A 3D Sonic game that isn't a broken incompetent mess nor a one path rail runner

>A 3D Sonic game that isn't a broken incompetent mess nor a one path rail runner.

Why is it not possible Yea Forums?

Attached: sa2_cmyk_3500_1.png (800x800, 942K)

First one was pretty cool at the time. Second one was autismo bait trash.

What do you think about the sonic/shadow levels, story removed?

I'm more mad that Sonic Team refuses to change their methods after they got btfo by a fucking fan game. It's like they don't care about making good games.

You know that SA games actually do ton of stuff to put proper momentum and physics on Sonic right?

Nearly every single loop in the game have a auto path on it.

Because they forgot that sonic was about momentum and not some trashy gotta le fast meme.

I didn't make it that far, dropped it pretty early on as I had more fun shit to play from the $5 Dreamcast bargain bins. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance but I doubt it.

>Sonic Mania
>Good
nope

Sonic Adventure 1/2 are the only good Sonic games

Saying wrong things confidently sure is funny

The levels of bad that Sonic has been through is fascinating to me. I've seen shovel ware that weren't nearly as bad as Sonic 06' that killed there own franchises yet Sonic never managed to still go on after the unforgettable disaster that was the mid 2000s.

Hmm yea very strange. What keeps this franchise afloat?! The world may never know...

yeah I know right
who actually thinks sonic Mania was a good game?

Attached: 1548733107547.jpg (664x645, 89K)

>Everything started out fine
>The highest point was being literally neck and neck with Nintendo thanks to there little mascot and good advertising.
>The 3D era begins and causes a plummet that lasts at least 6 or seven years.
>Stays virtually dead and a joke for maybe 3 years
>Has a BIG come back with two critically acclaimed gamed that look good enough to restore your trust.
>Hits a minor set back with Sonic Lost World's because they felt experimental (forgivable)
>Sonic Boom happens where the only half decent thing to come out of it is the cartoon the shovel ware game is based off of (somewhat forgivable)
>Instantly plummets back to square one as a joke while being embarrassingly upstaged by a bunch of nobody from there fan game community.

I personally declare Sonic the Hedgehog dead. Like how many more times should fans be burned by Sega and there team of incompetent, mentally and socially handicapped game devs.

Generations incorporates paths quite a bit, but there isn't as much flexible mobility between them as in the classic games.

What makes it bad? At worst I think it's a very competent loveletter that relies too much on other games, not bad.

It's bait you dumb shit

You didn't make it to the first stage?

Dropped it at the title screen.

I was like 18 and pretty stupid, I probably didn't even make it to the second level and I'm just realising this now but I remember it feeling like a collection of races and not proper levels like the first one, or maybe I did and i don't remember but I didn't like it at all and dropped it in record time.

You just posted one though, OP?

>B-but

The Adventure games are jank, but they aren't absolutely fucking broken (see: Shadow or 06) or totally incompetently designed (see: Heros). They are FLAWED games, not BAD games.

Fucking SM64 has arguably even worse camera and control issues as SA2 and [people say it's one of the best games of all time

I honestly don't give a shit about having a ton of alt paths, as long as there's some skill based shortcuts and shit. The Adventure games handle iut fine. SA2 with a bit more shortcuts would be my ideal 3d sonic level design

Mario 64 controls don't feel as bad because Mario's speed isn't as fast as Sonic's. Also Sonic and Shadow's movements are really sharp which feels like ass when moving at quicker speeds. You failed to mention to sheer lack of focus in Sonic Adventure, where it forces you to go on boring treasure hunts and endure lame shooting sections. If you just played as Sonic and Shadow in SA2 it would already be a much stronger game, and Mario 64 not forcing you to play sections that aren't platforming puts it way above SA2.

it is possible. You just have to give it to a competent games developer. ie: One that isn't Sonic Team.

Sonic Utopia thread? Sonic Utopia thread.
What's your best demo time?

Attached: 1542272145279.webm (480x270, 2.79M)

Oh god... I can already smell the thread's demise from here. Mind you. I'm not saying that because I hate Utopia. I'm saying it because everyone else here does.

Attached: 4f056e9bce554f4c62ce15bf4e273d7b--sonic-classic-sonic-birthday.jpg (736x761, 83K)

If you only played as Sonic/Shadow the game would be over in an hour. Sonic Team keeps adding slower alternate modes of gameplay to pad out the game's length. Even the more recent Sonic only games only last about 2 hours or so which is ridiculous for a $60 game.

Vocal minority =/= everyone. When the demo came out and threads weren't just fanboys, people were ridiculing people preferring the Sonic Team games over it.