Name a game with worse creature designs than this. Do it, name a single one

Name a game with worse creature designs than this. Do it, name a single one.

Attached: D1gKjR9XgAAxJcA.jpg (1200x675, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jxfe5O7JE8Y
subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Sea_Dragon_Leviathan#Data_Bank_Entry
youtube.com/watch?v=iIjek07UY4M
youtube.com/watch?v=ywYh3g489TY
alexries.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=7qsFwQjX9e8
youtube.com/watch?v=HengPojNgbM
youtube.com/watch?v=cf2KSCg5JHc
youtube.com/watch?v=uUvf-yGWHGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this subnautica
are you crying about the devs political views again

Devil May Cry 2

Any Pokemon game with fairy types

I feel like it works for what Subnautica is trying to be although I think in the end I'd probably appreciate it more if they went hard into realism or hard into more stylized creatures

In my opinion, the WORST bestiaries are the ones where all the creatures are too samey-looking. An example that I can think of off the top of my head is something like Slugterra, which isn't really related to video games but you get what I'm saying

Attached: Thinking Parrot.jpg (1024x768, 148K)

How the hell is this "scary" in any way whatsoever?

Attached: Shadow_Leviathan_in_game.jpg (2560x2715, 3.05M)

Okay, I want to fuck that fish.

Yo Kai Watch

Attached: 7004_Manjimutt_art.png (560x526, 193K)

Glow in the dark giant fish pussy

>not being thoroughly entertained by the depressed, mentally deranged actions of a filthy horny man-dog that urinates in public, asks women to pet him, and constantly gets arrested as he loses his grip on reality

has the dev ever said he wants the fish to put fear in people though? pretty sure the design policy is to make things that look similar to fish but a lot more alien since it's an alien planet. despite the fish cloaca I think that's an interesting design and it's nicer to come across in the water than a skeleton or whatever you're expecting

I'm asking for not-retarded designs. Is that too much to ask for?

>Devs will never add the underwater skeleton treasure guardian

Attached: secret room.jpg (2048x1652, 335K)

ops was meant for

the only reason this one is slightly scarier than the others is because the water is dark and you can't make out it's full form. That being said, you can still see the whole thing. 90% of the time the game is in bright tropical coral reefs and shit, scary enemies should be ominous and mysterious

Le toucan hass arrived.

Attached: shills.png (1225x751, 402K)

10/10 would buy fleshlight model

i'm disappointed the game doesn't have trenches or more open cavernous areas with massive alien looking shark creatures or something more interesting than the reaper leviathan at least

why is everything an eel

Because they have shitty creature designers.

subnautica 1. yo what up forum you want some freaking sea monsters fuck you heres some cartoon dragons

Seriously, look at this shit.

Attached: Icedragon4.jpg (1500x805, 115K)

I think it looks good. It's not "too much to ask for" but there is no design that would appeal to everyone.

At least they're not another fucking Sea Dragon or Emperor.

Why does everyone throw a fit over those two?

subnauticas creature design completely turned me off the game
that stupid cleft chin fish is the worst offender

i just want a good deep sea game

Are you going to bat for this dumb shit? Please do.

Attached: Sea_Dragon_Leviathan_Fauna.png (1350x1080, 1.21M)

why do you people despise the discussion of video games so much?

Spore

Pokemon for gens 4-now.

It's an alien creature. What should it look like in your personal opinion? Cthulhu? Yog'Sototh?

>goes into thread that's tearing apart a game
>starts screaming "SHILLS SHILLS SHILLS!!"
Are you people completely broken or just rat-fucking stupid?

did it evolve a docking port in the exact shape of a cyclops?

I told the dev that I'd like character customisation options, so I could make a plus size character that better represents me, and an option for tanned / latin skin tones.

I didn't tell him that I wanted to make Wario.

Right, and alien creatures are just an amalgam of features you'd find on Earth fauna. Arms, webbed fingers, fins, tentacles, and an crocodile head.
It looks like a heap of shit.

because it's funny
I knew one of you would come with this non argument

Attached: funny shills.png (476x166, 54K)

I wont lie, the monster are really difficult to find scary.
Like there are harmless fish in real life that look more terrifying than even the big monsters in the game.

>has arms but no gripping appendages
>comparatively tiny webbing would make paddling inefficient anyway
>tentacles are far too short and placed improperly to serve any real function

The saddest part is that they could have made that thing living nightmare fuel if they had designed it properly. Imagine a fucking giant mosasaur textured like lava rock that vomits jets of superheated steam like a volcanic vent.

How is it a "non-argument"? You're just shitting yourself like a child because of people mentioning anything that you hate. Nobody forced you to come in here and start tantruming like a faggot.

