Outward

Anyone playing Outward?

Attached: 20190410183025_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/outward/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 20190408184548_1.jpg (2560x1440, 342K)

na, looks shit

i will when it goes on sale

what is it

Its shit

new game bad

Way too much fucking backtracking and mindless walking to and from places you've already been. Super boring.

Yeah. Playing a Warrior-Monk Counterattack Spear. Fun so far, it helps that I love polearm weapons and always go for them in any game. Haven't joined a faction though, planning Elatt since I spent the most time in the Hallowed Marsh and with them.

cope, virgin

Yep. Playing it with brother, just like old times again. A splitscreen RPG is a seriously cool fucking concept and I'm in full support of it.

Lots of walking. I found a mask that gives 20% run speed but still so much travel. Also tons of inventory management (more running to home) to get weight down.

Yea but Im getting kindof bored. If this games was nothing but dungeon crawling and kept every mechanic the same it would be an infinitely better game. The game is very fun when you are in a dungeon managing inventory, setting traps and shit.

I almost want to pester the devs just to get something like this in the game, the quests are shit and make you run back and forth over and over, it gets boring, just make an endless dungeon where you try to get to the bottom and if you die you are sent back to the top, and there is something like a shop every 4 floors or so and loot on the floors is random.

Man I wish the draw distance was better in this game. Half these screenshots look nice but if you look past 30-40 feet beyond your character shit just looks so muddy and gross.

Viciously small inventory weight limit, where your current gear also counts, should be a crime when you have to walk to and from each vendor. The game needs a taxi service, or a wagon.

I REALLY want an endless dungeon or something like that, something to use my end game character on.

yes

Attached: 794260_20190408203340_1.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

Found a recipe for an obsidian pistol
this is the best weapon in the game

I tried to refund it because of insane stuttering but I had 4 hours and they wouldn't let me. Now I'm 8 hours in just dealing with the stuttering but the travel is getting on my nerves.

Heres something that I realized after clearing the game and playing again. All the items you can pick up in game are completely expendable, you WILL get them again, dont get too attatched to armour to the point where you are carrying it just to sell it, scrap it for bandages and keep moving forward instead of heading back to town, do not cling to every berry you collect like you need to gather thousands of them for later, items are plentiful and unless you plan to make 100 potions to carry on you at all times there is no real reason to horde stuff. You might have a better time if you do everything on the fly, like dismantling armour and weapons instead of selling them, I am serious when I say that everything is expendable, there are only a few rare drops in the game and they arent anything to really worry about, youll know them if you get them, everything else can be thrown away without worry of never attaining it again.

TLDR stay in the field, dont keep going back to hubs, set up camps and forage for what you need rather than head back every time you feel you have something valuable to sell when you could be moving forward.

Do tents, fires, alchemy/cooking stations stay in place if you set them up out in the world?

Did they ever change the multiplayer from fucking you over if people take stuff from your game?

no

I just started this weekend. Saved my lighthouse and got sent to bandit jail where I hid in some dead bodies to escape. Pretty fun game.

What's your CPU?

Ive never had them disappear myself, instead of buying the house in your respective quest hub I just set up a hobo camp at the door, just make a backpack and drop it and use it as a storage box. But videogames, dont take a chance if you can avoid it. Also
>set up in the area I want to explore, its somewhere I can return to and sleep, eat and store items
>drop main backpack
>equip adventurer backpack(it doesnt affect your roll)
>go into dungeon
At least thats what Ive been doing. Try to regain from going back to towns if you can help it, its monotonous as fuck to keep running back and forth and its really not necessary, just stay outside doing stuff and actually using items instead of keeping them for a time that never comes.

I'm jut waiting to see how modding will go, or if there is even going to be any, before buying. The base game seems awful as fuck but if it gets same kind of a modding scene as skyrim did there may be some hope for it, but that's unlikely to ever happen...

As far as I know theres not even any tool out and most likely never will be.

Attached: 9d0.png (165x115, 29K)

Did they patch the backpack bug yet? I lost my lich helmet due to it.

So is this game like Gothic levels of exploration or is it just another walking simulator

I feel like this was a great idea and not quite right execution.

Yes people want a big open world where you explore, but you have to actually put stuff in it to find which is interesting. Just making a big world for the sake of it isnt useful.

And yes, logistics and gear management is fun, but only if its not cumbersome. And yes, food/drink is a nice touch, but it should be optional and provide buffs not force you to partake in it all the time.

Its like a lot of good ideas which were taken one step too far and were no longer enjoyable but just tedious to interact with.

at the moment it's mostly a walking simulator meters like hunger that you have to babysit.

Yeah overdesign plagues this game pretty hard, its one of those "We started off with a good idea and went too far" deals

>bought it because it sounded comfy
>played the tutorial
>combat was unforgivably bad
Immediately refunded

Attached: akarin.png (256x256, 114K)

Your rig is fucking shit then dude. The game runs smooth on literal toasters.

4790k, 980Ti, 32GB 2133
I'm not alone, tons of threads about stuttering issues

I dont know why developers are scared of small distances between spaces, like being 'big' is better for the sake of it. If you cant fill the space between Town X and location Y, then make the journey short.

Lots of older RPG games had a lot of content within or next to towns, you would literally just get there by walking through a dungeon door or sewer or something. There wasn't this whole "world" between you and the location.

