What went wrong?

Attached: D8133A38-C46A-411B-B5EF-27E88C1BD36B.png (1536x1377, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4ziiQoErw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

plotholes, focused too much on phoenix, weak antagonist, etc etc

Series needs to move away from these characters

Forcing Phoenix back into the story when Trial & Tribulations was the perfect ending for him.

Press here to win the case
Also heres the magatama but with none of the background.

everything
>sugar sugar

case 3
ending twist and nick shilling
uhh that's about it for what I can remember

>DGS is just as bad as AJ
What went wrong?

Attached: 1554579838547.jpg (400x240, 20K)

Sequel setup.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4ziiQoErw
Let's watch that video again.

shit taste

that song was pretty bad. what were they thinking

First case is the most entertaining but it sets a bad precedent of Phoenix taking the spotlight from Apollo.
Second case is a mediocre filler case, not the worst thing ever but very forgettable.
Third case is arguably the worst filler case in the entire series. Tedious and nonsensical.
Fourth case is also nonsensical and the original trilogy's sprites clash horribly with the new ones. Yet again Apollo is pushed to the sidelines in favor of Phoenix's revenge plot. Then it ends with a cliffhanger which to this day has yet to be resolved.

>flashback Phoenix is written as if he’s a completely different person than trilogy Phoenix

You have no idea how mad that made me

They needed a completely new character, not watered down Wright.
And they should’ve saved the character reveal for the end so it feels surprising to find Phoenix and not disappointing that he’s basically more important than protag

Also imho the music is way worse generally speaking, there’s some alright tracks though.

Attached: 9192D815-6216-48B2-937F-9BE0EFFD8779.png (854x480, 551K)

To me, it feels like they wanted to make Apollo Justice into its own series going forward with a new trilogy or something. But that never panned out.

having to trudge through two of the worst filler cases to get to the excellent final case

Daily reminder that Shu Takumi was forced to put Phoenix in the story.

Does phoenix ever bang maya cause he should

TIME TRAVELLING MAGIC LAWYER

>implying
He made them play a "simulation" (read: video game) to make his argument. It's impressive how a story can be more backwards retarded than a Layton game.

Nothing, it was good.

What was bad about the noodle one?

Kind of, but Phoenix wasn't some afterthought as people like to think.
Japanese ministry of justice told them to include him and the jury system (to promote the irl system they were trying out back then) even before they began making the game.

If he can make such a lifelike video game, why didn't he do that instead of mooching off of his prepubescent daughter for 7 years?

>excellent final case

Attached: 497.png (540x300, 64K)

tried to set up a sequel before setting up a good game.

Phoenix Wright focused game while you play as some other guy.

Mooching? He was working a a poker dealer disguised as a pianist for 7 years.

Mediocre AA titles but you gotta admit that part where you play as Phoenix was kino.

I assumed that was basically just archive footage

he was making the future interact with the past. Videos wouldn't be able to alter peoples' responses like that.

I don't think they had cameras at a reclusive artist's studio.

apollo is basically useless without trucy and rock gavin in court.

>he was making the future interact with the past
I don't think he was

At one point you present a bottle of nail polish you find during the present day to somebody in the past

i don't get the hate for this game. it's certainly not the best, but it's better than JFA. AAI2 was the game where i finally dropped this series

>AAI2 was the game where i finally dropped this series
Why's that?

I actually like the change of story and characters in this one, and I never really liked the whole spirit-channeling nonsense from the start. I especially hated how it was a big part of the story through the first 3 games...

>dropping it at the literal peak of the series
>doesn't think AJ is pure shit
it checks out

And then they give Apollo a magic stone

I want marry Phoenix!!

Attached: hot lawyer.jpg (689x828, 194K)

even more handholdy than the past games were. seems like every time the game asks you to present evidence, they give you a big hint as to what you need to present, and it totally ruins the fun of the game. i've heard the same complaint about dual destinies which is why i didn't just skip aai2. also the cases seemed to drag on more than ever. i liked AAI1 and wanted to like AAI2, but i dropped it in the middle of the third case

can you explain why it's the "literal peak"?

characters, development, story, music, "im just messing with you", /ss/, best sprite work and that all the games that follow are worse with the exception of PLvsAA.