>has arms but no gripping appendages
They're not meant for gripping. Crocodiles have arms and hands too but can't grip.
>comparatively tiny webbing would make paddling inefficient anyway
The tentacles are what propels it, the arms are for steering and swatting.
>tentacles are far too short and placed improperly to serve any real function
Propulsion.

imagine the smell

I dunno. There may be some advanced 4d chess kinda plan going on.
There are blatant shill replies in Borderlands threads, and those threads are shitting on the game intensely. You can tell they aren't natives because they keep trying to use random words like they were downvotes, and they don't attack people's arguments, only their character.
I have no idea why an advertiser would attack their own game, but they are.
Maybe the idea is they spread propaganda about the game being absolute shit, so that when the game comes out and it's not -absolute- shit, it's a rubber band effect and people are pleasantly surprised.
Maybe to burn the haters out well before the game comes out, so that they aren't as loud during the release window.
Maybe because there's no such thing as bad publicity, and people raging about your game are still people talking about your game.
I dunno.

One of the easiest ways to create a feeling of horrifying disgust is to make a relatively simple creature that has absolutely no purpose being that big.

Attached: 6744254F-8C28-4F46-ACB5-506F2A6127C3.jpg (550x413, 107K)

Don't talk about your own mother like that :(

the only one "tantruming" here is you my guy, all of my posts have been comparatively calm

Attached: 1535405544578.jpg (780x780, 239K)

>Still no harpoon gun
>still no tridents
>no spearfishing whatsoever
GAY ASS DEVS

Maybe there's a simpler answer and that's Yea Forums is so full of idiots and retards that everything is something to scream the daily buzzwords at for the culture.

Dunes.jpg

And the anime avatarfagging right on schedule, when you can't say anything of importance or merit.

Fell right into it.

Attached: BD7696F1-8044-4D1E-B72F-6F659BB031EC.jpg (341x254, 12K)

spore

Any Blizzard game

Who needs a spear when you have the Propulsion Cannon.

Skyward Sword.

Ah I see. I guess that makes sense.

Yea Forums is an anime site.

I wanted to strap a ramming prow on the Seamoth to make it the GGmoth.

trantrum more twitter shill

Attached: 1533065812445.png (924x670, 710K)

If I saw this thing swimming over me I think I'd be just fucking petrified.

>dumb fishman fins
>arms
>tentacle butt
This design is so stupid it hurts.

He's right though. Fuck off. If you don't like shilling then go back to 7chan where you belong.
Yea Forums is shill central.
In case you haven't noticed, no one besides you gives a shit. Now get shilled on you fucking cuck.

>trantrum
?

Attached: tyrantum.png (1200x1200, 630K)

>Propulsion.
Sorry, how do the tentacles propel it, exactly? You do know tentacles aren't responsible for the jet propulsion seen in squids and the like, right?

because theyre stupid cartoon fantasy dragons in my otherwise underwater alien world. complete waste of the "big" creatures

Don't talk shit about SeaMILF. I will rek you fagget.

Oh it's one of those "I WANT REALISM AND 0 FUN IN MY VIDEO GAMES" threads. Well, have fun getting mad I guess

Attached: 1547841734885s.jpg (250x250, 5K)

I agree these look really stupid.

Well okay. I'll sacrifice realism in the name of fun.
But can you make the designs more fun?

>Crocodiles have arms and hands too but can't grip.

Crocodiles do not have arms, they have legs and feet. And they use their tails to swim.

>The tentacles are what propels it
>Propulsion.

That's not how tentacles work. You can't propel yourself with tentacles. Squid and octopi propel themselves with water jets, producing a very distinct motion. The way the sea dragon moves in the game would not be possible in reality. The fucking thing would flounder around in short, rapid bursts.

You are one assmad faggot lol, and your obligated call out of anime images on a Japanese anime image board.

I do not want realism. I want every penny of my money to go to something in the game. Not open ocean and terribly designed spore tier monsters.

Because they're pretty clearly two of the weakest designs in the game while being endgame creatures and apex predators. So they're spectacular in their mediocrity. Where as pretty much every other creature has a pretty coherent ecological niche and an appearance to suit that, they're this weird clash of various animal parts. Despite the fact that all they really do is chase and bite everything. Every time I look at either I imagine there were two good ideas floating in the creators head, but then they got mashed together when he tried to conceptualize it so it became a mess instead

Alien creature.

>my
Not yours.

Crabsquid is a bit dumb too, because it can't touch its own head. This leads to a weakness that the player can exploit for free kills.
If its legs were longer it'd be cool tho.

Post your underwater monstrosity ideas
>an absolute massive transparent blob of tentacles
>the creature is barely visible but its skin textures appear around the point of contact with the player or their submarine

>Alien creature.
You're very stupid. I noticed you didn't answer my question, by the way.

Go to bed Asagi, you have ninja training in the morning

I'd piss my pants if I saw it in real life but Subnautica is shit at showing just how big its monsters are compared to the player and that kneecaps the game's spookiness really hard

El monstruo del fondo del oceano.

