Gpu thread

What do you have?
I have a 1080 soon to be pic related

Attached: 2018082011230996_m.png (460x460, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zgAe6yUChI0
youtu.be/G7TV_FoDyhg
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487430
boards.Yea
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A 750ti. I might upgrade today, but honestly I can't justify spending more than a few hundred bucks.

I don't plan to upgrade because I'm still on 1080p 60hz and none of the current gpus are worth upgrading to for their price

Bought a 2080, it crapped out after a day. Currently awaiting my refund from the store and looking into alternatives.

I still have a 660, i don't even want to upgrade just the gpu. gonna build a whole new pc

>buying meme cards

Just purchased a 2080.
I have had my gtx 660 for way to many years.

GTX 960, and I'm not gonna bother upgrading until I decide to finally jump on the VR train

Vega 64. Waiting on Navi atm

Attached: sapphire_20172818915.jpg (700x700, 49K)

I have 1060 and soon I will have your mom OP

gtx 770
old good new bad anyway so I dont see any reason for an upgrade.

what happened?
i saw on youtube somebody got that problem with it as well

My CPU, ram, etc, are still beast. I built it for music recording and added the cheapest video card I could get.

>1050ti
I bought it early 2017 cheap as fuck. Still play everything, but i plan to buy the 1660ti memecard later on.

It worked perfectly for a day. The next morning it'd crap out like pic related and forced my PC to reboot with the internal GPU. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I even reinstalled windows, no dice.

Bummed me out real good, too.

Attached: IMG_20190401_130136.jpg (1160x870, 120K)

Got this badboi

Attached: 135691.jpg (800x600, 94K)

Couldn't give a toss about rtx either it looks nice on metro but that's about it tried it out on pascal
Would rather have vxao and they gimped their gi/ao with rtx off its so obvious
Eh this was stupid cheap for ausfag prices 1500aud shipped Ive seen used go for less
Paid 700aud for a 56 hated it and the same for a 1080 but it got too slow and almost 3 years old
My 1080 died only after I oc it the rma and a year later its fine
Had luck what brand?
How much did u pay for your 2080s
Only card on the market that can handle 3k ultrawide
Gave up on 5k/8k no card on earth in the next 2 years
I had considered a Vega 7 radeon but after the bad experience I had with Vega 56 I thought nope also it barely beat my 1080 in some games
At 4k it was slower than a 1080ti
Good luck she's mine
Heh had a 4gh windforce rocked that from 2014-2016
Slow as balls couldn't handle 1080p 30fps Max was a glorified 680 oc
Bad Luck I saw newegg has 30% off on some of their 2080ti? Go get one of them if your a seppo
I'm not him but I'm sweating bullets hoping I don't have any trouble with it.
My last other 2 gpus have been a nightmare 390x fan controller dead just ziptird case fans
1080 died needed resoldering on the core I think dunno

yeah, this is the risk of bleeding edge technology

I also still have a 750ti. Ran through sekiro with it great.

still rocking a GTX 660ti

i desperately want something better than this, it's really holding me back, but i can't spend the money on anything right now

How are you RTXfags enjoying your raytracing?

Attached: 1529677074141.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

I hate a gtx 1060 6 gb. Waiting for Navi so Nvidia can lower price.

GT 440

Attached: 1539285809930.png (800x800, 253K)

1070ti evga

Really? How was your performance? The reason I was going to upgrade was exclusively for Sekiro. I've already beaten it on my buddy's PS4, but I'd like to play it again on my system.

was going to get a 1660 but im just gonna wait for navi instead

isn't raytracing now on the 10xx series too, with the latest driver?

hey brother, im Just save enough to build a great one and proof for like the next 6-7 years

Mediumish at 1080p. Had some brief stuttering during loads but thats probably my sata 2 hdd.

MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X with a pretty high overclock. Don't really see any reason to upgrade to a 2080 Ti right now because I don't care about the RTX meme, and the performance per dollar just really isn't there.

I'll probably wait until next gen to upgrade.

Upgrade to a 1660ti, it's a gigantic upgrade that is dirt-fukin-cheap

wrong reply mean for

I have a GT 710

1080ti. Runs 4k60fps fine, see no reason to upgrade yet because RTX is so in its infancy and not worth it now.

Vega 64
Great GPU, should do fine for the next ~4 years @1440p

I have a 1080ti I got a good deal on, no reason to upgrade for a few years at this point.

Recently got a 1070ti. Works pretty great for everything I use. Problem now is my whole rig is bottlenecked by my 5 year old HP monitor. It doesn't even run at 60Hz most of the time (I can tell when I'm getting true 60fps and when I'm not).

The 3.5 GB meme card.
Still serves me pretty well after all these years.

rx 580 8gb
runs everything flawlessly

Had a 960ti for a bit how can you stand it?
Fuck me I had a 6970 way back when even that was better
Games too hard.
I just find those sorts of hack slash not fun same with the rest of the souls series and the combat is boring
Same with witcher
Didn't mind ninja gaiden and love age of chivalry tho
Lul a cucked 1080
A friend had one it was shit my 56 crapped over it
Who cares? It's not like 4k 60hz+ 100fps+ will ever be cheap
I tend to keep my gpus a long time 2 years or so and buy the highest end at the time save for titan or workstation stuff
Tried all gens of amds high end stuff really wasn't a fan driver and game spesifiic issues with performance or just poor design
I will say they always had nice fat memory bandwidth and the first to put decent amounts of memory on cards but as with the 290x/390x 8gb wasn't really needed back in their hayday and noe that it is 6 years later the cards are too slow
Same with the radeon 7 it can't really make use of 16gb at 4k because it's too slow and nvidias Texture compression tech works well enough on 8gb 11gb.
16 and 32gb will only be needed for crazy high dxr 4k 8k stuff which I'm not gonna run on mine anyway
+1
Almost as fast as my 1080 which is barely mid range
What clocks? What's your thoughts on the 7nm one lol wtf was amd thinking
Noice
Kek
Great 1080p 100hz+ card if u turn settings down

>I had considered a Vega 7 radeon but after the bad experience I had with Vega 56 I thought nope also it barely beat my 1080 in some games
>At 4k it was slower than a 1080ti
That's fair. I got the V64 for very little money, hence my reasoning for the purchase. What happened with your V56?

waiting for my palit 2060 6gb to arrive

Attached: img_7330.jpg (725x396, 33K)

No GPU, i have a Ryzen 3 2200G and so far i can 1080 60fps whatever i want to play, but i have to tinker with settings of course and cant max everything.

On that topic, anyone can suggest me what cheap GPU to get so that i can comfortably play 1080 60fps without having to bother with settings too much?
No need to exceed an aim at always ultra settings, but not having to worry about it(and free 2GB of RAM since i have to allocate those to VRAM as of now) would be cool.

Desktop has a 1070, laptop has a 1060

At some point I'm going to upgrade the desktop, it's still rocking a 2500k and it might be bottlenecking the 1070.

GTX 2080. My 1080 wasn't cutting it at 1440p at 120+ FPS.

Got a 1080ti right before the RTX 2080tis were released so it was so cheap.

660ti works fine for most games honestly, just put settings on low

i haven't yet run across a game i genuinely couldn't run, but Monster Hunter World is very, very rough. 1280x720 at 80% resolution scaling, graphics on a mix between low and medium with TAA turned on gets me a basically rock solid 30fps, it's not pretty but it works

1050ti.

Same here. Hopefully Navi is better and cheaper then what I have, but I somehow doubt it. I guess it's time to wait for the new next-gen GPUs.

you say that but you could get a much more powerful Vega card for the same money

Got the EVGA black RTX 2060

It's nice, silent as fuck and runs pretty much everything in highest settings and high res.

I thought it would overheat easily as it has only one fan but they made a pretty good job with the dissipative system.

RX580 8GB. Upgraded from an old 7970 at the end of last year. I haven't even played something that requires the additional power yet, but the free games made the upgrade extremely cheap

gtx770
i'll replace it when 1080s are for less than 200$

even sekiro works at 60fps

Don't listen to this guy I have a 1050ti, but right now it's not worth it. The rx570 is almost the same price you get a lot more performance.

>tfw saw that promo but miss out so now it back in price
it was like 160 bucks + 3 free games on bestbuy 2 months ago

RTX 2070 XC Ultra

1080ti Palit Gamerock

I just got a 1060 this year. It's good enough. I don't really play the newest games, anyway.

rx 580

The best I had was a 1080 sli 2 years ago, sold one ,no need to explain why
RTX series is a dissapointment I have the money,I will hand it to them when a worthy graphic card ie atleast 2 times more powerful as the last series comes.

GTX970
I´d like a upgrade, but honestly, nothing is worth it atm. I really dont play those kinds of games that would make use of better card.

Attached: rokireality.png (364x270, 72K)

I'll check it out

If possible, i'd rather get an Nvidia, mostly for nitpicks such as i miss using Physx effects even in older games, and due to OpenGL lack of proper support in AMD GPUs.
So if not the 1050ti, what would you suggest, keeping it Nvidia?

