Anno 1800 Open Beta

30 Minutes until it starts. Who else is hyped?

Attached: Anno-1800-beta.jpg (1024x576, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allkeyshop.com/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's this?
Looks interesting

Tell it true Yea Forums. Is it a worthy successor to 1404? Should I buy my steam copy now before its too late?

Its a medieval fantasy RTS with the ability to spawn a third person mode hero like with Divinity Dragon Commander.

Jesus Christ America, get your shit together. Anno is a management / city builder series that started in the 90's. It got cult status in Europe mainly, but should have reached a wider audience by now with Anno 2070.

This is the newest title, Anno 1800. It's in open Beta pretty much now until Sunday, so you can just play it for free until then (with some limitations). Gonna need the uPlay launcher unfortunately though.

You need the uPlay launcher anyway, so just get it there. You can use 100 achievement points to get a 20% discount. Haven't played it myself yet but it looks really dope on YT.

The future annos sucked.

No you lying cunt.

Fuck that, gonna pirate then.

>not even trying to hide it
god damn that's some low effort shilling

Eh, Anno 2070 was okay. It got bad rep because of uPlay and the always-online requirement. The gameplay was fine. Anno 2205 is of course inexcuseable.

I dunno, personal preference ofc but I just didn't get into it. 1404 was glorious though so 1800 hopefully is more like that.

Not hyped at all. Saves don't transfer and I'm not going to ruin the experience of playing the game for the first time and doing everything 'wrong'. I always find a way to optimize, but in the end I want to have my first savefile where I didn't know all the details yet and where everything is a mess.

This better be good, Tropico 6 was meh.

lovecraft mods??

Played the demo. I'm a lifelong Anno fan (no joke, I played them all on release) 1503 and 1404 are my shared favourites of them all, closely followed by 1602. I didn't enjoy 2070 as much and really disliked 2205. I mention all this so you know whether your tastes align with mine.
From the demo, it seems to surpass 1404 in most regards. There's a beauty element related to your island which influences some things (including tourism). Kinda reminded me of the ecobalance in 2070, but more refined. You can hire ships for trade routes between islands, but you can still use your own ships to save money. Pretty great feature I never knew I missed. It just feels very refined and I'm glad it's not futuristic anymore.
So yes, it definitely seems to be a great game. Only played the demo a few months back, so that's all I had to go on. You can try for yourself now in the open beta, but I think most Anno fans wil love it.

Open beta now and yet the release date is in four days? Am I missing something or are they just mislabeling preferred access as open beta?

>Anno games are generally loved by most Europeans (literally all my friends know of it and either love it or at least acknowledge their quality)
>A new game in a lifelong series releases in a few days
>Open beta is today til Sunday
>A singular thread on the entire game
>"Hurr shilling"
Goddamnit user.

>I'm glad it's not futuristic anymore.
The sci-fi setting was kino. Wish they would have done more with it, though.

They're mislabeling the demo as open beta.

Meh, nobody cares about that timeframe but anglos, and they're not even humans anyway

Yeah I know some people love it, but it really wasn't for me. Hence why I added my own preferences in my post. Maybe for you 1800 is a bit of a step back in setting, but I can guarantee it's more polished than any previous game so far.

daww shucks, ya got me.

I think it's a server stress test. Multiplayer is in it this time.

Am Germanoid and I care very much about it!

>who else is hyped?
>what's this?????
>it's on our uTrash platform but you can get a discount for doing *dumb shit*!
fuck off shill

Ah neighbour, are you going to enjoy making optimal grids as well? Form over function, amirite?

I thought some european countries were having issues buying games from the Epic Game Store, how they gonna play their cult status game now?

It does look very good, but the Epic drama is putting me off. Plus, I never cared enough about Anno to buy it on release. But if they opt to put pressure on me by removing it from Steam after release, I'd rather not play it at all.

No you fuck off you zoomer cunt. Let us have our Anno threads. Just because you're too new to remember what Yea Forums was like, doesn't mean you need to trash threads about games you don't like. Fuck off.

fuck off shill

Im the OP, but not the guy you responded to. How is any of that shilling? You can also get that game on the Epic store, but who the fuck does that. Steam will discontinue the sale after the 16th, so might as well get it from the Frogfuckers. I just wanted to bring some culture to this god forsaken board full of Sonic fags, Smash Brothers retards and Pokemon autists. Play a thinking man's game every once in a while you inbred troglodyte.

As much as I dislike Uplay, it's the only way to play Anno anyway. If you get it on Steam, you'll still need to login to Uplay or some weird shit. I remember it being a fucking hassle for 1503 or 1404, so I just got them on Uplay since then. I know the store is shit, but it's Anno man.

Nobody is forcing you to stay in a thread about a game you dislike. Go fuck off. You wouldn't know what a shill looked like if he shat in your mouth. Go bother some Sekiro threads.

>it's the only way to play Anno anyway
What if I told you there was... another way.

