lu anyway, I think I never went past 2,500hp and I managed. Of course if you want to do the optional superbosses then it's kind of mandatory to do some grinding.

But they are one of the worst JRPGs on the system.

Attached: legs 01.jpg (1079x1500, 625K)

Yoshikawa? He still works at Capcom 4gamer.net/games/999/G999903/20180611003/

Most everybody except for the writers still work at Capcom or in a capacity that enables them to get hired. The only person we don't know the fate of concretely is the director. Who is the most important person.

Probably not unless someone who works there and was a fan/member of the original teams pushes for it.

Who knows, honestly I'm kinda surprised they went with Dragons Dogma for the netflix show.

rent free

Attached: tumblr_otyqovJ8A11u77uono1_1280.png (576x680, 17K)

You need to beware of what you ask for, user. They already revisited it, and BoF6 was a mobage. It's better to let it die

This

Attached: DLGPXGPXkAAWJsp.jpg (1067x1200, 251K)

>Zelda Breath of the Wild
>The King of All Cosmos
>Grim Fandango OST
>Cache
>Maybe Jigglypuff's rest
>Dragon Dildo
>Maybe The End

Why is she so ugly, bros?

I believe so, at the least he still does work. He's done some art for SFV, Gravity Rush 2, and weirdly enough Assassin's Creed.

I have to imagine that, if it it ever did happen, he would come back for another game. BoFIII and BoFIV is how he really broke out as an artist, his style has become iconic to the series like Yoshitaka Amano with Final Fantasy or Kazuma Kaneko for Megaten.

Attached: DMaYHcGXkAAlZl7.jpg_orig.jpg (1000x1410, 460K)

Modeled after your family line.

Attached: 1495525393834.png (1000x1132, 727K)

>mfw there still isn't a Breath of Fire Collection on multiplat
IT WOULD PRINT MONEY YOU FOOLS

Attached: 1501303853145.png (921x1315, 1.07M)

Why is she so perfect, bros?

Did Balio and Sunder rape Momo if you left her in the cage?

No idea. I always left Peco behind because I wanted him at level 1 for apprenticing with Deis to learn the top-tier spells.

That Katt hater is a mentally ill ugly eurotard, everyone please ignore him.

She is perfectly ugly

That Katt lover is a mentally ill ugly russiatard, everyone please ignore him.

>series about turning into a dragon and enjoying the power fantasy
>game punishes you actively for using dragon powers
Fuck you and this piece of shit game. Hey I know let's make a racing game but you can only use a left turn 1000 times during your entire racing career. Fuck you, die in a fucking fire.

can someone explain why bof3 had sprites designed after this art, but adult people are designed after artwork from promotional material. did they decide to change artist midway and stayed with done sprites? or was the game never supposed to be about adult ryu?

>Dragon Quarter
>Bleu
>youtube.com/watch?v=UhwIRZZhxKQ
>Underground Crypt
>Slam! if those even count.
>Rudra
>Deathevan

>series about turning into a dragon and enjoying the power fantasy
The dragon system in every other game was so limited that no one used it outside of boss battles. At least in BoFV the dragon form made you a literal god of death, just at an extreme cost.

She's ugly at being ugly.

Attached: 65660031_p2.png (3841x5480, 2.41M)

>This image
Man I have no clue what the fuck they were doing here. Why would they even call it Breath of Fire 6

naturally

Attached: l_56c59ce9da1dd.jpg (640x492, 126K)

I remember her saying "they told me they were going to do XX and XXX to me"

Attached: 65660031_p4.png (3841x4176, 2.73M)

>that no one used it outside of boss battles.
Course not. While strong it took too much of your resources. It was only usable in the final boss fight. In 4 it was as mandatory as it was unavoidable unless you wanted to get your ass kicked. And even then you had to shit items into Ryu so he could actually stay in it or you'd get your ass kicked anyways

This was capcom at their most retarded, they didn't know either.

Ever heard of the phrase 'with great power comes great responsibility'? The way dragon form is implemented in DQV is a lot more interesting, as you're making a long-term trade-off everytime you decide to use it.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

>BoF IV
>Yuna
>The OST from 4 in general, specially the main theme and the asian-like themes.
>Can't choose.
>That item from BOF III that stops time. If that doesn't count, the fire + wind combo from BoF IV with Korean name.
>Can't choose.
>Maybe Teepo, it think it's harder than Myria and I hate him.

Katt is bigger than BoF, deal with it.

