There has never been an MMO that actually benefits from having so many players

there has never been an MMO that actually benefits from having so many players

Attached: mmo.png (880x480, 951K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gnah58qRvnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PlanetSide 2.

This is now a Shield Bro thread.

Attached: 1549499901703.jpg (2048x1536, 2.29M)

WoW isn't better for it.

Literally the only good thing about MMOs is that so many people are playing them so there's an economy, and huge communities, that's the main draw. MMOs would be really shitty games otherwise.

Modern MMOs? Sure, I would love to play a single-player Final Fantasy XIV because 90% of the game is singleplayer already, and I fucking hate XIV's community.
Old MMOs, on other hand, are designed with communities in mind, most of them have nothing to offer as a single-player experiences.

Based

OP never played CoH.

MMO as a single player game is an utter shit of a concept.
MMOs generally aren't that good, to begin with, but their flaws can be overlooked due to the multiplayer aspect. Take that away and all you get is a shitty game.

Modern MMOs are the most antisocial games I've ever played though. You dont have any reason to interact with another player unless you're playing with a friend, and making friends is pointless because by now everyone has their little cliques.

The multiplayer online world aspect is pointless. Just make it a singleplayer RPG game with optional multiplayer in the same vein as Divinity Original Sin 2.

shadowbane, asherons call 1 + 2, darkfall, planetside, even ultima

just because youve only experienced themepark shit doesnt mean the genre never had a point

>Just make it a singleplayer RPG game with optional multiplayer
I think the original guild wars was like this with the quest hubs/cities being multiplayer shards. worked out pretty well imo

star wars galaxies.

modern mmos are not the thing which made mmo games popular

Eve would be terrible if it was single player.

>Change my mind
Get one first

this thread was made by a helmie i can smell it

WvW in GW2

this, I could never get in to MMO's because it's obvious that they lack heavily in a lot of areas, one of the only genres where shit like microtransactions, paid DLC that is cut out of the game, and general quality dips are allowed because "you can play with your friends LOL" take something like ESO for example, it has 1/4 of the depth of skyrim and is still considered great.

Are you new to videogames by any chance? Or just massively retarded?

I wish EVE were a single player MMO. It would completely break down in its current state, but I really want to explore nullsec and wormhole space, doing the PvE content without having to deal with politics or watching over my shoulder and jumping at shadows the whole time.

virtually every MMO that came out before WOW got better the more players there were
youtube.com/watch?v=gnah58qRvnc

I admittedly dont play MMOS but I absolutely never would have played WoW or Runescape were it not for friends also playing. Cant Imagine playing garbage like that by myself.

cringe animefucker

>you will never get to play the singleplayer version of The Secret World the devs wanted to make

Attached: 1548904104470.png (780x577, 791K)

Runescape before the Grand Exchange.
It was an actual social game back then, but with the Grand Exchange, I can see how you might think it's totally singleplayer.

Attached: oh.png (273x269, 63K)