Literally impossible

Attached: charmander.png (333x299, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_Game_Boy/manual/Formated/Pokemon_-_Blue_Version_-_1998_-_Nintendo.pdf
github.com/pret/pokered/blob/6ba3765c5932996f5da6417ae703794ff10bb1cb/data/trainer_parties.asm#L453
github.com/pret/pokered/blob/6ba3765c5932996f5da6417ae703794ff10bb1cb/engine/battle/trainer_ai.asm#L399
youtube.com/watch?v=7RfMj7MPGk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there's a potion in your pc, take it, retard.

/thread

>have to look up a guide to find a hidden item to progress
Absolute dogshit game design

Attached: 1534221221356.png (512x512, 187K)

You don't need it to progress, you can just lose to Gary its okay, nobody has to know how deep his cock went in you

>using potion
FFFAAAAAAAG

Man, you'd hate S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC.

Though to be fair, it's hilariously imbalanced at the start unless you happen to know about the vest.

I know you're meming but a lot of people still somehow lose, It's just fucking Pokemon, don't bother using growl/leer or anything other than tackle.

>some people still lose
How? If you just spam tackle you'll always win

People overthink it

Will Pokemon have soul again?

Attached: 1ee6014bc0a19d87d73ccbd970ca52ce.png (718x856, 709K)

>what is tactics

i honestly think the soulful days of pokemon are permanently over. g/s/c simply used all of the soul gamefreak had

ha smell ya later OP

>doesn't turn off game and never relaunch it on first defeat
Wtf, do americans really do this?

It was in the manual, back in the days were actually useful and not just how to turn on the game in 16 languages.
gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_Game_Boy/manual/Formated/Pokemon_-_Blue_Version_-_1998_-_Nintendo.pdf

Attached: 1531577623154.jpg (714x960, 60K)

The fuck? You start in the room with a PC. Do you not try to interact with your environment? This is why games have zero exploration now.

Attached: screaming_behelit.gif (500x368, 998K)

You can get unlucky and eat a crit.

Fuck off OP.

>have to look up a guide to find a hidden item
I wish it was easier, right?

Attached: 8870_screenshots_2014-02-11_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

Tackle can miss, your rival can get a crit.

Why is Bulbasaur so angry

>you need a luck to win a fight
bullshit

we've never been defeated so I guess not

Bulbasaur's stats are more special oriented. Charmander has both higher speed and attack, he's guaranteed to win a tackle off.

Vietnam

>the rival starter has no moves with a type advantage yet
>impossible to win
When in doubt, just debuff then attack it.

The AI is retarded and will spam status moves even if you're red health.

This game's easy bro what are you talking about
Did you really die during it?

Attached: Battlefield_Vietnam_Coverart.png (220x312, 168K)

Charmander has a better debuff and his scratch does more damage, and has better physical stats, and better speed so he goes first.

I say you win with Bulbasaur most of the time since the AI is stupid as fuck and sometimes spam leer a ton of times without attacking, but you can lose when the AI smarts up and just spams scratch.

The AI in Gen 1 is stupidly simple. Almost all battles have the AI choosing moves completely at random, except for important ones like gym battles. Even for them, the AI will simply choose a move of a type that's supereffective against you if they have one. Even if they're just spamming a nondamaging or really shitty move.

>all these lying faggots pretending they beat it
We all know you LIARS picked Charmander because you play on EZ mode

Attached: Untitled.png (1359x787, 75K)

>spam tackle until you're low health
>use potion you start with
>tackle again until you win

It is literally impossible to lose if you have even a modicum of intelligence

>charmander
>easy mode
>first two gyms are rock and water
Okay.

>using items
That's cheating, pokemon is far too easy with items.

No items and set mode is the way to play.

>charmander
>easy mode

what the fuck are you on about, it's weak to the first 2 gyms, Bulbasaur is easy mode.

>Charmander
>Gen 1
>EZ
Hello underage

>I played FRLG and think I know what I'm talking about
Brock knows literally 0 rock moves, retards

Attached: Untitled.png (1352x774, 63K)

Yes they did, you retarded genwunner. Every fire, water, grass, electric, ice, psychic and dragon move were classified as special. Why would the stat even exist if there were no special moves?

>says I need one parchment, two keys, and two rapiers
>symbos on the bells match the paper
>Assume that an item would appear if I rang the bell that matches the picture
>Nothing happens when I ring the scroll bell
>Ring it again, still nothing
>Try ringing the key bell a few times because I need two keys
>No keys ever drop
>Uninstall game and get a refund because shit doesn't work on release

I wonder how many idiots actually did what I just wrote out.

