XIV

Choose.

Attached: xp56327welr21.png (960x557, 633K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7QAZFey6m24
youtu.be/k7juiwNhbOM
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/385710-Male-Viera-as-a-playable-character!-show-your-support/page307
youtube.com/watch?v=vNm-t9eWSvA
youtube.com/watch?v=--LOYdzogDA
youtube.com/watch?v=vmPo_w98vR4
youtu.be/B8WPSMzmGv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The ears are too close together on the Veena, it looks weird

I choose to save my ten dollars.

I'm keeping my tater. The only race that'd make me change would be Yukes which are never.

Attached: KVuXkns.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

imagine playing XIV unironically

1.0 was not a flop. Every single day, there were plenty of players having fun. It was fantastic to have all continents playing together, JP EU America Oceania. It was so exotic, and beat XI scores.

It had its flaws, like every single games of this genre at their release.

SE made a shit tons of money selling the game.
They managed to make pseudo gaming journalists and self proclaimed internet games experts believe whatever they wanted to believe after their super serious 4 hours test while never going back to actual fact checking.

SE didn’t bother contradicting them, which was super weird from the point of view of all players actually playing and enjoying the game (we were like WTF), but rather SE brushed, caressed and pet all those pseudo journalists and self proclaimed game experts by never gainsaying them, which proved to be the right strategy for what they had in plan next.

Truth is, Tanaka was a visionary. He built a high graphical quality game, prepared it for the decade coming by having high polygon count, high res model and textures, a real open world with no loading screens, not even to enter cities, not even inside the cities, using brand new modern techniques where data was streamed from the hard drive while you were passing in specific areas without you noticing anything, giving you an unimaginable sense of immersion. It was a whole world, not a collection of zones. Everything was truly connected, not cheated with spacial ellipses.

All tier 3 cutscenes were entirely made from motion captures, not crappy emotes, and they had all a cinematographer making inspired and talented framing, camera movements and editing. (the scenes you see with mocap in 2.x, were made from stealing mocap of 1.0 scenes that had nothing to do with the 2.0 ones)

Uematsu music was the best of his long FF career. It was his effin return. First time he made all music since FFIX. A master piece. Soken himself knows more than anyone else, how far he is from his master

imagine being a wowfag

Tanaka had boundaries everywhere for the lore, the story, the gear, the races, the genders, etc. because he knew that boundaries force you to work with them, inside them, to make something consistent and believable, and that too much freedom always lead to non sense, disconnected things, immersion breaks, etc.

Tanaka, unlike Yoshida, knew how much all of this was important. Tanaka was an artist making work of art, Yoshida is a former WoW player working for a greedy company.

The truth is Tanaka wanted to skip the PS3, knowing how much PS2 limited them in XI, which was the right choice, but the greedy old CEO of SE pushed him to make a PS3 client, which was impossible with the high quality choices he made, and that CEO also pushed him to release the game way sooner than planned, to counter the WoW expansion, forcing Tanaka to rush lots of stuff, to repeat places, etc.

So, today, when Yoshida enjoys making fun of Tanaka team and their super high polygon count for a flower pot, and at the very same time you don’t get a week without having someone on Reddit making a topic about how the current FFXIV lacks polygons, textures, AA, etc. in truth who should laugh at who?

Yoshida has no cinema and literature culture. He doesn’t know the potential of his game in that regards. Tanaka knew.

SE always expected to succeed with ARR, because they had already so many 1.0 players backing them up, they could not fail it. They were good again at marketing people to think whatever they wanted to think, putting them on their side rather than fighting them with undisclosed important numbers, which proved to be a smart strategy in the long term.

Elezen, you can see how Viera necks are just as long

Attached: 1527256550163.png (800x706, 754K)

I'm going to keep playing roe and hope that a majority of the gay meme roes fantasia to hrothgar instead

Attached: 1528866381406.png (1012x1324, 2.35M)

Feol!

>actually dig the Hrothgar

I mean I ain't Fantasiaing but they're cooler than I expected

>they're exactly the same
I don't know why I expected them to have any differences besides things you can make moot through customization.

As a DPS who only has ARR until Shadowbringers. Am I better off doing floor 1-40 of Palace of the Dead since I need the expansions to go beyond 40, or queing for dungeons?

Based 1.0 poster.

Switching to viera but I have a feeling i'm gonna end up going back to femroe after a while.

Everything about them was fine until they tied Gunbreaker to them.

lol

I mean why not? It's not like they're a barbaric race inherently despite their looks.

>and beat XI scores.
Maybe initially, but consistently?
I loved XI, but I don't think 1.0 beat it out in players after its early life.

Fuck off 1.0fag
The game was utter dogshit and a complete failure. So bad they had to remake the entire thing to get back in good faith with the customers.

Are SMNs the whiniest job playerbase out there?
HW SMN was pretty big IQ and had all this cool lore about trances circumventing the egi limits, but then they threw that out the window in SB because SMNs kept whining to have "real" primals and they made the job brainlet tier.

Attached: 1553842232537.png (800x522, 428K)

they are the same, it's just their head is tilted at a different angle

>Viera can't wear headpieces
>just mod my Highlander to have Viera -shaped boots and fran's hair

I win?

Attached: 102169.jpg (225x350, 37K)

>blufag
SMN is the most complex caster you retard, and people just want more egis than the first fucking three primals in the game
At least it's a real job

just because you liked it, doesn't mean everyone else did.

No, WAR is.

>humans
>but with bunny ears
Everytime...

youtube.com/watch?v=7QAZFey6m24

I wish we had FFXI soundeffects in FFXIV

This and it ain't even close. Anything less than head and shoulders above the other tanks is unacceptable for them.

>I win?

Attached: FWcHvuh.jpg (1280x800, 151K)

Attached: UARAWwHVYLRygmUtW5bS4zKTEY[1].jpg (1500x2000, 302K)

War is the easiest job in the entire game.

WAR > SCH >>>>>>>>> everything else.

Attached: sE3NuVqBsTdnDUX53V7US-NNqU[1].jpg (2000x2667, 398K)

The Rava will dominate the world.

Attached: bz9mypLuw494lHW4THYZUn2TMc[1].jpg (1500x2000, 375K)

The vast majority of players will either ignore the new races or fanta over, spend a week regretting their decision and then fanta back.

agreed, they seem more civilized that ala mhiggans

Attached: D36JvxhU0AEKOLx.png (711x900, 705K)

Attached: Ygi_9_iOvKMctZAiCHGqmcgAoc[1].jpg (1500x2000, 343K)

Saw this nigga while pony farmin...
what do bros

Attached: la atrocidad.png (309x488, 173K)

no, red mage is the easiest.

not sure about the black sclera, but it looks like the lost might have black fangs

At least half of the beast tribes are more civilized than Mhiggers.

>2019
>not playing Hyur

>an entire clan of male Hrothgar orbits a single lion mommy
She must be amazing...

Attached: 1553857107462.png (702x1104, 432K)

Give me shota bunny boys or give me death!

Attached: 1524490378332.jpg (870x1060, 164K)

rent free

Destroyed.

Attached: 1530616168403.jpg (870x1060, 152K)

>a real open world with no loading screens, not even to enter cities, not even inside the cities,
Post-Stormblood sub here, I'm still fucking salty that I never got to experience this shit and I stuck with an incredibly generic MMO for almost half a year. The fact that they split cities into distinct zones is fucking insanity to me. Been playing WoW private servers on occasion and just having loading screens for inter-continental travel and instances is way more immersive.
Also I'm pissed that I didn't get to experience XI in it's prime because it's job system looks really fucking fun. XIV is just stuck with an admitted failure of a shitty system that won't ever change.

Please die fucking pedophile

I want a Viera to step on me with her high heels.

What up Shota bunny person

>Replying to shitty bait
You deserve death as much as that retard, if not moreso.

>literal orbiters
lmaoing my ass of @t u baracats

>Pony farming with pugs
Ignore and find a good FC, nerd.

This has honestly been the most disappointing race reveal in all of FFXIV.

that dude is bullshitting, 1.0 had loading screens to enter cities.

>Is that your best parse?

Attached: fran-2.png (500x500, 141K)

The Veena are the INT based ones right ? Prob go them.

No it isn't, you just can't please MMO retards.

I'm having dinner. I logged into the game today and spent all day trying to make a new glamour but couldn't find a chest I liked that wasn't male locked or cash shop only.

Attached: 1539414516235.jpg (587x507, 159K)

>MCH will never be fun to play

At least GUN will be there for me

Attached: 1548764700531.jpg (680x557, 35K)

shame we can't experience this again
youtu.be/k7juiwNhbOM

How likely do you think it will be that their feet become normal when you equip any other boots on them.

Just wait till the rework user.

shadowbringers as a whole is shaping up to be disappointing.

>FFXIV will never be fun to play
ftfy

god I hate how fucking stupid hrothgar look.

Attached: 1537366516937.png (631x672, 574K)

>to enter cities
So? Better than loading for every zone and for simply walking around in cities. Besides, loading screens are on the bottom of my post of gripes for the game. I find the gameplay to be more important and whole combat itself is fun I think class identity is fucking awful right now IMO and in-class variety is objectively nonexistent. I'm not a fan of masteries/talent trees but they need fucking something. YoshiP admitted the role actions are a failure by giving everyone full access to all of the actions. If subjobs become a thing then I'll resub for a full year immediately.