Pink cuddly pokemon have been a thing since the first generation

some of the concepts for the games are good but not implemented yet, I wonder if it'll actually look as good as the concept

Attached: Alex-ries-alex-ventgardenx03.jpg (1500x2125, 630K)

I'm sorry, do fictional alien beings from a fictional alien planet have to be 100% exactly like real life animals? Do you rage this hard over Pokemon and Final Fantasy monsters?

VR

It's untextured and oversized, but here it is in game.

Attached: Ventgardendev.png (1261x918, 1.62M)

look at this dude

Attached: Brinewing_Fauna.png (720x480, 1.34M)

BASED WEEBS BTFO

Honestly, something based on the bobbit worm. That shit already looks alien as fuck, and if you just made it big it would be terrifying.

It would only be found on the abyssal floor, but it could extend up hundreds of meters. By the time you can get close enough to see it, it would eat you.

That was never my argument.
Really funny how you offered a half-baked rationale for its design and then fell back on the "it's an alien, it doesn't have to make sense" when it IMMEDIATELY became clear that had no idea what you were talking about.
Any other angles you'd like to try? I can see you flirting with that 'u mad' hail Mary, maybe you'd like to give that a shot.

It's like the default Macintosh Duck sound turned into a creature.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jxfe5O7JE8Y

I'm telling you what the info on the creature says in the game

subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Sea_Dragon_Leviathan#Data_Bank_Entry

Did you even read the post you humongous drooling imbecile it says creature design.

I'm sure someone thinks it is.
Scary is hard to do in any medium. There are basic, instinctual fears that every person has that you can play on, sure, but the level of fear that one feels from something will always come down to that person's susceptibility to a particular fear because what's scary is subjective. Not only that, but to scare someone with something fictional you have to get them immersed, and what immerses someone enough to get them to suspend their disbelief enough to feel unnerved is almost as subjective.
But Subnautica never really felt scary to me after you get past the initial shock of some huge fuckoff monster looming out of the darkness, but it was still a fun game.

snibbety snab :DDD

why is it on land

Manjimutt is fucking awesome you gaylord

Testing it

So I herd you liek dagrons

Attached: Ice_Dragon_Fauna.png (1280x720, 3.53M)

yeah that's pretty lame compared to those spider crabs and that reaper

Add harpoons and delete all this shitty dialogue you fucking FAGGOTS

No vr no buy

looks like a yugioh monster

Honestly these things look fucking spooky seen from below and in the dark. It's the face that makes it look goofy, but those glowing bits are fucking horrifying under the right circumstances.

Unfortunately, the game never shows you these circumstances normally. For the only area they are ever encountered in is fully lit, albeit dim at times.

Attached: ss+(2019-04-11+at+11.20.32).jpg (990x667, 34K)

so what's with the massive decline in the quality of creature design? I think it's because they are basing then too much on irl stuff, the first games monsters looked and sounded alien. Now we have big ice worm, underwater centipede, big ice shark, big ice dragon

And I'm asking how its tentacles are used for propulsion. This is an argument about whether or not its a shit design.
If the designer gave the thing antlers and claimed they were used for flight, that wouldn't make the inclusion of antlers less ridiculous.

It looks stupid and it doesn't sound like there's any reason for it to look stupid. It's a shit design.

Oh are these in the new expansion?

Really wish the designers would work out their hard-ons for bioluminescence.

mine, idiot

Attached: 125541859936.png (640x480, 298K)

Fucking this
What made the reapers scarier than the ghost leviathans was that you couldn't see them coming you could only hear them

Have they added said anything about the railroading of Below Zero yet? Or have they made the ice area actually inhospitable?

seriously, if all this shit didn't glow in the dark it would be a lot scarier even if it looked a little goofy, just giant shapes underwater that you could only see with the light from your vehicle trying to eat you while you hear their roars

Who designed this squid? Are they retarded? Look at that useless beak.

It's a shrimp-dolphin and this are mandibles, the mouth is between them

>The mouth is between them
From the looks of things, the mouth seems to be at the end of those teeth. Far, far away from where that fish is currently gripped.

Temperature's not in yet, and there's Snowstalkers in some of the land areas and Ice Worms in others, so you're not safe no matter where you go. And they're also going to add a large flying creature that can swoop and snatch you.

Attached: 1458859961864.png (572x600, 22K)

Attached: chelicerate.webm (1920x1080, 2.77M)

God thanks for reminding me how fucking shit lategame Subnautica was.

I still don't understand how they can drop the ball so fucking hard.

Kickstarter game with a legion of cultists to defend its every move. Also SJW ridden.

they were upset it didn't contain black people and women. Subnautica 3 will contain a black tranny

>one guy = sjw-ridden
>legion of cultists
Don't hyperbole too hard there.

>one guy
The entire studio is like that.
>Legion of cultists is hyperbole
You literally could not criticize the game.

Three fucking words.
School of Lampreys.

You know what makes me wonder? Where were all the squid and octopus inspired mobs?