Charmander was harder to do early on because brock and misty both ransacked his ass. You basically had to either potion stall or just get a butterfree.

And Charmander only learns moves that are NVE against both his Pomemon, dumbass.

Bulbasaur attack: 49
Charmander attack: 52
Bulba HP and Def: 45 and 49
Charmander HP and Def: 39 and 43

Bulbasaur will never lose a straight tackle fight.

>post a picture showing that even when the moves aren't effective he still wins because Onix's stats are garbage
>adhd retard probably didn't even read it and makes a fool of himself

even if that is true, charmander has no decent way of damaging geodude and onix unlike squirtle/bulbasaur, so it's still wrong to call charmander easy mode. I know you're being retarded on purpose to get (you)s but still, get your shit together.

Oh wow, someone actually realized they were stupid and deleted their post instead of just acting liking they were trolling.
Remember to Google your shit before posting, not after next time.

You dont need to win to progress, dumb zoomer

Remember to always time your A presses with th4 Pokeball twitching when trying to catch something.

Attached: slowpoke.png (462x543, 10K)

>he

>possible 8 hit k.o.
Enjoy that bind trapping. Or did you not know about that?

Not recognizing obvious satire is a potential sign of autism.

Bulbasaur, wins Brock, wins Misty, wins Surge, ties Erika, loses Koga, loses Sabrina, loses Blaine, wins Giovanni.

4 wins, 1 tie, 3 loses, all loses are past mid game so you should have a good team by that point and he ends strong against giovanni.

Also shits on most dungeons, easy mode.

Squirtle wins Brock, ties Misty, loses Surge, loses Erika, ties Koga, ties Sabrina, wins Blaine, wins Giovanni.

3 wins, 3 ties, 2 loses, loses earlier than Bulba so you need a better team faster, but ends very strong, also shits on most dungeons, normal mode.

Charmander loses Brock, loses Misty, ties Surge, wins Erika, ties Koga, ties Sabrina, ties Blaine, loses Giovanni.

1 win, 4 ties, 2 loses, you need a team right at the start and you only cleanly beat Erika, you can evolve to Charizard to be inmune to Giovanni's ground moves, except he now 4x kills you with rocks, if you don't evolve he earthquakes and your dead, he ain't good at most dungeons, hard mode.

You underestimate how many dumb people there are in the world.

Shoulda picked squirtle, niggey. He has ice AND water.

>bind is clearly in the picture and accounted for
You are so stupid it hurts.
Like, you can just stop posting? Everyone would forget this happened? Yet you keep going and get even more retarded in your attempts to damage control and make it so we'll all be laughing at you forever?

>hurr type advantage is all that matters not like TMs and superior stats are a thing
Absolutely retarded
Put out a squirtle against fucking Groudon and see what happens

Bulbasaur and its evolutions are half poison so they tie against Koga

I'm pretty sure every grass pokemon in gen 1 is grass/poison except for paras and parasect. My 10 year old ass didn't ever really comprehend grass was weak to poison until gen 2 with chikorita.

The first time I ever played a Pokemon game I chose Bulbasaur as my first starter and beat his Charmander. I thought if I lost I would get a game over.

Tangela
Exeggcute
Exeggutor

Gen 1 had more normal types than every other gen combined.

Bulbasaur has a 4x weakness to Zubat's leech life in Gen I. Now you know why all the casuals complain about Zubat.

Oh yah tangela, always forgot that one existed and never used it in battle.
Exeggcute I'm really surprised I forgot. But they were phychic which i think resisted poison anyways so it also helped fool me.

>Absolutely retarded
>Put out a squirtle against fucking Groudon and see what happens
You win if you grind enough, this is just a play through the story not competitive matches, it's implied you can just grind and beat everything with brute force.

So the difficulty is only about how much grind do you need to do, or if you have it easy, Charmander need the most grind or planning, Squirtle is normal at the start but gets great at the end and Bulba stars easy and get a little worse at the end but your lv is so high it doesn't matter by then.

Oh right so Bulba is 4 wins, 2 ties, 2 loses, even better, also remembered that Giovanni doesn't have any rock moves in RB so Charmander is 1 win, 5 ties, 1 lose, except for Yellow since he does have rock slide so Char is back to 2 loses.