My condolences, I just go with the anemos suspenders/Uraeus coat/Poncho for my glams

Not him but it's guaranteed. Sure cats got little earbits on helmets but I'll be shocked if they out clawbits on all boots.

That looks awful.

I like how the one Far Eastern something or other one looks and I might be willing to get it if it weren't male only. It doesn't even look weird on females.

Attached: 1534441924869.png (1248x702, 1.41M)

should see it coming with how the last patch ended. if you think Ala mhiggo is bad, now we're forced to save a world thats not our own

Right, easily, its also going to be overplayed as fuck

With yet another ranged support DPS coming, could MCH become a selfish DPS like BLM and SAM?

Attached: blu.jpg (2000x2000, 2.81M)

>Golmore Jungle
>Dalmasca
Glad I don't play this game if they're just going to mishmash the lore from other games in the series into an entirely different world. When do we get to go to Balamb Garden or Midgar?

who lost here? we run free my niggas

That don't look bad, is it dye-able at least?

Nah have it be way more selfish on the level of MNK.

That's not viera ass is it?
There's no way they are going to give them ass and fuck everyone else over

So do the Nu Mou worship Titania along with the pixies since they're fey?

Attached: 1515220254805.png (540x400, 11K)

No clue. It's male only anyway like I said, I just tried it on with sstool.

Forgot that was a thing, well, you could always default to the 70 artifact gear and get it dye-able

>WAR is
Y-You too.

they'll probably say that they do, but this tatiana is a false god like all the other good beast tribe factions

>not soloing your own EX fights
None of them have mechanics that would prevent you right? I've soloed Titan and Garuda.

I was looking for something a bit more unique. I kind of like the Tengu PVP top but I couldn't really find a bottom I liked that I felt fit well with it.

>we will never get proper heels on other races
>even dancer's AF, with the heels in the concept art has flat gay as smonk shoes instead of heels

Yoshi is a hack I fucking hate this so much please god why, why can't we have real heels?

Attached: dancer heelless.png (724x540, 655K)

it is dyeable.

Attached: patriarch dyed.jpg (800x600, 136K)

You're right but last time I played last year I wasn't high enough level to solo it.

>Fighting in heels
Based retard

t. assmad shitter that didn't get to experience it

Attached: ffxiv texture reuse.jpg (2388x650, 806K)

>fighting in bikinis
>fighting in bunny suits
>women fighting
>magic existing
>you not killing yourself

Attached: 1505552371627.jpg (1153x1007, 140K)

nu mou worship bad dragon dildos

What's wrong with that?

OMG THEY'RE BEING RAPED

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/385710-Male-Viera-as-a-playable-character!-show-your-support/page307

Glass the forums

Shut up you bigot

have sex, incel

That looks really nice. A shame females can't normally wear it.

It was awful. Anyone that tries to sell you on the idea that a pre 1.20 FFXIV was good is lying to you, and anyone that tries to sell you that 1.0's world was anything good is also lying to you. Have mass open worlds with no loading time between zones doesn't mean shit if the mass open world is just copy and pasted like Thanalan or a bunch of hallways like the Black Shroud.

Damn, sorry to hear that, Hope you can find a good Glam, I'm just too lazy to do all that hunting and whatnot

What changed in 1.20+ that made it better?

I unironically miss 1.0, but I know most won't believe me.

>cleared Seriyu Ex
I, a shitter, cleared an extreme. Maybe I'll try more content like this.. it was fun.

Attached: file.png (1001x823, 918K)

>1.X apologists

l m a o

Attached: 1393633733278.jpg (627x689, 94K)

>but it was so purdy ;_;
Doesn't save dogshit gameplay.

get all the primal doggos, user.

Then I unironically think you are incredibly stupid.

>doggos

This is some great copypasta, i'm saving this.

They added gameplay.

GJ buddy, keep it up and try out chaos or some shit while youre at it

I wish more fights were on the same difficulty as EX primals. Hard enough you can't AFK through, but easy enough to PF without a static or excessive ilvl.

It's okay. They'll probably add something I like in Shadowbringers and I can just use that instead.

RNG is not usually on my side but I'd like that.

>muh copy pasted enbironment!
Its okay when 2.0/3.0/4.0/5.0 does it
The overworld was superior in every way back in 1.0. it actually felt alive. There was actually people moving about the zones. There wasn't this constant teleport across the world essentially for free bullshit
Fucking ps2 rimitation prs undastando apoligist motherfuckers

Probably Veena if I do switch, but I don't see myself switching, I really like my qt Xaela. I'll decide once we get the benchmark.

they're a couple of pair in the cash shop and the bonewicca set from Swallow's Compass and Fractal HM

been waiting from the set from the Korean shop to drop for like a year

Viera in flats killed all hype for me, I could live with a limited number of hats.

Attached: bksBbNf.jpg (2030x1168, 123K)

Extremes aren't all that difficult. The first ones in an expansion especially. You should absolutely jump into Titania and Innocence ex as soon as you hit 80.

Gonna use the free Twitch Prime starter pack, what's a good loner class to pick while I check the game out?

did i fucking stutter?

Which ever class you like.

warrior, tank class

Attached: 05.png (696x325, 38K)

Tank and Healer get you super fast queue times so one of those is good.

This is the only thing holding me back from playing FFXIV. They're the most godawful retarded race in a game ever and the people playing them are, without exception, absolute assholes.

That's what they did for the first two floor of every Omega Savage tier except Midgardsormr. Savage participation is considerably higher this time than in Coils/Gordias/Midas

Tank's can pretty much stay alive through a ton of shit, and if you need to do dungeons they'll end up with fast queues

Don't do that just yet. Start with the free trial, you can play any amount of time up to like level 35 or so. As soon as you start your Twitch starter code thing, you only have 30 days and after that you have to start paying a sub to continue to play. Take advantage of the free time from the trial as much as you can.

All classes in the game are very solo-friendly though, you'll get faster queues as a tank or healer but play whatever seems most fun to you. You can also change class willy-nilly.

I know of those, the bonewicca fending boots are great. But the boots on that one $18 dress just ain't worth it for the boots
I just want heels that don't chop off part of the leg to make up for the heels taking up space

Also that korean dress is really bad, I remember someone posted it with the char sitting down. There is no physics so you have a giant dress popping up in front of you
shame

Today I will remind them.

Attached: 1286468347570.gif (476x319, 1.1M)

Whatever job you like, user. Just make sure to play the best race.

Attached: 1534784371976.png (1680x1050, 2.66M)

>FR liked 1.0

God i hate french players.

Yeah but those raids don't feel as satisfying as the ex primals. They lack voice acting, cool music, mount & weapon drops. Also, for every successful EX primal group I get there's at least 3-4 failure savage groups.

>1.0 was not a flop
Stopped reading here. Kill yourself.

Death to people like you.

God damn. more of these potathoes

youtube.com/watch?v=vNm-t9eWSvA

FFXI > FFXIV

mmm 5 piggies all in one picture

Attached: 1544820761858.png (386x330, 54K)

>heelfags

I feel your pain.

Attached: 1547261654751.png (893x1307, 834K)

There was a lot of good things to 1.0
Don't get me wrong, ARR was a huge improvement over most things. But also shifted the game away from MMO into Modern MMO (which really aren't MMO like anymore, just big match making lobbies)

>trillions of flies eat shit so it must be good

Point out where I said it was okay for other versions to do it. 1.0 was shit, please join the "I'm going to marry x" shitposters and fuck off.

Server lag became less of an issue and there was way more things to do. 1.23b is usually considered "the height", but I saw 1.20 as the point that, for me, FFXIV was becoming a game worth playing. While I respect the fact that changes had to be made for 2.0 to fix the worst of 1.0's latency issues, as well as other general improvements, I didn't really enjoy it. I return from time to time to play through the story, but the class design doesn't grab me, especially with the major class changes that came in 4.0. 5.0's class changes also won't grab me, but I'll still see if that Dark Knight writer can make the First Shard seem interesting.

>There was a lot of good things to 1.0

Attached: E3 2010_ Final Fantasy XIV - Producer Hiromichi Tanaka Interview.webm (750x420, 2.89M)

Everyone who actually played 1.0 knew it was a bad game while they were playing it. Bad doesn't mean it's not fun, it just means it's bad.

Attached: ffxiv-maps-thanalan.jpg (2048x2048, 308K)

>1.0 was shit
t. didn't play it

Attached: ffxiv waifu back.png (489x522, 463K)

menu fantasy 14 was broken beyond repair. the combat sucked, and while the graphics were good it was very poorly optimized.

Apparently, it's very good for the flies.

Attached: 1551015729861.jpg (499x550, 40K)

Veena. Only alabaster is attractive.

God I miss those maps. It was so much better than the tiny instanced garbage we have now that you don't even spend any time in

I haven't played since Stormblood launch. Is Ivalice just part of the game now?

lol

Attached: 1552444909979.png (1252x450, 64K)

In 24 man raids and that's it.

A true "MMO" with modern graphics cannot exist because it will melt people's computers and the goal of a long running successful MMO is to get EVERYONE to play not cater to a niche group.