Attached: star_wars_battlefront_2_palpatine-590x332.jpg (590x332, 15K)

>You can also get that game on the Epic store
Oh so you're not just a shill but also a chink shill
>so might as well get it from the Frogfuckers
oy vey buy the game from one shit platform instead of the other one
Die in a fire shill

no neeed to get so defensive shill. just accept it that you've been found out and fuck off

I'm; Been playing Anno since I was like 7. Gotta support the devs man. Loved every Anno game, except 2205.

Just report and hide the retard anons. He won't derail our weekly Anno thread.

>Gotta support the devs man
oy vey gotta support the jews

thanks. preordered(on steam)

Is there going to be any mod support for this?
Those dreadnought-type battleships I've seen in the screenshots trigger my naval autism something fierce.

Attached: 750544963-anno-1800-geht-auch-multiplayer-hoch-her-1d8G4CTwJTa7[1].jpg (1024x576, 96K)

1404 are earlier on GOG. Just get them there.

How will this be different from 1404? I absolutely loved/love that game.

Doesn't it release next week? Why have an open beta now?

I get not wanting to give money to developers you dislike, but why not to devs you do like?

kek

Attached: Anno 1800 Open Beta2019-4-12-2-34-52.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

>You can use 100 achievement points to get a 20% discount
Im pretty sure Ubikikes have mentioned that this doesn't apply to new releases. have you tried this yourself?

I hope it gets cracked fast because I seriously doubt I'll be able to play the beta for shit with Sekiro, DMC5 and my Pathfinder (tabletop) campaign. What really interests me is to see the new military system.

half the dialogue isn't voiced

the game feels quite cheap compared with 1404, which is really insulting since they're trying to sell you shit in the menu screens

>Try anno 2205 for my first game
>Actually seems neat, might be fun
>Sike there's this naval combat minigame shit that's mandatory and insanely simple and boring
Is there a goof Anno game without some garbage side mode you have to play?

1404 of one of the greatest games of all time

2205 is the black sheep of the series, try any of the other games

The combat is actually 100% optional except for the tutorial mission. You have the choice of either entering the combat zone or leveling up your corporate level.

If I were buying ubishit games I would make sure to buy them at steam as a fuck you for introducing uplay

>Mama, dürfen wir auf dem Acker spielen?

>playing Epic trash
fucking sheep

It's not though, it's Ubishit

so I have 66 burgers in my steam wallet
if I want to get this game on steam I have to pre-order it
should i?

I did

You could play the open beta and see if you like the game first. Also, as with all Ubisoft games, you still need to play the game through UPlay even if you buy it on Steam.

How do you see the range of a warehouse?

>Ein
>Aus
>Hoch
this feel like words NPC's say when they get hurt, dutch in general is a very silly language.

Will it have Denuvo? I love the Anno series but I wont pay unless I absolutely have to

Attached: 070.png (633x874, 64K)

>ironclads in 1800
What?

nevermind, figured out that when placing a building it shows the range it will look for the nearest warehouse.
Glad that magic teleporter warehouses from 1404 are gone.

ALSO BRING BACK LAND COMBAT FUCKERS ITS THE 1800S JUST HAVE STRAIGHT LINES PEWPEW AT EACHOTHER

Yes.
I think the developers have said that it's based more on the latter half of the 1800's despite the name

Is it too late to get in on this? I don't want to install uPlay for no reason

Nah, it's going for a couple of days I think

>can't download open beta through Uplay because the shop tab doesn't appear unless you buy a game first, games bought through steam don't count either
thanks ubisoft

It does that if you're opening uplay by launching a game on Steam, try opening it directly.

Doesn't make a difference, you either have to buy a ubisoft game/get a free game from ubisoft or make a new account without any steam purchases.

Have you tried downloading uPlay separately?

>Actually like this game
>Think that probably might pick this up on steam's summer sale
>They removed it from Steam
>Autismo doesn't let me buy games that are not Steam/GOG
Shame, maybe they will pull a Bethesda on this one

Does this one require Uplay? I really REALLY enjoyed 1404 with a buddy. I wanna pirate this and play multiplayer if that is possible and its like 1404.

The game starts technologically somewhere in 1750, and you progress until the very early 20th century (early electricity).

All nu-bisoft games require uplay

So basically can't pirate and play it online then. Fuck.

download uplay, not the gimped steam version of uplay

Is it possible to reach engineers and investors in this beta?

No, it's limited to the first 3 stages like the closed beta was

The title is a bit misleading, as they all are. All the numbers in Anno titles have a sum of 9, so they wanted to stick with that. It doesn't mean the game plays in 1800.

Meh, I'll wait for the release then, I assume they haven't unlocked any new features?

>the 9 meme is more important than actually having an accurate year corresponding to the game's setting
That'll be a yikes from me dawg

They unlocked a bit of the Campaign, but nothing else as far as I know

how do I build bridges

Yes I did. Went from 60€ to about 48, else not even I would have bought it.