Attached: Dp9xmICVYAE0ttc.jpg (825x1275, 209K)

That's pretty fucked.
You can also catch one of them taking a piss down the mountain if you're fast.

I hated those two pricks so much.

That's not a fun concept. The whole point is to unlock the powers and try the combinations. Getting locked into a set amount of anything is shit in an rpg, just look at the backlash stickers and color paints did to mario rpgs. It's the same if the game told you "here is a great healing item, you only get 50 of them in the entire duration of your game but boy are they good". That's a limiting factor that's only tacked on because they couldn't think of any other mechanic for the transformations. Limiting the player with a mechanic that removes an option for something they can do versus making it difficult to upkeep are completely different. I'd rather take the time to make the dragon mode sustainable. Not have an easy slap to win that you can only use a limited number of times man.

Does Dragon Quarter emulate well? I know it gets a lot of flak, but I've never played it and would like to at least see for myself.

>furfags
Cope.

>Course not. While strong it took too much of your resources. It was only usable in the final boss fight.
This is false. During my first playthrough I used it on most boss fights, i.e. all the regents and the later fights with Bosch, and I finished the game with d-counter to spare.

The whole 'DQ5 is ridiculously hard' is a massive false narrative. In reality, the game has a fine difficulty curve. It's simply not mindlessly easy, unlike 99.99% of jrpgs.

When's that? It sounds familiar but I'm not sure

BoF 2
Sten
BoF 2
Farmtown
Rei's cheated stealing in bof 3
G. Dragon
Barubary

>It was only usable in the final boss fight
No, it fostered careful and planned usage throughout a game that is designed to be replayed a few times. Dragon Form is used a ton, just not the big laser thing until the very end.

I'm reading an interview on famitsu and I still don't get it. Especially when the artist is literally in your Company. What the fuck was it that they were doing?

I said Final but I meant to say in *boss fights
Also you're both misreading my post and making a grand statement about JRPGs and are likely to invoke an ass whooping by saga fag if he's even awake and browsing v so keep that down, user.

glad to see someone with good taste

DQ's dragon system is the only good one as it actually makes turning into a dragon a vital aspect of combat. In the other games it required too many resources to ever be practical, literally any one that played the games would do the logical thing and save it for when entering a boss battle. In DQ they might do the same but at the same time using it in a life or death situation actually comes up from time to time. The other other games were too easy sadly, they almost never had the player have to worry about game over scenarios, DQ actually has tense moments.

Attached: 04.png (722x352, 349K)

very early on, after they burn the house down and ryu climbs mt. myrneg, they stab him in the back and he gets transported to wyndia

You're doing it too. I'm specifically replying to his post about the other BoFs you goon. I don't have stronger feelings for DQ one way or the other.

I guess they thought the BoFVI style was more marketable, looking at it now it looks similar to Fate and even Granblue to a lesser degree so I guess they may have wanted an aesthetic to match those.

Actually you need a GameShark to enter the room from the east side.
Then you'll trigger this.

Fuck these guys once again.

Attached: 60-Sunder.png (390x302, 99K)

Attached: DM_n3YZVwAUFaKw.jpg (600x503, 62K)

I always thought that BoF4 was very generous with MP usage since you just swap them to back row while they auto regain health. I never used dragon form in combat because the animations for transforming and spells is so long that you could just kill regular enemies faster by attacking/comboing magic.

Dragon system aside, is DQ worth playing?

Attached: 1513479500893.gif (244x244, 45K)

Attached: 65603912_p0.jpg (969x1751, 314K)

I mean in regular, non-boss combat.

they could have just made a new AAA BoF instead of dragon's dogma

Attached: 1531799811759.png (300x250, 18K)

The adult sprites don't really look anything like their art either, Nina has some sort of apron/belt thing on her sprite for example. They only match up with their art in the ending sequence.

I just figured they changed artists at some point, but didn't have time to change the sprites. I prefer the sprite designs myself.

Attached: Ninas.png (246x166, 62K)

No, it's the worst game in the series.

>you need a GameShark
Really? I remember seeing this without cheats, I think if you went to the left you just heard him whistling or some such and couldn't go nearer.

I'd say so. It's certainly a shift in tone from the rest of the series, but it's not a bad game.

Yeah they were relatively generous in 4 but he's not entirely wrong that the entire game was, by design, a traditional RPG with a twist.

The main reason I didn't like DQ was because it wasn't a grand scale map and dungeon based RPG. It was a dungeon crawler. I've sense warmed to those so maybe I'll warm to DQ one day.

You're shit at making any kind of point. If everyone misunderstands, you're the problem.