They did the right thing removing fast travel, but they also tried to have the same huge world and it really ruins the experience.

bros, perfect strike or master of motion? am using halberd

I'd be invested if it wasnt "Host can play, second player gets fucked"

Attached: squid.jpg (590x453, 39K)

can't go anywhere because i do shit damage and everything fucks me

Why in the fuck doesn't my co op buddy gain skills in my game?
We just wanted to play from start to finish, but NO.
Gotta fucking jump back and forth between our games to get skills and quest gear.
Fucking lame.

lol get fucked coop fags, go play dark souls or some shit like that

imagine fallout 4 survival mode with 90% of enemies and stuff removed. Most of the time you are just walking from point A to B or prepering to walk there by making sure you have enough food cooked up so you don't starve to death on your harrowing journey of 5 minutes of brisk walk to nearby hut and back.
If you get lucky you may find some wolfs to kill on the way so you can enjoy some combat animation ripped directly from fucking Oblivion.

Attached: 1510426888727.jpg (589x564, 110K)

>PS Store doesn't do refunds
I should've checked first. At least I supported the local economy.

Attached: 1512519145749.png (455x810, 336K)

What's wrong with it?

It's the new hardware that's causing the problems, the game was made on a toaster.

Finished it and well, it's cute specially at the beginning. Lots of mechanics to learn and stuff
My issue came before the ending. If you arrived at that stage (in any kind of path) you'll notice aswell. Hasty and badly written at most. And that's an issue by itself already.

Gamewise I played a 2h axe and armor. That until I understood something. Armor is useful if you take hits. And it doesn't happen if you know your stuff.
Steamrolled the rest of the game in full master trader gear + the white bird mask. Pratically 0 armor, no weather defences and a monstrous speed all around.
You become essentialy some kind of speed monster, outrunning everything and dancing around all enemies easily

Honestly should've been a big ol dungeon crawl, the open worlds look nice but are so boring. Like a bunch of small procedurally generated dungeons connected to a few big handcrafted ones or something like that would be cool

>procedurally generated

Attached: into the trash.jpg (315x256, 11K)

It worked well enough in Let it Die, just do something like that but with 4 or 5 big handcrafted ones wedged in between em

As I said in the post, the combat is horrible. How can I go from playing games like DMC5, Sekiro, and MGR to Outward?

Should I try again for a refund? Stuttering is out of control but I have 7 hours played. I do kind of want to beat at least one quest line and I don't really need the money cause it was just Steam Wallet from selling shit I didn't buy.

Sounds like you're just bad at the game, user

You niggers told me I could ask an innkeepercfor directions but thye just give me random useless tips when i say "id like to talk". The fuck am I doing wrong?

No wonder the game is reviewed so poorly, fags like you playing, no patches since release, broken combat. But I'm glad you gave me the final push to not buy it.

coop fags are cancerous, cunt

What is with the purple grass?

>game explicitly advertises coop
>lol coop is for fags
Please kill yourself

Attached: 1518797534899.gif (600x500, 2.91M)

just because they want coop fag money doesn't meant coop isn't retarded

the mountain is magic

The entire game is retarded based on going through threads and reading online discussion so it doesnt surprise me it attracts troglodytes like yourself.

Influence of mana stones growing beneath it

Walking simulator?

that's fucking stupid
only reason i was interested was to play online co op
some games will still give you rewards and skill upgrades like state of decay 2 and dead rising 2.

The combat is awful, the co-op which is a selling point is full of glitches and just generally awful, the world is empty. You have an extremely small carry weight that goes over constantly if you want to pick anything up. The basic survial stuff like a tent food water potions cooking pot etc already uses up almost all your weight. Not like youd want to pick much up anyway though because the loot in chests is randomly generated garbage where you find things in a junk pile that are better than an ornate end of the "dungeon" chest. The dialogue doesnt match the actual text written.

It feels like an early access game completely. The devs played breath of the wild and a couple of other games and said "i want to make a survival game similar to this" thus stripping ideas from all of those but not implementing them in a fun way or even an indepth way.

Tons of mechanics but all super shallow annoying and useless. The game also has the worst "death" system i've ever seen in a video game.

im currently playing
rune+shaman+merc
wearing bird mask, runic armor, master trader boots, light mender codex (no weapon at all yet, i will get the 10% cost reduction sword) and wearing master trader backpack
i went full 10 point mana since ive only got a modest amount of mana cost reduction from this setup, but i move at +35-40% (depending on backpack weight) speed and the merc 40% sprint cost reduction counters having only 50 base stamina nicely

I just kite around using runic traps and shooting lightning. The shaman spells are kind of crap but the passive is good and summon skeleton is also somewhat entertaining. Unfortunately the wind sigil is shit, like all sigils are. The wind weapon buff looks like it would be good for a melee hybrid but im not doing that so i dont know.

One advantage of going pure mana and not falling for the mana reduction set meme is i can do things like equip candle plate armor for high lightning and physical resist, then buff that further with runic protection and bless and effectively get 90% physical and lightning damage reduction, which is far better than having 40-45 more hitpoints but shit armor from the lich set.

With modest mana reduction (book and sword + mage tent is itself 40%) and absorbing souls scattered around (many are pre-placed to facilitate this) you are fine for spamming rune magic. Carry a few mana potions on case you ever run out accidentally and need some to cast the absorb.

