Now that the dust has settled, is Pyro fixed?

Now that the dust has settled, is Pyro fixed?

Attached: 000.png (250x260, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanana.com/effects/5869
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder how's her gas passer smells like haha

Attached: 1474659303237.jpg (1442x1848, 1.47M)

Besides "spychecking", Pyro's sole purpose is to be annoying. That's why everyone hates Pyros.

It's annoying to be set on fire, more than just being killed

It's annoying to be airblasted

It's annoying to be reflected

Pyro exists to annoy people rather than be an effective class at killing others or capturing objectives.

Fuck Pyro and fuck Pyro mains

Not really, fundamental problems are still there. Least punishing class for the totally clueless 12 year old newcomers, but also the weakest among people who actually know how to play.
It's good that flame particles now match the visuals and don't co crazy because of ping, but a lot of Jungle Inferno changes were a bit misguided and ultimately not great.

>made pyro even more annoying by making his flames damn near blinding

Attached: uhh.png (440x481, 402K)

Whoever gets mad at pyros need to stop going into 32 player instant respawn servers.

If anything he got worse over the years.

In the old days, good pyro players used the degreaser + axetuingisher/flare gun to get combos, while scrubs used the backburner.

Then they nerfed the degreaser and introduced the dragon's fury. There's literally no reason anymore to pick anything other than the dragon's fury and just go w+m1

Before
>flamer useless, dps is a dice roll
>airblast is consistent, you get puffed the same distance and height every time
>combos with flares and melee
>some weapons nerfed to shit
>nobody dies to afterburn
Now
>w+m1 best way to play dps wise
>pyro has now total control over where they send enemies, so you can't predict if you're going up to space or just sliding away
>also smaller airblast cone for harder reflects
>combos don't exist, flare only to kill off enemies while retreating
>old shit mostly still in the useless zone
>all the new shit is awful except maybe the jetpack
>flame particles can't go around corners so you can't take out a sentry in any situation
>also can't see when firing
>nobody dies to afterburn
It was shit.
Degreser has no right to exist. DF is similar with it's burst damage not making up for it's slowness, even when hitting perfectly.
W+m1 went from mind-numbingly boring and useless to just mind-numbing.
Combos were mostly removed, they can't provide enough dps to justify carrying their weapons.
Close combat class doesn't really have a point if everybody else is doing big damage up close.

Attached: the pyro.png (700x700, 367K)

they never addressed it's fundamental flaw so no. As is it will always be either underpowered or hilariously overpowered

Attached: 1523779612532.jpg (1680x1050, 130K)

Attached: 1546521902996.png (466x979, 314K)

>Dragon's Fury
>good after the nerf
Also
>implying DF takes no skill

>>pyro has now total control over where they send enemies
How do you actually use the new airblast? I'm so used to the old one I feel lost now, I used to love popping people into the air and flaring them.

Was best after the degreaser nerf before the pyro update
>no more weapon switch faggotry
>stock buffed and actually really good
at least third degree is still a direct upgrade

I'm still mad the Axtinguisher was nerfed. Pyro is -the- close quarters class, there's no real way to make the flamethrower's M1 interesting so letting him combo with his melee/secondary weapons is just the best way to make him interesting.

Seriously though, how did nobody at Valve realize that it was an awful idea to give 7 out of 9 classes the same melee weapon despite them having vastly different roles?
How did nobody who worked on the Pyro look at his default axe after giving him a flamethrower and ask "why does this exist"?

I’d like the Axtinguisher to crit again now that it puts people out. I’d also like to start a game with the gas passer full. Otherwise he’s fine. Been having a lot of fun using Backburner/Jetpack/Backscratcher.

Aim straigt down - sends them straight up
If you just press it looking at a dude they slide away, you can play around with it and aim varying degrees up to give them height and distance you want. It's kinda like a rocket jump now, you snap down and back.
Set up a tr_walkway and try it out.

Thanks I'll try it out later, but if you need to aim straight down to pop them up, don't you need to be super close to them?

>I'd like to be given an almost guaranteed kill now that it removes one of the weakest Status effects

Excuse me?

Well it takes your position into consideration too, airblast works on same rules as the new flames. If you hit the ground it kinda slides on it until it dies or finds an enemy, if you're far it will still send them way up but out of your flame range.

Attached: 1550029358027.jpg (1920x1080, 419K)

>132 damage on full crit
>almost guaranteed
Yah, almost.
I guess the added instant afterburn could terrorize a medic even.

Jetpack + Backburner is fun as hell, but other than that he still feels like shit. Possibly shittier than before.

Doesn’t even do 195 like normal melee crits. Calm down.

They also used HL2's flame effects. So damn lazy, and it looks jarring compared to how cartoony everything else is.
gamebanana.com/effects/5869 Would've been better