Charmander also gets fucked horribly by Lorelei in the E4

Attached: 99C6C2B8-6559-40EA-9D41-4DD54200A6E4.jpg (750x992, 755K)

Ember actually does some decent damage even at half damage, and with smart usage of growl Charmander can beat Brock without too much trouble.
Still easier just to raise a Butterfree for the job, mind you.
Also I don't want to read the reply chain but you're right to call him a retard if he's calling Charmander easy mode. Pokemon games are easy in general, but Charmander's only advantage in the early game is that it has an advantage against a section that's already piss easy, and even then Bulbasaur is probably better for the forest since it can't be poisoned. Ironically the bug types would actually be dangerous to Bulbasaur if they knew any bug type moves, considering its x4 weak to bug in Gen I.
Overall Bulbasaur has the easiest early game, as it's strong against practically everything you'll encounter up until the mid game, while Squirtle has a slightly tougher Misty fight and struggles against the third gym (luckily a non-issue since it's right next to Diglett Cave). Honestly it's hard to think of a situation where Charmander is straight up better than the other mons, the only gym where it really has a huge advantage over the other starters would be Erika, and it still has bad matchups even going into the last gym against Giovanni.

Best laugh of the day. I hope you drew that.

>not like TMs and superior stats are a thing
Charizard has shit for TMs and general movepool and its stats are far from optimal, though. It's best flying STAB is fucking wing attack until Yellow version finally let it learn the only slightly less shit Fly, meanwhile Blastoise is gifted with access to Ice moves, which is arguably the best offensive type in the game next to Psychic, and Venusaur has access to an amazing support movepool and a 100% crit move in Razor Leaf. Charizard was shit in Gen I, my man.

I was going to say that at least it counters Jynx, but then I remembered that in Gen I fire doesn't resist ice so even that'll be dealing super effective damage.

>rpg
>not clicking on everything
>not taking something clearly labeled "potion"

Do people actually lose this battle?

My very first playthrough as a dumbass kid was a level 65 Charizard + a bunch of low level HM slaves and I could never make it past Slowbro

Venusaurs attacks do jack shit to poison pokemon. You can't poison them, nor do your grass attacks do much of anything against them.

Attached: GIRUGAMESH.png (636x519, 24K)

>E4 difficulty
Bulbasaur loses Lorelei (because Ice beam spam), wins Bruno (only Hitmonchan is dangerous), loses Agatha (Psychic moves), ties Lance.

1 win, 1 tie, 2 loses.

Squirtle ties Lorelei, wins Bruno (Hitmonchan again is the only danger), ties Agatha, ties Lance.

1 win, 3 ties.

Charmander loses Lorelei, loses Bruno (because rocks), ties Agatha, loses Lance (because Gyarados).

1 tie, 3 loses.

He doesn't even have Wing Attack, he never learned in RB.

As fun as it is to pretend otherwise, it is actually completely possible to lose the rival fight by no fault of your own, at least if you don't remember to bring a potion. There are strats to optimize your chances of winning, but at the end of the day it's still two relatively equal low level pokemon with incredibly limited movepools, it's going to have an element of rng.
That's why you don't have to win the battle to progress in the game.

>needing the potion

charmander has scratch instead of tackle, retards.

But you can normal attack them to death without being super effective'd back.

Only people that want to play Yellow on a slightly easier mode since it makes the rival evolve his Eevee into Vaporeon.

Man, that brings me back to the dumbass shit I did as a kid.
>First Pokemon game was Yellow.
>Sweep the entire game with Pikachu, keeping one spare Pokemon for rock types like most kids, the anime had tricked me into believing that it was rock that was immune to electric, get the the E4.
>Sweep the E4 with Pikachu, but then get stuck on my rival's Sandslash because I couldn't grasp the concept that it was also immune to electric attacks.
>Even trade my Pikachu to a new save file of Yellow just so I can evolve it and try again, which obviously still doesn't help.
>Try teaching it a coverage move to help it beat Sandslash I taught it Thunderpunch.
>Eventually just realize I can easily beat Sandslash by spamming drill peck with Zapdos, and handily win the rest of the battle with Raichu.
I was a retarded kid.

>implying Soul Silver didn't have soul

>Leech seed.
Though by that point you should have either a ground or psychic type to sweep him.
Really, your starter choice stops mattering after the first gym, second if you're too lazy to catch an Oddish or Pikachu beforehand. By Lt. Surge you really have no excuse not to have a fleshed out team that can handle your starter's weaknesses.

Gary's Pokemon does not have the same stats and it is programmed to not straight tackle you to death anyway.

It's impossible to lose this fight without extremely bad RNG. You have to miss and he has to crit.

Actually I'd argue Squirtle beats Lance for the most part since a majority of his team is weak to ice, which Squirtle has easy TM access to.
>He doesn't even have Wing Attack, he never learned in RB.
kek, I guess I forgot. Charizard really did have a garbage movepool.