The shaman passive however is very good. Im kind of itnerested in perhaps building a very tanky character who goes hunter+monk+shaman, and only take shaman for the passives and ignore the magic entirely. Apparently the shaman passive doubles the disciplin and rage boons, where it only increases the magic-based boons by 50%.

The problem with all low movespeed characters though is their slowness, in the end getting 30+ movespeed seems very important to the games overal enjoyment.

>Why in the fuck doesn't my co op buddy gain skills in my game?
They can buy skills in the same way you buy them, even if they're not the host. But yeah, they won't get quest stuff.

>drop main backpack
>>equip adventurer backpack
so ive bought backpacks,. and they end up in my bag, but once i use them and set them down empty, i havnt figured out how to get them back in the other bag. wat do?

take all twice (once empties it, the second time picks it up

Frogs tried to jump too high

Attached: 1554903796895.jpg (1200x835, 232K)

fuck im bad at this game
all i have is a shitty sword + shield and shield bash and im like 8 hours in

are you reading wiki or finding all this shit yourself?

Attached: jadedoggo.jpg (4000x2245, 1.88M)

>haboob

Attached: 1550549797188.png (940x1200, 1.2M)

in this case, the big world contributes to the survival mechanics. like food, you would need to eat twice as often for it to even be a factor of gameplay if the world was twice as small. and the camping, which can carry risks, wouldnt be required if you were always close to a town

the wiki is very basic, but i have 68 hours so far in the game making new characters and trying different things. Ive only just now on the aformentioned character 'cleared' the starting area. Im about to transition into joining a faction

None of the things i did require much knowledge though, its just running to each town and farming money to buy skills, only the light mender codex im using requires even clearing a dungeon (in the starting area mind you).

Rune sage is easy mode, other magic is sadly shit.

The game is about learning how to cheese its combat. So throw lantern into rune magic or bleed+poison stacking from horror bow. Augment this with traps as needed (you dont really need for rune magic though it just obliterates). Other stuff like the fire axe.

Basically statuses and ranged damage, melee is only good in 1v1 in the game, against multiple enemies you need a way to even the odds, and if you can range or cheese down some of the enemies, you might as well just do that last one too.

I have seen melee builds put out very high damage but thats only really relevent vs a few bosses who are hard to kill, and if you play like a coward you can simply spend a little more time on them with your same old cheesing strategies.

If the gold lich can be burned you can kill it with nothing but lantern throw eventually :^)

>a fucking leaf

i will say i followed the guide to get the 110 capacity backpack early on. This makes things a lot nicer, you carry a cooking pot around with you and a tent and it opens up possibilities of running around and exploring the world more.
Remember camping on the butterflies has no ambushes. (it displays 0 ambush chance so if you see ambush chance your tent is positioned wrong, move it)

Also carry around a plant tent. They are very cheap one time tents (you can use them again but they cant be picked up) but they give you full water and food as well. A good emergency get out of jail card. If you are freezing because you are out in the middle of the night in winter/the desert and cant fix this problem just place one of these down and a camp fire and sleep in it till day.

Get master trader boots they are the best shoes for anyone. only 250 silver from the special merchants, check each town/the one that spawns randomly in the wilds untill you find one.
Helmet and armor depends on your build though. (but i feel bird mask is probably best for everyone, unless you are a stamina heavy build then one of the stamina reduction hats like master trader is probably optimal)

Oh, one last tip. Convert your money into gemstones. Gems, like gold bars, buy and sell at the same cost. Unlike gold bars however they dont have any durability that degrades with time. They also cant be bought in most merchants, only those caravan merchants and occasionally the general traders but its rare. Even the most inefficient gems are still lighter than silver, so always buy them up when ever you get the chance to store wealth long term. If you are in the habbit of banking silver i suppose you could just use gold but i like to have it on me.
A few thousand silver will take up lots of backpack weight and slow down your run speed some.

they will fix it in expansions.. right? ;_;

PSA for everyone complaining about too much walking in the game.
You can enable "fast travel" by enabling the game's debug mode (you can find out how via Google).
I personally just use it to get back to town quicker but it seriously cuts down on time wasted where you just run back to slowly town while being slightly over encumbered because your backpack is full of loot to sell.
Also once you get to the swamp area, harvest those melons and make them into jams and apply them to breads, they give a huge stamina regen and you can basically run through the whole map with just a few seconds of walking in between to regen your stamina back to full.

Is this fun even without friends? I saw the news article about the developer focusing on coop so I didn't really pay it much attention.

coop is a meme

co-op is shit

>username is not available
>have to put a 1 at the end

Attached: 1552337605426.jpg (509x625, 31K)

Waiting for my brother to play

Attached: 20190331082838_1.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

You on PS4?

Neat. I'll give it a go then.

Was in the marshes and literally every dungeon has a wendingo in the opening room

Attached: 259.jpg (313x240, 16K)

>People literally go something that isn't Spear
Why would you INTENTIONALLY choose an inferior weapon?

Attached: 1553376179269.png (500x375, 348K)

SPBP

Jesus fuck I have no idea what I'm doing I'm getting my ass kicked by bandits wherever I go. I finally made my way to the Black Marsh trying to get to Monsoon but now there are dinosaurs and shit everywhere that I do zero damage to.

Do I just run past everything and hope I can get to the other end of thee map?