Attached: bof2_remix_by_abysswolf-d7gtmup.png (1035x200, 103K)

Attached: 5564697.gif (256x256, 6K)

Am I?
I quoted a post directly talking about the other BoFs. I made a post that could only be applicable to the other BoFs. I even talked about 4 specifically

>In 4 it was as mandatory as it was unavoidable unless you wanted to get your ass kicked.
I don't know how anybody could see the number 4 and think "he's talking about Dragon Quarter.

But no you're right. I'm the problem. So sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess.

It's pretty cool, and if you like challenges it's arguably the hardest game in the series. Combat system is very far removed from traditional series, playing a lot more like a no grid SRPG similar to Makai Kingdom.

DQ wasn't patently hard, just that the mechanics for the game aren't as well explained and your first two characters are very weak comparatively in the beginning. Everything from that point on is only of moderate difficulty since you'll know to throw meat or kill stray enemies, learn mechanics and combos, etc. That's a matter of mechanics and tactics being different, but it doesn't just change the fact that limiting the powers for a set amount over the duration of a game versus making it difficult to use due to resources is different in conception and execution in the game. One can be circumvented with planning, grinding and saving of items and the other you can't do anything about other than just NOT use it. Patently unfun my dude.

Attached: showcase 3.png (1408x622, 590K)

Final Fantasy is slipping, if Capcom plays their cards right, maybe they can usurp the RPG spot again

Attached: NinaColor.png (1000x1232, 555K)

I mean that scene is also how Yuna gets his hands on the Dragon Slayer again to offer to the heroes for Nina's sister's death too, wasn't it?

>The adult sprites don't really look anything like their art either, Nina has some sort of apron/belt thing on her sprite for example.
Nina is the exception, all the adult chars are deisgned after the promotional artwork.

Capcom is likely going to make a new IP. I mean anybody could slip into the grandscale RPG market right now and as long as they delivered a stellar map and dungeon RPG with mechanics that don't put you to sleep it'd be GOAT to some people.

well there's a doujin of it at least

More like Final Fantasy has slipped. But I just don't see the series making a come back after it was turned into gatcha garbage.

I wish the entirety of 4 was about Fou Lu.

Dragon Quest XI was very successful and it's basically a traditional JRPG with modern polish and a few other modern aspects. But then again, it's a big phenomenom in Japan, I wonder if BoF would sell even half as well.

Attached: Ck8Zs9pUgAECrif.jpg (556x608, 66K)

Hell if I know. I only looked it up ages ago. If it is then that's information missing but frankly the how doesn't exactly mattered outside of creating a concise story.

That'd be neat but they'd be hard pressed extending that the entire length of the game without also throwing in a first half that's just him building his kingdom or some shit.

>accidently took all the shit in fou-lou's sections without realising Ryu needed that shit
Fuck, trying to keep Tyrant alive with no ambrosia was a pain

That's exactly what happened.

The guy that did the art for the first two games was suppose to do the art for BoFIII but he was dropped mid development. They had already completed the character sprites by then and were too lazy to redo them to fit the new aesthetic and design.

If you look at the concept art in the child sprites match them perfectly, the final art of them is so different though that you almost wonder if it's different characters.

Attached: ClGAfs8VYAAxV8y.jpg (704x660, 86K)

*kaiser
Fuck

That sprite work was so unbelievably comfy. Everything looked great and atmospheric. I want RPGs to go back to that time

Imagine
>Lost Odyssey scale
>Breath of Fire game

Attached: 6983337.png (2276x2308, 2.39M)

>I quoted a post directly talking about the other BoFs.
That was in comparison to DQ to begin with.
You bringing up 4 is after saying shit that can only be associated with DQ (It was only usable in the final boss fight.) based on the conversation as it happened.

They didn't change the topic, you did.
It's okay to be an ESL 'tard but don't try and pass the blame for being a 'tard.

>replay SNES BoFs a year ago
>impressed at how well 1 holds up
>get to 2
>that horrible dungeon music
>every other track is this shitty 15-20 sec loop
>random encounters every couple of steps
>hit the wrong teleport in the monkey funhouse and nuke the save just to escape the pain

youtube.com/watch?v=c3evnikrROA

This must be what Hell sounds like

How was Lost Odyssey? I didn't have an Xbox.

Attached: 1.png (510x498, 310K)

I still think Teddy from Persona was inspired by Ershin in some way. And I'm saddened Ershin let alone any Breath of Fire character will never make it into a Marvel versus game.