>retarded autist pretends that a game that nobody can play anymore to see for themselves is good to doompost and gather (You)s episode
It's all so damn tiresome

Attached: him-ah-there-he-is-that-motherfucker-what-a-tool-1317294.png (500x467, 166K)

24 man raid.

There were though! Some of the quest designs were frustrating but in a very unique way. And the four or five areas that weren't copied and pasted were pretty cool. The dungeon design was also much better in 1.0, with multiple routes, loot, and endings depending on your level.

Rava because she looks more like the type to step on me.

There are ivalice themed 24 man dungeons. Dalmasca is a kindgom in othard that was destroyed by the empire.

A zone is not a instance. If it was then everyone would see things differently and there would be no persistent world elements to be found.

Yes.

Attached: amivhjfq3a921.png (1054x964, 1.65M)

I don't give a shit about the visual though. They looked great, but its not what I'm talking about.

I can't log on. It keeps telling me my low pop server is full, then when I try again I can;t connect and get error 10105.
Plz help

Attached: did nothing wrong.png (1068x1080, 657K)

I'm too attached to my niglander to switch out, but it's going to make me suffer the horror of leveling up an alt. I might do the MSQ and then fantasia into a Hrothgar for the 5.x content as unless it's 3.x tier good (or 4.x once pop pop scions drop and the tension rises).

I like it because it gives me this impression of them being the classic arid gunslinging tribal-warriors like Afghans, Berbers, Hajduks, Grenzers and so on. Bit less Hajduk/Grenzer given their bare chested nature, but it works remarkably well for them. Mine will probably be a gunblade though the appeal of going Kimahri and dragoon is strong. Leveling up DRG again is not appealing, however.

shotafags are ddosing the servers

I never played 1.0 but i wish i did. Anything to bring a sense of adventure to my game, we're all playing pretend adventurer here, they call us adventurer all the time in game but there is no freaking adventure in FFXIV.

Attached: 1429930349425.jpg (224x269, 6K)

DDOS attacks today fucked a lot of people. Your probably routing through a overloaded node.

That image
>tranny tries posting

The zones are instanced though, you just don't see many different ones unless there is a ton of people there. Like Gold Saucer, it is instanced and its far more likely for there to be more than 1 instance

youtube.com/watch?v=--LOYdzogDA

Attached: Worst Final Fantasy 03.jpg (752x508, 114K)

Huh, and here I thought they'd have the head horns only, but it looks like they have spiked eyebrows? Really curious to see their customization and how extensive it really is. I'm really digging the black sclera.

I wonder what the differences between the two will be, if it's only fur colour I feel that's a missed opportunity.

Attached: 1520226070081.jpg (939x665, 84K)

They're only ever instanced on expansion launches, fuck off.

>Anything to bring a sense of adventure to my game

1.0 did not have that. I have the Wandering Shadow title for getting all the aetherytes. Trust me when I say there was fucking nothing out there.

>trusting a gamespot review over actual players that experienced it from beginning to end

Attached: 1496263106674.png (300x188, 22K)

I like this simply because of the certain butthurt comments from literal furfags. Might have to go a Helion just for that alone.

Attached: faggots.png (867x91, 5K)

Every time the servers shit them selves magically it's because DDOS. How do people still believe this?

At least one of the three should be balanced around sacrificing party DPS utility for personal DPS, but physical ranged should never deal the same damage as something like BLM just on account of it having 100% uptime with no costs for movement.

Unless they wanna bring back old Gauss Barrel cast times.

Attached: 1553653796196.jpg (1448x2048, 330K)

>that head to body ratio
what the fuck

helions are bluepilled betas, the lost are redpilled mgtows

>gets proven wrong
>b-but its only under this circumstance f-fuck off!?!

Attached: 1532597271476.jpg (480x853, 24K)

Instance means every solo/party has their own generated version of that place. For example, Eureka holds 100 people maximum and anyone who joins afterwards will be put into a new Eureka instance. The waking sands is also instanced as you don't see other players there but yourself. Meanwhile you can have 1000+ people running around in the same Stormblood zone and nobody sees things differently or aren't split from other players within the zone.

you do realize she's wearing armor right

There was no adventure in 1.0, unless you just like going from point A to point B with nothing in-between. The only good things about 1.0 to 1.23b were
>Classes felt distinct
>Hamlet defense
>Everything dealing with Meteor
>GMs getting free reign to RP as NPCs for the players that remained
>Dungeons that weren't straight hallways

But 1.0 is also where we get a lot of the dungeons that people hate dealing with in 2.0.

Which subspecies likes to breed with Midlander men?

I don't think you understand what "proven" means.

they have instanced regular zones in the past though.

I fuckin love Jyun's art. God damn.

>using tattoos

FBI, OPEN UP

If 0 players are in Eureka, the instance ceases to exist. If 0 players are in Yanxia the place continues to exist with FATEs and weather cycling, gathering nodes spawning, NPCs attacking other NPCs, hunts roaming, etc.

Do you see the difference between a zone and instance now?

The only people less civilized than Mhiggers are Meracydians. And that's because their land is fantasy Africa-Australia with a dash of Chernobyl.

I'd be disappointed if we get some tiny ass fragile thing like the au ra. It is amusing how this is a repeat of 3.0 - you get a new race (Au ra) and you don't get to visit their homeland until the next expansion. If that autist who did the au ra tribal lore is in charge of both races it'll be great.

Nothing but heels is so unbelievably sinful it is amazing. I dig heels and stockings, or boot-heels too, but heels with nothing else just blows my mind.

Attached: 15ae58704ed62eb14d41ca758898e243 - Copy.jpg (1948x2111, 238K)

>But 1.0 is also where we get a lot of the dungeons that people hate dealing with in 2.0.
In other words, casual babies can't deal with simple as fuck braindead mechanics that have already been nerfed into the ground several times over, and they are the sole reason every dungeon is even WORSE brain dead "avoid the orange circle" bullshit

Attached: 1551739722863.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

Stealth milkies.

Jeeeees?

Attached: 1548741998532.jpg (1200x1049, 148K)

>make a min height male elezen
>still taller than everyone else
nothing but cats, lizards, and lalas. Even the occasional Highlander is barely any taller.

Temporarily but not permanently. It's to combat congestion from the DDOS attacks

Egg Hunt

We could talk about instance size in eureka, 144 people is too high and it was misguided to implement such a high number of players in an effort to create a mmo world feel.
If less players play eureka it will be an improvement i think but only if they implement a party level sync function.
Funny guy Yoshi-P reminded us why we asked for level sync and soon he will remind us why we asked for duty finders.

Attached: Yoshi-E.jpg (576x297, 43K)

Yeah, you're basically right. Hope you enjoy your next Aurum Vale run with shitters who cannot eat fruit, cannot avoid bad breath, and stand in the pools.

No, no. THAT is the tiniest fucking head you could've put on that body. It is so wrong.

It's why I like the Hrothgar's inclusion. However rae they, or Roegadyns or Elezen, are, they are a welcome and very noticable change of pace from the endless flow of hyur-au ra-miqo'te with then some lalafells behind them.

>Hope you enjoy your next Aurum Vale run with shitters who cannot eat fruit, cannot avoid bad breath, and stand in the pools.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

>tfw will never experience Baldesian Arsenal because wasn't autistic enough to poopsock on day 1 to max level before the discord trannies took control of hijacking instances and now hydatos is too dead to organise runs

I just simply live with the pain.

Attached: 1478364147817.jpg (617x592, 263K)

>players might fail mechanics that means its bad
I hate this

Attached: 1510979503477.png (444x444, 109K)

Is that what you call breasts that stick straight out at a 90 degree angle a full foot and a half away from the body?

They didn't instance the HW zones at launch on Leviathan and there were at least 1000 people crowding the places.

I sent a suggestion asking them to remove BA from Eureka since Eureka is already dead
Everyone should. If they get enough vocal people on their case yoshi will bend the knee, just like he did for the gay marriage fags and the male bunny suit fags

Fuck you weebs

Attached: 1538872808203.jpg (770x711, 176K)

So do I, my man. I sometimes like running the dungeons carried over from 1.0, but shitters just cannot do basic thinking. The only reason I dread Vale and Darkhold is because I know for a fact that I'll get someone(s) going "Oh no, not this dungeon" and then I'll know that I'll have to babysit them.

FUCK bros we'll never get any more difficult MSQ dungeons/trials because of all the whiny fags that got filtered at Vault or Shinryu

>I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
>le AV so hard maymay in 2k19
Wow so hard to type a sentence to explain mechanics.
The hardest part about it is zoning in and pussies instantly leaving

It's not hard you git, it's just so mind numbingly bad of a dungeon. It's piss-yellow and shit-brown filters over everything like it's a shooter from 2007-2010. the monsters are disgusting looking and you run into retards who forget to EAT THE FRUIT. The only 2.x era content I hated was Angra Mainyu.

pretty sure gay marriage was pre planned before fags started their preemptive bitching

The ilvl scaled lower back then so it was more difficult. They could easily make old content much harder if they reduce the sync rate.

