How's open beta?

how's open beta?

Attached: 1anno-100-thumbnail-750x422_mobile_297543.jpg (750x422, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/784150/Workers__Resources_Soviet_Republic/
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/anno-1800/open-beta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Downloading right now.

performance pretty crap. I have 1060 and often get drops below 60 fps even though recommended card for high settings is 970

It's really good

Might be CPU bottlenecking, that's certainly not unheard of for simulation/strategy/city building games. Is your GPU load 100%?

it's about 85%. CPU is at 22% load. but it's 8 cores so maybe game struggles with multiple cores. it should be higher though. I also set draw distance to maximum

Did you tried DX12? also lower antialiasing maybe

I have the game set to max on everything except AA on x2 and never drops below 60 FPS but i have an r7 2700x and RTX 2080 so there's that.

game looks very bad without AA. I'll try dx12 but I expect to worsen it if anything.
>i have an r7 2700x and RTX 2080
lol

I don't know what's funny but whatever.

expecting any problems with that pc

It might looks overkill but i have seen games running and looking terrible even on that config.

Anno 1800 doesn't seem to be utterly broken for what it's trying to do.

I'm not touching the working conditions slider on factories until the German autists have worked out what's optimal.

>have to actually provide workers to factories
>now you actually have to populate other islands than your main one
this game is going to be logistical mess

Saying a game isn't poorly optimized because it can hit 60 FPS on a 2080 is a ridiculous thing to say.

You get a building that gives you your workforce globally, I think it's at the end of tier 3. Also there are loads of thinks to socket in trade unions that reduce workforce needs by 100%.

Do you seriously believe i play in potato 1080p with that rig?

DX12 actually improves framerate. is it the first game that uses it rightly? anyway it still doesn't use 100% of my GPU despite getting game ready drivers from nvidia

Could be a CPU bottleneck. If you're on a 8C/16T CPU you won't see much load across 16T from most games, it could definitely be bottlenecking on 1 (or a few) threads while your overall average CPU load is low.

I bet the drivers don't recognise the open beta as the actual game. It doesn't show up on Nvidia experience either.

all cores are at no more than 20% load

So you're playing at 4K with most settings maxed?

>is it the first game that uses it rightly?
Shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2 and DMC5 comes to mind.

TD2 also improves performance with DX12, not by a massive amount but enough.

Weird, performance has been mint for me, way better than the last beta, i7-4790, GTX 970, 64GB ram, maxed out at 1080p, rock solid 60fps.

You can't tell like that since what you're looking at is a high-level average over long (as far as computer program execution goes) periods of time. Windows can and does move threads from one core to another, which means you can see a single thread producing some load on multiple cores which are way below 100%, despite the thread itself being 100% busy.

Think of it this way. If you thread is 100% busy doesn't necessarily mean it is also spending all its time being executed on the same core, so your resource monitor which probably displays CPU load over periods which are at least 100s of ms long may not show the core itself at 100% load if the thread is moved to another core pretty quickly. If you really want to know you probably need to look into performance profiling tools to look at the game's actual threads to see if any of them are constantly busy. Some games can pin their threads to particular cores, in which case those threads won't move around and you will indeed see a core at 100% load.

There are also other factors, the game could be poorly programmed and may not perform well due to threads waiting around for each other too much and other issues.

>That music when the workers are rioting

Attached: 1449096471871.jpg (600x418, 90K)

Music of this game is fucking pretty, listened all the way through the menu theme until I started the campaign

I use MSI afterburner. I can see load of each individual thread. highest one barely reaches 50%

>Female captains
Cringe.

Someone tell me about the gameplay. Considering pre-ordering this before they remove it from steam.

did you play the beginning of the campaign and see the Caribbean Sikh guy? Made me smile.

link?

>I can see load of each individual thread
No, you cannot see the threads the game is running in MSI AB. What you're calling "threads" are your CPU's logical cores which appear due to it featuring some variant of SMT, those are not the same as execution threads created by software on your system. A CPU "thread" is more like an execution slot for a software thread from a program running on your system. You can see load per CPU "slot" in AB, AB does not show you information about the software threads each program is running. Your system is running 1000s of threads right now. You can check how many in Task Manager.

Did you play other Anno games before? City building, resource management, trading, exploring, populating new isles.

this but more difficult

>Someone tell me about the gameplay.

Attached: AnnoThreads.jpg (601x601, 70K)

they also put south america instead of africa to colonise. fucking SJW pussies

The other continents that are clearly being set up for DLC is the Arctic and what looks like North Africa.

> I have 1060

Kek, poorfags btfo

so I will be able to have niggers? will the lowest and only class for them will be slaves?

This.
Fuck i'm excited and I hope that we at the very least see one new biome with DLC.

Attached: Anno 1800 Closed Beta2019-2-1-23-14-8.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

Judging this wallpaper I think the Arctic is a definite DLC, hopefully we get the North Africa one too though, some desert aesthetics would be great.

Even 2205 got a fair amount of new biomes though and that wasn't received as well as it looks like 1800 will be though, so I'm optimistic.

Attached: atv32ln8rsr21.jpg (960x600, 151K)

buy me new gpu master

Man I hope they really do use 1800 as a basis to really build on, i've been playing 1404 for a decade now and i'd happily play 1800 for just as long with a trickle of new content.

>1404 for a decade
have you played 2070? it was very good

will there be ground troops like in 1404?