Attached: BoFIV_ErshinArtwork.png (894x943, 858K)

I'm fully expecting a "Breath of Fire Collection" or whatever, to gauge interest in the series first. Similar to what they did with Darkstalkers and Mega Man.

Attached: 63873631.gif (506x506, 211K)

I knew you were talkin about kaiser. That fight is just crazy in general. It's just weird how they decide at the ass end of the game to crank that difficulty right up to 11. Young me took ages in that fight and got his ass kicked a ton.

Arguably one of the prettiest 2d games on that console that we got over here. Right next to SaGa Frontier 2.

Or you lack basic reading comprehension and are doubling down. I won't be seeing your next reply you idiot.

It was an okay FF knockoff with a few neat ideas but nothing necessarily mindblowing. Some of the best writing were in text-only memories of the traumas and losses the immortal cast members went through, really.

>Pre-time Skip Nina's attack animation

Attached: 1554777441089.png (960x621, 342K)

Attached: 1495559114525.png (1300x935, 366K)

I feel like Nina had a real chance for getting into Infinite, shame about the way that all turned out.

There might be a Capcom versus one day. Don't give up hope just yet. I mean unless they make a character from Dragon's Dogma 2 that can be used as the "face of the series" they've got a JRPG spot that can only be filled by their own JRPG. I think anyways.

Attached: 1360705171558.jpg (1099x1111, 253K)

>Or you lack basic reading comprehension and are doubling down
You're the one stuffing your fingers in your ears instead of acknowledging a fault and moving on. No skin off my nose.

Attached: 67997689_p0.jpg (765x765, 196K)

I'm wondering if that's going to be the last time a Jap studio works with Disney when you have both that and Kingdom hearts turning out how they did in the Disney side of their projects.

Give me a Tatsunoko 2 I guess.

Nina and Fou Lu were both close to being in UMvC3. They decided against Nina as so many people on the team wanted their own favorite waifu in that they just flat out decided all the newcomers will be male to avoid conflict. As for Fou-Lu he made it far in the planning phases according to them but they thought the Japanese audience wouldn't recognize him. Yes, you read that right.

Two most popular characters in the series.

Attached: ABitOfCrumpet-599453-BEAST_TAMER_Breath_of_Fire_II_Doujin_Cover.png (810x1230, 1.41M)

One thing I really liked about BoF3 was how childhood really was the end of the game's easy portion. As soon as you fought the Dragon Zombie in the Dauna Mine you know things were going to get tough. And if there was any chance of it being a one-off, Mikba totally erased that with his insane reprisal rate and area of effect attacks.

Attached: 1464030833791.jpg (530x570, 78K)

>but they thought the Japanese audience wouldn't recognize him.
Man last gen Capcom really was stupid as fuck. Goodness gracious.

Attached: DmIeJwfVsAA2rXS.jpg (946x1124, 126K)

The key issue there is the expectation that Capcom will play it's cards right. Capcom is not a company who generally plays it cards right.

>but they thought the Japanese audience wouldn't recognize him.
I know you said that I read this right, but what the fuck?

>Waking up Deis and she's completely naked
>Later you are given the option to tell her whether you prefer her naked or clothed

You're a little babbyboy? You take babby boy damage. You grow into a big boy. Youse takes a big boy damage.

Attached: Dea7B1fX4AAMFph.png (585x691, 470K)

To be fair the fighting division of Capcom has been pretty horrid for awhile. Ono was not a good leader.

Attached: DrYFm_nU4AABna9.jpg (1024x683, 112K)

Attached: DrYCndeUcAECNbN.jpg (1280x1920, 184K)

peco
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=OXUVJ2jOMSY
the mine after angeltower and you get shonen ryu
aura
kaiser
teepo

Attached: 1554837969678.gif (200x250, 851K)

Attached: DrYCndeVsAANuN-.jpg (1024x683, 82K)

Ono had the passion at least but the decisions they went forward with were just so silly. I think the start of the fall was deciding to take 5 in house when 4 turned out the way it did because of outside help for better or worse

Still I hope his loss of position doesn't come with a loss of pay so he doesn't become embittered by the entire thing.

3d pigfuck disgusting

I really hope they don't go crawling back to Marvel/Disney because of the demands of their idiot fanbase. A Capcom x Capcom tag fighter could be great with the right roster.

>Japanese audience wouldn't recognize him
As terrible as it sounds, I could totally believe that.

