Why does Yea Forums suck his dick so much?

Why does Yea Forums suck his dick so much?
This man brainwashed the masses into accepting online DRM and he singlehandedly killed physical media forever.

Attached: 3467543234127.jpg (269x188, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCOAbkTs_a4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tiananmen Square

Winnie the pooh

Are you triggered yet?

gabe is based imagine running a billion dollar company and just sitting on your ass playing dota 2 bot matches all day

He made some very great video games before he realized that selling games is what actually made money

>t. zoomer

is this what Steam cucks call a comeback?

>brainwashed the masses into accepting online DRM
It was better than the alternatives. DRM back then was a fucking disaster. Some forms could even destroy hardware.

He has done more damage to gaming than anyone else

Being a lesser than two evils back then is an argument in bad faith. because "bad DRM" is no longer and GOG launched. Steam is no longer the lesser of two evils it is evil itself.

He makes kickass games.

Attached: F91885FA-90DD-4FBF-8B69-6AE0F8E39785.jpg (460x215, 29K)

Trail of Tears

Executive Order 9066

Drumpf is orange

doesn't work :)
we got the 1st amendment bitch

Physical media still exists, but digital media is more convenient and easy. Stay mad. He basically did to retailers what Netflix did to theatres.

The Tiananmen Square pasta doesn't work either nigger. It just shows what a boomer you are in thinking it actually works.

Absolutely not. He's one of the last bastions of a proper and legitimate business model with good service and good morals. He managed to get pirates like me to start buying games because his service was so streamlined and well done. I WANTED to get the benefits of Steam support and not just pirate my games now.

digital is better than physical, so its a good thing.

This. Physical only works in the country the media is made, and everyone else gets fucked in the ass.

>>This man brainwashed the masses into accepting online DRM and he singlehandedly killed physical media forever.
Physical media for PC died this generation because games became so fucking huge they required a row of CDs to install since the majority of PC users don't have blu-ray disc readers so they couldn't go with that option
Sure, Steam is a DRM but considering all of the disc versions of PC games last gen required GFWL, Steam was the better alternative and actually kept PC gaming alive

Attached: 13683289587435.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>good morals
>allows money grubbing DLCs and abandoned Early Access games on his platform
>allowed paid mods on his platform and tried to spin it as a good thing
Good morals my ass. The cult of personality around Gabe is Steve Jobs tier level of hyperbole

arguments for digital over physical:
-games are available everywhere, you dont have to pay import costs, or have to hope that the shop will accept foreign credit cards
-games are longer available. while physical copys stop being produced after a while, digital will allways be available, which allows you to purchase games that are out of store since years
-its more convenient to buy. i dont have walk 20 minutes to a store, hoping they have a copy
-more games in general. smaller indie devs cant afford to produce tons of physical copys and bring them to the man, digital allows them to set their games online onto stores like steam
-the game doesnt break. while cd's can break, digital cant.

your turn physicalfags. just in case: steam will go offline and you lose all your games doesnt count since steam can reach game in offline mode without internet connection

physical media was on its way out regardless, you think because valve didn't do it no one else would?
look at the movie industry and the music industry, physical purchases are a thing of the past, reserved only for collectors

>"bad DRM" is no longer
Are we going to pretend denuvo doesn't exist?

He'll probably pretend Denuvo has no performance impact.

The lesser evil in comparison to other companies.

No matter how many times you try to spin it StarForce and SecuROM were lightyears worse than Denuvo

Doesn’t work on you because you’re a Canadian

>he singlehandedly killed physical media forever.
Based.

>Securom
>games for windows live

shut up fagget he single handedly saved PC gaming from horrible DRM shit

>implying it wasn't netflix that did all those

People like to pretend that valve is the sole reason why companies started switching to digital and using mass microtransactions to milk people for money. It gets the (you)s.

Just give it a couple years and hit him again, he’ll be a chinaman soon

denuvo makes games suck, old DRM made your computer die.

>Implying killing physical media is a bad thing in the year 2019

Attached: 11008599_422947114541394_4447800754726808861_n.jpg (640x411, 24K)

DRM free physical copies have less DRM than GoG. GoG is just as bad and anti consumer as Steam.

and thats a good thing

>implying I would prefer disallowing developers from putting up whatever they want

Go censor your balls, loser.