>The entire studio is like that.
One guy is, who happens to be the leader. And if you think what he wanted was bad now, be glad the other 19 people didn't listen to his other ideas, like the player not being able to harm ANY of the creatures at all.

too tricky to animate and the tentacles would just clip all over the place constantly

Giants squids are fucking awesome though. Far better than the sea dragons.

Ok
No Man's Sky
EZPZ

Real talk, if they wanted the creatures in Subnautica to look genuinely alien they shouldn't have had bilateral symmetry.

Attached: painting_with_markers_by_povorot_d2dzksh-pre.jpg (769x1039, 135K)

Is the designer of this shit the same one that did Insaniquarium?

Attached: insaniquarium.jpg (247x185, 9K)

I could six limbs and both sides of it look the same. You fail.

>what if a penguin but different beak
>what if a dolphin but a crab
>what if a leviathan but a glow in the dark vagina
>what if a whale but a whale
>what if a worm but a worm
>what if a dragon but an actual dragon
>what if a jellyfish but big

What the fuck is even going on with this expansion anymore?

Sounds like you're listing Mario or Final Fantasy enemies.

I liked the leeches in Rain World a lot, and that's basically how I'd imagine a school of lampreys working. Not particularly dangerous one-on-one, but every one attached slows you down, making you easier prey for the rest.

Attached: vampire squid.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

>Rain World
Fuck. Now that's an actual good ecosystem simulator survival game with actual fun creatures even if half of them are just lizards and explosive lobbing hobos.

The designs in this game are so lazy, holy shit.

Attached: ctenophore.jpg (500x434, 21K)

The devs blew their load on the first game and it still wasn't enough considering everyone's favorite sea dragons.

Gen V had plenty of great designs. It just had SO MANY new pokemon that obviously shitmons creep in. People act as if 99% of the roster was Vanilluxe and Klinklang. Gen IV was probably the worst gen overall in terms of new pokemon. It's good for its mechanical changes, which is different.

Is that supposed to be an example of a non-lazy design?

He's saying that that's a real-ass animal and it looks crazy compared to some of subnautica's alien designs

I want something like Subnautica except set on Earth.

all real animals look better compared to Shitnautica

I don't get how using the twitter image filename, where the image was originally posted, actually proves anything.

Attached: 1550163543032.png (327x35, 2K)

Do I have to say it?

What are you attempting to say?

Ayo, Manjimutt is fucking great.
If you want bad designs, lemme point you in the direction of the walking asshead known as Cheeksqueek.

That it's still bilaterally symmetrical.

>game about underwater survival
>introduce more and more instances of survival on land

Fucking please no.

It proves whatever you want it to prove.

No way fag

You're still underwater for most of the game.

>cut content
>there are tards out there who want this to be in the game

Fucking imagine.

It appears to have 3 identical sides each with two limbs ( a leg and an arm) as well as 3 eyes(?)
I'm not sure where you are seeing bilateral symmetry.

Spore

At the moment it MIGHT not make it in. Remember that the Ghost Leviathan was in the same boat for a long time until the devs went into overdrive finishing it and putting it in.

>omg these monsters are TERRIBLE!!
>my idea? uhh, blobs and tentacles! a-and Cthulhu should be in the game
>whenever Cthulhu isn't on screen, the player character should be asking "Where's Cthulhu??"

The newest book from the makers of Waldo, "Where's Cthulhu?".

>subnautica
>kickstarter
What?

Everything deep sea is either a blob or tentacles.
>inb4 angler fish

plenty of things that aren't
lots of fish and other things
probably the majority of deep sea life are hard shelled crustaceans and worms

Yea Forumsirgins always combine everything they hate in order to increase their rage power levels.

Note: Cthulhu died on the way back to his home planet

good choice

>let's make a shark but give it a xenomoprh mouth and no tail! who cares if it can't swim without a tail!

Attached: squidshark.webm (1707x960, 2.9M)

I think user lost sight of the ball and immediately began conflating Star Citizen with Subnautica for whatever godforsaken reason.

looks cool desu
only thing Id change is smoother movement animation and remove the blue things

Lmao I liked original but Sub Zero looks completely retarded so far.

>Cthulhu
Have I missed something the last few threads? No is talking about this but you in here.

>I liked original
You poor stupid thing

That's because it is. Rather than fix the glaring flaws of the first game, the devs decided to double-down on their political biases and make the same game but now more "cinematic."

What were the glaring flaws of the first game?

I feel like they've made the designs like this because they think it's "oh wow so scary" to see mouths like that or the one here or even this one get attached to the player. And I feel like that's a total misstep at what made the original game tense in the first place.

Horrible asset pop-in and practically zero optimization for one.

Progression breaking bugs that basically force you to use console cheats for two.

>the dev
FTFY. It's only one of the team, unfortunately he's the head guy.

The Sea Treader's Path was underdeveloped
Asset pop-in
And that's it, I guess?
You gotta keep in mind that two anons in particular have a hateboner for this game. They keep whining about bioluminescence and unrealistic biology in a game about aliens.

