Is amiibo collecting still a thing or am I following a dead cause?

Is amiibo collecting still a thing or am I following a dead cause?

Attached: 20190412_101007.jpg (4032x1960, 2.08M)

Collecting anything is better when the mainstream hype dies

it was a thing in 2017 again with the switch but its dead again

There are still people that collect all the new ones, I only get them if I like the character. Gib Dark Samus amiibo pls.

The smash line is alright because it's the only way that the trophies idea can live on with Ultimate
Everything else is kinda superfluous and not worth keeping track of/going out of your way for. For the non-smash lines, I just pick up whatever I think is cool.

Are you seriously doing something ONLY because others are doing it? Don't be a fucking faggot. Do or don't by your own volition.

When is that one coming out? I need it to help balance out my Ridley

I never understood collecting them, yet buying them. There is no real value at all. They are for literal manchilds

Attached: 2055514187F84F1487E17155E2041188.gif (500x375, 373K)

No. I bought it cause I wanted it. I was just curious if collecting them was still a big deal

No clue, they haven't announced any details yet. Hopefully it'll be in the next wave.

I don't undestand. Are you buying it because you like it? Then who gives a fuck, do what you want. If you're buying it because you think they're going to be worth big money someday or something superficial, you are 2-INT.

I bought Tom Nook because I've always liked him and because he was $2
>muh jew racoon xd
Not his fault that you're a poorfag

I bought Charizard a couple weeks ago because genwun. Other than those two maybe I'll get Snake and that's it.

Attached: 1536878368814.jpg (540x540, 155K)

Animal crossing killed amiibo

No, I wanted it. Their later value means nothing to me. I have the oot link which apparently is super rare and I just bought it cause it looked nice. I was just curious if the hobby was still active

I actually scored a similar deal with the Palutena amiibo. I wasn't specifically hunting her down, but when my local toys r us was closing, they had a shit ton for like, 3 bucks. And since I already had Pit and Dark Pit, I went ahead and finished the set

I still keep up with them but it definitely isn’t as fun without the hype. It also doesn’t help that most major retailers don’t really give them shelf space anymore. When you can’t even find multiple amiibo at GameStop it’s kind of sad. Toys R Us was like amiibo heaven and they’re gone now. My biggest problem with them now is the dust and the shelf space.

When Yoshi doesn't get another set of Amiibo you know it is dead.

I want to complete my smash set.
I still miss Bayonetta from Smash 4 (4 in stock were I bought them, saw a lady in front of me the day of release with all of them in her cart, fuck that Bitch).
Now I don't have any money and I'm mad as fuck.
Tell me, what are the rarest new smash amiibo right now?

Dead off hand, I couldn't tell you. I know smash 4 amiibo are rarer than ultimate amiibo. You can apparently find Ridley for normal price. I'd say Ness, Fem Corrin, Player 2 Cloud and Player 2 Bayonetta are the rarer ones

USA?
I saw a lot of Ness amiibo here in France

I have a bunch of them that I regret. I wish I only bought the characters that I really liked. Gonna get Jokers and that’s it for me

i have a few, mostly ones i liked but i never did much with them.

they are just stacked in a corner at the moment as i had to evacuate my basement due to the midwest flooding 3-4 weeks back.

Attached: DSCN1499.jpg (1224x918, 344K)