Along with all the status effects like poison and confusion, sometimes together

Attached: 1486315817175.jpg (500x255, 43K)

Attached: DrKgxMVU0AAzB1j.jpg (2048x1364, 226K)

Ono has good intentions but makes bad decisions. He does seem to genuinely care about the fanbase and interact with them, which is really cool, but the way he addresses the problems people have makes him seem rather out of touch. Of course his say probably isn't final, it very well could be capcom being capcom and him just trying to save face as best as possible so who knows.

Ono is gone now so things can expect to change. For the better or worse is not known yet.

Because they'd be doing both sides of the roster a Capcom vs has literal limitless potential.

>knocks Ryu the fuck out
>while a eye of the tiger rip-off plays in the background
youtu.be/DmjDWx1VfMo
BOF3 was so good.

>some subhuman maggot reported official Katt art
>janitor deleted it
AHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: gba katt.png (338x471, 365K)

Attached: gba cover 1.jpg (1380x1746, 669K)

I'm going to start 4 tonight. Is there anything I need to know as far as different translation patches or patches in general?

Yeah, I'm not flaking him for the passion. I just don't think he was a good leader for the division. The guy clearly loved fighting games, he just had no real business developing them. He seems better suited for PR, though like you said who knows if hes even with the company anymore. Whatever the future is for the versus series is, I hope Breath of Fire finally gets to take a part in it. I assume Ryu is a never ever, but Nina and Bleu are probably fair game and would be super interesting fighters.

Nina looks so much better than the furry shit.

No. Pretty much 4 only has the one version to choose between unless you can speak jap. 4's already pretty... comfortable in it's difficulty allllll the way until it's final boss so don't sweat min-maxing at all.

No, the only other version of BoFIV is the pc version but the only difference is it uses a different font for the text, literally nothing else.

Stay away from spoilers, IV's plot has some really good moments that would be a shame if you were spoiled on.

Attached: 61246753_p0.jpg (2208x3183, 765K)

Cope.

Attached: gba portraits 1.jpg (640x570, 140K)

As far as I know, it doesn't have a different translation or anything. You could check romhacking.net or whatever. One thing to keep in mind is like BoF3, defending is how you learn blue magic and the only way you can get spells besides very rarely through leveling up.

So which is it - Bleu or Deis? And why?

Attached: Bugs BUUUUUUUGS.jpg (642x513, 112K)

His last public appearance was for the Kage reveal at the end of Capcom Cup, right? I'm not really following SFV anymore, so I don't know if he's made anymore since then.

Nina the 2nd is very attractive in general.

>best boss theme is only used twice
youtube.com/watch?v=5jxPCMTxMQo
What the fuck.

There is a furfag here that is spamming katt pictures in hopes for replies like yours. He admits to not liking the series and is only here to spam pictures of kat. Report him for spamming and ignore him.

I just started playing 1, it's kind of a slog so far, and the story is really shit, should I be playing with a fan translation or something? It's basically illegible besides "get your sister, you have dragon power" up to where I am, which is just having awoken some giant stone golem thing, and fought a soldier-y boss inside it?

Deis, Bleu was a name invented for the English translations that they decided to drop for the later games.

>Game looks fun as hell
>Get bored everytime I actually try playing it

Attached: 1547253469810.png (216x178, 85K)

Thanks

BoFI was a pretty generic attempt at Capcom trying to cash in on the popularity of jrpgs in the mid 90's, with later games they started to actually do their own thing.

It was always Deis in Japan, Capcom just stopped using Bleu once 3 rolled around.

Garr has the two best boss themes in the game, and both of his only play once.
youtu.be/GSQ7M7ABvXU
youtu.be/7o28TQclwPk

It's just too spoopy

BoF I is mostly a minimalist RPG.
I wouldn't recomend it by itself, but breath of fire II and III are better appreciated if you played I before.

The ghost battles also have a exclusive victory theme that's better than the normal one.

Least 1 sounds like it's fine to go through, got both 1 and 2 on backlog
Games feel like a slow burn imo, once it picks up it just picks up and feels fun to be invested in.

I've heard people criticizing the Sushi quest, but I love it. It's silly in a way that fits the mood of the game, the exploring part is varied and not tedious and the minigame itself is pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=A1IWf-J1Sho

I guess I'll push through, how long is it? Not to bring up another series in this thread but I had an experience with wild arms where it felt like it was gonna end then it had some "EVEN BIGGER EVIL ONLY HALF WAY" bullshit that sucked my soul out and removed all my will to play.

