Red Dead Souls

It's over.....

Attached: Screenshot_20190411-102930~2.png (1080x979, 117K)

whats the rockstar style?

endless exposition while you drive a car/skate/horse from point A to point B?

sounds good

Japanese have been flirting with open world games these past few years is this a sign of them capitulating to the superiority of western style games like The Witcher?

it is indeed.

>first Miyazaki says he wants to make a battle royale game
>now he wants to make an open world game
what's his end goal

Attached: 59674622_p6.jpg (400x325, 79K)

To stop rehashing demon's souls.

Don't give a fuck about narrative shit but would be cool to have an open world type game (e.g. with proper cities, etc) with FROMsoft combat.

For fuck sake. At least let team B develop Dark Souls 4.

experimenting
you should try it
or you can stay on the exact same genre/hobbie till you die

>Rockstar-Style Berserk game developed by From

Attached: 1554931940477.jpg (540x540, 46K)

>projecting

i'm not the one that wants sequels

where did I say that

Such things are more expensive and Japanese suits are notoriously resistant to change.

I mean, they got the gameplay nailed so as long as they keep that core intact I don't see the problem.

That sounds fucking AWESOME

>developers shouldn't want to try something different after 20 years in the industry, they should do what I want!!!

Attached: Crying-baby-white-background[1].png (1005x978, 1.03M)

If it's not souls-shit, you lads will never touch it.

Attached: Derecine.jpg (273x364, 15K)

How is it "something different" if they're explicitly copying someone else?

combat fucking sucks in rockstar games and in open world games in general so it might be a good idea who knows

Attached: 1393706949339.jpg (365x467, 48K)

i would but i think the 3 DaS were shit and sequels aren't worth making

I want to play Deracine but I don't own a VR set

half decent writing

i obviously meant from what they themselves have been mostly doing, ya fuckin dunce

>experimenting
>something different

I guess Apex Legends is an "innovative and experimental" EA title, not a literal rehash.

If he said he wants to do an open-world game, that's fine - Souls is technically open world, he has experience. He specifically said "like Rockstar", which is akin to "like trash".

I predicted they would do RDR

If it's VR I'm not touching it
They should've released something actually different instead of Sekiro

How much money you think I fucking got? Fuck VR.

Raven's Next City pls
also fuck you if it's not the armored core game you promised us 4 years ago you fucking faggots

Miyazaki is the CEO of From and they are a trustworthy company. I'm sure they can get some kind of budget from a western publisher.

Is this vr only? There is no way to hook up Vive to ps4 right?

Maybe you should spend more time learning how to communicate and less time posting crying babies.

i still to play a rockstar game with half decent writing

Max Payne 3.

>MUH ORGAN HARVESTING BRAZILIANS
common now, there are like 5 fucking movies about that and every single one was shit

just make a real GTA game, busta

Attached: 1381461846247.jpg (300x448, 17K)

>experimenting
>jumping on a band wagon
pick one

I think he just mean dialouge choices and quest

it's far above most games

Hundreds of millions of dollars spent on an open world game that has no lasting appeal.

not sure how i'm gonna get it to less than 10 seconds, but i'll try
when did i say anything at all about apex legends or ea?
>He specifically said "like Rockstar", which is akin to "like trash"
well, that's your opinion
but, even so, i didn't say anything about quality, just that he wanted to try something he hadn't done much

Cutscenes up the ass, incessant Bendis-tier dialogue, incredibly frail set pieces that have several fail states in order for you to not have fun, as many undercooked gimmicky mechanics as possible and macrotransactions.

Well, sorry for wanting gameplay in my games.

>>Rockstar-Style Berserk game developed by From

No thanks. Not interested in having to keep loading old saves because I accidentally bumped into a peasant with my sword and killed them with it.

waaaa i want the same game AGAIN for the 7th time waaaa

open world meme game

>game

lmao Witcher 3 wouldn't be one of the top 5 nip games of the last 6 months

Their best game since the first Dark Souls.