Attached: 20190411001813_1.jpg (1920x1080, 616K)

This, sometimes you have to travel to a whole other area just to do 1 thing and then come back. made me give up on the game

>Do I just run past everything and hope I can get to the other end of thee map?
it's how I have played so far

Attached: 1482294967567.jpg (676x664, 25K)

scrap all the shitty weapons you find for scrap, make spikes and tripwires

when you have 20x of both, go to Vandeval fort and kill everyone, then sell your scrap to the little slave granny for 5s a pop

with that newfound money, you can buy decent armor (bluesand, ammolite, or halfplate) at jewtown starter, then buy better backpack

hometown innkeeper will give directions to the three other cities after you complete the first quest and say goodbye to other villagers.
i assume other innkeepers just have directions

So there's no reason to go to the black marsh that early? Just go kill bandits, dismantle, and sell scrap metal?

And how do I use traps? The game never really explained how.

dinos and bandits hurt way worse over there, and the monsters start using heavy bleed and heavy poison
So you can go, just be a god gamer or prepare to die a shit ton

Alright thanks. I just headed there because the game told me to, but it looks like this is one of "those" games that kinda just toss you into zones underleveled without telling you.

throw lantern is better than traps. While some bosses you might want to use traps as well, a lantern and a trap is probably better than 5 traps, and for middle of the road hard early on mobs like rock mantises and such the fact that lantern requires no prep work (apart from crafting a few lanterns 2 scrap 1 linen 1 oil) is more convenient.

Because I got Elex and I don't think I can handle more eurojank right now.

>playing Outward, Elex and Risen 3 at the same time
shit's wild

Not worth the price. So far I've played it up until the desert. I got my entire skill set after looking shit up on the wiki. Game's both easy and boring, the only challenge was when you did literally no damage at the start of the game.

If you use a short melee weapon you're basically expected to trade hits unless you shield cheese to circle-strafe or get the counter techniques later on that have long ass CDs.
Reach weapons are easy mode.
Daggers are awful. Backstab does nothing and isn't worth it, stealth is garbage, most of the dagger skills have some interaction with confusion even though literally the only way to set up confusion with a dagger is to weapon switch or use the one mace that has confusion.
Needs way more polish. Enemies not having stamina while you have to deal with stamina isn't good game design. Game is a running simulator.
It's fun with a friend, but most of our sessions are spent pointing out how dumb some shit is. Game has SOUL, but it's still not very good. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to spread basic moves out over the entire map? Some setups don't even become useful until basically the very end of the game, and by that point you've already learned how to win without them so they're pointless.

>melee
doing it wrong

just use rune magic, it removes all hassles, you are free to simply explore the game.

>Game is just a random mishmash of ideas to the point devs have no idea what the fuck they're doing and sell the game as "hard"

Literally the opposite of soul.

I don't have fun using ranged bullshit. If all I cared about is winning I'd just use an extreme bleeding bow build or keep cheesing enemies with my extreme poison weapons.
The only way I've managed to make combat fun right now is to play a gimmicky knockdown build that runs shield slam, kick, sweep, and the Wild Hunter leaping shit. So I just knockdown lock everything while jumping around once every 40 seconds

>pull rusted sword from tallest mountain
>spend like 2k getting components
>reforge the sword
>stats are worse than some blue club I found in a random cave

>I don't have fun using ranged bullshit
Good news then, rune magic is most optimally played by physically casting the rune trap in close range.

>extreme bleeding bow build
weaker than rune magic, more hassle
>extreme poison weapons.
weaker than rune magic, more hassle

Discover the light

it applies pain and chill and synergizes really well with the blue faction quest armor (+frost damage) and infuse frost, and cool.

Its of course not as good as rune magic, but as far as melee goes brand is really good if you have the supporting equipment for it.

Yeah, Brand is pretty awful. Garbage damage and attack speed, the two status effects are meant to make it seem special but they're both the garbage versions of their status effects.
Every legendary weapon, even the daggers, are better than it. Don't really know what they were going for with it, given that it's basically the most difficult weapon in the game to get due to the convoluted nature of fixing it (at least, difficult to get without the wiki).

Perfect strike is useless

I tried rune magic using the ability that gives you an innate tome to cast shit with. It wasn't that fun. Flexible, sure, but honestly just a hassle. Without that ability I couldn't even see myself using it. Fuck looking like a fag running around with a book in his hand

Remember to put DEBUG.txt into your game folder so you can use dev mode options with F1 to F4. Do it in coop so you can get skills when the host does.

Started a few days ago, went with rune magic/shaman/bits of philosopher skills. Combat is ass, but I like that magic takes some prep work as well as that traps are encouraged. Magic makes the combat piss easy though once you have a reliable way to manage mana and resources aren't hard to come by/outright buy. The survival mechanics are half-assed and are nothing more than a nuisance at worst. I joined up with the Holy order faction and it's getting really annoying dragging my ass to one region to do one little thing before having to go all the way back. At this point in the game, I already explored the 4 regions and am doing the faction questline since I have nothing else to aim for.

I'd say its worth a pirate, but most certainly not worth $40.

Guess I'm sticking with runic sword for the rest of the game then.

I think the sheer versatility and power of it makes it worth the hassle though. You've got a trap, a buff, a melee weapon that's pretty good, and a free lantern. Upgraded even more you get a heal, swords with buffs(1h has lighting, 2h has decay), ranged offensive spell, and a trap detonator that does a shit ton of damage. That upgrade also extends the duration of all runic spells. Rune magic is too damn good compared to other magic.