I would replay BoF1 would often but goddamn that encounter rate is just too high on the GBA version

Attached: 1462137105340.jpg (500x384, 26K)

I think having it on an actual handheld would help in my case. Maybe when Switch gets decent CFW

>furfag
Cope again. I have played every game in the series (wish I didn't) and they are standard JRPGs with barely anything other than character designs going for them.
Chrono Trigger, FF6 > BoF1&2
Chrono Cross > BoF3&4
Dark Cloud 2 > BoF5
>Report
Have fun being banned for instigating shit.

>the sushi quest
Thanks for bringing that up, I'd managed to forget about it

Attached: 1488471664647.jpg (575x468, 208K)

Marbles are worth every penny.

>That's not a fun concept.
Speak for yourself fag.

The GBA version doesn't have mrbl3s?

I've never beat a BOF game but I love jrpgs. Which game is the quintessential BOF experience ? Some of my fav jrpgs are star ocean second story, ff 6 7 9 10, grandia I and II.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Eh, it's kind long.
You are at the begining.
There is a moment when you think it's going to be the end, but actually isn't, but by then the end is really close.

What was this in?
>some chinchong sounding fag in 4 wants me to get shisu
>it's just fishing with BoF4's mechanics
>end up going for the other option that isn't locking me out of a dragon transformation
Fuck I just don't like fishing in that game

Was the encounter rate really increased for the gba version? Normally they decrease that on re-releases.

>Chrono Cross > BoF3&4

Attached: 1553430953891.jpg (125x91, 3K)

That's every fucking wild ARMS though

I left BOF 3 in that quest the last time I played because I couldn't find the motivation to continue.

3 or 4

It's not actually all that long as they intended for you to get your shit stomped in and use the continue option to start over with your built-up stats. I found a loop in my first playthrough that let me keep killing a certain boss over and over and using the checkpoint restart to build up levels so I never actually had to do a complete restart.

Well. I mean kind of 2 but mostly 3 and 5.
3 pulled "HERE'S THE BAD BEHIND THE BAD" like what? 6 times? What a fucking game.

It's my favorite and most people will agree with it being more unique than fucking BoF, problem with that, faggot?

Wild Arms 3 was the worst, the final story arc with the evil little girl (Beatrice I think was her name?) felt like it would never end.

Still the best one though

Generally 3 or 4. 3 has the better feeling of adventure in my opinion but 4 still is my favorite game for some reason I can't thumb.

Fuck by the time you can naturally just learn Kyrie, you've passed all of the undead bosses.
Dragon Zombie was some tough shit

III and IV are generally people's favorites. The fifth one is a pretty intersting game, it's like a weird mix of survival horror resource management, roguelike mechanics, and jrpg combat. mechanics They're not deeply connected games so jumping into whatever one is fine,

Attached: 6c10d0e9fc12fef612d203972631e98d.jpg (635x800, 190K)

>BoF III
>Garr
>youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1BvqNDsb8
>That farm/greenhouse place, shit gets dark real fast
>Fucking dragon forms
>Everything but SSJ power-up forms
>You posted it

We need more RPGs where you play as a real dragon, anime or not. I'm sick of bland lizard people.

You're not wrong. it's also the most replayable one. Halfway in when you get enough options to just become a god among men is the best shit. I love that feeling every single time I play it.

All dragon battles in BoF III were tougher than other bosses, keeping the theme of how powerful dragons are in the lore.
Gisshan was a dragon too, right? He went completely crazy and didn't transform, but he said things only a dragon should say.

4 has a very unique setting that is based heavily in eastern mythos, as opposed to the standard western fantasy that is more common. Fou-Lu is also the best written character in the series.

I don't think they turned it down. It was really bad in some places, fights every 5/6 steps.

Well your taste is an irredeemable garbage and Masato Kato is one of the worst jrpg writers.

Attached: 1539432862299.png (221x218, 19K)

4 has a much better world overall, they put a ton of work into that world building and it paid off in spades

Square translated BoF1 and renamed a lot of names and locations for arbitrary reasons. Capcom kept some of them in II but reverted it all in III.

Worst part of BoF3? For me it's the Lighthouse.

No idea. I'll have to check that out.

I can only say that you are tasteless low IQ faggot if you hate Cross. I mean it is how it is.

Now when you say lighthouse do you also mean Beyd.

Lighthouse or the Factory.
Rhapala is a fucking filler in general.

The desert before you figured out some of the hints in-game were completely wrong.