Attached: FFXVI.png (1245x921, 1.4M)

>yfw people still fuck up steps of faith

Attached: why me.jpg (314x379, 23K)

I will never as long as I live understand this Yea Forums mentality of "it was harder and less convenient so that means it was better!". No, having to trudge through shitty fuckhuge copypasted zones spamming levequests to level at a snail's pace was never good and you dumb fucks who try to pass it off as some sort of golden age of adventure are out of your fucking minds.

Bros Dark Knight looks so fucking cool but how long will it take to get through the 30s to 50-60? Don't wanna get to Ishgard finally and be sent back to the leveling halls of ARR shit.

>tank has awful puns for every boss in the dungeon

Attached: 74929302113.gif (472x360, 2.77M)

i wish i could mod the game to use the font from 1.0

>"it was harder and less convenient so that means it was better!".
Enjoying Eureka user?

Leveling tanks is super easy. Just spam highest level dungeon.

I fucking swear if Eureka was in 1.20 you shitheads would be praising it as a gift from god.

Nostalgia is literally a mental disorder and 1.0 praisers are definitive proof. No matter how terrible something actually was, if people can't go back and experience it for themselves again, they will remember it as great and wish for it to return.

leveling to 50 is so fucking easy just do whatever the fuck you want bro.

The absolute blue blazing fuck does that have to do with anything?

Give it a year. Eureka already has its defenders. Once it's passed out of relevance people will start saying how amazing it was.

>Tank has a shitty joke for a provoke macro
>He uses it often because he can't fucking hold aggro

Attached: 1546545299713.png (537x336, 280K)

I'm convinced it's a meme and they're just trolling.

The things people disliked about 2.0 launch from 1.0 were the class design changes, lowered difficulty, faster pace, introduction of the GCD and autoattack, linearization of dungeons, environmental tone changes and graphics quality drop. NOBODY liked the fuckhuge open world copypasta maps, especially Black Shroud which was just the worst thing to actually get through. But the ENVIRONMENT was cool. Coerthas looked cold and lonely without being buried in snow, the shroud was claustrophobic...thanalan and la noseca didn't actually change much.

they should reduce the ilvl sync for some places, it makes the content a joke. look at gordias. content was meant to be done at ilvl 170 but sync will put you at ilvl 270. not even coil was this bad, the sync was only 50 ilvl difference not 100.

Why am I always the only one using the cannons?

Attached: 1553445395586.jpg (391x409, 36K)

It's less of a stretch to believe the servers are DDOSed than it is to believe Square is cheaping out on servers desu

I stil believe if they hadn't fucked up so unbelievably bad with Pagos Eureka wouldn't be nearly as panned as it is. It's in no way engaging or good content but at least the game isn't actively working against fscilitating your experience like Pagos does, in the other zones you can blaze through an entire relic in like two lockouts.

I'm amazed that my hype for Shadowbringers went from fucking hyped at the NA fanfest to extremely apprehensive after the JP fanfest. How does Yoshi P do it?

Attached: 1549677022279.png (1200x1717, 1.97M)

>people disliked 2.0 class design changes
>people disliked faster pace
Literally no one did
>Graphics quality drop
In everything but out of combat character animations the visuals improved. 1.0 looked like shit. Absolute garbage textures and lighting, it wasn't good just because it was hi-rez. It had all the artistic quality of a puke.

The same time FFXIV got DDOS'd today, Blizzard got DDOS'd too you couldn't access the Blizzard launcher.

by giving people far too much info but at the same time not enough info, which causes mass speculation and inflated expectations

Because you're a shallow fucking nigger that hasn't had active thought in his head in years and just goes with the """"hype""" (read: what Yea Forums tells you)

I remember getting a laugh out of that male-miqo'te and highlander couple with the tonberries where it's obvious they're flamingly gay but the stigma comes from them being interspecies

It would help if they didn't constantly bait and switch with their announcements, and defy user expectations against all reason.

Where the fuck are the Feol?

Obviously they DDOSed blizzard to make it more believable.

Attached: 4545444.png (1582x1080, 2.31M)

Imagine never playing 1.0 and still shit talking the best thing about it

Attached: 1.0.png (1595x893, 2.46M)

You were promised Garlemald and had the patches build up to it, only to suddenly get pulled away to deal with a world that Hydaelyn should have been able to fix herself.

Mistress Krile?

You did it to yourself, by believing and listening to semi accurate "leaks" from Yea Forums and discord.
Ignorance is actually bliss. If you'd ignored everything here, each fanfest would have had a decent amount of new things to be excited for, though the JP fanfest would still be lacking even from that perspective.

Attached: unknown (19).png (1632x1080, 2.33M)

Heh i'm just chiming in guys to archive the fact that i defended release Pagos since day one and i didn't start it recently.
One day i'll be accused and i will point to the archives.

Attached: i droped the ball.gif (192x206, 25K)

>WoW is making a comeback with 8.2
>shadowbringers look like trash

Attached: 1531428715444.gif (480x480, 2.89M)

>he actually believed Minfillia could accomplish anything on her own, ever

You have no one to blame but yourself for this outcome

Nowhere because this isn't XII Revenant Wings.

Will fanta to Rava.

so is the game still the same at max level? grind your daily roulettes for better gear until the next patch makes it obsolete and you grind for new gear?

Wow, user, there's not a single true statement in that post. I'm impressed.

Attached: 1549631070780.jpg (4000x2393, 3.25M)

Hey the gear lasts two patches thank you very much

I never played it, but I will say the game often looks prettier than XIV due to the higher polys/texture quality. They've improved with time because Mor Dhona is U G L Y.

The game is never going to drastically change its endgame because stability of gameplay purpose and progression is a large part of its appeal when placed against its competitors. If you aren't enamored with XIV's endgame you should look elsewhere, or play it on your own since it's a Final Fantasy game after all; people were asking your exact question in relation to Heavensward sharing ARR's exact content-model.

Attached: 1549012217703.jpg (512x384, 53K)

you don't have to grind daily roulettes, I don't know why you would do that unless you're doing progression raiding

THERES BARELY ANY GOOD PORN FOR THIS GAME!!! WHAT THE FUCK GUYS. YOU GUYS DO ALL THIS ERP SHIT BUT YOU CAN MODEL OR CREATE ANY LEGIT GOOD PORN? THE ONLY PORN THATS OUT ARE FOR MISHITOTES AND CRAPPY SFM ONES. COME ON PEOPLE!

Is that supposed to look good?

It looks better then present XIV. I'm hoping for a graphics bump in Shadowbringers but I'm not expecting it.

Don't be contrinarian now.

PS3 limitations.

All areas and most gear introduced after they dropped PS3 support look massively better because they don't have the poor kids holding them back anymore.

>almost literally every single piece of porn for this game is one generic futa cat slut railing another generic cat slut

Attached: 1554855213859.jpg (680x680, 44K)

You aren't going to get one because they'd have to redo all assets for all expansions.

Anybody else think that the new siren in Borderlands 3 could easily pass as a femroe?

Seriously how the fuck is there not a single wincest doujin of these two yet

Attached: tumblr_ou0rl90gJ91qznoe4o1_400.png (400x294, 138K)

I wish 2.0 had that font...

Yeah. Might recruit some into my squadron or make an alt as one or something but I can't fantasia to it.

this. lesser games get twice as much coverage than this supposed " second best mmo on the market".

If you wanna get mad look up the siren XIV and realize nobody's done any art of that.
>Monster bird-bitch with fucking gigantic titties

Attached: Siren_XIV.png (480x480, 429K)

Attached: 1531059802834.png (1249x598, 229K)

I'm honestly fine with the graphics pretty well staying as they are if they could expand the goddamn customization options in the character creator

The patrician of tastes

>4 thumbs up

The absolute state of retarded RP fags

I really, really wish they would change/modify the game's engine to get rid of animation sliding and the cast/effect delay. It would make the game 50% better in my view.

Attached: 1542663169854.webm (556x314, 2.99M)

This is why WoW will always win

Attached: 1536415554809.jpg (457x671, 27K)

>not a single wincest doujin
it boggles the mind.

She looks so smug.

What is WRONG with these degenerates?

haha

Yeah same here. It's pretty firmly in the realm of "fuck it good enough". Just don't zoom in on anything and you're good. We need more than four fucking faces per race though. Like bad.

It's SO MUCH FUCKING FUTA PORN. OR THE RETARDS DECIDE TO GO OFF MODEL AND INCREASE THEIR TITS TO PLANET BUSTING SIZES. FUCK I JUST WANT NORMAL SOMEWHAT ON MODEL NUDES OR SEX SCENES WITH THE SCIONS. EITHER THAT OR ACTUAL ANIMATIONS THAT DIDNT LOOK LIKE A HORNY MEXICAN SPENT A WEEK ON BLENDER.
OH THERE IS BUT ITS CRAPPY SFM LIKE REALLY FUCKING TRASH TIER SFM

>Don't be contrinarian now.
The fucking irony is dummy thick

>he's not a gaychad

Attached: Alphinaud bed (1).png (1568x2400, 2.22M)

for example...

Attached: 1554786627085.gif (720x480, 1.24M)

>WoW is better in this regard
Don't go to Goldshire on an RP server, mate.

This one is actually pretty cool.

Oh don't even act like Tauren players don't exist.

