What's your thoughts on this series? Does it suck?

What's your thoughts on this series? Does it suck?

Attached: EOV_Cover_final.jpg (1500x1398, 641K)

Sucks on your whore mother's breasts.

Attached: 02.png (476x819, 278K)

I picked up 4 a month ago. It's pretty good. Anyway. how do I beat the hollow queen in the 2nd maze? my party is landsneckt, fortress, nightseeker, rune master, and dancer (level 25)

EO is fucking amazing. 5's a weaker entry though.

5 felt incredibly bland to me
i think it's due to the lack of access to ailment attacks early game

The second name system was the real issue for me. Having the ability to steamroll the game from the second stratum up to the postgame didn't help either.

I would describe it as a cute and funny series.

They're pretty good overall
nice fan art too

Attached: 1556a244cecdc04e2071c62907eabdb3.jpg (679x850, 222K)

One of my faves, they'll never top EO3 though.

good af/10

I've only played IV and V and I liked them both. I actually just got done with V very recently, and while I liked it, I got really sick of it by the end. I intended to just do the maingame, but the 6th Stratum seemed so cool that I felt compelled to do it even though I was already getting tired of it, but by the end of it I had really just had enough. I never fought the ultimate boss, which I intended do, but I just didn't have the patience for it anymore. I still do think it's a good game, but next time I play an EO game I think I'll not play it on hard, because while it offers its own fun, it ultimately just dragged the game out a bit too much for me.

I hate etrian Odyssey, it's less hard and more obtuse

There are 2 class that both have a skill that deal the more damage the less HP you have except one of them scale like crazy and it's literally one of the most powerful attack in the game and the other does not and hits like a wet fart

One of the bosses in the 2nd game (but let's be honest, it's like an etrian Odyssey trope) has an attack that literally one shot your whole party no matter what except whoops there is a skill that stop him from doing it, you didn't pick the class with the skill in question? Well you are fucked, back to the grinding mines with you!

The game is full of unfair bullshit like that and probably the biggest argument you could make against skill tree in RPG and fan just eat it up and gets ultra defensive ala "GIT GUD!" Everytime you point it out and it's so annoying and frustrating, I honestly have no idea how they were able to milk 5 games and 2 remakes out of the concept

You sound like you played one of the games for like 4 or 5 hours, died because you weren't prepared, and dropped the franchise forever

>and fan just eat it up and gets ultra defensive ala "GIT GUD!"

I finished the first 2 game and got halfway through the third one before deciding the amount of stupid bullshit was too much

By the way OP, the first game has a skill that pretty make you invincible so they changed it in the remake, retards like this one who brag about the game challenge won't tell you shit like that

Try getting good. But also grind more.

Original version final final boss is basically impossible without it though. Fucker will break the damage cap on you.

- Random encounters
- Massive backtracking
-Almost no plot
- Loli art, trying to please pedos
- You spend more time drawing maps than actually playing

So yes, it basically sucks

Foot Bind

She’s there to teach you how important binds are.

>Does it suck?

No. It became my favorite JRPG series. I think the only game I have had trouble finishing is EOV since I really dislike both the skill progression and the new stat calculation, there were rarely times when I actually felt I was growing stronger, my team felt, and still feels, incomplete, and I'm already reaching the first level cap, currently stuck at Dryad.

Posting best etrian.

Attached: 49076490_p21.png (500x500, 153K)

Post team. Both in V and Nexus I felt almost overpowered.

Nah. It’s consistently great. Good music, charming art design and decent challenge.

best games on 3DS and the most consistently good series of the last decade

>Loli art
>Not making a party of men

Ironically, I really enjoyed Nexus. To put it into perspective. I did more progress in Nexus in three days than what I did in V in a whole year, I just kept dropping it over and over again, it was until I 100% Nexus when I finally picked it again and finally beat the game.

My current team is Barrage Pugilist - Cannon Dragoon - Master Masurao / Broker Necromancer - Healer Botanist. Recently I've been considering turning my Pugi into Impact and Masurao into Dancer and just cheese bosses with 9999 HP Wraiths and Fierce Shield, but there's something very satisfying about hitting full One-Two Punch into Lash Out.

Attached: 1549931275096.jpg (918x1092, 279K)

Attached: D3GuxQwUYAAGZvY.jpg (760x1024, 178K)

That team seems ok enough, I had a Warlock instead of a Necromancer. Really enjoyed my Pugilist bonding everything, my Dragoon mitigating damage and using that to power his attacks. Never gave lmao4kats a try but my Masurao did more than enough damage with Helm Splitter.

