When will we witness the erasure of Smash from the FGC?

When will we witness the erasure of Smash from the FGC?

Attached: sssdsddad.png (1168x1192, 747K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h7O4zOXALIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smash is a fighting game, so never
*yeets self out of thread*

Attached: f4727b9bedacf22ee347f4bfab028cc8.png (1262x1309, 508K)

When the rest of the genre (yes, Smash is a fighting game) stops putting out shit.

>mujhh fgc community
>Muhh true fighting games
>muh mahvel muh NRS shovelware

Well Ultimate will probably stick around. But SamSho and UNIST united to remove Melee so that’s a win

>*yeets self out of thread*
Fuck off, kid

Smash isn't the problem

People who only play one fighting game and refuse to play/learn about other games are the problem. It just so happens a lot of the smash community is like that while also wanting to be part of the fighting game community

When people actually start to create a bunch of good Smash-like(in terms of mechanics) games and Smash cease to be unique anymore.
Aside from Indies, we haven't really seen people doing this.

On the event of erasure of FGC.

It's kind of funny how much I see FGCfags talk about Smash and how much they hate it, yet I've never seen SmashFags care about Fighting games or what the FGC thinks of them. They will always have at least one game at Evo while all their FOTM animeshit keeps getting shuffled why would they care?

Why do you guys obsess over this so much? It's kind of pathetic.

>When people actually start to create a bunch of good Smash-like(in terms of mechanics) games

Lol this will never happen. People vastly underrate how well constructed Smash's engine actually is and how much this contributes to the quality of the game. I mean, surely you'd expect someone outside Nintendo to have made something surpassing Mario 64 by now, but what have you.

>smash is a fighting game

Attached: 1548973739806.jpg (640x845, 108K)

>I've never seen SmashFags care about Fighting games or what the FGC thinks of them.
that's a joke, right? did you not see the meltdown that meleefags just threw over being kicked out of evo? complete with accusing poorfag studios like snk and french bread of "buying their way in" and calling fighting game players "sheep" for actually being able to adapt to new games.

reminder the people who makes these threads don’t even play fighting games

Attached: C4E2669E-0441-413B-898A-F41CC7B5F367.jpg (850x850, 164K)

Just because it's a party game doesn't mean it's not also a fighting game.
One can be both a party and a fighting game.

youtu.be/h7O4zOXALIY

Cracks me up every time.

>meleefags kicked out of evo for being meleefags
>meleefags discord was found now we have routed 90% of them outta Yea Forums
>meleefags gods shown to be a joke when there best player at summit was fucking zero, a man who doesn't even go to tournaments or practice at all anymore when every single one outside hbox quit melee to play ultimate because hbox just kept fucking them
>hbox and iceies are killing meleefags events and making them unwatchable

Best timeline

Smash is a shit fighter but not even the most shit fighter in this post.

>poorfag studios like snk
SNK is owned by a large Chinese mobile game company that's bigger than Capcom.

>indie smash spin-offs
Nobody outside of turbo-autists plays or watches Smash for primarily mechanical purposes, they play it because they want to beat the shit out of Link as their favorite Pokemon.

Yes
>n-no it's a party game!!!
What the fuck does that even mean?

I like a lot of the top games and melee. The image itself even implies it's possible to like more than one game. This place really makes the dumbest points sometimes.

Attached: soy wojak argument feel.png (917x599, 40K)

i am a smash player
i think hardcore competition should stay out of smash, and vice versa
smash should be seen as a game people can gather around the couch to play, with a few small time tourneys held here and there just for fun, with very small if any prize pools

the more people that see smash as a profitable competitive scene, the less fun the game becomes

smash is a fighting game the same way portal is an fps.

Attached: 2cdb14dc-3d13-4d2d-bdb5-30b39b29f1f9.jpg (1280x1707, 162K)

No, the best timeline is the one where Skullgirls beats Melee in the 2013 EVO donation drive

>The Ultimate fast pace fighting game should be banned
>Dogshit like Skullgirls, Dead or Alive, Darkstalkers, Soul Calibur, Blazeblue and Mortal Kombat is okay

Attached: Okay.jpg (1080x708, 153K)

that's a really good cat

SEETHING

Unironically yes
Uses elements but is too fundamentally different to be the same thing.

>PICK YOUR FIGHTER!
iTs NoT a FiGhTiNg GaMe GuYz!!111

It means it's a game meant to played casually with a group of people like in a party. Why so you think there's items and other shit that's isn't in traditional fighters?

t. bad smash player

Doesn't melee say choose a character?

A community that allowed SFV to still be relevant in 2019, while letting DBFZ die because it got kicked from 2 tournaments and "muh stale meta" cannot be considered anything other than sheepish

The keyword in that sentence was "chinese"

>giving a shit about fighting games

Worst genre. Kill yourselves.

So, taking the basic concepts of the genre and making something much more enjoyable out of it?

This, I don't care what Woolie tries to say, the FGC seems to be a cancerous group of inbred autists.

>game is invalidated by one character, a common theme in found in the series
>except this one makes autist reeee since they can't into fundamentals
>M-melee is siiick...
Wack

Fighting games are for niggers anyways who cares

Never because Ultimate is the most popular game at EVO

>it's a fighting game with items on top so it's not a fighting game

Attached: 1536161359365.gif (500x493, 631K)

that would be mobas(lol/dota)

why

Attached: image.png (1280x720, 658K)

StarCraft Brood War is a party game but it did not stop people from taking it seriously

>Resorting to discord drama
Was this supposed to make you look good? How is this any different from redditors sifting through people's post histories or whatever the fuck.

>erasure

ALWAYS

>It's Yea Forums talks about fighting games thread
they should really make me pay for comedy like this

Attached: 1533524204783.png (359x390, 132K)

Only good post in this thread

>pretend to not be garbage and challenge people in main stream fightan threads
>get ghosted despite me being free as fuck

Attached: 1492352571976.png (420x420, 7K)