How come the Switch is so soulless compared to the other Nintendo consoles and handhelds?

How come the Switch is so soulless compared to the other Nintendo consoles and handhelds?

>no community app
>miis hidden away, shoved into a tiny section in the settings
>no fucking music anywhere, not even in the eShop
Why?

Attached: switch_ui.jpg (1200x675, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZU6_I-6lPj8
youtu.be/t2MbclhRzmg?t=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Soul was poured into the console itself, it's honestly one of the best consoles I've ever had.

I view my switch as a handheld for weeb shit that I can plug into my TV, not as an actual gaming console. Maybe that’s the way Nintendo view it too? Xenoblade 2 is GOAT btw

Lack of menu music. Add a couple jingles to the system and bing bang boom you got yourself gout. Stop eating mystery meat.

At least it's fast.
But yeah very boring and featureless overall

I guess cutting out all the music helps make everything load faster.

>no community app
Console launched too early and we all know it. Like Sony and their online infrastructure they're going to be playing catch up for a long time

>>miis hidden away, shoved into a tiny section in the settings
>>no fucking music anywhere, not even in the eShop

Who fucking cares? Products of a bygone time in their history they need to forget. Time to move on.

No, Nintendo hated Miiverse, it was hell for them, we are never getting an official Nintendo Community App.

I agree with the miis, but how in the fuck is music a product of a bygone time? Without the iconic catchy Nintendo music, this console is missing something.

The thing that bothers me that we're 2 years in already starting Year 3 and we still only have 2 themes when it's clear that they have it designed to have more added in.

Maybe they're waiting for revision announcement before unveiling the plans.

>music is a product of a bygone time

Attached: 1526971949161.png (485x443, 22K)

Themes came to 3DS until firmware 9.0

I just want folders. They should have been there by default.

Who gives a shit about miis.

the music thing is ridiculous, i don't understand it. the wii menu music, 3ds music, all key parts of the experience. why nintender, why

Attached: 59 34 - 76.gif (325x271, 2M)

REEE I NEED MY MARIO BING BING THEME PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND 24/7

Attached: 1465171517337.jpg (720x960, 31K)

Better soulless in some shit nobody uses than soulless in games.
And the Switch is so much better gamewise than Nintendos last 3 consoles

Also
>he wants music in the e shop

>one exclusive game
>no vc
>no bc
>soulless utilitarian interface
>flimsy and cheap hardware
Oh no no no

...Why the fuck have you bought PPT twice?

Fuck off and kill yourself tripnigger nobody cares what you think.

The Japanese one looks like the free demo version going by how it has extra text in the title.

Are people really defending the lack of music? I'm not a hardcore Nintendo fan like you guys but even I know that music is the most important part of a menu. Even the PS2 with it's barebone 4 menus had an ambiance to it. Music and sound can elevate anything to a masterpiece but without it, it's just another product. Look at the legacy off the Wii menu music.

Attached: 1538427964315.jpg (1740x1248, 701K)

Why the fuck is the 3DS the only Nintendo console with official alternate icons and backgrounds? Just port over the badge arcade. Also they should have given the Switch streetpass functionalities to help further push people to take it out of the house

youtube.com/watch?v=ZU6_I-6lPj8
youtu.be/t2MbclhRzmg?t=5
>they gave the fucking paid online service a theme song but not the eShop, Mii Maker, or system menu

Attached: 1532879207186.jpg (500x500, 20K)

The joycons could be bigger and the battery could last longer. Other than that it's perfection.

Attached: IMG_4415.jpg (3264x2448, 2.13M)

It may seem like they had theme support from the beginning but the menu isn't actually designed to have support themes. The dark theme is just the normal theme with a shader.
When people started making themes it would crash constantly because there was no proper support for themes.

You guys know you can press different buttons on the 'press any button three times' screen to get different sounds?

I miss Wii U gamepad

Say that to my drifting joycon.

Easy fix for that

I'm hoping for a total redesign of the UI + adding several missing features that gives the console a lot more soul and Nintendo character. It'd make sense for this shit to come out with the redesigns they're announcing at E3.