The game felt fresh, at least to me. Even if the translation felt unfinished and so did other parts of the game. Those shrines in Nexus were the first time in the series I wanted to be done as quick as I could.

This.

I also wish Nexus was better.

No one can deny the shrines were the lowest point of Nexus, but it had some really good moment and things, especially the EOIII remixed music, I just can't go back to the originals anymore.

Attached: 1551941391535.jpg (1280x960, 201K)

Games are fine. 4-Nexus kind of blend together. 4 had the last good soundtrack.

Pedobait. Pretty much it.

I want to get into the series, where should I start? The very first game and work my way up?

5's soundtrack was great I thought.

The first two got remakes so it won't be necessary to start with the originals unless you want to see how the series progressed with each game. I'd suggest starting with 3 or 4 if you're having trouble getting into 3 instead and going from there.

>4 had the last good soundtrack.

You're not wrong. 5 has some really good tracks like Jagged Reach, Fetid Necropolis and End of Raging Waves, but most of its tracks were kind of boring, especially the last three stratums, they have way too much buildup and are boring to listen to. Nexus barely had completely new tracks, but Jormungandr's theme is really good, probably my favorite final boss theme now.

I usually recommend one of two:

>Start with the first DS game and go in release order so you can see how the series evolved and the QoL improvements it got. Be aware that EO and EOII are kind of outdated but they're still an enjoyable play. Don't be afraid to check the skill trees of the first game online, as it's not shown in game
>Start with EOIII and go in release order since the first two games got remakes in 3DS that were released after IV. III was the only game that didn't get a remake but is by far the best DS EO

Just be very patient, the early game is always the hardest part of the game, you'll be doing baby steps, going back and forth until you slowly get more levels, better skills and equipment but when your characters finally get online, it's a very satisfying feeling being able to cover almost a whole floor in one go.

Attached: 1504760571889.png (600x894, 894K)

I ran the same team with an ailment harbinger instead of dragoon, also I flip flopped on the necro's mastery a couple times. I thought that the game was pretty easy overall even without 9999 hp wraiths.
You might be able to make dancer Mas work with both dragoon and necro for defense and pug's overexertion as a damage buff and barrage skills to trigger Hell Slash chases. Master Mas wants to spam helm splitter but you need either leg bind or ailments to remove the enemies dodge chance.

End of the Raging Waves hasn't been great since 3, all the remixes try so hard to make it sound more epic and it detracts from the song itself. And I do agree the 4th Stratum theme is really weak, I'd gladly defend the 5th and 6th themes, they're excellent.

I always have my Masurao use Foot Sweep into Helm Splitter and has worked perfectly fine. I'll just try again, I have only attempted Dryad once but she recovered for 20k HP and then just buffed herself like no one's business, I guess that's why she's so weak to ailments.

Nobody will be able to convince me that End of Raging Waves in IV and V aren't better than in III, I simply can't find any attachement to the original when the remixes are really well done, especially Winds which has a really nice progression, from listening to it for the first time when fighting a Bloodbear, all the way to the final fight against Baldur.

Attached: 43692912_p1.jpg (700x749, 327K)

It's only for people who actually like video games. Can't name a jrpg with better combat that isn't modded.

Attached: 1554770111466.png (306x347, 226K)

>Untold 2

yeah dryad was a huge pain for me, I just tried until I got a turn one ailment then stun locked her to death. If you're that far in the game then you can definitely kill bosses with necro's chainblast and tombstone vice to lock down and then dancer's hell slash to kill. Not sure how dancer handles regular encounters though, I imagine you put your armor back on so you don't get one shot by a light breeze. I changed my Mas master to a dancer and my Herbalist to a Shaman for the super boss so I could stun lock him to death because he's a huge pain in the ass

I absolutely hate drawing the maps. Would I be able to find the maps online or are they randomly generated?

Thoughts on how you think they will adapt the series to Switch? It pains me to think they will almost certainly have to go with a SMT Strange Journey-esque auto mapping feature, although I wonder if there will be an optional touch screen mapping mode (although it would probably work poorly without the stylus).

Sad that this series was so perfectly made for the DS/3DS. I guess I wont be that sad because we got a lot of fucking entries, a far better fate then Trauma Center (nothing on WiiU or 3DS was bullshit).

Maps are set, and there's automapping in later entries for faggots like you.

The whole appeal is drawing maps. It would be pointless

drawing maps if the best part fag
but yes, you can just look them up online if you want

Attached: 1496808836261.png (885x1015, 1.39M)

I think people make a much bigger deal about the maps than it is.
You can still draw your own maps, nothing stops you from doing that

Attached: 1530629351658.jpg (1440x1454, 632K)