People actually struggled on the most souls-like boss in the game

>people actually struggled on the most souls-like boss in the game

Attached: dd2wmy7-dcfe37d8-ada2-41ab-a001-df5e0ee1d219.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

Just wait till they get to DoH

>It's another FROMisode of "the camera is too close to this big-ass thing so you can barely register what awkward fucking attack it's doing"

The most souls-like boss was the Bull because the easiest way to kill him was to just go behind him and hit him.

DoH took me 4 tries without even using umbrella cheese. Ape rape took me at least 7+ tries. I think the trick is that he has a sword, so you're tempted to parry him, whereas DoH is a straight up BB boss, so old instincts kick in.

>he doesn't know

How can the most Souls-like boss in the game not be the one that's literally Manus?

Great Ape goes down like a bitch once you start parrying him in 2nd form, it's way easier than trying to fight his first form with its gigantic grab hitboxes. If you parry his big slam attack you can stumble him and do a big chunk of damage with the spear.

No thanks I don't like to cheese by making it fall off the map.

post yfw it happened

Attached: 1550910932763.jpg (1280x1360, 1.03M)

>the moment i forget everything I learned from souls, and start parrying enemies while standing infront of them this boss happens
Miyazaki is truly devilish

rape ape is an easy boss but god damn if his moves are hard to learn. there so much extra flair in those deranged animations its hard to distinguish them from another at first.

where do i go after demon of hatred?
both gates are closed, no grappling spots in sight

Attached: 1537762278655.jpg (1023x679, 162K)

God damn this is hard

Attached: 20190412_114714.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

You don't really have anywhere else after that. Parts of Ashina Outskirts stay inaccessible during that part and there's no other way to get back to them.

The DoH arena is meant to be a dead end. The actual main path is toward the reservoir.

That's why they are struggling. By the time they get to guardian ape, they adapted to the Sekiro playstyle. So they want to fight it Sekiro style

Demon of hatred gave me a lot issues until I learned his timings and found out that you're supposed to jump his forward dash, I was using mist raven because it wasn't clear you were supposed to jump. Once you get that, he's not too challenging without cheese. He fucked me up the most so far.

Attached: 50C3E8298A114C5D85550B586B15A685.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

Why wouldn’t most raven work? It’s literally a substitution jutsu save for the piece of wood.

This. Owl is literally impossible to fight.

I laughed when hi MIKIRIed my spear. That was dope

Fitting, seeing how soulbabies never actually beaten a souls boss by themselves.

What happens if you run away after chopping its head off?

Fog wall

Oh it worked, I just ran out of spirit emblems and money. Mfw Isshin is now pushing my shit in while I learn his second phase moveset.

Attached: Horrifying.jpg (480x330, 40K)

Playing with no kuro charm and bell demon is the real challenge. But sure is satisfying when you win

>umbrella cheese
Does the umbrella make him much easier? I didn't even have it unlocked yet when I beat him and the only time I got hit by his fire attacks was when I fucked up and panic blocked instead of sprinting/jumping away.

Fire umbrella can block basically any non-perilous attack he throws at you with no consequences. If you have projected force you can follow up for big damage.

>There, I finally got done kiting and poking this bastard for the last I don't know how long, but why is it taking so long for the body to disap-

Attached: Everything will be Fire.png (698x840, 660K)

I only used it for the attack where he jumps up in the air and smashes down and the fire wave attack and punished him with projected force. Using umbrella on any of his short range attacks is a waste because almost all of them are avoided by just staying close to him and deflecting his stomps.

He's not even close to souls-like.
If you just ignore he's a hulking ape he plays exactly like most Sekiro bosses do. Deflects and goomba stomps. Especially in headless mode.
Demon of Hatred is the real souls boss because while his attacks are deflectable, most of them deal damage through it anyway. That boss' strategy is dodging around him and sticking to his asshole just like souls bosses.

Which makes him a bad boss for Sekiro from gameplay perspective
There is a reason why the chose HIM as the final boss

Attached: 1537654567230.png (961x1400, 990K)

First form is just move around and block and wack him

Second form is run from fear and parry his sword shit. Super fun boss

He was fun and I felt a great achievement for beating him. There are way worse bosses in the game, specifically the Shaman. It was either piss easy and an instant win or you got blown out for lacking resources or techniques

Shaman?

Think he means Shichimen warrior

I spent 4 hours fighting Shichimen because I didn't realize I needed confetti and Miyazaki was just telling me to git gud. Then failed two tries with divine confetti, when I finally got him my heart was beating so fast because fuck farming confetti.

This was actually the worst part of the DoH fight. The camera just isn't suited to fighting enemies larger than you and shits the bed.

Later on you can buy an infinite amount, and prior to that if you unlock the lilac umbrella you can use that against Shichimen warriors. Even after unlocking infinite confetti I stuck to the umbrella because it's more consistent.

all you need is the purple shield, you just turtle walk with it on and absorb every orb in the room. Then you unleash your attack out of it and chunk his hp. Repeat this 10 times and you win.

He's just an obnoxious asshole. You hit him until he teleports to the other side of the room and laser blasts you twice.

Both the blast and the teleportation are used to waste time so your confetti runs out or waste purple gourd charges until eventually you get terrored. Even the umbrella is designed to waste confetti. Yeah, you can air deathblow him but he never fucking does that attack.

Shichimen is nearly as anti-fun as Headless.

I'm surprised you feel this way. Not any of those anons, but Schichimen were just so ezpz I hardly gave them a second thought. Pop confetti and pacifying agent and then just sprint at them and mash R1. They die before your confetti runs out.

>even umbrella

I waste nothing. I just hold the shield and shuffle over to him. By the time I get to him I've absorbed 10+ orbs and take off 25 percent of his health. It was so easy.