They're a bunch of creepy tumblerites with a vore fetish and every decision they're making in regards to sub zero illuminates that fact.

>horse cock with a vagina

Attached: 1554898721948.jpg (700x473, 46K)

>tfw no landcrab stabsquid bro

Is there something wrong with more creatures having actual kill animations? The Spike Trap and the Snowstalker also have them.

no guns
FORCED to play as a genetic inferior instead of a pure Aryan
can't kill reapers
no killstreaks
no online matchmaking
Cthulhu should be in the game

That's probably it honestly.

Probably saw how much people enjoyed the Sea Leviathan latching on to the Sea Moth and thought...
>hey people got scared when the leviathans attacked the moth right?
>why don't we do that again
>but make it almost every mob?
And now we have all these dumbfuck designs everywhere.

You jest but I literally see no reason why this game shouldn't have guns.

because if you can just make everything explode with a press of a button it removes the sense of helplessness
what I would have liked is improved vehicle weapons but instead of having them just be "guns" make then mining tools/scientific tools repurposed as weapons in a pinch

>You jest
You poor hopeful fool, he and many like him are deadly serious about all of those, especially the "FORCED to play as a genetic inferior instead of a pure Aryan" part.

yeah guys im with xer on this, this looks really cool!!!

>can't kill reapers
I M P L I C A T I O N S

Attached: 20180309161224_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.29M)

But it does have a tail right there, are you blind?

>because if you can just make everything explode with a press of a button it removes the sense of helplessness
Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Penumbra series, System Shock, Dino Crisis, Dark Wood, FEAR, and plenty of other games gave you guns and they were still able to scare the fuck out of me or feel tense as shit.

And how does this not apply to the stasis gun as well? If you can just make everything stop with a press of a button it removes the sense of helplessness.

If they made the mouth stop glowing and only kept the tiny red lights this would work, but only if it was kept in the dark areas. Think Bloodsuckers from STALKER and how you can only see their eyes. If you were in the dark and suddenly saw this tiny trail of red dots in the distance it'd be more horrifying because you knew that big fucker was probably REALLY close to you.

Attached: 1549654223790.png (300x329, 226K)

not one that's conducive to swimming

I don't think you understand what bilateral symmetry means, you stupid fuck. Something like trilateral symmetry, where it's symmetrical from three angles (think tripods), would be much more alien - given that most life on Earth is bilaterally symmetrical.

Attached: 1342330932448.png (261x271, 187K)

What the fuck do you know?

Attached: P_38626_Black_Ghost_Knife_Fish_New_1.jpg (360x360, 28K)

>>goes into thread that's tearing apart a game
a very very very obvious shill tactic
there's no better way to try to get people to talk good of a game than senselessly bashing it with no real criticisms besides "it's shit"
BL3 threads are full of the same tactic
it's seethrough as all fuck

It's called consensus cracking. Make a counter-argument to the real views you want to present, but have this counter-argument have an extremely weak and easily beatable premise. Then hammer this artificially constructed, false-flagged counter-argument to give the illusion of legitimacy for your desired view.

The idea is to neuter your opposition before it can even take ground. CIA uses it a lot.

Attached: 1418190442124.jpg (1498x947, 739K)

I genuinely hope below zero doesn't devolve into dumb as fuck prawn suit shenanigans.

How much land is there in Below Zero?
It feels like there's way more than the original game. Why the fuck would they do that.

Might want to loosen that tinfoil cap, it's cutting off the blood flow to your brain.

So what's it called when you ignore whatever your opponent is saying and you tell everyone they're part of a conspiracy?

>dude trust me let me in I'm a fairy
>don't you believe in fairies

Attached: file.png (444x342, 215K)

Because they want to, same reason video game devs put anything into their games. Also the fact that polar areas will have lots of ice floating around.

The posterboy monster is the ice worm so you bet your ass that they're going to landlock players.

We even have a hoverbike now.

>games with giant monsters
>no vore deaths
yikes

goddamnit

From what I've read, the Shadow Leviathan might be a bottom-dweller, crawling along or swimming just above the sea floor, so the glowing mouth won't be visible unless you're on the sea floor yourself or it comes rushing at you. Would explain why its eyes are facing down and are located under the head wings.

There is no landlocking, you can go in and out of the water wherever there's a way to.

Um,

>um
only two..

I'm not the original guy. The undulations on a knifefish and its narrowing taper allow it to propel itself, compared to the big fat rounded tail on what he posted. A shark or whale styled tail needs its caudal/tail shaped right to functionally propel itself, can't do the snake/worm thing.

>muh tin-foil
Nice argument, faggot. It's VERY well documented that shills are on Yea Forums. That being said, I don't honestly think there's any paid shills from Unknown Worlds. Likely some unpaid ones using similar tactics, but that's always going to happen with any topical game. Doing it for free, etc.

Ad hominem. You knuckle dragging mongoloid.

Attached: 1456165362041-2.jpg (2000x7791, 3.45M)

Snowstalker and Spike trap have them as well.

proof?