Attached: 1498635573105.jpg (1000x1089, 384K)

>join holy faction
>npc who's having doubts gets cool glowing hands and eyes
>I just die early

Reminder

Attached: Outward - Use Kick.webm (720x480, 2.89M)

games like this would be best off with a morrowind style fast travel system, available with spells and creatures that make sense in universe, and are convenient enough to use, but not really a way of skipping absolutely everything in between you and a quest

>an innate tome to cast shit with
you fucked up
books are stylish
the 15% mana reduction book is even best

Sometimes it's like that. Remember The Equalizer from Baldur's Gate 2?

No one ever had any problem with teleport stones or some kind of "taxis" between towns. It's free fast travel anywhere anytime that's cancer.

It looks really interesting, what's it like on PS4? I'm thinking of grabbing it but I don't reckon it's worth the $60 (AUD) price tag and afraid it'll get boring quickly.

>Marathoner
>Endurance Potion
>Drink Water
>run for days
Knowing that there is a way to actually get infinite stamina for a time, is there a way to get infinite hp/mana even if temporary?

Can i make traps and make my way to victory only using them?

if you want

The base game is serviceable, they just need to fix the quests for co-op and open it up to mods. I could see this game reaching morrowind levels of comfy with the right mods.

>get beat down by Gold Lich early in the game
>come back better prepared and beat his ass down
Feels good

Attached: Outward - Vengeance.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

Does the endurance potion give a stamina regen buff? If not use food that give stamina regen and maybe wear some -stamina cost gear.

yes but it would be slow and tedious

Shame about the shitty combat. Decent game otherwise.

Does this have online co-op on PS4? I want to play this with my best friend but hes a console only fag.

Endurance potion gives me Stamina Recovery buff

10 hours in, this game feels like an early access game
Alright concept in a number of ways, shit execution, everything feels unfinished and empty. Feels like they took a bunch of concepts they thought were interesting and mashed them together without really putting any depth into any of them

Nice.

Well said. I think the combat reminds me of what Kingdom Death : Monster combat would be if it was a videogame.

There are at least two (optional) things in the game that traps would not be ideal for, but otherwise they're quite powerful.

>Rage, 500 second cooldown
>all skills associated with rage have long ass cooldowns which mean they can only be used once per fight
>Discipline, two abilities, 500 sec and 200 sec cd
>abilities have better cooldown and more uses than Rage abilities

That disparity aside, skills that rely on these boons feel fucking worthless. There's very few areas in the game where this boon gets the full duration's benefit and the abilities feel barely impactful. Why the fuck couldn't they make some kind of armour set that applies the boons to you under certain conditions, so you can actually have some kind of consistency? It feels so fucking dumb to have three of my eight slots dedicated to shit I can barely use and never get any real value out of

use rage potion my guy

you can make potions that apply them
they still suck though*

the disciplin passive that adds armor resistance can be used ot make you super tanky but all tank builds are stupid in this game since they make you move slower than if you just wore +movement speed items and evaded damage.

the games balance is shit, there are a few easy mode playstyles and a bunch of neat sounding stuff that doesnt execute well at all.

If you're in the Marsh the Marshmelon Jelly/Tartines are Stamina Recovery 5 instead of 3 that the Endurance potion gives. No idea what else gives that much stamina recovery.

also rage is bad since it just ends your ability to flinchlock sooner
actually a detramental boon in my experience
maybe its possible to just floor people in a single hit with it and hammers or something, but unless every hit is capable of knocking down you are best off kicking and then using the lightest impact weapon possible to spam a flinch locked combo

You can just eat fucking deer jerky to get boon.

Yeah, I know about the potions. But it still doesn't feel like a decent mechanic. At absolute best, a potion basically translates to, maybe, a leap and boon expender per fight and that's not even remotely worth it.
All I want is an armour set that gives me a rage boon whenever I do a certain amount of damage/knock something down enough times, or a displine boon whenever I block enough damage or something.

Boullion from predator bones gives even more, and desert ostritch dish even more.

I don't really need to flinchlock shit since my build can reliably land three knockdowns in succession without any response from most enemies. I just want to actually be able to use a third of my skills without needing to do hunting deer.

That doesn't make it okay. Needing to kill an alpha deer every time I want to use two abilities that do basically nothing is retarded.

and then you will find out the game really wants melee characters to take mana and shaman for wind infuse because it adds .2 to weapon speed and you say fuck it and play either a pure mage or a bow user

melee is shit friend, only for fedora wearing spellsword hybrid assholes who enjoy the 'choice' of 10 different levels of mana activation so they can get level 2 or 4 or 7 and feel like they have done something meaningful and significant.

no mana archer or full mana mage. These are the playstyles i approve, the rest are shit because they can not be properly optimized.

>I just want to actually be able to use a third of my skills without needing to do hunting deer.
omg so entitled

Nope, but a friend of mine is very interested and tried shilling me on it. Is the survival aspect intrusive like in Rust, ARK, and others?

this is not a tree punching game
its like fallout new vegas on its hard difficulty setting, you need to eat drink and sleep sometimes. Also you need climate appropriate clothing or lots of potions and magic to not slowly freeze/bake to death in some locations.

I'm guessing those are both desert food. I'm about to move there so that's good to know. Thanks.

Green tartines are best long term cos you can get steady supply.