>not a single bad case
>not a single filler case
>great cast
>great rival pair
>great music
>cases have minimal bullshit
>cases are midly challenging instead of very obvious
>chess dimension is a great gimmick
>cases have minimal bluffing, most of the time it's just logic and reasoning
>cases are dynamic, with new stuff happening all the time to keep your interest
>culprits aren't absolutely obvious
>Investigations gameplay is just superior to mainline gameplay thanks to making investigation parts more fun
>one of the best if not the best final case in the series
>Miles motherfucking Edgeworth as the main character
It's just the objective best AA game

Attached: GK2_arrival.png (256x192, 19K)

>AJ is pure shit
>overrating AAI2

>one of the best if not the best final case in the series
pfft

It's implied during AJ and the later games that Trucy is the one bringing in the money with her magic shows.

>>cases have minimal bullshit
This is wrong and you know it

you know theres a sequel right? Japan only. Is there a translation patch somewhere?

>magnifi gramarye is gonna die tomorrow

>Pretty good first case to then everything go downhill from there
>Third case probably the worst of the entire series
>Final case being mediocre as fuck while it's usually amazing in any other of the games

>Investigations gameplay is just superior to mainline gameplay thanks to making investigation parts more fun
It's amazing how many people don't bring this up. The investigations games really nailed the investigation segments, imagine if cases like turnabout Samurai had that style of gameplay.

It's corrrect. There is no fluff.

Attached: 7EA12A35-59D6-4C09-B59B-44F182599027.png (300x450, 150K)

That first case is pure nonsense. Making your mentor the culprit didn't worked well because we never had time to bound with him first. It also went from 8 to 80 too quickly, I can't imagine a new player not getting confused if that is their first game.

That's 1. Everyone knows AAI1 is almost as bad as AJ.

>posting an AAI1 character to call AAI2 shit
incredible argument user

Attached: 1507605781334.png (251x188, 20K)

>Implying anything in AJ was good other than the first case
Also point a single flaw of the final AAI2 case

Attached: 1516365465680.png (255x174, 25K)

All build up, no payoff. The final trial in the last case was extremely anti-climactic and doesn't have any of the impact you would expect of a final case.

Attached: 1432409018104.jpg (413x459, 55K)

He was such a waste. Imagine if he played a traditional mentor role though the first 4 cases and the game would naturally builds him up as the big bad by the last case. His brother also doesn’t give enough of a shit about him considering hes a fucking murderer

just finished AAI2, is there any point in starting any of the apollo justices?

really don't like the idea of his character, and i feel like his personality will be completely lackluster compared to edgeworths
i kind of like phoenix so should i just skip apollo and move onto the next PW game or give him a shot?

Attached: 1554675029027.png (514x383, 175K)

I want to get into Ace Attorney. Do I just play in release order?

Attached: 1537660544534.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Yes, retard.

>and move onto the next PW
DD and SJ are secretly AJ2 and AJ3
So play AJ

If you loved the Edgeworth games coming back to any mainline game will feel weird.

Well skipping games in a series is a bad idea because the later entries surprisingly remember they exist and reference them. If you really don’t want to play AJ at least look up a plot summary or something
Absolutely. With the recent rerelease of the AA original trilogy there’s not an excuse anymore. If you don’t want to pay get the first 3 ds roms and play then through emulation

It focused too much on Phoenix, instead of Apollo. IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong wrong though, we didn't even get to break Kristoph's locks and find out what he was hiding. The jury system was also never mentioned again.

SoJ saved Apollo's character though

You can skip AJ and by extension DD and SoJ. But you could just start with SoJ since it's the best out of the 3. You're not really missing much since AJ is terrible and DD is so focused with forcing memes. Maybe once the 4th AJ game comes out there will be a reason to play them all. Just play the VS game.