Shisu/Beyd Training

Attached: 1493374281584.jpg (1536x845, 81K)

>Kato fan talking about IQ
No wonder you want to fuck a cat

Attached: 1544317032079.jpg (640x640, 64K)

>Had to find a guide for this shit
>Just nudge to the right and walk forever lmao

Attached: DesertofDeath.png (640x480, 69K)

>lighthouse dungeon
>Relay Point A
>Desert of Death

I like most of those games and my favorite is Bof 2, so my vote goes to 2. Most people here will recommend you 3 or 4, and personally 3 sounds more up your alley. So I recommend 2 to 3 then if you like em, try 4, 5 and 1.

Attached: 1537628055756s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

>doing all the Millenium Puzzles in 4 runs to give an item to each so they can have all skills or whatever
It's been years but that was the gist of it, I got so sick of the text select shit because I always got stuck in one place where I clicked one I wasn't supposed to or didn't click one I was supposed to just before the Yggdrasil shit. Every single fucking run, same shit followed by a traipse around the world to talk to the right person the right way.

Nah, everything in Rhapala including Beyd is good. Just fuck the lighthouse for some reason, though the way you are presented with the beholder boss is pretty fun.

You read that Jack O'Lantern doujin, didn't you?

>going back for the royal equipment

Attached: 1553985106078.png (269x386, 146K)

>mfw I found out you could shortcut the Desert of Death

Attached: 1516470291763.jpg (526x526, 26K)

>saving thumbnails
Stop that.

Beyd
Black Ship
Desert

What were the hints? It's been long but I remember most of my trouble came from not knowing much English when I did it.

Black Ship interior was kino

Can you? That would have been useful to know.

>having the royal equipment as soon as you get to the lost shore because you caught enough fish from the dauna region

Attached: 1460241205838.jpg (259x194, 8K)

I never played this game because the MC was such a skinny ugly fag. I was disgusted by him so I never got to know the game.

The story isn't even convoluted, dipshit, you are just mentally handicapped. Also, great combat system employing logical element system with limited revives and ability to escape boss battles to adjust tactics.

Off yourself, my friend.

Yep. Just turn one step to the right and keep going straight.

I just eventually caved in and fished fucking whales on the lost shore
I think all my dicking around in general made me max out the game timer (99:99)

>The story isn't even convoluted
Yeah it's just a fucking garbage
As well as like 98% of the cast.

>that little skirt flip whenever she casts a spell

Me too. When I finally figured out what the fuck I was doing and how to be efficient I could bring the whole thing in in around 35-40 hours

Well nows a time to rectify that. If not now when it's fresh of the mind, then when?

You could get the directions for the Desert of Death from two different sources in-game. One of them had a translation mistake.

I can't believe beyd got it so good by the time skip
>respect by everyone
>child
>tanned tomboyish(?) wife
>could potentially kill the final boss

Even the big guy was his friend at the end.

I thought all rom sites died so it's no longer playable anyway. I don't have a PS2. =/

No. Only emuparadise died. You ever drop a pebble in the water? That happened. So now every romsite and their mother including a few south american ones popped out of the woodwork so it's even EASIER to find roms and ISOs.

>he doesn't know
No one tell him

>What was this in?
The ghost battles in McNeil's Manor and a battle against Ballio's goons.

HAHA NIGGER TOO LATE NOW I KNOW CUZ OF THIS GUY HAHA I GAINED KNOWLEDGE FAGGOT

Y-y-you're still gay

Attached: 1518625073850.png (208x208, 5K)

>Only emuparadise died.
And only to those that don't use a tampermonkey script to literally download from their site anyway. Or if you have access to the right URLs, directly access their download repositories anywho.

Alright I'm diving back into Dragon Quarter. I'll finish it this time I swear

Best of luck, user!

Attached: Gib_Kitty_Kisses.gif (445x250, 4M)

>all these Nina bros
fucking based

kek

Hate to take a detour but my idea of a Capcom all-star roster would be:

>Ryu
>Ken
>Chun-Li
>M. Bison
>Akuma
>Batsu
>Akira
>Kurow
>Hayato
>June
>Bilstein
>Demitri
>Jon Talbain
>Morrigan
>Jedah
>Strider Hiryu
>Strider Hien
>Cody
>Guy
>Lucia
>Mega Man
>Mega Man X
>Zero(MMZ ver.)
>Proto Man.EXE
>Tron Bonne
>Sigma
>Omega(Zero's classic Body)
>Edward Falcon
>Rouge
>Valgas
>Ryu(BoF)
>Nina
>Fou-Lu
>Dante
>Nero
>Vergil
>Captain Commando
>Cyber Blue
>Tessa
>Scion
>Samanosuke Akechi
>SonSon
>Biff Slamkovich
>The Scorpion
>Gene
>Viewtiful Joe
>Monster Hunter
>Leon Kennedy
>Asura
>Nilin
>Vanessa Z. Schinder
>Frank West
>Phoenix Wright
>Franziska von Karma

Attached: capcom_cover.jpg (1280x1590, 484K)

I only played 2 when I was a kid and one of the few things I remember was getting into some sort of cave that had a bunch of monks I believe. You have to press some buttons at the rhythm of a short song. I remember that it took me way too many tries, as in getting stuck there for a day or two. I think they teach you a spell if you get it right. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Would probably need Felicia. Talbain is extremely unique but he is not extremely popular. That said nice list.