>Gary's Pokemon does not have the same stats
Calling bullshit on that.
>and it is programmed to not straight tackle you to death anyway.
It literally just uses random moves, the ai for the fight isn't special.

Not him, but I've also heard multiple times that the rival doesn't have regular starting stats. I've done several runs with Bulbasaur and have never once lost or had to use the potion. You have to intentionally throw the fight.

>>bind is clearly in the picture and accounted for
Onix is going go to outspeed and bind trap that Charmander. That 8 turn k.o. is going to turn into 20+

Yeah Squirtle has easily the best end game, you learn ice beam on celadon, and with it you can rekt Erika and kill Koga's Venomoth with ease, and as you said Lance's dragons are fucked.

Your stab move can be surf which does great damage, has a ton of pp and it's required to beat the game so you don't need another water hm bitch and you can use strength too (which as a little retard kid you most likely used on the starter) even better it can't learn flash and cut so you can't even ruin it that much.

Ice beam, Surf, Strength, Dig/Earthquake will kill almost anything and it's a set a little kid could easily use.

I'd say Squirtle is the best starter overall in RB.

I did.

I've always hated the implication that adults play Pokemon only using their starter. What a weird to enjoy the games.

>My 10 year old ass didn't ever really comprehend grass was weak to poison
grass is weak to poison?

Eh, I'd debate you on that.
Squirtle is the strongest starter in a vacuum, absolutely, and that's why it's the best starter solo (that's not even an opinion, plenty of speedruns use it for a very good reason), however the biggest issue with it is the simple fact that it doesn't really do anything that other water types couldn't do better. Squirtle suffers for being a member of one of the most oversaturated types in Gen I, and competes with far better mons like Slowpoke, Cloister, Lapras, and Starmie. The only thing it has over them is earlier availability, but even then Magikarp can also be obtained early and isn't that hard to grind up via switch training.
All three starters face stiff competition, but Venusaur has a legitimate niche over its fellow Grass/Poison mons and Charizard's the only non-legendary Fire/Flying for all that's worth (though if you consider Moltres then there's really no reason to run Charizard once you catch it). Blastoise unfortunately doesn't get anything in Gen I to really help it stand out from other water types.

Obviously, that's not even a weird Gen I thing, like Poison being weak to Bug, because it's true even to this day.

Well what else could be the difficulty judged on?

Your team can be whatever, and Kanto has enough pokemon to handle whatever is the next barrier, except for Brock which doesn't have any grass or water pokemon before and to a less extent Misty in which your only choice is Pikachu or Oddish/Bellsprout.

This leads to Bulbasaur being easy mode since it kills Brock and Misty, Squirtle is normal since it kills Brock but not Misty and Charmander is hard since it loses to both.

Poison is weak to bug? I always thought it was strong agaisnt it.

i mean, i haven't played since diamond or so, but i though i remembered all the weaknesses by heart

Only in gen I

Yeah obviously he's the best strictly in the "story mode", competitive wise Starmie and Slowbro are just much better.

I guess to be fair, Poison isn't exactly a popular attacking type.
Or at least it wasn't before Fairy was introduced.

Poison being weak to bug was a weird Gen I thing that was changed the very next gen into Poison resisting Bug.
As far as I remember, the weird Gen I type matchups were
>Poison was weak to Bug
>Bug was weak to Poison
>Fire took neutral damage from Ice
>Psychic was immune to Ghost (likely an oversight, as NPCs refer to Psychic being weak to Ghost)

>gary
based

One problem for bulbasaur is a lack of early attacks. For grass moves you have to make do with vine whip until level 30 where you finally get razor leaf, and vine whip only has 10 pp. It's not a problem for gyms but does make resource management in the in between sections more important.

>PC
>hidden
Why are people who post female anime characters the absolute lowest IQ anons

That's how I played as a kid. By Cerulean city I usually had like a level 30 Charmeleon or other starter, and the type difference was irrelevant. I always had a level 99 for the elite4 and spanked them effortlessly.

>losing the first fight
literally just spam tackle and you'll win because Blue usually uses Leer or some shit a few times

then just savescum
losing the first fight is bad luck

Attached: 1478663709643.png (491x616, 268K)

Gen 1 doesn't actually define stats for trainer battles, only the level. Here's where Green1/SONY1's parties are defined:
github.com/pret/pokered/blob/6ba3765c5932996f5da6417ae703794ff10bb1cb/data/trainer_parties.asm#L453

And there isn't a special AI for him, he just uses the GenericAI:
github.com/pret/pokered/blob/6ba3765c5932996f5da6417ae703794ff10bb1cb/engine/battle/trainer_ai.asm#L399

Who gives a flying fuck about the very first rival fight, it's all down to luck on who wins. You either luck out and your rival spams the status move or you get shit on because your starter has a bad nature or you got hit by a crit tackle

>Well what else could be the difficulty judged on?
The enemy teams, AI, level curve, etc. Pokemon availability is pretty crucial, too, but for Kanto it's only before the first gym. The rest of the game is very easy but it can be challenging for a kid that doesn't play videogames, regardless of what starter they pick.