Yeah, I put 100~ hours into it, solid, polished, everything you'd expect, but it never really grabbed me like 1404 did, especially with mods.

I much prefer the 1404/1800 aesthetic and period.

Communist DLC when

Attached: 1542110647175.jpg (480x685, 73K)

You got an entire game.
store.steampowered.com/app/784150/Workers__Resources_Soviet_Republic/

Slavery was by and large outlawed in European 19th century colonised Africa, in fact ending slavery was one of the flimsy moral justifications they used for their imperialism. Though there were still slavery-like conditions of forced labour and genocide in the colonies.

aren't you playing as mutts?

epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/anno-1800/open-beta

oh nonononoonononononono

>epic games
(you)
uplay

idk but the post chain is in the context of colonising Africa not US plantations

Its much cheaper on epic store for me. Sorry gabe.

t. Tim Sweeney

I doubt you're getting it cheaper than you can get an Uplay key. All platforms use Uplay anyway, don't they? Might as well just buy a cheap key instead of buying through Epic or Steam.

>Not getting 20% off with uplay points

Yeah, GTX1070 with i7 6700k at 2560x1080p isn't doing so hot. To keep the 60fps have to lower a lot of settings. GPU usage stays at 95%.

Are there any big monuments to build like in 1404? How do they feel?

Also how are the boats? I love the aesthetics of ironclads and early steamers, especially the weird combination of masts and smokestacks.

Attached: catmiral.jpg (466x604, 158K)

No your main cities are located in the old world and colonies in the new world, you plays as a generic western european civ

>6 million

>2560x1080p
What on earth possessed you to go with a meme ultra widescreen monitor when the industry can barely get it's shit together to support 16:9 consistently, let alone 21:9?

Haven't played the current beta yet, but in the last beta even at a low level you could start to build zoos of your own design housing animals you'd get from expeditions which was great.

Attached: Anno 1800 Closed Beta2019-2-4-21-0-11.jpg (1920x1080, 663K)

in the closed beta you were limited to tier 3 so idk

The best part though was that the animals didn't just serve a purpose in the zoo, for example i'd send my bear and parrots out on expeditions to boost the expedition stats.

It sounds dumb as shit, but putting together a crew with specialized equipment, crew members and animals for specific expeditions was a lot of fun.

Attached: screenshot_2019-02-04-20-34-20.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Not him, but pretty much only play gramd strategy, the real state is valuable, and the resolution very appropriate

>Also how are the boats? I love the aesthetics of ironclads and early steamers
There's lots of boat designs, i'll dump a few pics with different stuff in them.

Attached: screenshot_2019-02-02-21-22-23.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

Attached: screenshot_2019-02-02-19-53-05.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

Fuck you and your epic games

No steam no buy! Is this coming to steam eventually?

I didn't dropped my old 16:9 monitor, if things shit the bed real hard I can go back to square resolutions. I wished I had money for 3440x1440p. Nevertheless 21:9 support for this game isn't bad, the only thing missing is the main menu and black bars on cutscenes.

Attached: screenshot_2019-02-02-19-48-23.jpg (1920x1080, 498K)

game's launching in uplay anyway

Attached: screenshot_2019-02-02-19-45-00.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

Oh shit it's the 12th isn't it

>still no preload on Steam

Attached: 1541699730521.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Also not boats, but some of the AI settlements having amazing coastal guns.

Attached: screenshot_2019-02-02-19-42-44.jpg (1920x1080, 682K)

it's great, but i'm not too sure i want to buy it full price

>denuvo
>epic games exclusive
>ubisoft

crack when?

Attached: icon_128.jpg (128x128, 6K)

Hang on, can you actually build cannon batteries on reefs like that?

get 20% discount with upoints

It will be on Steam for the next 3 days. You still have time to snag the real version.

That's an pre built AI settlement, but you can build cannon batteries within a certain area around your ports/islands, they don't have to be connected to the mainland etc

Attached: Anno 1800 Closed Beta2019-2-4-20-9-42.jpg (1920x1080, 544K)

You forgot
>uPlay
Ubisoft once again trying to prove that you can push infinite terrible business decisions into a single project for maximum efficiency. Can't wait for Yves Sacre-Bleu to complain about 90% piracy rates.

G E R T
L U S H

In America, you can't fucking do that.

I'll just wait for a sale

>Works in Europe
>Works in Japan
>Works in Australia
>Doesn't work in the US
For reals?

You can (and should) get it on Uplay instead of EGS. I'm pretty sure the EGS version will need Uplay anyway, so I don't actually see why you'd want to launch a launcher through another launcher instead of cutting out the middleman. You can buy it cheaper too.

It's legit, the US and Canada cannot use the 20% off from Uplay points on new releases or pre-orders.

It's absolute bullshit.

Most of Yea Forums still autistically reeeee about uplay even though it's nothing like it was at launch.

It's exactly like it was on launch.

Absolutely useless and fucking pointless.

I mean it didn't on a pre order. Maybe when it launches it can?

It doesn't even matter since uplay is mandatory for Anno 1800, isn't it? If you cannot run the game without it, there's no reason to install EGS in order to use Uplay anyway, while also paying more on EGS than you need to pay on Uplay. Why buy the game for more money while it's also even less convenient?

Nah, you can't do it for three months after a new release in the US.

NICE TO SEE YOU UNCLE!

Yeah. Did WWII even happen?