Alright Yea Forums, it's time to find out who this board really represents

Alright Yea Forums, it's time to find out who this board really represents.

strawpoll.me/17797741

Attached: Wesnoth Choice 1.jpg (1920x1080, 832K)

hmm interesting results so far, but we need to get more votes in to be accurate

Can't I parley with the necromancer and become an edgy death knight if I slaughter them both?

Wow it's rebounding now

give me a quick rundown on this game

I wish someone had told me that this game was a Advanced Wars clone earlier

No you can't because you came there to find out why the fuck contact was lost to the southern city

Probably the real reason is it would diverge too much from the story from that decision and need a lot more work to create the scenarios and a totally new ending

A man can dream.

but it isn't an Advanced Wars clone bro, it's more of a fantasy version of those hex WWII military games

Shit dude, Wesnoth is dope as fuck. Gotta boot it up again.
Any nice custom campaigns?

Oh yea there's at least one or two official campaigns where you do play as a necromancer but you shoudn't start with those because they're at a higher default difficulty

It's a customizable SRPG engine I guess, OP's pic is one of the default campaign scenarios if I remember correctly.

Elves are Übermensch. Bandits in Wesnoth may look white but that's because the game hasn't caught up with modern day diversity quotas. Have no remorse when killing them.

haven't delved into those since I decided to go through the official campaigns in order at the highest difficulty settings, but I've checked the custom campaign browser in-game and I've seen which ones are the most downloaded ones
but we all know downloads =/= quality

Any need to have custom campaigns? Is what the base game has good on it's own? Downloading it now.

it's funny how Wesnoth gets it right in portraying Elves as being more powerful than humans, unlike most fantasy games these days, where elves are just there as people who live in the forest

It's closer to Fire Emblem, and not even that close

no you don't need to get the custom campaigns
there's PLENTY of game to have with just the official campaigns and multiple difficulty levels, and you'll see this for yourself after you've finished downloading
If you notice the pic I posted in the OP, the campaign play experience will actually change depending on who you side with and there's no magical solution where you can be friends with everyone. It feels like a mature fantasy setting.

ok, so we have more votes and who Yea Forums favors more is beginning to emerge

I wonder if the results would have changed if I had posted more of the context of the choice

Thanks for the info.

np bruh
also don't immediately go for the hardest difficulty until you actually have a hang on the mechanics.
Hard means HARD. Worse than X-COM hard, I think

Alright, before this thread gets archived, I'm gonna call it.

Yea Forums is an anti-elf board. The typical Yea Forums user would not assist an elf if one ran into him and asked him for help.

I've played enough Vermintide to know never to trust an Elf.

But this isn't Warhammer. We know everyone is an asshole there.

With my experience with countless Wesnoth campaigns, the elves are better than humans

E*foids BTFO

Plenty of other settings I've been in where the Elves are not to be trusted friend.

what do you mean by better?
it's obvious they're clearly more powerful

in those, you could swap the elves with a differently cultured group of humans, and there'd be almost no difference. It takes a good writer to truly write elves as a non-human, almost alien, race with their own aims and priorities.

In most settings they've been reduced to being pointy-eared tree-hugger humans

I need to know what crimes the bandits committed. If they're killing as many of our fellow men as the undead then fuck em, if they're only targeting elves then we can team up. Remember, kill a traitor before you kill an enemy

The bandits are the whole reason for the undead problem in the campaign and the deaths and damage that followed outside to the human lands, which is why one of the choices says their crimes are too great. You wouldn't say something like that if they were just regular bandits unless you were some kind of hardcore justice zealot.

Elves practice foul magic and weave curses. They enchant their arrows with wasting diseases which kill a man slowly, and they consort with the beastfolk.

Attached: angry about elves.jpg (275x142, 10K)

erm, those are pretty trumped up charges

They perform blood rituals which will blight your fields and make your land go to rushes.

that sounds even more preposterous

An Elf once shapeshifted into a fox and killed my hens to spite me for cutting down a tree for firewood.

You cannot trust these knife eared devils.

Can you like, just stop inventing these dumb stories about elves? It just makes you look stupid instead of making elves look bad

fuck elves but fuck bandits more for being literal niggers

EIDF here

>bandits made the problem
why the fuck would I side with them and make an additional enemy of the elves? Even if they're an ally the bandits would obvious be incompetent or backstabbers

yea, it's weird how if you were going by JRPG morality, it would be fine to side with the Bandits, but if you weighed everything that's actually happened fairly, the correct options is to side with the Elves.

>a lover of nature killed more nature to spite me for killing nature
Sure m8

Because in this particular situation, that bandit leader was the only one who wasn't on-board with the whole using undead powers to upgrade our bandit operations and criminality. And he's repenting for the actions of the other leaders in his group who did use Undead powers and got enslaved by it by offering to help you out to stop this whole thing.

What are some good mods?

also I assume the reason he's in that part of the forest is because he's been stuck there with what remains of the bandits that didn't get turned into slaves, fighting the undead this whole time which is why he couldn't leave to get help or to help

>free to play
what's the catch

Attached: skeet.png (725x670, 699K)

There's an in-game add-on browser where you can browse different types of add-ons, like custom campaigns, scenarios, mods, and other stuff. But the base game is good enough on its own to play through completely before delving into that stuff.
Also the OP pic is a huge decision and that's just in the beginner campaign. You don't get that shit in your usual tactics games.

literally nothing
its a proper open source game thats being developed for over 15 years now

the catch is the game is legitimately challenging (even on easy, if you're more of the casual type of player) and there's perma-death for non-story characters. Well if a story character dies, you just get a game over.