Gtx 950, it's basically a 1050 in perfomance from what i've gathered, still, was going to look for an upgrade for a RX 570/580, but haven't found a reason, i have a shitty monitor so i don't got a reason to run everything at Ultra, plus i don't really care about graphics much but stable 60+ fps

Unless 1440p +120fps or 4k +60fps no need for a high end card.

Turing seems to have reliability problems
Really sucks

1080 Ti, got it for cheap just before RTX dropped. Doubt I'll upgrade anytime soon.

To add, recently upgraded my anciant CPU to a Ryzen 5 2600 and the difference is massive in games that are CPU heavy like Monster Hunter World, went from barely scrapping 30 fps with everything on low/off to 60+ with just that, i just need more Ram since i couldn't afford an extra 8gb stick

1440p/144Hz

Stock cooler hated the noise overpaid sold it at a loss fuck it fuck it
Drivers at the time sucked too
Something about no virtual super res with 21:9 pissed me off royally and certain games ran bad
Felt like a side grade for worse thermals and noise but used less power ironically
Used 1070-1080
Vega 56 used or cheap new
How is your psu?
Iktf
Should have got a 2080ti tho since u just got a 1080ti oc tier card for more money
Lucky I could have got some cheap 500usd ish used at the time but wasn't a big enough performance uplift to give headroom at 3k 100fps
Oof can it do 1080p in other games?
One fan? It some small one or summit
Don't bother with a 1080 they pretty slow these days but anything is a huge upgrade for you.
56 and 1660s are very cheap and will be cheaper soon used as well
I never saw the point of getting a rtx that isn't a 2060 or 2080ti
The middle cards seem pointless offer worse perf per watt and price than the outgoing pascal 1070ti and 1080ti
But a 2080ti is 2x as powerful especially at 4k
Its also double the price sadly
Who the Fuck uses phsyx? It works fine on CPU only they changed it yonks ago unless you mean ((exclusive)) effects that look like dogshit and tank perf
I doubt I'll upgrade from a 2080ti for 3 years considering it cost more than my entire rest of my system combined

is it me or graphically wise there isn't that much of a leap from recent time? a good card from a couple years still work fine for newest games at 1080p, it seems like the bigger step is higher resolution

Vega 56
Runs great at 1080p, anywhere from 45-144fps depending on the game but FreeSync takes care of it for SILKY SMOOTH GAMEPLAY

>What clocks? What's your thoughts on the 7nm one lol wtf was amd thinking
1622/1075 @ 1010mV
Vega 7 seems to be a product of a repurposed workstation card to me

no one uses physx anymore, at all. It's literally not even remotely a thing. The hardware accelerated particle stuff is done using FLEX now, and AMD GPUs can handle it just fine.

OpenGL is a small argument, but it does slightly affect some emulators. That said, those emulators are using Directx 12 or Vulkan nowadays anyway, so there's not really any reason to be using OpenGL whatsoever.

Honestly, i understand wanting to keep it on the nvidia side, but price to performance, you'd be missing out on a LOT. you're talking mid-range, entry-level GPU with the 1050ti, at most 4gb of memory, where you can get an AMD GPU, a Radeon 570 with 8gb of vram, performance equivalent to a GTX 1070, for the same price.

At this point if you're looking for a 'budget' GPU, there's no reason to not get a 580.

Yeah high end gamers realized that like in the Gtx 900 series,5 years ago,midrange gpu owners have only started to realize it since like last year KEK its pretty funny desu desu

> What do you have?

Attached: 1555093011164.jpg (1280x854, 157K)

Nvidiot here was jelly of freesync then nvidia finally caved lol
Gsync was always dogshit
If your playing 2k res no
3-5k is where shit takes huge leaps especially in distance detail
Mostly no though but dxr stuff is actually taking off I tried quake 2 rt it was great
Ran through the rtx demo's on my 1080 and meh no single game besides quake 2 actually has gi ao shadows reflections and other rt effects
Maybe atomic heart? Idk
Metro looked OK but gi ao rt isn't enough when the shadows and reflections look like shit
This
Amd gpus can also handle dxr but nothing outside of the crytek demo uses it
I wonder if the 3xxx series apus next year will be any good

1070. Intend to build a completely new computer when the 30 series arrives.

who /970/ here?

RX 470 8GB
plays everything im interested in well enough

Evga Superclocked 970 still going strong

Can beast through anything I throw at it, at 1080p of course

>next year
Should be a few months.

Some shitty intel intgrated -> GT 9600 512MB -> Intel HD 5200 -> RX 580 8GB
Gonna stay with AMD since they have the best Linux support, I won't upgrade my GPU for a long time anyway.

GTX 970, it's decent enough for me at 1080p still. I want to upgrade to maybe an RTX 2070 or used 1080ti but I remind myself I don't even play demanding games anymore.

How does that AMD dick taste?

AMD Radeon RX 550 for 115 bucks new, is this a good price?

Vega 56 for $260 USD. Metro Exodus can run on ultra settings at 1440p 60 fps. Card is an absolute unit

Attached: 1529293734102.png (289x175, 6K)

Anyone know the best gpu to best use with my 1440p/144hz monitor? I don't mind turning down some settings from max for better framerates.
My current card is 1050 ti and it's not going to cut it, though it was always a placeholder.

Attached: 1522298201037.png (258x282, 52K)

you can get an rx 570/580 for like 160 bucks, so no it is not

5870. no reason to upgrade.

where do you get rx 580 for 160? i saw it that price 2 months ago but it all seem to get back to 220 now

Again if your playing at anything above 2k 60hz midrange gpus just don't cut it even 6 years ago
Don't bother it's gonna be at max 30% faster than a 2080ti because it's on 7nm with maybe more cuda cores at 1.5x the price in 2020-2021 so around rtx titan/quadro performance but faster clocks possibly at same power draw
Midrange will see huge gains tho if that's what your gonna get around 1080ti perf for the price of a 1660ti if amd drop navi or Arcturus by then
I thought 7nm apus where next year? The desktop stuff got delayed as well was meant to be q1-q2 now it's q3+
I wunna get a slightly higher clocked 3700x whatever has the best all core boost
I doubt I'll need to tho my 2700x won't bottleneck shit at 3840x1440p 100hz no way
Gpu = bad high end is non existent
CPU is goat I'm hype as fuck for 3000 series hopefully they go 16c 5ghz bullshit

do the needful and wait for navi sirs 2080ti performance for $200

I resold the 1080 for 300 so it basically cost me 400. An extra 300 for the Ti didn't seem worth it at the time.

The 2080 is outperforming the 1080Ti by a good amount already and it will probably grow due to Nvidia drivers purposefully putting the 1080Ti behind.

still on amd r9 290

just look up some sites regularly and buy it when you see a good deal

An EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0
She's still chewing through games at 1440p 60fps

Attached: 81IlZ4IUGjL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 33K)

Was duped by /g/ to get a rx 480. Will upgrade to a 2080 once I have enough money.

1660 ti
>good overclocker
>silent
>cool
>only consumes 120w
>can play at 1440p with no issues
It's a based card.

>absolute toaster can only play ps3 ports
>every time i want to upgrade i remember that there's like 5 games only at best that i want to play but cant right now at acceptable fps
>remember i also have to buy everything else cause the current setup is way too shit
what's the point...

>tfw the cheapest 2080 is $1000 where i am

Gonna call horse shit I maxxed my 1080 out which is the same speed at 2k and minimum fps was 30-40
Ultra wide or 16:9? Wide-screen is harder to run since it has to push more pixels what resolution you running?
1080 Ti /2080 seems to do most people
Sadly nvidia owns the high end amd haven't tried since the Vega 64lc which as I said does struggle depending on the game
Radeon 7 is a joke barely 1080 Ti perf for more money but you get more memory a worse loud as fuck cooler so it evens out
What's it life having a gpu as slow as a ps4?
Pascal will age like milk because more games will exploit the better floating point and integers perf because unlike turing it has to switch between + other more in depth arch shit but that's the gist of it.
Basically nvidias first fully async comp hard cards since Volta and fermi
I had a 390x at the time and wondered what the fuck everyone was smoking? It was a terrible card
580 and 590 are OK if u got them cheap but now a 16xx shits over them
Get a used apu 7nm system next year for scraps or wait until ddr5 comes out

This for now. upgraded from 660ti. I rarely play very graphics intensive games so it works more than fine, and if I do it does well with 1080p

Attached: Sapphire-RX580-NitroPLUS-8GB-SE-6.jpg (800x800, 92K)

>Used 1070-1080
The used market is crap where i live, and shipping costs to get it overseas would make the price close the the same GPU new.
>1650
overkill for my CPU, isn't it?
And i have a 450W PSU

>Who the Fuck uses phsyx?
>no one uses physx anymore, at all
As i said, PhysX is a nitpick and i said i miss it in older games, as in there are games that even back then with a 9800GT 512MB i could run at 60fps with PhysX on, and replaying them now(or games i could not play for years, like Arkham Knight) at the same settings but without PhysX effectively makes them look worse.
If i have to get a new GPU and have a visually worse experience than i did 10 years ago on the same titles, it's...not pointless, but weird.
Mine is a budget entry level build, which means i didnt have a better PC before this, so i missed on a lot of games for years, and while most recent games dont use PhysX at all or just a bit and are dropping it in favor of other open source technologies, a lot of games i havent played and i want to play do use it.
>OpenGL is a small argument, but it does slightly affect some emulators.
That's my main reason.
>That said, those emulators are using Directx 12 or Vulkan nowadays anyway
CEMU(yeah i dont care what people say, im enjoying BOTW so far) still uses OpenGL, and you can find people who have that exact GPU you suggested(Radeon 570) or better but still AMD who still struggle to maintain 30fps, while anyone with a 10 series Nvidia gets 60fps no issues.