Fucking wrekt.

Attached: 1553803608033.jpg (1200x1200, 170K)

Charmander is shitter bait for small children
Bulbasaur is the enlightened choice since he's ultimately a stronger pokemon and a great defensive wall which is very useful on any team

Charizard can be replaced easily by other pokes

Attached: 1458234159786.jpg (599x776, 101K)

Doubt

hold still while I glass you reginigger

Attached: 1553690067285.gif (600x450, 1.32M)

what should I randomize, Yea Forums?

Attached: 712e8520da70ffacd99674e39bad96f8.png (2554x1490, 592K)

I half A-press right before the capture

How does Venusaur hold up against Victreebel in Gen 1?

>The enemy teams
All extremely basic with usually one type only and very few strong pokemon.
>AI
Stupid as fuck, it's gen 1, Pokemon AI has never been very smart anyway, just type matchup attack with the occasional buff/debuff.
>Level curve
Just grind if needed there is no punishment for dying over and over.
>Pokemon availability
This is right, so Charmander becomes the hard mode cause you need certain other pokemon more and early on, Squirtle normal because you need only a few and only for the 3rd gym and Bulbasaur easy since he can go alone a long time (up to Sabrina).

Venusaur has more speed, Victreebel has better offensive presence with swords dance and strong normal moves coming off a higher attack stat.

this, theres a reason why twitch played Pokemon as opposed to pretty much anything else.

I lose that battle on purpose know just so the rival feels even a tad credible instead of getting absolutely ass blasted in every encounter like a complete jobber

that's fucking sick. So much nostalgia.

then the first fight is literally RNG.

>page 15
>first time players start with Bulbasaur

BULBATARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I remember this, fucking soul

Also Venusaur has more defense means he can take some normal attacks a bit better.

I prefer Saur, he has enough speed to not need everything to be paralyzed and can run the exact same set just a bit weaker.

You have like a 5% chance of losing. As said earlier unless the rival lands a crit and you miss a bunch you will always win. rival's ai will legit just pick random moves too so conversely you could just get a fuckton of nonscratches and win anyhow.

But the other move is Leer, which makes his scratches more powerful so when he does roll scratch it will do more damage.

You could lose, even with the Potion. All he has to do is use Leer twice, then Scratch can three-shot you.

Is this Submission?

Charmander still has it fairly easy against Brock since Ember burns through his SPlet mons despite type disadvantage.

Worst regi

>debuff twice
>spam attack without stopping
Worked 4/5 times.

Doesn't koga use hypno as well?

Still slower than just raping brock entire team with Bulbasaur or Squirtle super effective attacks.

And then you face Misty next who has the absolute best water pokemon in the entire game, and it will rekt your Charmander/Charmeleon with ease.

not surprising that a neo fire emblem fan cant beat an rpg literally aimed at 7 year old children

youtube.com/watch?v=7RfMj7MPGk8
>...

>>Poison was weak to Bug
>>Bug was weak to Poison
It's a shame there isn't still a type interaction like this

Only in Pokemon Stadium, in RB he only has Weezing, 2 Koffing and Muk.

so you didn't win against Misty with charmeleon by using dig? Heh.

>2011
>Wasting dig on Charmeleon
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

>neo fire emblem
>gaiden

Attached: 1500585441577.png (972x902, 250K)

hey, if it let me trash Misty and Surge, I don't see a better user. Later earthquake replaces the slot anyway.

art is from the 2017 remake desu

Who else would you give dig to?

Rock isn't even super effective against fire you fucking idiot

>basic game exploration in an rpg
>hidden

Actually neck yourself.

Attached: 1544297509870.png (657x600, 84K)

I prefer leer + scratch, the point is that Char got it the hardest, Saur can just spam his grass move and Squirtle tackle to death.

Mew

Inb4 merely pretending

>Not killing the soldiers at the military checkpoint right away

It's easy to plink them from afar and loot. After that you could sneak in from the side fence and up to the ceiling and cheese them.

>Poison oak.

When the rivals stop being giant walking pussies and act like a rival.

Dragon V Dragon I suppose

>humph! that was a waste of time...

why is his left eye bigger

aspect ratio of emulator is off