>if anyone talks positively about anything I hate they are shills and make me shit myself in rage
You do you, I guess, it's your life.

I hoped you would asked for Cthulhu.

Who are you quoting?

Attached: Logical Fallacies.gif (4967x3508, 1.78M)

youtube.com/watch?v=iIjek07UY4M

youtube.com/watch?v=ywYh3g489TY

Cthulhu is too humanoid at this point. Maybe more strange physiology.

Though a sanity system and more supernatural shit in Subnautica would be genuinely interesting.

>massive laterally compressed tail making up half its length
>massive siphon behind eyes akin to cephalopods to provide propulsion
>moves somewhat slowly like most fish in especially cold waters

youre bad at fish

Attached: Halosauropsis_macrochir.jpg (1179x311, 83K)

You, since you seem to be very concerned about shills and believe everyone who talks about anything upcoming is shilling it. are you also in the Smash Bros threads when they talk about Joker and the other upcoming DLC content?

Shub Niggurath would be a good reference for something spooky.

What?

Attached: 23bda843171219.57e5904db1c49.jpg (425x589, 270K)

great post
anyway, Yea Forums gets hit by nuclear shilling constantly

Sub Niggurath has nothing to do with the Ocean.

>the game where they make a female MC is the same game they finally put in a tentacled thing that uses its tentacles
I wanted to imagine Ryley struggling in the grip of tentacles.

Attached: naughty.png (650x325, 370K)

Yeah, but the design of something that's assymetrical and basically "what the fuck" is far more alien and fascinating than Generic Shark With Tentacles #4367

Imagine it sneaking a tentacle into one of her holes by accident, h-haha.

Are they gonna pull a Silksong and just make the expansion pack a full blown game instead?

Attached: 1516439871087.webm (500x280, 2.47M)

Does anyone else find cat fish disgusting? They just repulse me whenever I see them, they're like the rats of underwater biomes.

If you want an honest answer it's because Subnautica underwent a dramatic redesign close to the 12th hour of its life, and nobody went back to make sure the two halves of its identity would hook up properly because the money was spent and the game had to launch yesterday.

Originally Subnatica was intended to be a game about survival and terraforming.

You were supposed to be a first arrival colonist on an alien planet rich in resources and potential. Your end game goal would be to build a substantial and permanent colony for future residents of the planet and push back the inhospitable wild.

The big gear shift would be terrain deforming. Eventually you would find the tech for the terraformer gun and start raising islands and building something of worth.

The devs realized too late that this was an almost impossible technical hurdle. They also realized players enjoyed exploring and experiencing the hostile alien world - not conquering or subjugating it.

So they began to hastily slap together the "ancient aliens" lore and reworked major elements of the world's ecosystem and planned fauna around their serial-novel style writing.

They of course they bumped up against "how the fuck do you tell a structured story in a totally open world."

So by the end you have the tablets, the GRAND FETCH QUEST and all of that garbage schizophrenicly tacked on to an otherwise interesting open world survival building game.

The games story irritated me more than it excited me, in the end. I wish they'd left even a scrap of mystery or wonder to their universe.

Also

MONGOLIA WILL BE A SUPER POWER IN 2300

Google Janitor Fish.

Absolute fucking trash of an animal.

I just want the monsters to look good and not like a Dragon Tail reject.

What is this.

Attached: 12275396113.gif (200x179, 556K)

My dick

not a cartoony dragon-squid

You should probably consult a medical specialist then

Attached: 12275396118.png (368x368, 277K)

I'd care less if the new MC wasn't an uggo desu

It's the newest straw man.

>Names the single mother elder god niggerwrath
What the fuck lovecraft?

>A shark or whale styled tail
Except it's not that, it's a knifefish style tail, hence why I posted it. You ape.

This, needs to be a white anime titty monster, don't know why people think anything else is acceptable.

>Deep sea has tons of interesting designs to use as a reference
>Use only generic squids and sharks as a reference
top-tier designs

The original Subnautica was going places until they tacked the fairly "meh" story onto it, but was still a decent enough game with a semblance of creativity still left intact. This, though, just looks like a dumpster fire with a shitty coat of paint to try and convince people the fire is actually ice.

Attached: Bigfin Squid.jpg (600x1384, 82K)

some kind of basket star on the move

I had no idea alex reis was an artist for this game, but his influence is clear in the designs posted in OP. to be clear, I love his artwork.
alexries.com/

She can be as black as Jamal's grandpappy for all I care, she just needs to stop looking like his feet.

doesn't look to have enough form compression especially with the hydrodynamics of the front getting in the way

It's a crinoid.

Attached: tomopteris.gif (245x133, 912K)

you take that back about based algae eater

So like a white person

I mean, he literally had a cat named Nigger-Man. The absolute madlad.

is this the obligatory deep sea thread

Attached: goblin shark.jpg (294x171, 5K)

Is this better?