>how poorfags think

asus strix 1080ti main pc (1440p144hz monitor)
asus 1070 turbo htpc (4k tv, usually game in 1080p60 or 1440p60)

Can't complain. Don't feel the need to upgrade yet, ray tracing is a meme so far and the performance trade-off isn't what it should be.

Gigabyte 1080, upgrading it along side my 6800k in 2 generations

EVGA GTX 980 reporting in

>What's it life having a gpu as slow as a ps4?
what the fuck do i care.everything works that i need to work.

Going to buy 2070 soon. 10x0 are fucking impossible to find right now, it's easier to just waste money on meme gen and pray for RTX gimmick to be relevant.

name 5 masterpieces this gen available on pc

Somebody tried DXR on old GTX1000 gpus?

Nah not overkill at all
1650 would be perfect and doesn't even need a power connector
Just drop in the new 8c 7nm apus when they drop next year or so
It's funny as soon as I tried rtx I bought a rtx card but not for rt it's gay no games use it right and unoptimized as fuck
4000 series nvidia will be interesting as mcm might be a thing by then or even 5nm 2022+ and Intel are re-entering the market with ex amd rtg poos
Like?
Don't care what you think is a (masterpiece) my taste is not yours and you will just shit on what anyone says because anything we say you'll poo on because your pc is shit
3-8k requires serious gpu power
2k and below is console shit
+1
Fuck buying ex mined crap with no warranty or warranty that's about to run out

Runs like poo on a 1080 no matter what game
720p get 30fps lol not even worth it
He's just jealous

What about raytracing mod minecraft?

I was gonna try that but it's not ready for public and some patreon exclusive shit.
Hope someone leaks it I can't stand paid mods.
Have a donation option but don't force people too

>Ultra wide or 16:9?
16:9; and thanks for the suggestions. If only 2080 ti prices were several hundred lower.

SIRS PLS BUY 2080 Ti IT FUTUREPROOF GOOD VALUE JUST DO THE NEEDFUL

No fellow 4k ultawide 2080ti bros? Oh well off to fap over benchmarks
They are on ebay aus right now desu cheaper than newegg and Amazon by a large fucking margin I got mine for 200dollardoos off 1545 shipped retail for 2k over here
Based anthropomorphic turd poster

Attached: Assange_knows.jpg (800x600, 61K)

I have a 970. I'm thinking of getting another one to SLI so that I can run Metro. Anyone have any experience with any of this?

Attached: 1527663131570.jpg (360x357, 17K)

1070 at 1080p 60hz
I mostly play indie titles and badly optimized Japanese games. I can easily max them and they gain little to nothing from a better resolution and framerate.

Running on rx580 now,im not sure if should go new card or dual wield on crossfire

wait for navi and ryzen 3000 sirs

>2k
probably talking about 1440p
>1440p 6 years ago
"midrange"
user...

Attached: Specs.png (833x835, 127K)

I'm tempted to build my own computer now due to a surge in both hours and net income. Should I go for it now or wait longer for prices to fall? i'm also a total idiot so i'd probably grab a friend to help me build the thing and help suggest parts and such.

You still wont be able to run metro. Thats a huge waste of money, bro. Well not huge since 970 should be dirt cheap. Just upgrade to a 1060 if your such a poorfag.

Attached: ufff.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Like?
like anything worthwhile. fuck if i'm going to upgrade anything until something blows up so there's almost a good reason to upgrade. in reality i'll most likely just get free replacement part from somewhere and then wait for something else to break.

Had bad experiences with gcn amd cards gonna wait for post gcn new arch like Arcturus that can do dxr rt without fall back stuff like Vega/navi
Crossfire and sli are dead
And you'd barely get 1080ti tier perf if you got perfect scaling in whatever game at double the power thermals and shit compatibility and good old micro stutter shiz
There was 2560x1600p back then which was the 3k (4k) ultra wide of the day and 2560x1440p
I meant midrange cards like 7950 and 770 that struggled at 1080p 60hz at the time let alone higher
Midrange will never get near what's required for high end resolutions
Just use pc part picker and get the shop to build it for you
Then watch some tutorials and tweak it yourself it's literally Lego tier.
Considering my 1080 struggled on 1080p 60fps Min @max details your gonna have a bad time
I even turned physics crap and fog down nope lol
Such is your life lol good for you

Based and AMDPilled

Here's muh specs. EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra with a 100mhz core clock and 800mhz memory clock OC.
Benchmarks screen cap is too big for Yea Forums but it's like 3754 in heaven 1080p/ultra settings.

Attached: 1545942354793.jpg (457x586, 43K)

Also, R5 2600 + RX 580 masterrace.

>master race
>low-end
You do you.

Thinking of getting a Radeon VII but I'm concerned about how much heat it puts out.

Attached: brainlet12.jpg (550x543, 83K)

1050ti. Got it for free. Going to definitely upgrade in the near future though.

I have sli'd 1080's

Please tell me theres something other than the 2080 in the pipeline that'll actually be worth spending money on. Sli has too many quirks to deal with but the 2080 seems like a complete ripoff

S-shut up! I get infinitely better performance than the shitty "4k" consoles and I can max everything at 1080p 60fps.

Attached: 1.jpg (500x283, 42K)

It's pretty hobo-tier just for the simple fact that you have an AMD gpu, nigger. Don't be mad at me for pointing out the obvious when you're the one that bought it.

hello sir radeon 7 very good gpu 16 gb ram minimum for 1080p, do the needful and buy now, regards

not with that gpu you can't

A RTX 2060

Attached: 20190122_201902.png (1440x1213, 880K)

R7 260x
Got it a few days ago to replace my old 4850.

Oh yeah, I can't max the latest Assassin's Creed Faggotry game. Big fucking deal.

>I can max everything
>but only if it's indie or >5 years old
lol

Got a 1660 ti coming in the mail tomorrow. I only play 1080p 144hz, so it should be fine for a while

>I can max everything
>....except all these games.
It's fine dude. I had a gtx 660 until like a year ago.

>gtx 1080
>i5 4670k
>8gb ram

I still max everything at 60+fps. Fuck I feel like computer tech has stagnated to fuck the last 5 years or so

>5 years old
what's wrong with that?

I had a 760 for years, finally got a 1660Ti, definitely worth even though I have a major CPU bottleneck since I still have my i5 2500k.

Would it be better to upgrade the CPU or GPU? I have an i5-4760K and GTX 970

>can't max out a shitty unoptimized game from one of the worst developers out there
>can max out pretty much everything else
>even the games I can't max out turning the shadows down from ultra to very high is enough to get 60fps locked

>hurr you can only max out indie games from 5 years ago
imagine being an nvidia cuck

Clock the CPU at 4ghz and as long as you're not streaming it's more than fine. Games typically arent bottlenecked by cpus and the 4th gen i5s were fantastic and still more than enough

Jesus, you're still going.

Attached: 1543595871152.jpg (428x280, 138K)

>I buy overpriced video cards to play ubisoft games at 60fps on ultra settings

Attached: 1507487754389.png (406x452, 30K)

>buy mid-tier gpu
>"any game i can't max out is unoptimized and is probably bad anyway"
you're the kind of person i can find crying in steam game forums

>bitcoin mining skyrockets gpu prices
>what used to be $500 for a top of the line card is now >$1000
>wonder why tech isn't progressing when no one can afford to upgrade

>ubisoft games are well optimized
you're the kind of person i can find sucking dicks on reddit

asshit creed is dogshit and for mentally deficient zoomers, go back to your homeland redditor

It depends. While CPU bottlenecks used to be not a huge thing, 4 core is CERTAINLY on the way out. The Division 2 for example, destroyed my 6600k. When I went to a 9700k, my GPU stopped being bottlenecked and now uses 90-100% in game.

>every game my toaster can't run is ubisoft

Upgrading from a 970 gtx. ??

Who the fuck said I have ever even played an asscreed game you dumb as rocks nigger?

Attached: 1543337811140.png (346x307, 227K)

Yeah, pretty much.

you may not like it but this is what peak non bottlenecked performance looks.

Attached: 5.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

>everything that I can't afford is overpriced
My set up was easily affordable because I have a job that pays more than a days ration of rice and beans, pablo.