Just came back from the campaign chapters they let you play. It ends pretty abruptly so don't get invested into your island. It looks absolutely stunning and has a great feeling to it, though you still have to wait occasionally for resources to come in to continue. Maybe that gets better in sandbox or the full release.

No thanks, Ubishill.

That's German.

It's still in steam. It just won't be there AFTER launch.

can you not customize the bots you play against in sandbox like 1404? Also you start with an island instead of racing to find one?

What's the cheapest place to get a key at the moment?

Attached: Steam_2019-04-12_10-01-19.png (564x53, 8K)

I'm sure it's no coincidence, but of all the cheap as fuck and shady key sites, Uplay + 20% off with Uplay points is the cheapest by a few bucks.

If you can wait until after release you'll probably find better deals.

>oh no I cant launch uplay with this one launcher I have to launch it with a different launcher
only retards were going to buy it on steam anyways, get it on uplay

Yes, literally any other Anno.

Why the fuck are you playing 2205? Litera

Divinity Dragon Commander was awful nigger

>>Sike there's this naval combat minigame shit that's mandatory and insanely simple and boring
you can turn off invasions in the difficulty options and crisis sectors are only necessary to get the initial supplies of the rare materials before you do the secotor projects or orbital station that generate them. once you have a those the military aspect becomes nonexistant.

>can only customize game settings if you go to multiplayer
nice """""""""""""""sandbox""""""""""""""""

>could have tried pull this off with Division 2
>could have tried pull this off with Trials Rising
>could have tried pull this off with Far Cry New Dawn
>try this on the least popular game
they are testing the waters

uplay itself. if you have 100 points you can get a 20% discount.

use allkeyshop.com/blog/

>could have tried pull this off with Division 2
They literally did you retard.

>>could have tried pull this off with Division 2

Thanks anons, and sure enough Uplay is still the cheapest with the discount and I have like 800~ points to spend.

Now to buy some hot chocolate.

Here's hoping for a swift crack. Don't care about the steam and epic debacle but uplay can suck my dick.

>Anno
>Crack
lel
If by some miracle someone comes up with yet another broken as fuck crack to circumvent Denovo and Uplay (which i've no doubt they will in time), it will be completely void of MP, additional content, updates, community features, the global politics system etc

Game need multiplayer? I'm also waiting for crack. Is it like Sims with the online drm?

is there any way to see how much stuff buildings make for chains or do i have to run all the way to the wiki again? like how many distilleries can a full blast potato farm support?

Each production facility has a numerical output/input so you easily gauge how to balance things.

look at the percentage to know if something is not effective

how do I change the sandbox settings

You click on Custom on the difficulty screen

post postcards

does hide hud not work??? it says ctrl-g in the key menu but it doesn't do anything

I've never gone deep into the combat in the Anno games. How's the combat in this? Deeper than previous?

Doesn't seem to be. Combat was never the focus of Anno games anyway though.

There is no land combat

Are the trains in this beta?

If not fuck it and i'll wait for the full release.

Anno 2070 was literally 1404 in future

how to increase brick production this shit takes forever?
There are two clay pits on my island, but making two seperate brickmakers would take too many workers and the clay pits are on opposite ends of the islands.
how do I get both of them to deliver to a single brickmaker?

you can build one clay pit for two brickmakers actually

It was in closed beta for months and the devs rescheduled the release because they didn't want to release a broken/unbalanced game that needs day 1 patches

>Is there going to be any mod support for this?
There was a huge mod for 1404 (IAAM & Imperator Mod) and also one for 1701 and 1503, maybe not support but there are german hardcore autists/fans who will probably come up with something
I hope we get a map/game editor so we can create custom scenarios on fucking huge worlds
In 1404 you could also edit almost everything
having 1000 people in a single house for example etc

they said this in some german interview

Its not the year, its the century that matters

thanks, time to get those juicy brick roads

Build two brickmakers, just don't run the second one full time and just ramp production up/down as you need it.

No mods until they remove Denuvo.

ist doch geil, gerade wenn man auf ner kartoffel spielt

Anno 1503 had the best land combat
Anno 1404 had shit tier land combat but good/ok naval combat
Anno 2070 had only aircraft and naval combat but was alright
Anno 1800 seems to have no land combat, so similar to 2070
Its not the priority of Anno games but it would be neat to have 1503 combat back

why are my farmers leaving?

2205 uses denuvo and that's pretty moddable

needs shortage probably

The base game doesn't use denuvo, only the Tundra DLC.

wow don't forget to build fire departments
holy shit, my iron works cluster fucking exploded

>fuck up land combat badly in 1404
>decide that instead of fixing it in the era of 'straight line shoots other straight line' they just ignore it completely
ree these islands and cities are nice looking I want to fight in them

>was on an anno kick a month ago
>don't feel like playing now

Attached: 1552343981934.gif (245x184, 1.32M)

will we be able turn off the ai opponents like 1404? i like to play the sandbox with and without them.