WTF NOOOO I THOUGHT THE TRANNIES WERE JUST A MEME THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>dummy thick
NONE CAN SURPASS THE GARLEAN'S FINEST

Attached: Zenos thicc onion.jpg (728x954, 114K)

>Here's our new job, Blue Mage!
>And it's coming in 4.5!
>lol jk it's actually a glorified minigame

>We're adding a new race, it's Viera!
>jk it's actually two half-races, and they can't wear helmets

>We're adding two new jobs! This one's a tank!
>Were you expecting healer for the other one? lmao too bad it's a dps even though we added 2 dps last expansion.

>Not only are you finally going to take down the Garlean empire, you'll also have to deal with an impending calamity of light! How will you become the Warrior of Darkness while also contending with the machinations of the Empire and their schemes to sow chaos across the world! Will you end up working with the empire, or the ascians? Will you be forced to make tough decisions and personally cause chaos to bring darkness back to the world? Is Hydaelyn not all as she seems?
>jk the expansion actually has nothing to do with Garlemald. You're going to that other dimension that's ravaged by light whose plot we basically resolved 2 years ago. Hydaelyn dindu nuffin and your role as a warrior of darkness just involves killing mad angels.
>here's a crappy final patch which doesn't lead-in to that at all and instead is a massive sidestep from the Garlemald buildup we've been feeding you for a year.

It's really baffling. It's like they identify the correct decision and then deliberately do the opposite.

Knowing people who commission their characters extensively, never underestimate the autism of the donut steel. It's actually made me realize "You millennials and your avocado toast" man was kind of right in a way. I don't begrudge the odd commission but I've gotten of my characters something like 6 pictures over 7 years. And I'm a stingy jew so 50 dollars seems too much for me while from a lot of artists 70-100 dollars is the average price for a picture.

You got a link? Or do you mean Garuda? I'm starting to think I should try my hand at SFM. Animations would be too much but it shouldn't be impossibly hard to do stills.

The only load screens 1.0 had were traveling between regions (ex. Black Shroud to Coerthas), when teleporting between aetherytes, and when the server needs to throw you into an instance of an area for a quest/trial.

>Yoshida is a former WoW player working for a greedy company.
He was also a former EQ1/DAoC player.

Attached: dote.jpg (593x527, 77K)

The Blackest Night is a pretty fun skill. Shame I can barely use it when I do roulettes. What are your thoughts on the tank balance when 5.0 releases

Attached: 1553925900987.png (1920x1080, 3.35M)

You're blind user.

Check the cutscene animations from 1.X to 2.X.
What the fuck happened?
Hell even check cutscenes from 2.X to 3.X.
They just got fucking lazy. Thancred vs WoD was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

Attached: VAucAmR3sDcP6vgCopat37pIKVTwwYN2LlCpIvVC_k4.png (633x345, 114K)

Like anyone wears helmets in this game anyway. They can still wear hats as long as they don't cover the face.

Context on this question? What is this referring to and what year was it asked?

I don't know what to think about their intention to sort tanks into offtank and main tank. Feels like railroading to me. But at the same time I don't see how to avoid it while still keeping some class variety.

>They just got fucking lazy.
They're terrified of spending too much time and attention on cutscenes after extravagantly-choreographed and motion-captured cutscenes in 1.X didn't help that it was a shit money-hole of a game

We've only seem them in their race outfit and the dancer AF and the race outfit had them but the AF did not so we're like 50/50.

I'm leaning towards normal feet outside of race gear though. No way Yoshi put in that amount of work to go back and manually adjust all the footwear after he bitched about it repeatedly. Also the lore blurbs on the site said that the only difference between them and hyur/elezen is the ears. No mention of the weird feet at all.

Creating 2.0.

Basically, they were asking "do you guys super like the 1.0 mechanics or are you cool with us just making a whole new game"

I don't really mind the categorization since it's already a bit of an unspoken rule that the tanks play rock-paper-scissors with eachother on MT/OT order. So long as tanks stay relatively as they are (you have no problems having your Paladin tank a dungeon despite forever being the off-tank in a multiple-tank instanced fight or content for example) I'm fine with it.

on which server can i find a tranny gf?

Attached: 121241243567321.gif (480x270, 73K)

I expect them to drop tank stances in 5.0 and just have traits for damage mitigation + added threat on all of their skills. With shit like Shirk there should be no worries about accidentally taking hate over your co-tank. WAR will finally get its dps nerf as a result of such changes.

That was a mistranslation. Only gear that replaces the gear will work.
>Q: With the two new races' unique heads, how will their headgear work?
>A: It won't be displayed, because those face parts wouldn't work in FFXIV's system if headgear were involved. Even Viera ears would've had to be moved down to where Miqo'te ears are. It would've been meaningless if you couldn't go all-out creating characters from these new races, so we decided that helmets wouldn't be necessary. You can equip them, but they won't be displayed. However, things that replace the head are OK, like the snowman head, fat chocobo head, etc. No glasses. Basically, the default is that it won't be shown, and only things that replace the head are ok. We'll make more things compatible over time, bit by bit, but they won't be compatible at launch.

Aw fuck, my autism's gonna force me to use their starting foot gear in every outfit I use.

Can't remember the last time I actually wore a helmet anyway since they keep adding gay circlets or facemasks

ALL OF THEM

>What the fuck happened?
They lowered the production values on cutscenes to the point where 85% of them are literally just a series of LUA commands to position camera here, make X turn&talk to Y, and cut camera to Y after.

But even the class and job quests have better animation then the story. HILDABRAND quest lines have better cutscenes. What the fuck dudes?

I am so sick of fucking circlets. fucking japs and there fujoshit armor mentality.

Tater thots.

I'd be okay with that if it meant that tanks had to actually do their aggro combo occasionally to keep threat even with stuff like diversion/shirk. Otherwise the tank role has truly become meaningless and may as well just be dissolved and converted into DPS.

I'm fine with no helmets seeing as we barely get any good ones anyway. But give me glasses god damn it

You're an idiot to believe any of that shit was good. If the game was great it wouldn't of needed rebuilt.

This person has never seen how many cats are born at once have they? Or how quickly it can happen?

Everyone had ass in 1.0....

Even the males.

I think this works right now because even though it's unspoken, they're still designing every tank as just a tank.
If they actually start balancing and making changes around "offtanks/maintanks must lack certain utilities they had in 4.0 to enforce the MT/OT paradigm" and suddenly a two OT combo or 2 MT combo doesn't work in PF, then we have a problem.

>You're going to that other dimension that's ravaged by light whose plot we basically resolved 2 years ago.
I got to that part of the post-HW quests a few months ago and I was fucking baffled by the Shadowbringers reveal. Didn't Hydaelyn just Deus Ex Machina away the light flooded dimension?

Wait so Ronso can't equip helmets? FUCK, man, I was totally gonna be one, too.

balmung, mateus, and gilgamesh are your best bets

Motion cap for 1.0, cheapening it with ingame animations for ARR onwards. Blows my mind how much the quality dropped. The stuff in 1.0 was a true cinematic, sort of thing I could see an animated series being. Woulda been nice if some of those SHEKELS got put into XIV to look pretty instead of just Nomura's Final Fantasy American Pie 2 adventure.

I'd be fine with triaging it. Motion cap chroreography for highly important narrative scenes, voiced but ingame animations* for semi-important, voiceless stilted ingame animations for regular cinematics. I Swear they put a lot more work into the animation of Solus' reveal.
youtube.com/watch?v=vmPo_w98vR4
His sit, lean back and lean into the arm, climbing up and turning around with a lean over to really put his weight into the step. It's not just the stilted walk OR emote with arms, not one or the other. It's nowhere near 1.0, but it's clearly better than the usual animations where people are as animated as old south park characters. That or their cinematography is just better.

But I am fine with not every cinematic being good. Just really pivotal ones.

Does that mean no pic related? Because this is the only thing I've been looking forward to desu. What's the point of viera if you can't do this.

Attached: Ffta-viera-redmage.jpg (258x500, 27K)

It's just an Elezen, don't worry.

The only good thing about 1.0 was the grafix, if they simply brought that back, and maybe an ass slider I'd be happy

Are you trying to imply that an almost seamless world was one of the key things keeping the game from being good?

They can EQUIP them, they just don't display.

And why would you bother being a ronso if you're going to wear something that hides your face anyway?

They also had hands in 1.0.

Attached: handy.jpg (1600x900, 161K)

I don't think their pregnancies would work the exact same way as humans. We're the only ones that have it so fucked up.

Ah okay

Damn, was hoping they were asking about the current state of the game to be honest

nope. not unless they manually make it work. but given that red mage is THE iconic viera job, it's probably on the compatibility shortlist.

I'm looking at the arcanist questline and dang. Looks pretty good at points.
youtu.be/B8WPSMzmGv4
Skip to 4:00, fuck the dumb slutty cat

Not initially but probably by 5.5x

Translation: we're lazy fucks and refuse to put holes for the new races ears to fit through.

Fucking WoW did this with tauren years ago. Allowing their horns to go thru the helm, some helms with side horns get replaces by the tauren's. Something wow can do with a 2 decade fucking old engine that FF14 can't with a rebuilt one.

Face it, 2.0 and on is a successful game drawing in new players every month. 1.x had to go free to play just to try and regain players trust because it was bombing and brand name was not helping one bit. And you're trying to tell me you're not contrarian.