Attached: 1549916277106.jpg (500x454, 140K)

Nothing for another year.
Rtx launch was abysmal but the cards arnt so bad now and seem to be selling ok
Amd tripped over itself with the 590 and vr7ii bs and will likely not bother until 2021 with Arcturus well after gen 9 consoles launch with navi next year
Nvidia will go 7nm next year and release a 3080ti for 2000usd unironically then get rekt by a next gen and chip and cut prices
Hell they are doing that now with the entire turing line-up because none of them sold
First it had a abysmal launch with middling performance and no games dlss flopped then rtx flopped weird space invaders memory problems on reference boards and drive trouble
There isn't a fix for it either.
Such a low volume gpu I doubt after market cards coolers or pads will come since the stock one is good enough and fan curve tweaking makes the card run even hotter at around the same performance clocks
Undervolting is the best bet
I reckon it needed to go under water from factory and hit 2ghz to make use of that memory but amd side stepped with the 64wc and don't want a repeat.
Nobody bought it
Best rtx card besides the 2080 ti
Nah I had a 4690 and 390x
Its a big upgrade minimum fps and smoothness to go to a 8700/2700x+ and 1080
If your at 1080p your gonna see drops below 60fps with that CPU in some games and stutter as well as shit multi tasking
Odessy is garbage tho
Imagine giving a fuck and having brand loyalty
>nvidia cuck
Hay amd shit themselves in the foot repeatedly since the 7970
I had a 290 at launch it was slower than a 770i side graded too because of all the issues
Low and behold same shit happened with my 56 VS 1080
Both
970 is barely 1650/1060 3gb tier
Used Zen 1 is extremely cheap and a 370 + 1700 should sit at 4ghz all day get you around the perf of a 7700k/8600 with double the threads and the option to drop a 3600x in or better when they come out.
Gpus are getting cheaper again finally too

This gen has been a real cluster fuck.

Half the RTX cards are less powerful than the 1080 ti and even the 1080. The low end RTX cards can barely use the ray tracing feature to the point that its almost not worth having at all.

Then you got the fucking 1660ti which is basically on par with a 1070 but they keep the price inflated simply because the 1060 is still a popular card and if they lowered it more it would kill its sales.

Back in the day new cards meant better performance and graphics plain and simple. Now its a nickel and dime industry.

Navi can't come soon enough
>Nvidia is rebranding 2016 cards for 3 years+ and doubling the price
yikes

Attached: 1546869250461.jpg (900x732, 180K)

>all you need is a 670 and an i5, bro. Surely an r7 and a 970 will at least function without full second stuttering at every single action
I just wanted to have fun

Attached: 1529425180816.jpg (269x313, 14K)

I just bought a used 1070ti, still under warranty for like 3 years. $290 total. Think I did pretty ok.

9800gt.
It's starting to show it's age now.

>high end video cards aren't overpriced
>if I can pay it it's not overpriced
Even Pablos can buy a shitty rtx card, doesn't mean they aren't overpriced.

Attached: its a good deal goy just buy it.jpg (998x854, 263K)

All PC hardware is overpriced. So?
>RTX cards are shitty
Benchmarks would say otherwise.

Running a 970 right now, but my upcoming build will have either a 2070 or 2080, can't decide yet. Aiming for 1440p/120+hz on near Max settings.
How do you rank all the different GPU brands? I use MSI right now but was thinking of going EVGA this time.

1060 3gb. can't really complain since I only paid $160 for it last year when a 6gb model was still affected by $300+ crypto prices. also I got a lucky batch that overclocks into 2.1ghz core clock.

Only the RTX 2060 is weaker than a 1080

My 2080 was cheaper than that on release. What shitty website are you using to falseflag?

all brands have their good and bad cards, you just have to sift through them. for example MSI makes a good twinfrozr model, but their armor series is hot trash.

>All PC hardware is overpriced. So?
That's not true. videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html
>RTX cards are shitty
When it comes to cost/perfomance, yes they are. Look at that 2080ti at the bottom of the chart.

I've only bought EVGA cards for the past decade, never had a problem with any of them. Plus I like the AIO hybrid cooler they included with my 1070. Solid products.

1050Ti 4GB Master race reporting in

Fell for the Crossfire meme and got two 390s in 2015. Would have gotten the RTX series if half the cost wasn't due to shitty raytracing. Holding out for Navi to see if there's a good 1440p/120-144fps card.

If you pay more for your GPU than the price of modern consoles then you're a sucker

500 is insane for a card, and yet nvidia is shitting out 1000+ cards that barely enhance performance. Fuck 20-30% performance increases, a card for that much should be more than doubling to warrant the price

What the fuck happened. The equivalent performance bracket back in the day was 500-600 at most. Even the geforce 8800 which was a giant stop forward at the time was 500, and there was nothing on the planet close to it. This shit is a scam

????????

Attached: questionmark.jpg (2039x517, 189K)

>price to performance
Don't give a shit. Also, a 1080ti right now is like well over $1000.

Recently changed over to Linux for my machine. Which sucks because i got a ultra wide monitor because fuck it. I wanted to get a vega for Linux drivers. But now no point having a laggy wide-screen and subpar performance.

if you buy a console, you're a sucker. I have a PS Triple next to my PC and I used it to play Persona 5 and that's literally fucking it.

I didn't even need it since I could've emulated it.

I have a GT640

Way to completely miss the point

Vega 5

Red Dragon Vega 56. Got a very nice OC on it, 1650/975. It breaks a 24k graphics score in 3DMark.

vega11 igpu
runs everything basicly for free.

I managed to snag a fucked up 3gb 970.

Im sure its one of the 3gb batch because it was such a good deal I got it.

Your wrong.
Most reasonable high end gpus are well under 1k
Even 2080tis and radeon 7 which is 700usd or less
Siege is (gutted it ((no parallax textures anymore)) + running some offshoot of asscreeed engine nobody else is)
Everything else isnt optimisated especially odessy wildlands and division 2
Fc5 runs OK I guess
Problem is ubi has 3 fucking different engines with 2 different offshoots instead of just using one inhouse or unreal so different games even across a common engine can run wildy different
4core has been on its way out for 5 years once 6 cores became common
That's wrong tho
The 2080 is around a very high oc 1080 Ti + 10%
2070 is a good deal faster than a 1080
2060 craps over a 1070
Amd rtg is just as much to blame but their bread and butter is console and data center sales not niche gaming shit nobody buys outside of the low-midrange going on 8 years now
High end is nvidias playground until apus take over their already loosing grip on the low end and soon midrange when Intel and amd finally make good gpus and CPUs in a single soc package like consoles
Nope same price double the performance at least in my back water aushole
Even 2.5 as fast as a 1080 for a bit less than half the launch price (1kaud I remember) and that want even shipped + inflation
Well it might run at 900p shaders 0.8x and medium details but that's 30fps minimum
The r7 was rushed and meant to be a 2080ti competitor
The 64lc was meant to dethrone the 1080 Ti and didn't even get near a 1080 at the time its different now obviously
I seriously doubt a radeon 7 will catch a 2080/1080 tho considering its just a Vega 64 7nm cut down with a piddly oc for the process and sucks power to boot as well as crickets from amd about dxr a year after it came out so even less support than rtx crap
Meanwhile I got a 2080ti for 1550 shipped from ebay
Pccg are shit their warranty went down the tube as well

Yep

EVGA's step up program is really good. You trade in your GPU to them and you can upgrade to a newer GPU while only paying the difference. This also means they have a ton of great B-stock GPUs for a steal sometimes, like last year you could have got a barely used GTX 1080 (you know it's barley used because the manufacture date is on the card is recent) for only $300 before they sold out.

>here's factual data to back up my argument
>hurr don't care lol

Attached: abc.png (226x223, 7K)

I have a GTX 980 which can squeeze out 1080p in conjunction with my very obsolete old CPU from 11 years ago

I'm buying a 1440p 144hz monitor, new top of the line cpu, ram, mobo etc.

I'm going to wait a year or two for the next generation of GPUs to upgrade.

47756e73206f662049636172757320416c6c69616e63653a2038474b58422d38334d4b522d44474b3645

>think aout buying RTX 2080
>read online first
>alot of people have their cards die in 3 months
>think of getting a GTX 1660 instead
>its about the same as my 1070

JUST

This proves nothing since it's all based off of the cost and performance of the most expensive card. A fucking 570 isn't a good deal just because of muh cost performance when it can't even hit 60fps at 1080p. You're a retard. All PC hardware is overpriced.

Attached: 1544293891368.jpg (910x752, 57K)

Hey man, just wanted to tell you no one really cares about your replies and that you should stop replying to every single fucking post in the thread.

Sapphire R290 TriX.

Still holds up well, but don't expect to max out settings on everything or play 4k

Attached: 946304_1__61510-1.jpg (1280x1280, 143K)

that was the Ti, and it's not an issue since like November

I have a Radeon VII in an eGPU box

Attached: P_20190321_133148.jpg (4032x2016, 2.35M)

I can get an average of 60 fps at medium. The problem is honestly the stutters. I can only really play in stealth mode because when I shoot my gun, the game freaks out and freezes up for a couple of seconds and then I end up dead.

>570
>can't even hit 60fps at 1080p
now you're not even putting the effort

>tfw gtx 1070 with a 9700k
>want to get a newer GPU
>its either the RTX meme or a 3 year old GTX 1080 which is marginally better and still costs a shitload

He didn't replied to me. Fuck him.

