Why you should avoid Ace Combat 7 and the Ace Combat series

Some of you have seen the marketing surrounding Ace Combat 7 and are tempted to give that game a chance, especially this weekend due to the game having a 33% discount on Steam.
Well, you shouldn't. Why is that?
1. The Ace Combat series is not a flight simulator or an even remotely realistic plane game: it's basically a shooter where you move 360° and you can switch between first person and third person.
2. The Ace Combat series' gameplay boils down to shoot down green dots. You see the green dots, you move close to those green dots until they turn red, then you press the missile button and they disappear. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes the dots are on the sky, sometimes they're on the ground but that's it.
3. The story and writing in those games is pretty much like a mecha ("giant robots") anime show. If you've watched one of these, you know what to expect.

If you don't believe me go to youtube and search for a playthrough of any Ace Combat 7

Attached: ac7.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadgameps3.com/space-war-attack-ps2-free/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based

Points 1 - 3 are what makes it such an amazing game everyone should play.

>if it isn't a sim it is bad
please leave dcsfag, we're enjoying ourselves

If a game presents itself as an airplane game, you expect a simulator, not a shooter.
That's what makes Ace Combat a dishonest series.

You may be making too many assumptions here.

Ace combat 7 is fun. Only a literal basedboy faggot wouldn't appreciate flying around blowing shit up while your teammates jerk you off for being so amazing

Yeah when I play a fighting game I expect ufc realism therefore all fighting games except ufc suck.

The game does not present itself as a simulator. Ace Combat has always (well, since 3 at least) embraced crazy tech, unrealistic manoeuvring and anime absurdity. Try any gameplay, watch any trailer.

Nowhere in the entire history of the series does it try to be a simulator

>3. The story and writing in those games is pretty much like a mecha ("giant robots") anime show. If you've watched one of these, you know what to expect.
Ace Combat in SRW when

Attached: 1550619577747.gif (750x545, 126K)

WAAAAH WAAAH STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!

This retarded manbaby has been seething nonstop at Ace Combat ever since 7 was released
Shoot yourself you drooling faggot

Attached: 1554498487089.png (553x454, 208K)

fuck off tranny

AC fans are really desperate at this point. Most actual fans agree that Assault Horizon is better than AC7.

>Game has cars
>WHAT THE FUCK THIS ISN'T A BORING SIMULATOR

Attached: 512Q5KWFAWL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 38K)

>Waah cars don't actually handle like that

Attached: arcade stage 3.png (320x240, 45K)

Why are you trying this desperately for (you)s?

Good, I don't have time to learn a complex flight sim like DCS because I'm not autistic as fuck.

Well...he did say "most" fans, so maybe he's serious?

But that sounds great.

Attached: 1176466306854.jpg (1600x1200, 165K)

No one, not even here, is that retarded.

>buying games

why would you do that? you can have it for free?

Attached: copygaming.jpg (114x155, 4K)

Attached: e38.gif (625x626, 758K)

I want more of what I enjoy.

Same reason Why should you fuck off of Yea Forums

I just post memes and bait other people into buying it.
that way they get their money and I get my free game.

Attached: 1548205199338-1.png (160x177, 47K)

No you don't.
A pirate has never convinced me to buy a game.

maybe not you but someone sure did end up buying it.

sounds awesome man, i always thought it was another boring sim game. thanks for the the info, i’ll definitely be checking this it out.

because people worked on it

>he bought

Attached: 1554019757868.png (976x658, 272K)

Not when 100% of your arguments are "pirate, don't buy".
Like your statements on this very thread.

But that sounds fun as I enjoy ridiculous shit like EDF and so on and if it's on a sale, I just might go check it out. Thanks OP. EDF Iron Rain is like 60 bucks so -33% off helps me a lot right now till my next pay check drops.

>implying I tell in every thread that I pirate

>Game trailer has drones that come out of a giant carrier with a laser forcefield that blocks bullets
>Dishonest
Your intense retardation is art.

Attached: McKinsey.png (184x188, 47K)

>If a game presents itself as an airplane game, you expect a simulator, not a shooter
>Ace Combat
>Combat
>My wrongful expectations should be forced onto others

These are perfectly valid points. 7 is as forgettable as 6. It can go dance with the angels for all I care.
3 is where it's at. Fuck off with the four, five and zero bullshit. Just as OP has said, rather than trying to be unique, it instead goes for being generic, full of boring planes we've already flown a million times.
The starting plane should be a fucking f-22 raptor, and it should be the bottom tier. Every plane from there should be strike wyvern or cooler. And original. Ace combat has some of the sickest original planes, and yet, they stopped using them.

Attached: suzo7bdibz921.jpg (2400x1617, 312K)

I don't like AC3 very much. The branching story and tone is all appealing but the gameplay is mechanically weak and the missions are way too basic.

An Ace Combat/EDF crossover could be pretty fun.

Name one mission in 7 that is "more mechanically" complex, and ill name one from ac3 that's twice as complex. You have no idea what you're talking about.

so you're saying i should play it

>avoid ace combat
delete this fucking thread right now you nigger

Attached: 1554806695092.gif (247x248, 966K)

I agree with every one of your points.
I still love the series.

so basically
>stop liking what i don't like
ok bud

SAY NO MORE FAMALAM

Attached: Space_War_Attack.jpg (640x909, 191K)

>7 mainline games in and people still dont know AC is a arcade game

Attached: 554.png (249x386, 283K)

we already had godzilla in infinity so why the fuck not
let me railgun some giant fuckin ants

You're just biased because you prefer sci-fi over realism.

Well shit. How have I never heard of this before.

Get on to it nigga
downloadgameps3.com/space-war-attack-ps2-free/