I think in the end their implementation of the dichotomy will probably be that they're still a tank but their status as OT/MT will determine the scope of their abilities. Paladin as a dedicated OT currently has abilities focused around actually defending the rest of the party in some way or another (from healing to a "get behind me" shield), WAR is good for either but usually is a MT because it generates aggro with almost everything it does and it has HP to spare, DRK is better at MTing than PLD but will still lose to a WAR.

Did you forget to reply to me?

We're talking about graphics user.

ffxiv can absolutely do it. they did it with miqot'e. many helmets have cat ears specifically for them.

Bait & switch announcements and failing to set expectations. Not to mention weird choices like going to another world instead of expanding the unvisited parts of our own. Also evidence of cutting corners like new races not being able to display headgear because they couldn't be bothered to do it correctly and opted to just skip that step completely and maybe they'll patch it in later.

The last time I heard
>might finish it later when we have the resources
in another game, it was a bad time.

Because I like bestial races. It's cool that they have claws and fangs and run like that. Besides, I toggle the visor for cut-scenes and such. But man, this really bummed me out, dude. I can't discard my plague doctor mask.

She went over there to try and fix it, clearly she couldn't. I mean think about it - she's a vessel of Hydaelyn. Light. You can't solve a suffocating cascade of light with more light, any more than Zodiark was able to stop the fall of the shard into eternal darkness. My guess is if the balance is out of whack Zodiark and Hydaelyn lose control and the light or darkness takes on an identity all it's own. Hydaelyn was once in perfect harmony and union with Zodiark. While he likely took all the darkness, I could see a situation whereby Hydaelyn's origin taints her from being attuned to pure undivided light. Not that she has darkness in her, but she was not from something that is eternal light. Shitty metaphor is that she isn't 100% light, she's 50% light 50% emptiness. The Light that is suffocating the first world is 100% light.

All I know is Zodiark wants balance and can't control pure darkness, so it looks like the same is true of Hydaelyn and light.

I haven't done the arcanist, but it seems like the cinematography and use of it to mitigate poor animations varies between quests.

It's because they were recycling animations from some of the Limsa MSQ in 1.0

Seems like the devs are getting lazy. Wouldn't be surprised if this expansion is
>Great ideas
>Terrible execution
Get ready for a ton of "wait why didn't x stop y right there?" "The fuck what do you mean the teleporter suddenly broke (story only)" anyone can think of any others?

It was cooler when it was theorized the expansion was a time skip and Eorzea gone to hell so ya gotta go back to the past to play the shitty game that sucks ass.

Oh shit really? You have the old cutscenes?

Same.

This game having absolutely buttfuckingly retaded plot contrivances is nothing new.

>CAST THE EYES INTO THE ABYSS
>Hey you know how tempered people are mindless ticking time bombs who live for nothing but their god? Yeah let's invite a group of those into our retarded floor council! What do you mean they summoned their Primal in here? WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?!

Attached: 1553968566851.jpg (405x294, 39K)

THROW THEM OVER THE SIDE OF THE BRIDGE is at least believable as a panic solution of "get the eyes the hell away from Estinien" but Lyse letting the tempered ananta was legitimately really indefensible and stupid. Lyse knows how they work already, she was around for Ramuh and the tempered sylphs.

Oh, alright. Is that something shown later on? I got to the undersea turtle things right before I let my sub lapse.
Neat cutscene, wish more were like that.

>FFXIV plot inevitably ends up with "light and dark are both wrong humanity prevails we wuz allagans" anime troupe

Attached: 20180123230936.jpg (1360x768, 169K)

Pretty hard to believe she studied under Louisoix
isn't it?

Attached: 1554875808877.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

Cats win again, bunnyggers :3c

I know but Shadowbringers is gonna be even more disappointing because it's going to introduce a lot of cool stuff only for them to drop it or end it in the most unsatisfactory way possible. What's the dumbest things you can imagine them introducing and then dropping?

Kinda like what they did to WoD, Nanamo's death, and others.

Was ishgard the only well written plot with an okay conclusion?

>devs are getting lazy
>t. spend all day shitposting on Yea Forums

Well if it makes you feel better the head writer for HW is back for ShB.

lately (see: ~patch 4.2) "lazy" became the latest, dankest shitpost for why content isn't coming out every other week

To be fair that was the dumb mhigger Lyse. What bothered me is she wasn't held to task over it rather than that she did it.

As says that was Aymeric telling us to get those things away from him. It was rationale to not believe there was a spooky masked man waiting to give it to a Mhigger false-flag terrorist.

Nah it wasn't shown, it's just inferrence on what is the likely explanation. We do have cinematics where Zodiark's minions (Solus, Elidibus) express specifically "We want a balance of light and darkness", and I think there's a cinematic or some kind of narrative explanation for Zodiark not benefitting from a world of darkness. This is from the wiki so it's not a direct quote but
>He claims that while he serves with the utmost loyalty, a world riddled with darkness does nothing for his master.
>His Emissary, Elidibus, has more in-depth knowledge of his master's plans and motives, as he mentions Zodiark wishes to alter the balance of light and darkness but not radically change or shatter it. Elidibus explains that a formless void filled with either light or darkness does nothing for him. This suggests Zodiark is not a complete chaos-bringer, but remains shrouded in mystery.

I know I heard this ingame, just not sure which cutscene it was with Elidibus. From the second greentext it sounds like Hydaelyn and Zodiark have 'control' over the light and dark but are not of the light or dark. Sort of like how Poseidon is King of the Sea but is not the living Sea or water itself. So just imagine if the ocean covered the world and became too much for Poseidon to control and you'd have the situation.

Attached: Andrea_Doria_as_Neptun_by_Angelo_Bronzino.jpg (2536x3508, 513K)

>Tater thots.
i'm stealing this

I fear that what will happen is that the entire mission to save the First will end up having no lasting impact on the story at all. They'll come up with some reason why going there is imperative, but once it's resolved it'll be like it never happened. They'll offer lots of exposition on Zodiark/Hydaelyn/Ascians to try and convince you the diversion was worthwhile, but ultimately Shadowbringers will not move the plot forward in any meaningful way, and its events will amount to little more than filler intended to prolong the game's story.

I won't write it off completely until I've actually done the 5.0 story. The Dragonsong War could also be interpreted as having little to do with the game's main plot, yet it ended up being a very satisfying story, and the characters and locations introduced still have an effect on the story now, so there's not zero hope. But based on how terrible the 4.56 lead-in to shadowbringers was, my hopes aren't high.

We will never get armor like this
We will never get armor without a skirt or trench coat

>No glasses

Lmao absolutely dropped.

Are ya forgetting to reply to someone?

Do you pay me money to develop a MMO? No? Oh okay. You're doing the same thing do bro.

I don't care about quantity of content. It's the quality dude.

How are glasses gonna stay on your big dumb cat head

Heels with sheer ankle socks is the best desu.

>Do you pay me money to develop a MMO? No? Oh okay. You're doing the same thing do bro.
Just stop playing if you hate it so much.

So what's the minimal differences between the 2 clans?

And for the most important question, does Viera actually have bigger asses than the other races?

Attached: 1490174370877.png (700x700, 362K)

The Ascians goal is to rejoin the reflection worlds with the Source. If a reflection world falls completely to light or darkness and becomes a void, it's no longer able to be rejoined, so the ascians don't want that.

Attached: Scan_131019_0003.jpg (1280x1856, 175K)

We got so-
>My favorite knight set from HW had a buttcape
God dammit

Holy shit you weren't kidding. I couldn't recall a picture I had on hand of tha t but I googled it and shit is as scandalous as bare legs. It might even be more so.

If you want something trashy as fuck, look up "black tape project".

Gotcha. Almost seeming like they are good guys in a way, save perhaps their methods are retarded like Fuhrer Varis.

Oh, I can see that happening too. Who knows, maybe the shitty 4.56 lead-in was just because they were working hard on planning the plot of Shadowbringers(LMAO). I hope it'll be at least good filler. Can't wait for Minfilia to do her "second sacrifice" and everyone acting all sad again for her to appear back in 5.3

>Inb4 lmao food analogy
This game is like going to your favourite restaurant and they've done a pretty good job so far. Then they've changed suppliers to a crappier brand. It tastes somewhat similar but it's still objectively worse. It's not bad enough to stop going to the restaurant for good but enough to question what the fuck.

Trashy as fuck but muh dick holy shit* I meant to say. The gold and teal girl on the beach is fucking ridiculous. Matching heels and it would be just a walking avatar of sex.

Attached: Girl is choking on her ice cream and he's giving her the heimlich maneuver .png (700x1077, 524K)

>he doesn't wear pince-nez

I bet you wear immersion breaking trash like the endless summer glasses and other garbage.

Not really. Yda/Lyse's entire characterization up to stormblood has been of a complete ditz. She's a moron, that's an inextricable part of her character.

ANONS PLEASE?! ANY DRAWFAGS PLEASE JUST MAKE PORN OF LYSE IM BEGGING YOU DUDES.

I paid $80 for a commission of my Viera wearing glasses. Yeah, fuck this game.