How are you liking it and why didn't you just get a 2080?

Went from a rx 460 to a gtx 1060. my fps more than doubled in all games. also CEMU is finally playable now, before there was too much graphical glitches from AMD drivers

I'm and that used to be my card. It crapped out last year, sadly. It was a fantastic card.

>factual data
It's a fact that a 570 is a turd but rated highest on your "factual data chart". Doesn't prove that PC hardware is overpriced. Who the fuck would spend $120 on shit? Just buy a console because it would be cheaper in the long run and better.

Attached: 1544056974625.jpg (525x469, 33K)

You can get a used GTX 970 for $100 easy on eBay (location somewhat dependant.)

not worth upgrading unless you play at 144hz

Some games have a 50% perf jump tho and that's not even with vulkan/dx12
Pccg they overcharge like fuck.
Used to be based but now act like gay cunt Melbourne faggits with their head up their ass
Hopefully the dying issues are fixed bad ram and reference design at launch
Hay Man I don't care and will reply to how many fucking cunts in my bloody thread as I want 6am in the morning
Huh? What the fuck for is latency an issue?
Just wait then
Get a 64 or 1080ti used at least twice as fast

Attached: 37E7B77CAA6340EBA26BF9F98A96C12B.png (2208x1242, 4M)

>it can't even hit 60fps at 1080p
>It's a fact that a 570 is a turd
youtube.com/watch?v=zgAe6yUChI0

>> What do you have?

Attached: Untitled.png (1152x648, 5K)

I suppose if you drop everything to low/medium and can struggle it's way up there.
>being this willfully retarded to pretend to win an argument on Yea Forums that only you are involved in.
Facts are facts. Buy high end or have a shit system.

Attached: 1503334965038.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Sapphire Nitro Vega 64. Was considering the Radeon VII since I'm about to get into CAD work on the side, but the prices and heat are keeping me away at the moment.
Reminds me of when I hooked up an R9 Fury to my laptop with a pretty shitty expresscard connection.

Is the step up program available in the EU?

why did you do this

>drop everything to low/medium
yeah sure

Sorry mate here's ya you ya cheeky fucka

>lowering settings and still get drops
>literal who titles that aren't even demanding
Nice video, fag. lol

Attached: 1505250247877.gif (500x490, 890K)

Yes, US, Canada, and EU

>getting shit FPS
>lower settings
>FPS improves by 1

Ok thanks.

Is it that big of a difference? I have a 480 and it seems to be doing well enough for me that I was going to build a new computer and just use my current 480 as the gpu.

I've had a motherboard and a PSU fail on me, and ended up practically rebuilding my whole computer last year, with that card being the only constant. She turns 4 this year, and is still chugging along like new.

This is for all these retards shitting on the 2080 ti

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-05-48-32-59.png (1920x1080, 211K)

GALAX GTX 1060 6GB. She is very good looking, never go past 60ºC and runs everything i want at 60fps + MAX settings.

Attached: sexy.jpg (1130x774, 79K)

Available for US, Canada, and EU.

Exactly. It's just salty poorfags and 1080ti fags that no longer have the best of the best.

Attached: 1544406465798.gif (328x272, 261K)

>literal who titles that aren't even demanding
>over 60fps on witcher 3 with most settings on ultra
>over 60fps on pubg with most setting on high and some on ultra
>over 60 fps on gta5 with most setting on very high/ultra
fuck off already

>2080 dies in 3 months

mine was 4 when it died, user

>1000 bucks
>20 to 30 percent increases

Oh yeah user you sure showed us

Witcher 3 came out like 4 years ago, dumbass. lol

>why did you do this
Rush .

Now turn off a few useless settings that you wouldn't even notice were turned off unless you were told so and get a 40 fps boost.

>hurr durr this game is not demanding because it came out 4 years ago

I'm sorry, how much are 1080ti's?
>inb4 user gets in his time machine, heads back to the past and buys one for 500 bucks
nah.

Attached: 1543331946498.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

god wildlands runs like absolute shit

480 is on par with a 970 but with more vram.

Vega 56 sapphire pulse, too much of a brainlet to undervolt it and OC but i know i don't have that samsung hbm shit, it's some other one.

Attached: 180528-JAY-Z-Paternity-Getty-800x600.jpg (800x600, 135K)

1070sc
i7 7700k
1080p
60fps

and i'm very happy

1080ti still gonna be a good card for awhile for me, it trades blows with the 2080 but has 3 more gbs of Vram so it'll last longer, messed with DXR today very pretty, but I'm not gonna sidegrade to a 2080 for it, I'll save up and eventually the 2080ti will be cheaper and used and I'll get that for the legitimate upgrade not RayTracing, I'm calling it now 3000 series NVIDIA cards will be announced Jan 2020

Your mistake is in thinking the 1080 ti's weren't also over priced. Just because you got ripped off the first time doesn't mean you're not getting ripped off again

i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
rx 580 8gb
16gb ram

rate my budget shit

Attached: p02978_bigimage_13925b5fd02f470b3.png (1047x720, 630K)

Attached: OC_Nitro.jpg (800x716, 113K)

>tfw 980ti
>tfw want to upgrade but every single option looks gay.

boomer CPU/10 time to move on granpa

voodoo 3
i still have one, too

NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Attached: Nvidia-GeForce-MX150-Benchmark.png (673x779, 55K)

Would 1070ti to 2080 be a worthwhile jump?

Attached: mydrink.jpg (320x320, 14K)

no

Why are you worried about a 'worthwhile jump'? Dont upgrade if you dont need to user. Save your money

Yeah I think I’ll just hold on until I can get a massive boost without spending 500+.

See if you can get a sub $100 i7 2600k

copped a 2060 because my 970 started dying unironically
mostly just use it to play morrowind, ck2, and CSGO anyway

If you want to upgrade to 4k, possibly.

i don't see any reason to move on. i don't play AAA western shit like ghostlands or ass creed. plus I can run tales of vesperia at 4k@60fps on this old thing.

Attached: 124451.png (3840x2160, 3.44M)

With an OC about 35% more performance, depends if you really need it tho, I'd hunt down the draining supply of 400$ used 1080tis tho

Yeah I'm just letting the Jew magic rush to my head. I'll hold out until I'm absolutely sure I feel the need to upgrade.

Can't make shit run faster if your running a toaster
Or lowering the wrong settings
Yep
And those benchmarks are a year old with barely any dx12/vulkan games
2019+ has a shit load coming out I'm pumped as fuck for doom eternal can't believe its been 3 years already
2080ti are mostly fixed
(what is warranty)
So what I've had 1/2 the gpus I've ever owned die and get rma and never fuck up again
That's average fps not even minimum or peak
Neck yourselves
So I can go from 60fps minimum to 100fps+ 3k
No shit I'm gonna do that
Must be the foliage I remember my 1080 barely getting 30fps max 1080p God that game was so bland as well
Patriots lives on in division (which imho is shit I hate looter shooter mmos) but siege is the only good game they've made besides fc5
Dude amd just dropped their most expensive gpu ever nobody wants a 800usd+ 16gb card that's slowethan a 2080 with half the ram.
What they should have done is just not release it like they where originally gonna do but some idiots literally got fired over it and went to intel/elsewhere
Raja is a fucking flaming moron and ruined rtg for 6 years+ with his faggot shit way worse than bulldozer did for the CPU side
Lol 2080ti used go for 1000usd+ here so good luck if your outside of the States I can literally buy them cheaper new
Ausfags can get fucked fuck our gay used market as well
A massive boost being? People are getting Vega 56 for 200ish used now and they cream every thing south of a 1070ti 590

Palit RTX2060

For QHD

Attached: e889876f-df1d-4905-a1bc-df9127fa826c.png (344x426, 314K)

i was looking into that but im worried that it won't overclock as high because i get a bad binned chip

It works pretty good and in benchmarks it is superior to a 2080 but slightly below a 2080 Ti. I paid $650 for it so I think it was a pretty good deal. Performance is going up with every single driver update so I think AMD still has a little work to do.

I'm using external monitors so latency isn't an issue. Because it doesn't have to pass a signal back to a internal monitor (which I don't have anyways since I'm using a NUC8i7HVK) the latency isn't any more than a normal PCIE connection because Thunderbolt 3 is just 4 lanes of PCIE and interfaces directly with the motherboard.

It's pretty nice because I move my NUC around and the eGPU acts like a docking station for all my peripherals and monitors as well as providing extra performance so I can get 144 FPS.

Oh no totally it will depend if AMD can do jack shit with Navi or Intel GPUs save the world, I expect at best to pay 800$ for a 2080ti in 18 months

I have an rx580. Did I fuck up?

This. Great card. I don't see myself upgrading any time soon

Have a GTX980.