>quest gear.
for what just explore and survive you tossers

cuz halbreds betta

What's wrong with having mana and using it as a melee character? I'm running with a monk/hunter/shaman and mana usage isn't even that intrusive since I can easily get mana potions and mana regen food. All the buffing is done before fights so you don't even need to waste a quickslot on them.

its too centrist, only pure mage and pure physical characters have the moral integrity to defeat the globalists user

Only third worlders play this game and the only thing they complain about is problems that were fixed patches ago. Str8 thrill shread

>patches ago
Name one patch

That sounds neat as hell, thanks.

Wait, does it not just restore stamina instantly?

was having fun until i started moving outside Chersonese, way too much walking around in this game.

Eat bone broth, gotta go fast. Don't realy see the problem. 2 min to cross the whole map.

I need help.

So, I just pirated and gave it a short spin and the combat is... fucking horrendeous. It's basically impossible to tie attacks to each other. There are absurd delayes between dodges and the ability to attack again, the character straight up ignores like 1/3 of the input, often for absolutely no reason (even the dodge command often gets acknowledged like every other time or less).
Is this a problem of my playing the pirated version, is this intention and I'm just missing something, or is it just THIS clumsy by design? How fucking bad it is it if the combat feels hair-tearingly awkwad? Can you avoid it? Improve things with leveling up? A way to avoid combat or learn different combat systems?
I really don't want to assume the game is just straight up bad, but the combat tutorial demo is way to frustrating as it.

is that Calradia?

Attached: Map_of_Calradia.jpg (2000x1520, 711K)

Do vendors have enough money for you to sell your stuff or is it like Skyrim or Witcher 3 where you have to hop from merchant to merchant to convert all those goods in hard earned shekels?

Combat is shit by shitty design.

Input maybe because you use FitGirl 1.1, that is fucked for me too. Original scene release works fine.

I am. Fuck winter. Finally started and finished getting the blue sand armor and I'm stuck with fucking fur armor because it's too fucking cold. Even campfires aren't enough without a full set.

Everything is so cheap that you dont need to hop, unless you are selling unique end game items.

>Combat animation ripped directly from fucking Oblivion
Bitch please, the combat between outward and oblivion isn't even the same since oblivion is a first person rpg with poor third person, why exaggerate.

Looks like Dragon's Dogma, only with shit tier combat.

Can't you just tea with berry sammiches?

This is why we need steam to win the ebin war.
You can atleast refund the game on there

They only last a few minutes. I don't have nearly enough.

>having numbers in your name
I would just try to come up with something else.

You have to live with it, it's not that bad once you get used to it. It annoyed me at first because you can't cancel your moves with a skill so I can't pull off a spear thrust ~ simeon's gambit combo, but it made for a more challenging combat with how you have to commit to every attack.

You can alleviate the problem by using weapons with fast attack speeds and using Wind Infusion (Shaman Skill Tree) to get faster attack speeds.

>Input maybe because you use FitGirl 1.1,
I'm not, I use the original scene release.
This seems beyond "crappy by design", this seems straigt up broken. Clearly the game expects you to do to create opening then attack it immediately: but the fucking character will dodge only one ouf of three times I'll tell him, and NEVER attack right after a dodge, there is WELL over a second delay before an attack becomes avilable after dodge. And it's not an issue of animation either, because the dodge animation is OVER. It takes well over a second since the dodge animation ENDS to unlock another combat move.

So it's how the game is supposed to work, and the combat is ballanced around it in the actual game. Because in the tutorial, it fees like it expects some degree of movement and combat flow, but there sure as fuck isn't any possible.
Also the info is contradictory. They claim dodge moves use up a lot of Stamina? They don't. Literally zero, nada, nothing. They just make you unable to attack for prolonged period after the dodge is performed.

>Whats wrong with it?
>Its bad
Okay, can you actually answer though?

does yours not work like?

Nice.

Ok, thanks.

Controller or mkb?

Not nearly as fluently. I can see the player avoids going into attacks after dodge, he always dodges away from enemy and then runs back in, so that might be the trick? I automatically assumed that the dodge is to used to create openings (dodge through the attack but end up close enough to follow up with an attack, but that seems to have been mistaken expectations).
Obviously the tutorial character moves like half the speed but that is understandable, I guess.

Other than fighting them against a wall, is there some way to make enemies stop flying back a retarded distance whenever I knock them down? By the time I can even reach them they're already standing up

Post the tits character from Holy faction

>I automatically assumed that the dodge is to used to create openings
It doesn't work like that in this game. The dodge is too slow. Most of the time you're actually better off blocking their attacks and poking after their combo ends. Them do your combos when the white bar below their hp is near half so they stagger and won't be able to hit back.

Don't think so. It sucks so much that it might even be better to not knock them down.

>The dodge is too slow
The dodge is well fast enough and actually allows you to do neat little jumps that slip just by the enemy so that you end up on behind him or on his side and have a perfect attack opening. It's the recovery time which really feels weird because it has no visual indication (your character looks perfectly ready to continue the attack) that is the problem.
I guess it's a visual communication issue, more than anything else. It feels like something that is supposed to be used for opening, but there is an invisible barrier preventing it.

Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever done a dodge then attack in this game. It's always blocking their attacks or using spacing.

I'll try to give it another chance, armed with this knowledge. But it does feel fucking awkward. The system really feels like using dodge to gain angle and opening is what it was designed in mind with.

Yea, I just sprint around the attack then smack them, dodge have delay so you can't "dark souls" it.