1.0 felt like a world

ARR feels like a series of bubbles connected by loading screens

its funny how trannies still defend their modern ERP fest despite it being barely alive outside of expansion launches and SE funneling all the profits out of the game into FF15

B-but vieras aren't in the game yet...

can i get a list on what there wearing so i can glamour?

why are trannies drawn to ffxiv?

The plot for Shadowbringers was set in stone years ago. In fact the plot all the way to 5.55 is likely already in place, and they probably have a semi-solid idea of what they want to do for 6.0 and 7.0 too. People have a really warped idea of how long it takes to make games. Work on the next expansion begins almost immediately after the current expansion launches. Work on Stormblood started even before 3.1 released. Similarly work on Shadowbringers would have started even before 4.1, and one of the first things they work out is the plot. Voice acting for cutscenes is recorded something like 9 months before the cutscenes are actually put in the game.

Icarus flying too close to the sun is a lesson in hubris and overconfidence ruining an otherwise successful action. You got too greedy user, the jig is up

Attached: icarus1.jpg (640x250, 113K)

So do they have bigger asses or not?

You could post a battle of 1.0 combat and it would be about as exciting as that run.

>Graphics obsession
>Maze environments
>Chink developers mandating stamina system so their insectoid population doesn't grind themselves to death
Yeah, nah. The average RDM main has more brains than you. 1.0 deserved the ratings it got. The only thing it did well was literal asses, beyond that everything else was shit.

Attached: red.png (425x319, 77K)

You never make the retard comic relief sidekick the fucking protagonist

Trannies are drawn to MMOs in general because no other game allows you to stand around being a piece of shit attention whore to such the extent.

I don't know if anyone could have predicted that they'd cheap out so much that the new races wouldn't even be able to wear headgear. It's really a new low for XIV.

>Chink developers mandating stamina system so their insectoid population doesn't grind themselves to death
The fatigue system still exists in the game today. They just renamed it 'tomestones'.

Well I've officially given up on leveling my crafters. It was just...too much shit to take in and having gather so much bullshit. I couldn't do it. The one positive being I learned alot of easy ways to make gil.
What I don't get is, how do they expect new players to catch up and (eventually) be able to craft endgame gear if the process of leveling most of these classes is almost interconnected and INCREDIBLE time consuming at that? And with each new expansion that gap only gets that much wider. Maybe I'm just too casual for it.

Attached: 1553174328884.jpg (807x1079, 140K)

>Deep dungeons are challenging four man content where death matters and status effects are a real fucking thing

Why does the best content in the game get the least amount of support? It's so comfy going into them.

Attached: 1544045490453.png (500x214, 87K)

They should've changed her character after papalymo dies. I can't remember if she had a small shift or if she was exactly the same as in 2.X to 3.X

>PLEASE JUST MAKE PORN
>OF LYSE
now your making me clench my fist.

¢°€

You can get a crafter from 1 to 50 in a few hours if you know what you're doing. From then on the Moogle and Namazu quests make it a breeze to 70.

They give you crafting dalies for a reason user, you're not meant to plow through it in like three days.

Absolute light corrupting the same as absolute dark is at least an interesting aesthetic. Worlds with no night, everything the light touches is warped and corrupted with angelic looking mutations, wings and halos instead of eyes and tentacles. Sunbleached sand instead of shadows.

Attached: ffxiv_04102019_195008_201.png (1920x1080, 3.96M)

FUCK MOST OF HER PORN RN IS WESTERN MADE AND THEY RUIN HER PROPORTIONS. DONT EVEN REMIND ME OF THE WESTERN ARTISTS WHO CANT FUCKING DRAW HUMAN FACES AND INSTEAD EL GOBLINA.

Buy gil poorfag

Attached: 1239476705.png (600x400, 261K)

Beast tribe dailies makes it easier but yes it is time consuming. With anything in this game if you fixate on your ultimate goal instead of just enjoying the game as it comes, you will have a miserable time.

I think they have said they want to address the difficulty of getting into crafting for new players, but they didn't lay down any hard commitments.

>Deep dungeons are challenging four man content where death matters and status effects are a real fucking thing

is this a joke?

Attached: 1416127329194.gif (400x300, 954K)

I wonder if they'll ever further explain Mullonde because it's very clearly an area that's been flooded with light.

uh, all the warriors of darkness or shadowniggers as i like to call them, get out of the first because its for light people only, understand, cause if you don't we will make DRK shit again

Why do western artists even try and draw porn? When I'm running things they'll be first against the wall, I promise you.

When everyone wasn't 99/99.
Yeah shit was intense when it first came out. So many fucking wipes due to retards mass pulling without a healer.

How many more expansions until we get anti-aliasing options? I love the game but god damn shit is shimmering and jagged as fuck.

Sin eaters also look pretty dope. I'd love the idea of them being tortured souls stuck in some kind of permanent penance the way voidsent I think are often previously human. Or if their sins or virtues reflect in what they were created as.

Attached: 1547007423241.jpg (1159x918, 467K)

Some of them can draw pretty well. But I don't know what's with the majority being complete ass. Especially that lyse one with that cat girl comic. Holy shit the artist doesn't know what anatomy is.

How many more expansions till we can get an HD texture pack?

>gathering

You're already doing it wrong. Gathering is for poopsockers and botters. You level crafters through leves and GC turnins. Buy what you need off the market board. As in buy a stack of 99 HQ bronze ingots and turn them all in as HQ leves. This is how the pros do it.

>pince-nez
my fucking mhigger

Attached: 1536666260678.jpg (1200x800, 165K)

HOW WHERE WHAT?!

>When the DRK in the cinematic splits open the sky to bring back a starry night
>The people who live in this world probably haven't seen anything but bright overcast for their entire lives

Attached: 1531796785869.jpg (193x259, 27K)

Based retard.
Nothing is stopping me from playing the game. Why care about tomestones when you're helping a friend clear something they need? You do have friends, right?

I hate her so much no porn of her will ever do anything for me.

*clenches dick*

I'd enjoy them more if they didn't basically force you to commit 4 hours in a single sitting to go to the upper floors. Yeah technically you can leave and come back, but if you're pugging then that shit just isn't going to happen.

Also the levels of RNG unfairness and the time pressure in the upper floors make it really frustrating. Last time I did HoH I got to about level 81, pulled a mammoth, and it did a cone attack which one-shot the entire party with absolutely no counterplay, erasing 3 hours of progress.

Nothing was stopping you from playing the game during the fatigue system either you fucking idiot. You could even switch class and continue to gain exp.

>Mfw we were played the whole time and cast the first shard to complete darkness and chaos.

Whoops.

Attached: 1372519476345.jpg (500x379, 52K)

What the fuck is going on with her right shoulder?

Based on the interactions with the Warriors of Darkness, it definitely doesn't seem like the First has been fucked up with light for all that long, since they were apparently personal contributors to what would eventually become the flood of Light. At the least it shouldn't be out of living memory.

>Just switch classes so that you can no longer do the content that you wanted to do because you're not high enough level
huh...so this is how 1.0 drones think

There's some weirdness going on with time. They told us the First has legends of the Warriors of Darkness coming to save them, but it takes time for legends to form. Canonically it's only been a few months since the flood even started.
Sin Eaters were also known to the Amdapori 1600-2000 years ago, LONG before the flood started. I think that when you cross dimensions, you can also cross diagonally through time even without realizing.

>Sunglasses made from flat panes of smoky quartz, which offered no corrective powers but did protect the eyes from glare, were used in China in the 12th century or possibly earlier.

What is her expression trying to convey?

Attached: 25262372.jpg (507x541, 24K)

True, I guess the people there have only been experiencing this light apocalypse for at most like a decade. If those warriors of darkness were from the same shard at least, I don't remember much about it.

>Just stop progressing and go do something else because the devs put an artificial cap on your progression every week so lazy faggots don't get left behind
It's literally the exact same thing.

dude i am so fucking high right now

>We save the first shard and the shard that is basked in darkness by unifying the two of them, thereby beginning the slow march towards reuniting the broken up worlds.

Attached: 1500420441197.jpg (600x649, 43K)

>mhiggers being high instead of productive
makes sense

What the fuck is up with her shoulders?!
Also how come animators do NOTHING WITH THE MODELS. The ones that do are complete garbage and are no better then smudging a ken and barbie doll together.

>>We're adding a new race, it's Viera!
>>jk it's actually two half-races, and they can't wear helmets
Not a negative stay seething male vierafag.

>Posting a hag

Attached: iyb5ai.png (1030x684, 936K)

The 13th aka the void is already long gone, it's beyond saving. There is nothing left to save, it's literally just an endless void of pure darkness inhabited only by monsters.

It's not about people getting left behind, it's about extending your sub

Huh. How come these look better than the screenshots on the forums? Is it because they aren't trying?
Heh get ready for the big cliffhanger in 5.x when we fuck up.

>prepared it for the decade coming by having high polygon count

You are utterly full of shit but this is your biggest offense; poor optimization isn't "preparing" for anything, the amount of polygons on basic objects was needlessly high as if they exported models from something like ZBrush without any retopology being done. Objects like flowerpots would put strain even on current gen tech.