I'm at the stage where I'm starting to consider upgrading but a 2070/2080 wouldn't be big enough of an improvement to be worth it but the next gen cards are a year away. Hurry the fuck up you goddamn jews

Attached: 1534449859877.png (1000x1000, 1.23M)

>the best costs more than others
Who would have thought? When you can afford them without noticing it who gives a shit. Companies aren't going to lower their price because poorfags don't want to pay.

running this piece of shit. Its not to bad, but I had to lower the clock speeds and power draw a bit because it ran too hot. Got it used. Didn't take it apart to swap out thermal paste, so that might be why its so hot. Going to do that later once my 2TB HDD arrives, which when it does I'm unplugging the PSU, blowing all the dust out of the PC, putting everything back in, and then attempting decent cable management.

Attached: 201606301.png (1000x1000, 184K)

Check this out, it's all you need.
youtu.be/G7TV_FoDyhg

>massive boost being
I guess 144hz at 1440p or some shit at ultra, enough to make me want to upgrade my monitor as well. Vega looks like a nice upgrade but I can wait a few years to upgrade my gpu since I’ll probably just be playing xcom and other not as demanding games.

depends how much you paid for it

And by then a nvidia 3080 will be cheaper/faster
Intel will have their own gpus
And amd a Arcturus whatever the fuck it's called cheaper as well

200 bucks with 2 free new games (RE:2 rmk, DMC5)

>1060 6GB
>i5 4670K
>16gb DDR3
It's perfect for 1080p. I'm surprised at how well my cpu still handles modern games, except maybe super cpu intensive games like Vermintide.

those mini gpus are notorious for running too hot. repasting it won't do much. they're designed to fit in mini itx cases and perform the bare minimum turbo speeds.

Not gonna get that under 500 new for another year minimum as new games will be pretty heavy
Do the thermal paste
My 1080 g1 tri fan cooked itself paste dried out in under a year

Yeah, but its weird. I barely lowered everything and it went from constantly hitting 70-80 to never reaching there. Messing with custom fan speed settings helped too.

a tad expensive, it was on sale on and off for like 160 sometimes

Siege is way worse tho
Vermintide is under rated as fuck I should play it more I've got 2 as well
Also this.
Sadly
It's basically a mobile gpu

1050Ti with a Ryzen 3 2200g. I think I need a upgrade soon.

>2 free games (each costs 60 bucks)
If that user was interested in those 2 games then its an amazing deal.

Why for AMD you always recommend the RX570/580? What's the matter with 590 and Vega?

You will always need to upgrade soon if you always buy low end. Just save up some coin if you can. You will be in gaymen heaven for a while before you start to even feel like it's hitting high/mid range which is still nice.

I got the same setup but with a i7 2600k. It really is ideal for 1080p.

Im sorry I mean you can get it at 160 + those 2 games deal as well around 2 months ago, not just 160 for only the gpu
I got mine at bestbuy at the time, it lasted only couple days though

Drop in a 3xxx series 8 core 4ghz one when they come then get a used 1080ti or 64 they are good and give a 2080 a run for its money

590 isn't worth the price increase for like maybe a 10% difference in performance. Vega can be good but you need to find it on sale.

>Want a better cooler
>Too scared to mess around to install it

AMD fanboys are poor and those cards are expensive. There's your answer.

Attached: 1548619731100.gif (407x304, 2.55M)

Vega 56.

I wanted two of the three games it came with, between that and a 1070 at the same price with a fortnite meme bundle, the choice was obvious.

Why shouldn't I get a refurbished 1070 off of zotac?

Attached: 1552166375177.png (343x295, 115K)

590 is fine
Vega is ok until you get to the 56 then it's deminishing returns the 64 is barely faster and the 64lc and 60 7nm are terrible

200 Euros was the cheapest I could get. Feels bad living in EU.

Attached: 1552409335852.jpg (1024x600, 49K)

I was gonna buy a radeon 7 but it's overpriced hot garbage with no future proofing unlike turing

1080 and running most shit on 1080p 144hz

I have 2080 Strix and NOTHING runs at 144fps when going at 1440p. I have an i5 6600k running at a stock 3.4 - 3.8 Ghz. Will upgrade to Zen 2 for that 5 Ghz goodness.

It's a shame AMD can't get their shit together with their GPUs because then they could actually do something about the ridiculous price of turing. At least Zen was a knock out for the most part even though I still bought an 9600k due to the FX debacle.

It may have been mined with meaning the fans are noisy or on the verge of dying.

Plus zotac uses micron/hynix gddr5 memory which is known to overclock worse than samsung memory.

because you want something that's reliable and backed by warranty instead of something that can shit the bed irreversibly in a month or two

RX-580.

How much?
It's a low end midrange tier card now a 1650 is similar
LMAO should have got a ti

But the real question, what case you got?

Attached: 154223_large.jpg (800x800, 66K)

2080/9600k @ 4.8ghz and everything runs at 1440p 144hz except Kingdom Come. I get like 90fps maxed in that.

1080ti, I'm going to completely skip the 20xx generation, maybe look at 7nm Navi if it turns out to be good.

>$800 gpu with a sub $200 cpu
There's your problem. Not having hyperthreading is hugely detrimental these days.
In the meantime at least try to see if you can get a 6700k used at a good price.

Kingdom Come has CPU optimization issues so nobody can get that game running above 100 FPS consistently even with a 9900k+2080ti.

>2080ti with a 6600k
lol
I have that case and getting pic related

Attached: lian li.jpg (1200x1200, 115K)

Navi isn’t going to be an upgrade exactly. It’s gonna be refreshed Vega at (supposedly) much lower prices, like a v56 at rx570 prices. I’m personally waiting for all the retarded upgrade fags to upgrade to navi and buy the v64 they’re getting rid off for dirt cheap.

I enjoy my components well done.

Attached: dana4.jpg (650x269, 48K)

1070ti with a 4690k on a 1440p 165hz screen. Don't get max hurts on everything but I'm more than content for now and the I5 does fine with what I play. May consider upgrading my CPU next year or the year after though.

When are the 7nm CPUs and GPUs dropping? That will be the big upgrade right there.

>big upgrade
No it won't. Lower thermals and thats it. AMD can't do shit with GPUs.

RX580

Using open-source Linux drivers (mesa).

Unironically the open source AMD OpenGL driver in mesa is better than AMD OpenGL on Windows.

Fractal R6

Beautiful case, everything is easy to work with, doesn't let dust in.

Attached: be8caaf8-e2b1-470e-8ae8-b8d7d9293203.png (1200x1000, 1.43M)

I reckon at least 5 years until amd gets its shit together for the gpu division.
It took the CPU guys 6 but amd has more money now and the brain drain has fucked off plus they have mcm infinity fabric hbm and working 7nm on their side
I dare say by 2025 they should be back at parity with 2nd gen Arcturus but until then? Nope I reckon navi will be meh considering its 1080 Ti tier performance they promised 2 years ago with Vega 3 years later except its cheap
Basically the new polaris on a die shrink with tweaks so think 590 on roids
Doubt it will be much faster
>using a quad core CPU in 2020-0.7
You brought this on yourself should have got a 8700k at least but oh wait that's right incel cucked you lot and made you buy another mobo on the same socket lol
Ain't touched their shit since 2014 fuck them
Also all those security leak patches are killing performance
Lol why the fuck get a 1440p screen let alone 165hz with a 5 years old midrange CPU and a downie 1080?
Dunno what u play but mine struggled 2k 60hz minimum with a 2700x depending on the games

Why do people think navi will be good? It's another gcn based housefire. I doubt it will even touch the 1660ti performance/power efficiency.

Paid $60 for this Rosewill case and it came with a free RGB keyboard+mouse. I'm not totally excited about the design but it has very great airflow, 360mm front radiator support, and a tinted tempered glass window that looks nice when illuminated.

Attached: V08.jpg (1280x960, 135K)

Watercooled 1080ti. Gets the job done.

Vega launched with unfinished drivers, never got primitive shaders and you have to undervolt to get the most out of it. The drivers are better now but it's old and power hungry so unless you want to stress test it to see how far you can undervolt then buy it if it's super cheap.

I was laughing that someone recommended an 2080ti with a 6600k.

GTX 770

F U T U R E P R O O F

30%+ so no shit gains actually
Mcm hasn't hit gpus yet either which is where big gains will be.
Gpus are essentially still (single core) Monolithic due to latency and architecture issues
Nvidia and amd cores are already large as fuck so they have to do it eventually even 5nm has meh gains over 7nm
And I'm laughing a Intel cuck being cucked by Jewish incels
6 8 0 r e b r a n d

1080ti + 2700x master race

>Lower thermals and thats it.
Wrong.
We're going from 14nm to 7nm, that not only means we can fit more cores/threads, but the voltage can be reduced leading to higher overclocks for the same wattage output a 14nm would do at lower clocks.

Prim shades work in Linux apparently but there's no games I'm aware of yet.
Nvidia has similar shit already working in vulkan games with adaptive shading but obviously not the same.
Maybe the navi cards will have it in consoles?
What's gonna be funny going forward is that we just have 4k playable and now morons are meming 8k 240hz...
No way gpus are gonna be able to run that in a decade let alone right now

Cemu and yuzu run like absolute trash on amd cards, why is that?

