So...

So, you bought the gfx meme and now you're so far down the rabbit hole you're just shirtcockin it playing Devil May Cry 5 while posting on waifu threads from the 8 gigabytes of photos you have on your phone that has no pictures of friends or anything but waifus. Time to start playing real games again, Yea Forums.

Attached: TristramCathedral.jpg (757x372, 61K)

I fall asleep while walking to the dungeon entrance, garbage game.

incredible high IQ diablo 2 player

Please... Listen to me

>live to see your favorite franchises turn to absolute shit
Both DMC and Diablo got fucked hard. Both started extremely atmospheric and each entry dilutes it's aesthetic further and further until it's hardly relatable anymore. Diablo just turned into pure grindy number bullshit and DMC isn't even an adventure anymore and there's no sense of place. Just endless hallways into arenas because faggots only care purely about the mechanical-side anymore.

Attached: vp-6231488-a-illustration-of-a-skeleton-on-a-white-background-copyright-notice-markus-gannmcphotovar (1300x1390, 111K)

I just want another diablo 1 so bad. Not everything needs to be fast paced AoE spamming bullshit.

D1 really does deserve a remaster. Too bad blizz can't be trusted, and everyone else is bitching for D2 first instead.

They literally just released it on GoG with a ton of QoL stuff and runs on modern hardware/OS.

Nothing I already didn't have desu senpai.

Then you don't want a remaster because it wouldn't really be much different than that. You're after a full blown remake or re-imagining, which would just get shit on by everyone for being too different.

The sanctity of this place has been fouled...

Well at least you can actually buy the game now.

> You're after a full blown remake or re-imagining
No i'm not dude, because I know they'd never recapture the tone. They tried that dumb shit with Diablo 3's event and it's garbage. There's some balancing problems with the game for sure. I'd like to see hardcore implemented, maybe some of the old cancelled shit too.

>a braindead click fest
>interesting.. at all... in 2019

Yeah, Diablo and Diablo 2 were incredible when they came out. The gameplay has aged like milk. I can't even imagine playing these games anymore, and I say that as somebody that alienated friends because I played Diablo 2 so much back in the day.

I hate to say it, but we have better games now. Not saying nobody should check them out, because they are loaded with soul and if you're into exploring classic games they are for 100% must-plays. But lets not pretend they are still fun from a gameplay perspective.

>The gameplay has aged like milk
zoomer spotted

I like both Diablo and DMCV, suck mah cock

>a braindead click fest
Nice meme. Positioning is incredibly important in the first Diablo, it takes a lot after rogue variants. The game is a lot about abusing chokepoints and corners to your advantage. I see most new players quitting around the caves because they end up nuked by ranged shit after walking around a corner.

>I hate to say it, but we have better games now.
Bullshit. Devs keep nerfing and removing fun things from games just to cater to casuals and have less things to maintain. They're objectively getting worse every year. Before it was just bunch of nerds making games for themselves and now it's huge ass corporations trying to tame everything because pie charts says so.

Attached: 1539803338859.png (912x570, 163K)

Your plight is a complex one.
In this board, we value mechanics over anything else, because we want gameplay in video games to be good, so it has to be as refined as possible and breaking it down autistically to understand what works, and why, is necessary when discussing it.

However yes, this mindset does breed some...unwanted elements with small brains that start to focus exclusively on mechanics and forget about the importance of atmosphere, coherent aestetic, a clear, cohesive vision.
I found my compromises, but they're not going to be the same as yours, because the need of having something that PLAYS good but also FEELS AND LOOKS good at the same time, what that actually means outside the mechanics, becomes highly subjective from person to person.

That's why we mostly discuss mechanics here, because mechanics are more objective, easy to quantify and judge, all the other elements are too abstract to really have a conversation past "i like this and what you like is shit instead".
I can't explain to people why Diablo 1 works in terms of atmsophere, and why D2, while having better mechanics, does have an inferior overall atmosphere and artstyle coherence.
I can bring up all the artists that inspired the artstyle for D1, and games released before it, but it's not a good conversation starter, and a random user can just say "well i don't give a shit about those things" and there's really no rebuttal past just calling them a brainlet.

Ultimately, it's up to you to keep your eyes open and find titles that compromise between gameplay, aestetic, atmosphere, sound etc, to create an acceptable balanced finished experience.
Blaming people that exclusively obsess over mechanics is pointless.
Because, a game must be good to play, and for that to happen the mechanics must be solid.
So saying "don't focus only on the mechanics" will confuse people you're talking with and think you want AAA garbage cinematic experiences instead.

Attached: Darkwood_06.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

You've got to find the gems, user. Hollow Knight or Darkest Dungeon don't do anything for you? Knights of the Chalice?

Nice argument. I actually played this shit when it came out. I have boxed copies of all Blizzard's big games at my parent's house. Starcraft and Warcraft are probably still fun. Diablo is just boring now from a gameplay perspective.

>trap mobs in doorway/corner
>spam attack until dead

Wow, so engaging.

>I can't explain to people why Diablo 1 works in terms of atmsophere, and why D2, while having better mechanics, does have an inferior overall atmosphere and artstyle coherence.
I relate a lot of it to D1 having a singular-focused dungeon that only goes deeper and deeper, with repeat trips to town. None of the globe-trotting bullshit out in wide open fields.