Attached: Alien Life Form.png (800x450, 376K)

Have they fixed the horrible pop in yet? Diving deep into the abyss in Subnautica would have been amazing especially seeing all the bio-luminescence around you except the optimization made it horrible.

You got a victim complex as deep and dark as grandpappy's asshole, my man.

No it's the pressure thread

Maybe.

Attached: They lurk.webm (640x480, 1.64M)

I miss hypothetical game threads

Literally my mom's Cloverfield monster.

shilling isn't legit discussion

Attached: 1470191440598.webm (640x360, 699K)

So when are the mods going to make talking about upcoming games and content against the rules?

Way fucking better. I will always be mad that a game that tries for at least SOME degree of authenticity doesn't try to implement crazier alien designs.

I think it's cool you guys managed to channel your fears of the unknown towards guns into your game.

I think it's cool how you still believe in boogiemen and dodge questions instead of answering them.

But isnt the game first person only?

What? I was just giving you some legitimate praise. I admire the way you channeled the pants shitting fear guns give you and used it to make a game.

What's going on in this thread?

Attached: YES.gif (404x257, 442K)

there actually was something like that which was cut from the original subnautica
it was basically a massive Bobbit worm which was bigger than even the sea emperor
but it was cut shortly after they started working on it for some reason

Attached: 2015-09-07_00008.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

scary because it reminds me of the boat arc from Berserk

Attached: Berserk_v35c309p12.png (714x1023, 559K)

>everyone who likes what I hate are the people who made the game! this I believe with all my heart and soul!
Here's a tip, try to not be so damn retarded once in a while.

Is this, doing it right?

Attached: Aliens.jpg (800x736, 121K)

go back to gen 5 then if you hate fairy type so much

No, there are times when you can see her face.

That was a generic model that came with the programs they used to make the game. They only used it to test some stuff, it was never meant to be in as a creature.

The mere fact that you play as a non-white sends many people into fits.

Hey why so defensive. I'm complimenting you on your game. If this keeps up, I don't think I'll buy the expansion...

Maybe hybrids are easier to think up?

Attached: Aliens.jpg (750x625, 383K)

>He thinks all non-whites are ugly like Robin

Anybody else sick of having to pretend to be people who are "upset?" I get the boss told us to do it to drum up discussion but it's gotten kind of old and no one ever falls for it.

It's only scare until you realize you can just respawn. Then it's just annoying to have to avoid them so you can progress further without having to jump back to your safe space and start all over again. If they added energy weapons or explosives, or gave the vehicles torpedo launchers, and made death have more severe consequences, the game would actually be tense and scary.

I can understand why the devs hate guns. When I went to the shooting range with my brother, his soft soi hands got a blister and he wanted to go home so I'm guessing they had a similar experience.

Attached: 784a2ad4c980c5152b8b6782bc6a9f62.gif (584x870, 367K)

heh

Attached: Tomopteris.webm (1280x720, 1006K)

Or you can play in the mode that has permadeath. One mistake or one bad encounter and say goodbye to that run.

except they do have weapons and a way to escape, on thing being called a stasis rifle which can be spammed, or if they have the sea moth it has torpedos

Are all the people in these threads whining about Ryley and Robin not being white merely pretending?

I looks like it evolved to use the most ineffective way of swimming.

Oh right yep they're definitely for real. Every single one. Falseflagging is only something pol does.

>scientists would rather go to the moon than explore our seas
Kind of lame, just imagine the crazy shit at the very bottom.

You sure it doesn't have something with guns making the game alot easier? Because you can just shoot the danger, instead of run or get ripped apart, like a unarmed human trying to fight an elephant?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

THEY'RE ON AN ISLAND
THE ONLY WAY OFF
IS BACK ON THE SHIP

except you can shoot elephants?

Nah the AI on the goofy monsters is so bad that killing them isn't really a problem so that goes out the window.

Not if you don't have a gun you can't.

Attached: Feels Nice.jpg (184x184, 9K)

>Saving thumbnails
Dude what the hell are you doing? Didn't you read the instruction manual passed out yesterday on how to do this? Fucking interns man.

It's not so much the creature designs as it is the cartoony art style. It just makes them look goofy. The old Wii game Endless Ocean is scarier than Subnautica ever will be.

youtube.com/watch?v=7qsFwQjX9e8

Life ain't easy when you don't have a backbone.

Attached: Siphonophore.webm (1000x562, 1.63M)

I can stab a Leviathan to death mate.

Isn't it interesting, that life can exists even in the absence of light?

Attached: Life uhhh finds a way.gif (498x252, 500K)

Is this that one guy who makes literally everything a phallus with legs

Do they let you fuck the squid?

There's all kinds of seagoing going on right now, but it's fuckin' huge user. Most exploratory methods are either transects (straight lines hoping to run into something) or a vertical ascent/descent which has the same problem.

Sorry Steve, it's the only size I could find of the pic, from what I recall, it's a litte bigger then the thumbnail tho, cmon, better than nothing.