But we both know they'd probably shove Ingrid in there.

between all you nina and katt people, i'll have to take a third option of momo

You included Akira and Tessa, so you're ok in my book.

Fuck, I forgot Linn Kurosawa!

Good man

Attached: 1453504810318.png (400x500, 197K)

Add Katt, you subhuman mongreloid.

Bumping this because I'm also interested

Uncropped pic where?

Oh I didn't see that. It emulated well enough that I could run it with no problems on a laptop in 2012. So I imagine it runs stable today.

>tfw get Scias for the first time

>hate him at first but the more i use him and the more he ends up being OP the more i love that deadbeat drunk dog

youtu.be/JiLNYLJj6x4

literally artist name is in there

Attached: katt valentine.png (1000x1000, 726K)

>was just going to post an image and use a nondescriptive "kino" statement
>got goosebumps even looking at it again
Jesus fuck. I didn't know it was possible to hit with such a hard wave of Nostalgia. Scias was the best bro.

Attached: HuQb3ii.png (637x473, 563K)

Attached: bddedabc744f823ab8d5201448fd8dd43b6ff4b9.jpg (1040x1500, 1.21M)

>he was shitface drunk all game long
>the localization censored it to a stutter
i don't get why Capcom censored this game overseas like they did

The logic was probably because it was quite literally marketed at children. naturally I don't support any censorship at all. But you can't say they didn't know their target audience.

That, plus a stutter is probably a lot easier to transcribe than drunken mumbling.

>I don't want Ryu to beat Fou-Lu
He doesn't have to if you don't want him to

Not even old dragonmen want her

"Schala and Lavos became unified into one even more powerful entity that would evolve into the Devourer of Time. Filled with the hatred and sadness of Lavos, half of Schala's mind became set on destroying all of existence. Yet at the same time, the other half of her mind desired to save the universe and to be rescued herself. As Schala fell through the time gate in this condition, she heard your crying echoing through time... That is when her story and yours began to intertwine..."

"Led by the pitiful crying the young Serge made as the panther demon's poison took hold of him... Princess Schala traveled ten thousand years in time to try and make contact with this dimension! This caused a raging magnetic storm that resulted in FATE's system malfunction, which led Serge to the Frozen Flame. Yes, Serge... The sound of your crying touched the heart of Princess Schala..."

"Schala left her baby daughter-clone with her ancient pendant, possessing magical powers. This was to safeguard her daughter-cone in life-and-death situations. The pendant would rewind time a little, sending her daughter-clone into a safer point in the immediate past."

"That's right... Kid is Schala's daughter-clone!"

daughter-wife > daughter-clone

If you just beat the big Gremlin thing then you're about a third of the way through.

So was Momo raped?

Chrono Cross was a shitshow that confused the idea that complex = deep plot.
Beautiful looking game, though.

Fucking Hojo wasn't this much of a cunt

This. Also god-tier OST besides the battle theme.

Kaiser was here.
All other forms are faggots.

>game
BoF3 was my very first jrpg and plotwise and characterwise it is easily my favorite, but needless to say IV is a very close second.
>character
Fou Lu if villains are acceptable
>soundtrack
IV with flying colors
>location
Rei's house
>ability
Not sure if it counts as an ability but the fusion system in the first game is awesome
>dragon form
Kaizer
>boss battle
That one Rei battle. Though getting to kill the horses was pretty satisfying too. Also Teppo at the end.

3>2>4>1>everything else

Yes and her father's lab was full of porn magazines

>game
BOF 3
>character
Katt
>soundtrack
BOF 3/4 , dont make me pick man...
>location
Windia nigga, always going to be the best city.
>ability
Disembowel
>dragon form
Pygmy or Kaiser
>boss battle
You Posted it. Or Khan.

how big where they?

I replayed BoF1 couple years ago and the game is literally 20 hours long.
I also spammed the fuck out of some item that disables random encounters so theres that.