The movement feels slow and clunky. There is very little in the way of attack variation. Gamepad controls are horrible. Simple things like not being able to attack or roll while holding block, requiring you to release block first. I'm not expecting Sekiro or DMC from this game, but something on the level of Demon's Souls or Kingdom Come would've been nice.

PSA for anyone doing a co-op run with a buddy, there is a sort of small bug which will prevent you from joining your friend's open game if your pocket and bag are overweight. On your friend's game it will say you load in, but you will be stuck on "positioning players". Took me forever to figure out because I had been hosting our games up until this point, so I feared it may have been some obnoxious issue like firewalls or port forwarding, but it turned out I was just carrying too much stuff (I was about 10 pounds overweight in bag and 1 pound in pocket).

Who else here has a sense of fashion?

Attached: 20190409065013_1.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

>YIKES

imagine investing time into this pile of dirt

Attached: 2019-04-11 11_30_31-Outward Review - YouTube.jpg (1313x696, 440K)

>no mana
based

This faggot killed me like six times, mainly from that fucking bullwt spear he throws at you once caught casting a spell. The trick is to stay in melee distance making him try to hit you with his staff and do lightning pound. Killed him with magic trap kamakazies. The armor looks worse than Jade Lich robes but it has more mana reduction.

How can you have fashion when most armor sets look like complete garbage?

By picking an armor set that looks GOOD.

Attached: 20190411115035_1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

>d'Artagnan in ugly dress
>good

>ugly dress
>good
Why didn't these frogs make actual armor? This shit looks repulsive.

based quickslots, rocking the same with my lancer

about to head off to the marsh
gonna hit up forest immaculate first though since he will become hostile once i join holy meme faction

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 697K)

Fuck Ejaculates and fuck Scourge.

Picked up the game today. Got my writ earlier and now just got done clearing out that first bandit camp. I was not expecting the leader to be where he was and was totally expecting to go into the buildings there. Mushroom Halberd is a Godsend. Anyway, besides what's already been covered in the thread, there any big tips to know or things that are "don't miss"-tier?

nice ps3 graphics

based

Is there any kind of modding support?

I'm seeing a lot of people complain about balance and half-assed design and I'm wondering if there's room for the community to fix that shit Elder Scrolls style or can we expect the developers themselves to keep working on it? The game looks really neat on paper but for now I've been staying away because of all the complaints I see.

Can I play some sort of alchemist? As in using alchemy as my weapon. Too few games have this. 99% of the time it seems to be used only for healing and buffing.

Make sure to head straight back to Cierzo after you join a faction.

There's already a nexus page for it. I think I read that the developers have no plans on releasing an actual modtool for it though.

I'm going to have a month between jobs soon, maybe I'll pick it up then
I heard someone talking about a gunwizard build and that sounds pretty interesting

Not from devs, but that didn't stop people from modding it already.
If you mean throwing flasks and beakers then no. You can, with a degree of success i am not sure about, craft and throw lanerns (or use spellthrower "spell")

nexusmods.com/outward/

*lanterns *flamethrower
fml

guys

so wait

GUYS

I just realized you can stick Peacmaker Elixers into the leagacy chests

I'm gonna be passing down all of them through legacy onto a 4th generation so that they get 4 Elixers

Anyone else try this yet?

if with 1 you become demi-god, then with 4... Twice-God!

>If you mean throwing flasks and beakers then no.
Fuck. I saw traps and stuff so I thought maybe just maybe.
>You can, with a degree of success i am not sure about, craft and throw lanterns
I assume this works a bit like a molotov?
>(or use flamethrower "spell")
This sounds a bit interesting.

Elatt help us all

I wish I could see how much the potion boosted everything so I know the GAINS

Holy fuck the manticore in the forest is more aggressive than the one in DDDA

I know you wanna be a badass plague doctor, but I had more luck crafting a pyromancer

I ran into the Royal before I saw any other one

I was like why the fuck are these things so beefy

any chicken warriors out there?

im assuming the royal one is the one with white hair? he's really fucking up my shit so bad

yes! And its super fast

No jump? Seriously?

tips? sidestepping left i know is one, most of his hits seems to whiff in close range if i keep moving left, but his bites are instantaneous and there's no tell if he'll bite or not and his mouth has a really fucked up hitbox when compared to his tail

Yea, this game is a joke. No swim either.

I cheesed my way through with iron spike traps and arrows

there was no chance I was taking that thing on 1v1, I'd rather fight the 2 Lichs

Anyone know how to glitch their way into Old Levant? There is some terrain climbing one can do, or so I am told.

yeah alright i'm crafting an obsidian pistol and will shoot this fucker in the mouth, going to max out my merc class before i take him down

death by magic bullet

maybe you can nail him from far enough away to where he doesnt immediately aggro

Pirated it the other day. I'm enjoying the mechanics but I wish the world was more interesting, or at least the environments didn't look like something out if a 10 year old MMO.

Generic _totally_not_europe_ fantasy map #1001

>watch reviews for it
>look into it a bit
>looks great and sounds like an rpg i'd love to play
>still not sure if it's worth it, kind of get this vibe that it's a poor mans DF, MW, NW, Gothic etc
So no.

>Monsoon is to the east of Berg
>Levant is to the southeast of Monsoon
But in the game, Monsoon is to the direct north of Berg.

Attached: 1501161617280.jpg (686x576, 37K)

Imagine one massive map without any load times in between the zones. Now THAT would make the survival aspects fit. There'd be a need for mounts or something, though.

that map should be turned 90 degrees counter clockwise

what's your favorite soundtrack in the game?

