Why did it fail? Does the N64 truly have more nostalgic value than then PS1?

Why did it fail? Does the N64 truly have more nostalgic value than then PS1?

Attached: E689DDC9-5C2D-4869-ACFC-8A8D4DA928A6.jpg (1202x1172, 114K)

Do you really have to ask why? Did you check the game list?

I sure as fuck think so... But my friends and I mainly had 64's so I'm biased.

It had shitty games based on what franchises are currently popular on PS4, like Persona 1

bad choice in games.
Shitty hardware
shitty software (they literally just used an open source emulator anyone could download on their own computer)
No analog stick games aloud

the n64 mini will flop too faggot, the mini console fad is over

For me it was a simple equation of No Dualshock = No Ape Escape = No buy
There wasn't even a competing N64 mini on the market; people just didn't buy because they didn't like the game selection and realized they could emulate much more for free.

bad game choice
no analogue sticks

The only reason the N64 mini would ever flop is the exclusion of rare games.

There are plenty of nintendo games to go around

Not everyone is used to getting PS1 games shoved down their throat every generation.

The fucking Saturn was better than the PS1 and that system sucked

I fucking wish theyd put them on the PS4

Or no means of hacking and adding more games. The mini consoles are nice if you want to emulate numerous games. If you don't bother to add more you wasted your money

Why dont put 50 games on the damm thing ? It would have sold like crazy...

didn't they put PAL games on it which runs slower?

It was just poorly made with a questionable lineup, disappointing emulation quality with framedrops ahoy, PAL versions of titles that also had framedrops to make the experience even more miserable and cheapo controllers with no analog sticks.

this, /thread, and I have fucking hated almost everything PlayStation since the late '90s

Yes.

When you ask people about great PSX games they tend to name tons of PS2 games. The original did have some greats, but not that many.

sony fans won't pay for overpriced garbage just because it's "nostalgic," unlike certain other fanbases.

Attached: cashgrabs.jpg (800x325, 83K)

No games

Did Saturn have Crash, Dino Crisis, Final Fantasy, MGS, Spyro, or THPS?

licensing. Probably same reason there's no mini N64 planned

Weak hardware
Selection of games was mediocre at best
Most of the actually good games were using the PAL versions for some inexplicable reason
The emulator was just some open source emulator that juuuust barely worked on the weak hardware as opposed to Sony's excellent in-house emulator, POPS that was used on the PSP and VITA.

Overall it was just a bad product and Sony knew it. They could have easily just put in a stripped down PSTV and call it a day but they didn't.

Bad game selection, diehard PS fans don't want it, all hype was killed when the games were shown, could have been huge but they blew it

Consumers are stupid but Sony somehow managed to overestimate the amount of shit consumers are able to put up with
The NES and SNES classics are nostalgia bait cashgrabs but at least they had a good lineup of games packaged with them, plus they were extremely easy to hack and add ROMs to.
Really though, non-dualshock controllers and fucking PAL ISOs? I hope Sony continues to fuck their own shit up until they fall off the pretentious high horse they keep climbing up on every time they get a whiff of success.

Attached: 1547608502820.gif (640x360, 2.9M)

>We have a maximum of 20 games to put on this thing, let's make every one of them count
>hOw 'bOuT rAiNBow siX aNd thE sHiT VErsIoN oF pErsONA 1?

full of shit games