I guess it depends on the games you play but I manage to get 100-165 depending on the title and settings and don't mind turning down some for the smoothness. Not everything is maxing out setting and monitors generally outlast most other parts so it's not like i won't be able to max it out well in the future. What's it with people on Yea Forums and being e-peen whores over specs?

Holy shit this thread took off well worth no sleep
Here's a sage gift for those shitting on the turing 2080ti still look at those lows for the 1080 Ti at 4k ultawide

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-06-32-46-58.png (1920x1080, 177K)

Sounds like you're retarded user because the 1070ti and 1080 are more than fine for 1440p.

CEMU uses the OpenGL API which AMD hasn't bothered optimizing their drivers for in a while because they moved onto Vulkan/DX12.

Not e peen whoring but mismatched specs drive me nuts
Next thing your gonna say is you have 8gb of 1333 memory
Trash drivers ogl extentions

Cemu is proprietary trash software

It's made by one developer and it doesn't have an open source community to help fix things.

Cemu would be improved 1000x if it was open sourced.

Yuzu runs terribly on any system right now. It's not mature enough.

All that tells me is that there is absolutely no reason to upgrade if you already have a 1080ti, especially when you factor in cost.

Don't blame AMD's OpenGL driver for CEMU being trash.

AMD's Windows OpenGL driver isn't great (their open source Linux OpenGL driver is though), but it's not the reason CEMU has problems.

1080ti
I can't wait for summer, it'll turn into a jet.

anyone with a brain can agree the 2080ti is a powerful card, most people's issue's lie with the 400$ Msrp jump between launch 1080ti and 2080ti, the early bird special used to go to the 1200$ Titans but now the titan rtx is a 2400$ card for about 15% more performance over a 2080ti, Nvidia's being assholes cuz they winning to hard

If your playing older games or newer ones with settings turned down.
I usually aim for 100hz bare minimum fuck letting shit get below that and having shit response times / latency on the game engine side.
Did I say anyone with a 1080 Ti should upgrade? No it's a great card probably nvidias best last reasonable high end card but it's twice as slow in some games at 4k 60hz which is what it was designed for back in 2017
Hate the fan curve on my 1080
WHIRRRRRRRR

CEMU plans to utilize Vulkan by next year which will provide a gigantic FPS boost to AMD GPUs and fix the problems that are OGL exclusive.

>not wanting 8k 240hz ut99
AMD's Windows drivers have bad OpenGL support, Linux MESA drivers are much better.
At least it's getting Vulkan soon, if the Wii U had a bigger library I could totally see Cemu going the way of PCSX2's reliance on hacks. I think Decaf gets a few commits here and there but it's still far away from Cemu.

Attached: silverstone-sugo-sg07b-600w.jpg (1920x1532, 383K)

Buying a 1660 ti, not planning to be "permanent" in the sense that I'll just use it for a year tops then sell it, hopefully new cards will be out by then, don't want to buy overpriced rtx shit.

What would be the best model?
I remember years ago people recommended evga but things change

Attached: 1552971639066.jpg (600x665, 149K)

> I think Decaf gets a few commits here and there but it's still far away from Cemu.

I still think CEMU must have got a leaked dev kit, or documents under NDA from Nintendo.

While the CEMU dev may be the only one who could create a Wii U emulator using leaked documents , if it was open source other people would fix the minor shit that he obviously can't.

Can't go wrong with any popular retailer brand. Just be aware of the which model you choose from each brand. The small cards have worse cooling, the dual fan cards vary by heatsink design, the triple fan cards don't make a lot of sense for a mid range GPU unless you plan to overclock the hell out of it.

970 gtx i've had since launch in 2014

no plans to upgrade it in the foreseeable future, i don't play anything made this decade

evga is good just don't spend more than 279$ for a base card because I saw nicer cooler ones for around 330$ and at that point you might as well as buy a rtx 2060 for 20$

So?
It's not like amd are helping the situation and would and have done the same thing back in the ati days
Monopolies are always bad.
The 2080 ti has a fuck huge die poor yields and expensive gddr6 memory no way nvidia are making as much as they did with pascal hence the 2x price increases for roughly 2x performance gains
I dsr 8k mad max it was cash literally no shimmer
240hz would be orgasmic but no card is gonna run 8k 60fps for at least 5 years let alone 120 240+
That would need a 10x performance increase over turing
Not
Going
To
Happen
By the time cards can run it there will be 16 32k it's never ending

I have a GTX 650 Ti, but I recently ordered an RX 560 to replace it.

>close friend buys 2080ti
>sells me his evga 1080ti for only $250

Attached: 924.gif (450x300, 1.54M)

>but it's twice as slow in some games at 4k 60hz

20% gains for 2080Ti means the 1080Ti is twice as slow

Attached: 1545788926897.png (488x463, 28K)

did you also buy him a beer afterwards

Mfw my 1080 is worth like 500 monopoly dollarydoos

picked up a 1080ti last August for $600. I knew the 2080 was coming out and ended up not being that much better at all.

like, 250. I just like the idea that they have to make sure it works before they send it to me.

Bought a 1060 3GB, that's enough VRAM for me because all I play is FFXIV, MHW, and emulators.

Attached: solder high.png (812x800, 50K)

>20% gains on unoptimized shit that's draw core heavy and most likely api/engine bottle necked
Uhuh thus confirming your retardation
You could throw a card as twice as powerful as 2080ti and still have shit scaling in those games
Thank fuck vulkan is finally main stream and the only good thing to come out of Google amd and Linux in a very long time
Sounds meh u could get a 56 that's faster for around that

my nigga just got that case, last case was a corsair C70

>still have my 970
>have yet to run into something I can't play at 1080 60

Attached: 1554881318946.png (442x400, 182K)

You'll see at best 40% with an OC and driver optimization vs no more pascal support, it's a good card

Attached: 33%.png (2483x1606, 1.03M)

1070 FE. It was a great upgrade from my first card; an msi 960 2gb. It's actually too fast for my current i5 so I'm planning on slapping it into a fresh build once i can afford to get a motherboard and cpu to match

>unoptimized shit that's draw core heavy and most likely api/engine bottle necked

Which means if that gets optimized the 1080Ti would also boost in fps. You genuinely must be retarded to say the 2080Ti is TWICE as fast. Nobody's debating that it's the most powerful card on the market but nowhere near as to where you set it to be, as proven by the charts you yourself posted. Not one of those has a 50% increase in performance.

GTX 980 Ti, graphics progress has slowed to where it barely feels worthwhile to upgrade. Maybe in another couple years

3750k @4.2GHz
1440 144hz
Maybe finally upgrade this year and not play everything low/med

also you could away just play 4K high instead of 4K ultra, you don't even need more than 2x AA at 4K

I have a 980TI which is great for my CRT Monitor

Uhuh
It's still better than the radeon 7 that is genuinely 2x the price and barely faster than a 1080ti slower than a 2080 with worse thermals and power use
/discussion
Why compare it against a card you can't even buy anymore? If this was launch time last year I'd agree and I still do but now it's different

The thing is that I see a lot of single fans, which seems quite shitty.
So I should just go double fan, under 280 and top brands like gigabyte and evga?
I've heard msi can be quite shitty nowadays, both in build quality and specially costumer support and RMAs

>970
OK not too ba..
>3750k @4.2GHz
Not too ba...
>1440 144hz
Why? Whyyyyyyy
>Maybe finally upgrade this year and not play everything low/med
I mean sure but to actually get 1440p 144hz fps your gonna have to shell out seriously $$$ to eveb approach maxed out settings

cheap, looks cheap too, but at the same time I really like the look of it for whatever reason. Nothing special at the end of the day though.

Attached: 2345343454.jpg (425x319, 12K)

because ebay and used markets exist meaning anyone smart would buy a 400$ 1080ti instead of a 2080 cuz "muh warranty"

>you could get a 56 for around that
yeah, on ebay. I don't trust that as much as a direct manufacturer. I could get a 1070 for like, flat 200 on ebay too. Also, doesn't it take up more power?

My poverty brother. My machine does what I need it to for now, but yeah it's gonna be upgrade time soon.

Msi are the new gigabyte their coolers are horrible garbage
You'd be better off with literal garbage like zotac
And yet that 1080 Ti would and does struggle in 4k 60hz especially minimum
It's not fit for my use case hence why I didn't buy it.
Sorry it pisses you off so much someone on the dole has better gpu than you
Nah that's a meme my 56 sipped power I never even udner volted it.

Attached: lonely_and_horny.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487430
this EVGA one has a beefy little heatsink that's why its a 3 slot card or the Gigabyte card near it isn't bad looking either

A golden sample Vega 64 that shits on any 1080.
Considering putting it under water at the moment.
Might upgrade in a year or so though, since I'm making a new build when Zen 2 arrives.

Attached: unknown.png (446x223, 13K)

GTX860M

>A golden sample Vega 64 that shits on any 1080.
For double the power and thermals
>Considering putting it under water at the moment.
This is fine
>Might upgrade in a year or so though, since I'm making a new build when Zen 2 arrives.
Mkay Righto mate as a 1080 owner your a Willie fuck it I'm fapping and going to sleep it's 7am

The GTX Titan.