Attached: Feels Shrug.jpg (546x550, 51K)

Wasn't there a big dinosaur in this game?

Yeah, it's crazy.

Attached: Hoff Crab.webm (640x480, 1.72M)

Reminder that you as a fellow Chordate are related to this thing.

I can see Unknown Worlds is taking lessons from Gamefreak in creature design

Attached: pokemon_latios_latias.jpg (854x480, 148K)

>light

bruh you ain't seen nothing yet, they have semi-confirmed the existence of organisms that feed off radiation.

Hey wait a minute...

regardless of whether or not OP is a shill, this is a game that has soul so people will genuinely talk about it. this is just how it works, okay? why do you think AAA shills get BTFO all the time?

Do people still want to fuck Latias?

Bacteria, yes. What you need to discover is multicellular life.

In the 1st one? No. The White Mother (albino blue whale) was pretty cool though, and there were some pretty spooky moments if a thresher or megamouth came out of the murk.

Attached: Oh NO NO.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

bacterial colonies are equivalent to multicellular life

What do I win?

Attached: 27408-bokoblin-leader-red-largepng.png (590x542, 210K)

No, they are an early form of colonial life, which was the precursor to mutlicellar life. Another intermediate step would be the man o' war.

>No, they are an early form of colonial life,

*the ones you know of* are early forms. Doesn't mean anything to the unknown ones

>casually swimming around
>see this
youtube.com/watch?v=HengPojNgbM

WHITE MALES!

Attached: heavy filtering.gif (364x257, 469K)

It's funny because of angler dimorphism

I've got thalassophobia AND this game in VR is pure nightmare fuel. I can't play for more than 10 minutes just fucking around in the shallows. Fuck this game

Attached: 1554057463272.jpg (236x236, 21K)

Wonder if they'll find bacteria on mars.

>playing pokemon go the other day
>find a fucking Anomolocaris
>my favorite animal that ever existed in the world of all the animals was made into a fucking Pokemon!
>look it up
>it evolves into a fucking bipedal dragon looking thing

somebody shoot whoever was responsible for this please

Be nice to armaldo.

Ayyyy my nigga

Attached: subnautica_leviathan_concept_art.jpg (1080x652, 152K)

fpbp

>When your mom calls you a handsome.

Attached: 12310589189009.gif (470x256, 2.24M)

i whipped armaldo's fucking ass with my godly scyther earlier for setting foot in my gym

>this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=cf2KSCg5JHc

Scyther and armaldo should be good friends, they have matching hands.

Nature sure is interesting.

Attached: bioluminescent.gif (320x178, 998K)

Thanks for the upvote man.

hold on I seriously have to tell this story because its nuts

>started playing pokemon go last month
>highest pokemon i had was 1100 CP, nothing good
>go to walmart the other day
>old lady is walking with a cane
>she almost slips and falls because the cane doesn't have a rubber tip on it
>says she been slippin
>while she's shopping I go find the cane tips, put it on her cane for her and tell her I'll pay for it
>she's like "bless you child" and gives me a hug
>go outside
>??? Scyther in the parking lot
>catch it
>it's 1700 CP and has air slash and air raid

God really is a fucking pokemon

That looks so surreal.

Attached: Deep sea.webm (900x506, 2.75M)

it's because he's a praying mantis
ha ha
ha

No mans sky

ba doom tshhh

Evolution is pretty much "hey, as long as it works".

That is so cool.

Wonder what it's like, being a living rave.

Attached: Deep See Rave.gif (470x257, 3.03M)

It's not inefficient. It allows the organism to move any direction with a simple body plan and this method of locomotion uses surprisingly little energy.

Attached: Cockatoo Squid.webm (1280x720, 1.03M)

>tfw aliens already exist on our planet and we're looking for them in space

>Who you calling alien?

Attached: 12304090590123.gif (450x223, 784K)

Alright I know one of you fuckers has that webm of the big-fanged wormthing making its own shell out of rocks.
I wanna know what it's called so I can go look at it some more. Googling the descriptors has netted me jack and shit.

This worm thing?

Attached: Bobbit worm.gif (351x263, 2.13M)

annelid worms?

Nah, it had black fangs, the webm was entirely focused on it making a shell out of rocks and mucus.
Too big of a phylum to go on.

This is in a lab but
youtube.com/watch?v=uUvf-yGWHGU

Subnautica needed more scavengers. Those videos about whales/sharks at the seafloor getting munched on by hundreds of hagfish is always fucked with me.

I think the worm's a bit larger than that, but that's still really cool, thanks for that.
I'll just have to keep an eye out in threads like these. Though I guess I always do.

every single final fantasy game
other generic RPGs wind up with generic monsters from decades of popularity
FF has managed to stagnate within the subsubgenre that it created and won't let go

You know what I agree those arent scary at all.
And its really easy to make underwater creatures scary.
That Mario 64 eel was a good example. Simple yet effective.

Looks like something I could've made in spore

>spore
>underwater
why did you remind me