He popularized most of the cancers plaguing gaming. His business model is barely a business, giving him money on Steam is a glorified donation.
I started pirating because of Steam, I have never wanted to pay for a download license. All I wanted was for developers to stop putting DRM on their physical releases.
Used to pay $50 max for a physical copy that is better than today's collector's editions,now you are expected to pay for a download license because of that fat kike, well fuck him I switched to piracy.
>bragging about using a console wannabe platform
>bragging about giving a glorified donation to an obese kike
>getting mad at someone for refusing to give (((Gabe))) money
Drones like you prove OP right about being brainwashed
Valve has never made a good game. Half Life 2 is easily the most over rated game of all time and has done more damage to gaming than any other game.

>hate all DRM, including Epic AND steam
>this somehow makes me a steam shill

Epic shills are this retarded, and not a single one on this entire site will ever offer a rebuttal or prove this wrong.

Attached: Untitled.png (574x432, 396K)

You know he didn't invent digital distribution right? None of what you said makes sense. He provided an avenue to get digital content really easily and fast and his service is stable and well maintained. Stay upset. Call me a drone all you want you just sound like an angry retard.

Yea Forums during any controversy is like 80% shills in the dedicated threads
in the ebin gamestore vs steam threads we had a massive influx of traffic and 5 active threads up at the same time, thats almost reaching levels of active school shooter news reports on Yea Forums, for a fucking gamestore buying an IP.

Obviously no user can 100% prove that theyre shills but its extremely obvious, and there is nothing you can doabout it, they will derail and spew fallacies and ad hominem and swing the opinion of the feeble mind

>being this contrarian
give it up, Fortnite zoomertranny

Music - digital delivery
movies - digital delivery
news and information - digital delivery
video games - digital delivery

Get with the times, you goon. That man is what made PC the goddamn master race.

Attached: wiUt9.jpg (960x722, 84K)

Piracy is more convenient, the only time it isn't is when developers sabotage their games by releasing it unfinished without an update, MP requiring authorization by centralized servers like Steam servers, etc.
Piracy is the only acceptable form of digital. Paying for digital distribution cannot be justified
Flash drives exist and all computers can read them without an extra drive. While I would prefer blu-ray, they could always release games on flash drives. The fact you didn't mention that means you are either a brainlet or brainwashed drone trying to make Valve look better by not mentioning it.

Everyone gets fucked in the ass with digital

Not my entire country nor my neighbours.

Did you just get here from 2009? Yea Forums has hated him for a while.

>Why does Yea Forums suck his dick so much?
HUH
even reddit hates the fat lazy fuck now. what kind of rock do you live under?

You know Steam doesn't have mandatory DRM, right? You can buy DRM-free games on Steam.

>Flash drives exist and all computers can read them without an extra drive
While that is true, the price of production goes up significantly as Blu-Ray discs and CDs can both be less than a dollar to produce individually, flash drives would cost dollars and so publishers wouldn't want to work with those

>even reddit hates the fat lazy fuck now.
then you should propably go back.

Most people bitching about steam don't know they can check to see if the game uses steam's DRM by clicking the exe within the game's file to see if it activates steam while it's off.

>online DRM
what
>singlehandedly killed physical media forever
what
physical PC media was already in a steep decline in 2007 (as were sales as a whole)

>and he singlehandedly killed physical media forever.
physical media died the day broadband penetrated the masses, and home and office networks became fast enough. nobody buys music cds anymore. bluray sales and market penetration of set top dvd and bluray players declines year after year. samsung has ceased optical media player production. optical is utterly worthless for any form of data transportation because its also too slow and more and more devices have usb ports. if you wanna share photos or movies you throw them on a phone or thumb drive and plug the drive into the tv or mirror/cast from your phone. if you're work in in an office you dont burn data to a disc anymore, you send it directly over the internet/lan or put it on a thumb drive. entire software systems are ran from internet based solutions. optical media is dead son, and your stuck in the second stage of grief.

>doesn't work either
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=cCOAbkTs_a4