Still plays every game 1080p @ 60fps so why would I upgrade?

Attached: 314025-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan.jpg (1000x821, 88K)

Titan V sli
Waiting for an upgrade

Because a card that uses 1/4 of the power is faster

RTX 2060

My 2500K is holding it back a bit.

This guy knows what's up.

I picked up a second hand 1070TI for $360 AUD delivered so if you're after a big upgrade at a good price that might be a good start.

>Msi are the new gigabyte
No, user, their GPU's don't fall apart in your hands after you unbox them, no matter how poor their fans or heatsinks might be.

>He worries about power consumption

lmao faggot

My CPU eats like 300W lol

Lol I've never seen so many ass hurt 1080 Ti owners
I never said the card was bad I just said it's too slow for 4k 60
Titan rtx sli obviously
>not having 5k usd for gpus just lying around

>For double the power and thermals
980mV on the core doing 220W for those results at 75C.
I'm actually on the reference blower, and the cooling is the bottleneck though. I'd probably get much higher scores with water, since I can do about 1620Mhz at 980mV and going higher isn't hard, it just thermal throttles.
And what the fuck is that third reply? I am going to overhaul my computer with whatever the 3700X is, currently have a 1700X and it's the bottleneck in my system, though I'm very happy with the results I get at 1080p Ultrawide 144hz.

Still kickin'

Attached: 123456576575.jpg (458x394, 40K)

>want to play games on 1440p 144hz
>but also want IPS for muh colors for anime

why are monitors so fucking insanely expensive

what the fuck is this brand

gtx 1080, not planning on upgrading for a while.

i think i hit the really sweet spot for a long lasting build. i have a 5820k (six core) and a 1080 that performs pretty similarly even to higher end cards at 4k so i just need to overclock both my gpu and cpu while gaming and i'm gucci.

also upgrading to a 4k TV today, really looking forward to it.

Attached: 1488486719083.jpg (385x318, 33K)

I 9 9900k?
Threadripper?
Xeon?
Tell me about it the fan shroud on my 1080 was abysmal
>1080p ultawide
Lerl chink vision gook eyes enjoy your shit dpi

I'm running a 1070 on 144hz 1440p. It's great for "e-sport games", doesn't maintain 144hz on more demanding titles though. Gsync monitor fills the gap, and the 1070 doesn't dip below 60fps even on max/near max settings.

All this to say, even upgrading beyond 1080p@60fps a 1070 is good to go. Also been fine for current Gen VR.

have a 1070
still good for 1080p 100+ fps on most games aside from the most demanding like ass creed

Yea it's quite the meme
>Buy the new card for RayTracing technology!
>ends up being compatible with previous gen
while I'm glad they did this because I have a 1080ti, this is a very Nivdia move

Attached: raytracememe.png (606x309, 63K)

What's the best, simple monitor I can get for 1080p that doesn't costs a billion dollars?

And beyond that, the bests that follow that but are also 80hz and 100 hz?

Attached: 1547683356136.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

same, just waiting the 1060 price drop a little more.

I can't decide between a CM 500P mesh for muh airflow or a Fractal Define R6 for muh noise and aesthetics

Imagine being a 16:9 60hz cuck lmao.
PS I also have a 4k monitor for work, but 4k is for retards since you can't buy anything that would do 144hz at that resolution nor are there monitors that are 4k and 144hz that don't cost as much as an entire system.

>gtx 1080, not planning on upgrading for a while.
You will
>i think i hit the really sweet spot for a long lasting build. i have a 5820k (six core) and a 1080 that performs pretty similarly even to higher end cards at 4k so i just need to overclock both my gpu and cpu while gaming and i'm gucci.
Gucci zoomer no way that 1080 can do 4k hell it struggled at 2.5k 3k 60hz
4k was off the table unless 30fps is ok for u
>also upgrading to a 4k TV today, really looking forward to it.
Based I'll get one soon desu

i9, 2080ti, 4K master race reporting for duty.

To be fair, the 10 series cards don't do Ray-tracing well. 1080 ti is clearly the best of the GTX cards at it, but still not very good.

is it overclocked?

Chinkchong home band
Here in aus we have kogan they use Samsung panels
Nah I'm going to 34" 21:9
Had a 29 21:9 it was just too short length wise literally manlet tier it was smaller than a 17" height wise

Just got a new rig with a 2060 as well.
I'm still sticking with 1080p, as I'd rather be on the safer side in terms of performance, so I'm good for now.

But my monitor is 34 inches.

I had a 1080, you can play most things at 4K medium to high, it's not about ultra because 4K Low kills 1080p Ultra

100% this

Oh yeah no my 1080ti got like 20 fps in all the RT demos, but they are very pretty and once devs get it going it will be very cool

1080 ti fe. Pretty good card.

I have the rx 560 2gb. I literally only have it because it came my prebuilt pc. I plan to upgrade to a rx 570/580 or maybe a 2070 if I really wanna be set for the future

if you've ever followed graphics cards in the last decade, you'll know this doesn't happen. The only lower price option you'll have is used.

The best time to buy a new card is a few weeks before or right at the release of the newest generation.

Attached: trend.gpu.chipset.geforce-gtx-1070-ti.f9558f3b4042831880d4be9c287e4cd2.png (1134x348, 47K)

Lol at 1080p the dpi would be abysmal
>blower
>paying more for a shit cooler
Nope the pascal fe where always shit unlike turing where they where a huge improvement

>simple monitor I can get for 1080p that doesn't costs a billion dollars?
depends on if you mostly play multiplayer games (144hz tn monitors) or single player games (1080p +60hz VA or IPS monitor). either way if you're strapped for cash you should buy used. you can find second hand monitors on offerup, ebay and mercari.

>can do 4k hell it struggled at 2.5k 3k 60hz
i'm fine with lowering settings for the trade off of HDR colors, i don't think we're at a point where we have a single gpu thats ready for max setting 4k 60 fps gaming so for now we're all settling.

1080ti and 2080 are very comparable cards.

1050ti but it does get bottlenecked in games due my 6GB of ram or my i3 3220 depending on the games. Otherwise its been serving me good for the 2 years I had it as well I got it for 104.99$ before the mining boom.

Attached: 1553630357445.png (399x428, 190K)

Not to mention the 2080 is marginally better for double the price and half the FPS with that RTX

It's good enough for me for the distance I play at.
I've used 4k and 5k screens at work as a video editor extensively, and the 1080p doesn't bother me for the gaming rig at home.
I wanted to get 1440p, but at the time I got my monitor there were no ultrawides that were both 1440p and 144hz, so I had to settle for 1080p. Bonus is that 1080p runs better.
Might upgrade to a 1440p or 1600p UW in a year or two when the new monitor tech arrives.
I'm not the kind that likes to upgrade monitor too often.

If you could still buy the 1080 Ti new I'd say yes but it's not 2018 anymore
Just get a higher res screen dood I don't even have to tell you why since you already use em.
4k 144hz screens are common place

A 970, no reason to upgrade on 1080p

Where are all these non-used 1080ti for $400?

Same as OP except it's a 2080, Gigabyte Gaming OC. Incredible at 1440p/165hz gsync, can't imagine playing on console or a tv ever again

Literally had no problems with my 1080 ti fe. Guess i'm just supposed to hate it because some loser on Yea Forums has some personal problem with it lol right

>hurt just turn settings down durr

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-07-30-19-88.png (1920x1080, 166K)

There are no 4k 144hz UW screens out there though. I have a very specific desire for what kind of monitor I want for my gaming rig at home.
144hz minimum, IPS or VA with 1ms strobe mode, Freesync, good color accuracy and brightness, 34 inch.
I am on the lookout for new ultrawide monitors all the time, got my eye on the new 1440p 200hz ones that just got announced.

Not planning on 144hz, the problem is that I play both a lot.
144hz also takes a big investment that I'm not planning to make for worse performance in single player stuff, it's still ways off for this to become the standard.

So my idea would be a compromise of both and get a 80-100 hz screen

>Xeon?
X5670 @ 4.4GHz

>muh it can't handle x at y
Fuck retards like you. Most games run fine on certain gpus so long as you're not a settings whore.

>hurrr 4k isn't playable at max
? This is at 4k 16:9 3840x1620p

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-07-31-53-16.png (1920x1080, 173K)

I just have a 1070 :/

Enable a fps overlay and prove to me it doesn't dip that low
Go on I'll wait I'll even make another thread

>while I'm glad they did this because I have a 1080ti
Isn't performance absolutely dogshit though?

1% lows, you really are dumb now aren't you

That's unplayable dude. 100FPS MINIMUMS for me or nothing.

yeah i'm not interested in dropping that much money to play video games m80. i'll be fine on my overclocked 1080 until 3xxx.

boards.Yea Forums.org/v/thread/458309186boards.Yea Forums.org/v/thread/458309186458309186
Loo
Poo
Nooo

1080, literally no reason to upgrade.

we're in a tech boom for monitors as standards settle and what consumers figure they want congeals, it's going to be a while before we cycle down to where we were a decade ago or so, but it most likely will happen