>As in buy a stack of 99 HQ bronze ingots and turn them all in as HQ leves. This is how the pros do it.
I didn't know about any of that. thanks 4 the tip.

rent free

The problem I have with them writing off an entire shard is that it would mean they would never be able to make Hydaelyn (The world, not the goddess) whole. It'd always be 86% full. You're right (right now) and my theory is crackpot right now, but I can see this happening if the WoL is not enough to turn the tide of darkness. The power of the WoL is such that it's entirely plausible one WoL could do it, but I feel like it would be the perfect solution to the Void. All consuming light meets all consuming darkness and balance is achieved.

This also loops us back into the Source plot. Varis wants to unify the shards to make the master race. Ascians want to unify the shards but have Zodiark still rule. Now the WoL is threatening to unify the shards on the WoL's terms.

I'm just looking forward to dwarves desu.

Attached: ffxiv_pub_fanfestival_2019_tokyo_53_display.jpg (600x800, 62K)

t. mountain puncher

right well i'm using bronze ingots as an example. and then you use the mats you got from the leves to make your own damn ingots and sell them to get your money back.

Post Fordola.

The Ascians only care about having enough rejoinings to revive Zodiark, and that only requires one more at this point. Plus rejoining things isn't really something we should be doing because it kills an entire planet in the process.

Attached: 1554692444353.jpg (3551x2256, 1.46M)

black guy must've took this mans bitch

this game has a high population of born vagina female players. they don't draw porn, they write porn.

>Not picking gyaru bunnygirls

Attached: ok fag.png (603x678, 912K)

>not maxing all crafters in aprox~ 2 years by just doing daily ixal, moogle and namazu quests

I'm already a gyaru Elezen, why would I downgrade?

Attached: 1493462486044.jpg (707x1000, 1013K)

1.0 had loading screens traveling between cities and the areas outside of them. You can see it for yourself by loading up that 1.23b server emulator. Start in Gridania and go to the Black Shroud, mandatory loading screen.

>Tall
>Rava
>Gunbreaker
I can't wait.

Oh didn't know it involved killing the planet, I thought that was just Varis' retardedness or the ramshackle way the WoD were trying to do it (basically "we're going to make you die so we can live"). Though if only 1 planet has to die to rejoin, then the void doesn't have a planet to die. But if any rejoining causes problems, yeah I guess the theory won't work since it'll be what Zodiark wants. Unless that's what the WoL-WoD needs to do. Bring back Zodiark to achieve the balance.

But yeah it'll prob just be WoL doing it.

Attached: 1554691754447.jpg (1400x1983, 838K)

replace this with a Veena and fat Mi'qote from the First Shard, someone

Attached: 143513551.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

post nudes

Like the look of Helions better but they are literally Orbiters. And don't like black sclera on other cat guys.
What do?

>Oh didn't know it involved killing the planet
Yeah, the entire other world gets reduced to aether and shoved into our lifestream. Arbert and his group were trying to 'save' the First by rejoining it because they figured there was no stopping the flood. They just wanted to salvage what was left of the life there and maybe give it a chance to be reborn in our world someday.

I mean if people don't expect the WoL to eventually say "fuck the police" and save eveyone because we're such a big damn hero that we tell the entire cosmogony of the universe to fuck off we're doing it our way then they're deluding themselves.

Fuck I meant a Rava

2cute for this world, she and Papagetsu deserved happiness

>sudden surge of XIV doujin featuring ugly bastard fat cats
I will be moderately enraged if this actually happens.

>Half dozen or so IRL friends/acquaintances play FFXIV
>5 out of 6 of them are female
>4 out of 5 of those females are actually pretty cute
>Most of them don't seem the type to play vidya otherwise
It feels like now that the genres popularity has died this has become pretty commonplace. Girls play a lot of MMO's and for some reason flock to Destiny.

Attached: 1531114288500.jpg (855x470, 58K)

Attached: fpn3vu.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

if I recall right the biggest problem with 1.0 is hardly anyone could run the damn thing, and those that could got disconnected every 10 minutes.

The only good porn of yda is with a monster moogle. FUCK IM BEGGINGNYOU DRAW FAGS OR ANIMATORS PLEASE MORE PORN OF LYSE

will they remake DRK and MCH to be good? please say yes.

>Lyse
no thanks, I'm good.

Attached: tomatika_jacks.jpg (817x819, 62K)

Mfw meet a girl in my FC. Can't hide my autism due to past experiences with video game girls.

"So haha, how many FCs did you ruin?"

Fuck I feel like the WoL when he's offered a cup of tea.

Attached: insufficient data for a meaningful answer.gif (250x251, 1002K)

>Players asking for retcons
Oh no.

Have a backup job just in case. They could easily find a way to make them worse.

Any of the scions? (Passing y'sholta she has a ton of porn already)
Please user? I'll do anything!

>Start playing the game in 2014, not many people on my server either it's a preferred world
>Not really into it so drop it
>Pick it back up a few months before Heavensward
>Get hooked
>Fast forward to today I'm maxed out everything
>Server is no longer preferred and is full of new players and returners
>I stick out as a glowing armor and weapon nigga while everyone else wears low level clowns suits

anyone else know this feel and enjoy it?

There's probably more than you realize, they just know better than to admit it in front of someone like you.

DRK is the posterboy of the expansion so hopefully that means they'll get some much needed change. My money is on no, but I'll still level one for the class storyline.

>So haha, how many FCs did you ruin

Attached: 1547773477189.png (115x189, 30K)

Smile and nod stoically. Or have someone emergency call you and make you leave your lovely dinner with a charming elven prince and best city-state leader I felt so damn spoiled doing DRG before HW came out and it felt like the entire expansion as tailor made to my WoL. And then my two favorite boys keep being relevant as fuck.

Attached: 38482492904092.png (1473x154, 53K)

I like how when you were being evacuated they just bypassed gridania and brought you to ishgard.

>will they remake DRK and MCH to be good? please say yes.
They remade BRD to be good so maybe, come back in June

You WILL know if a woman is playing the game, they will say it every chance they get.

tough girls forced to act girly and cute is my fetish, like the tomboy growing up and discovering her feminine side though much to her unliking

I will always love them frosty bastards.

I guess it can't be helped. I've had so many bad experiences with girls I get way too paranoid around them. If it isn't them it's the beta orbiters. Girls get way too big of an advantage when playing an MMO and then they still cause a shit ton of drama.

*Stares at teacup intensely.*

i remember hearing something about the models in this game being kind of work with

Ah, so just like any other video game in existence with an online community of any sort.

Final Fantasy as a series always had a larger number of female players than other games. Hence why most of the FF games now feature a fuckboy looking cast instead of the classic warrior, dragoon, etc.

my nigga

Attached: 1555031028024.jpg (800x600, 36K)

sauce?

>Hence why most of the FF games now feature a fuckboy looking cast instead of the classic warrior, dragoon, etc.
>Hence why most of the FF games now feature a fuckboy looking cast
>now

Attached: 1531181816296.jpg (1000x644, 194K)

Not in my experience, that's more the exception, and often a catfish anyways trying to get free shit.
Someone who feels the need to tell you they are a girl irl immediately sets off my "probably a guy" sensor, whereas people who never bring it up turn out to be women when voice chat is had.

Bartz is looking a bit little king john there.

those don't look as much as fuckboys as cloud, squall, vaan, and noctis.

If they add a butt slider to the Viera character creation, I would be one happy camper.

Tomatika on twitter, forgot their actual handle but search that artist

Gridania seems only useful for council meetings ever since the last time they did that in Ul'dah things didn't turn out very good. Ishgard really is (and should continue to be) the proper "home" of the WoL. It may just be as simple as that it's a city state you didn't choose to start at, so there's no risk of anyone getting upset. But beyond elf-mommy for Gridania or Momodi for Ul'dah I feel no connection to either city-state, and I can only imagine it's the same or worse for Limsa. I'm glad it's Ishgard and not More Donuts because that would have been the really forced "ITS YER HOME!!!" option. Ishgard's is natural to the story.

Nowadays it's as liable to be a tranny. The ubiquity of voice chat has made catfish less common but that only inhibits it within a group, not from the public or friends you only have ingame not on the dreaded and vile discord.

I am curious if the guild-ruiner mantle hasn't shifted from tee-hee-imma-grill women to trannies. I've only had experience with them in 2 guilds so far, so I can't say. And I'd think the orbiters who enable bad behavior and intensify it aren't liable to enable tranny guild disruption.

>men with lowcut tops, panties, and thick makeup are less fuckboyish than Cloud and Noctis
FF has always been a girly boy series. Chapter 15 Noctis is manly as hell in comparison.

Attached: 1543857903667.jpg (491x650, 73K)

>it did a cone attack which one-shot the entire party with absolutely no counterplay
Don't stack
Hope you learned something from it

....man I thought you the artist. Mang I just want me some scions porn wtf bros I don't need no stinky ass futa motherfuckas

>tfw feet mods

Attached: 1464942470742.png (520x590, 249K)

God damnit all this lore talk makes me want to resub and catch up before ShB drops

>hey user, i gave you all my buffs. will you commend me now?

Attached: lala dancer.png (798x770, 405K)

Thread's on autosage have my tater

Attached: ffxiv_04092019_021825_678.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

VERY ugly

Have these in response

Attached: ffxiv_dx11 2018-03-04 23-16-42-79.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)