>adventure games aren't games
this is a forum for those above the age of 18.

waaaa i want the same game AGAIN for the 36th time cept from my meme studio waaaa

Compared to Demon's Souls, Sekiro might as well be RDR. The direction he wants to move in has been clear for a while now.

Correct, you're in the videogame board. These should be more your speed.

>7th time
Demon's
Dark 1
Dark 2
Bloodborne
Dark 3
????

>The Rockstar style

Don't forget about the clunky character control and the slavish dedication to finding "muh realism" in a VIDEO GAME. You know, video games? Those things that are supposed to be a fantastical escape from reality? In Rockstar world, they treat it as if you could telepathically inhabit the body of an actual human and try to control them.

Ask Keiji Inafune what happens when a Japanese studio tries to develop a Western style game.

...Sekiro? Why'd you forget that?

Nah they're ignoring that shitty writing for RDR2

Sekiro is barely comparable

Why?

I just want another Armored Core

Attached: utwYURa.jpg (600x800, 91K)

Because it is a different game
How about you start listing similarities you fucking sperg.

GTA V is still top selling after 6 years though

Just make a Berserk game then

Honestly, souls battle royale would actually be interesting

I don't think there's been a BR game that focused on melee combat

V only sells because of online. Most people I know haven't even played SP and I don't blame them, it's awful.

Bully.

Agreed. Even then I don't see how people like it

>vg247
nigga ru serious

>all these butthurt replies about the success Rockstar has
Chinks can't surpass them, they're not even in their toes.

Yeah, it's ass. It had its appeal when current gen consoles didn't have many massive online games, I guess.

Wait, Dubrovnik is where they shot Game of Thrones, right? And there's a rumour going around GRRM may write a future Basedls game, right? So, if Miyazaki is there...

Nice, there's a new based filter.

>Dubrovnik is where they shot Game of Thrones, right?

Yes, and that new shitty Robin Hood film and bunch of others.

I never understood the success and popularity of Nigger Simulator.

Yes actually.

If you're at the point in your life where you think it's normal to say reply to someone simply asking "Why?" with "list them you fucking sperg", then I think you might actually be the sperg friendo, and maybe you need to sit down and have a long, hard look at yourself. Maybe your brain is warped from too much internet. Unplug once in awhile. It's springtime out there.

Attached: 15132426575.png (478x478, 407K)

not him but since you claimed sekiro is comparable to the other soulsborne games the burden of proof is on you

It did open world games right. GTA 3 is one of the most seminal videogames in videogame history for this reason.

>"muh realism" in a VIDEO GAME
The key is making the game and killing look realistic but fun, like a game. Nobody wants to choke a dude for a straight minute or use all his strength to punch a dagger into the victims heart to kill someone but if it's fun then that's good. So yes, a certain amount of realism or believability is a very good thing.

i dont understand why Yea Forums keep suggesting this isnt true. it's about as far a departure from dark souls as bloodborne was. the combat has some different/new mechanics (posture, and a few new ways to counter), but other that we have bonfires = lanterns = scultor's idols, estus = vials = healing gourd (and subsequently, estus shards = gourd seeds), spells = hunter tools = prosthetics, titanite = blood shards = iron/steel/other upgrade mats etc, blacksmith = scultor, doll = emma, etc etc

i could go on but you see the point. most of the old formula is there, you're being willfully ignorant if you cant see that. once again, bloodborne was a departure from souls in a few ways, and sekiro is the same way. different, but the same. i'm not implying that's a bad thing, and i dont see why Yea Forums spergs out over it.

What a meaningless post, what you think that by insulting me you somehow make what I said null? Kill yourself.

>superiority of western style games like The Witcher
>witcher 3
>good

Attached: YIKES.png (1034x246, 7K)

>You know, video games? Those things that are supposed to be a fantastical escape from reality?
Let me guess, you also hate Dark Souls 2 and post the image of harvest valley elevator to show why? Hypocrite.