Hallowed Marsh Nighttime is the best

figured it was one of those """hardcore""" games with "carry a stack of items to refill your thirst/hunger" mechanics and combat that's difficult because "you don't have special powers" which is gamerspeak for "designed like shit"

Hoisted the black flag, played it for a bit, was proven right, deleted it. Saved the money.

>you have to follow stamina rules, enemies don't
>when you knock down an enemy, they fly back half a continent so you can't follow up; when they knock you down, they get off two full combos and you die
Yeah okay

Entire experience would be very different if they took another month to actually make the melee combat not complete dogshit.
>more often than not end up trade hitting because they didn't think to add a poise system in the entire time developing the game
>movements are so slow that shield is utterly useless besides tanking in co-op as you will always be hit if you slash someone and try to block afterwards
It made what would have been a decent two worlds clone into a dogshit game with lazy survival elements.

Joe much mana did you guys pick up early?
I recently started my first playthrough and have 80 mana/80hp/80stam.

It's a fun game and really scratches an itch if you want proper comfy adventuring, but it's very clunky and seems like there's 50% of the game missing.

No swimming(first thing I tried to do is swim to the sunken ship), a lot of invisible walls where they're not even needed, some places that look nice to explore are actually unexplorable, no vertical exploration since you can't even jump, NPCs are placeholders, story is mediocre etc. Gonna dump some webms that I made, not worth the current price but worth a pirate if youre into adventure sim

Attached: manticore.webm (800x450, 1.8M)

60 even though I actually wanted 50. I don't use offensive magic in any games, only defensive. With that being said, 60 mana is enough for a ton of Mana Ward (invulnerability) casts.

i go full mana because 100% mana reduction is a newbie trap

That's fine, but the thing is after you get some good gear you can make it so your mana cost is -100%, which means mana becomes useless since you can cast spells for free.
It doesn't matter since there's no reason to min/max, and that 80 mana is gonna be useful until you get to that point anyway

Attached: dino.webm (1024x576, 2.12M)

Any Outwarders here, any Outwarders.

Attached: 1552633299889.jpg (539x558, 90K)

Attached: melee-disc.webm (1024x576, 2.94M)

Attached: wendigo.webm (1024x576, 2.97M)

this makes me want to record some gameplay

Supposedly souls combat, bunt in reality the only way to fight is to get better armor and tanks hits while wailing at the enemy like any auto-target mmo.

I'm mad there's no fireball spell

yeah, you can throw down a fire sigil and throw a 'fireball' spark like 30 feet every 4 seconds

yeah, you can imbue your melee with fire and do the elemental discharge

but I want my badass wizard to just run around throwing fireballs. seems like electricity is the only one you can do that with

Then play a better game.

That's how the greataxe is designed to play in this game. High impact stats on the weapons to knock down enemies continuously with their "heavy" attacks being full of two hit or three combos. It's a "kill or be killed" weapon.

You can't tank hits even with heavy armour, it only lets you take a few ,more hits, just look at the webms where I get hit twice and am almost dead with heavy armour. If they spent a few more months solely polishing the combat it would have been fine, but currently it's very clunky. Some weapons are much better than others, and you need to learn how to use every weapon individually as well as learn enemy patterns in order to play melee properly, otherwise you end up trade hitting and it becomes a chore.

I made all those webms to prove melee is viable because everyone was shitting on it when the game came out

I will buy it if they
>fix the myriad of bugs
>make the melee combat feel less jank
>don't charge 40$

So probably never

Based boon activated

unironically asking for suggestions outside Elder Scrolls

Attached: 297b45ffce6975be2eb58d86edb1d05c79bc000f6bf940544a6c5bd8b49662cc.png (260x265, 69K)

No because i'm busy with other games, this looks like it'll be a big time sinker which i'm okay with but already in the middle of a handful of other SP games.

Game looks absolutely godlike

installing rn what is more fun? melee or magic?

by far magic, nothing like blasting motherfuckers with spells

plus healing spell

that being said you wont be casting anything useful for the first 8 hours if you choose this way

you'll experience both anyway you need a shit ton of cash to make magic work. skills are expensive as fuck in this game

"i looked up how to cheese money on the wiki and bought everything immediately, now im bored :("

>bunt in reality the only way to fight is to get better armor and tanks hits while wailing at the enemy like any auto-target mmo.
>videos of men using the parry ability
>video of man fighting a wendigo being hit 2x while rolling around and sidestepping
>lol just tank attacks
Dude what? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Gun

parry ability is broken, you are still vulnerable during the follow up and monster does not give a shit about parry (you just negated 1 attack) and smashes you with second attack of the combo while you cant do anything because you are locked into animation
>being hit 2x while rolling around and sidestepping
yea, no point in rolling or sidestepping cos you still gonna get hit anyway, better smack the enemy for net equal

>souls combat
Which is a disgusting garbage for casual retards.

And outside dark souls I would imagine? SWTOR is actually neat RPG mascarading as online game.

Pinnacle if combat systems far superior to anything ever made before or after.

Dragon's Dogma

Yeah, can't wait to press x for my character to autoaim at the enemy, autostep forward and execute scripted attack animation that locks any further controls so I can lean back and enjoy how much of a pro I am!

Dork Souls combat is good but inferior to Mountain Blade

Good thing literally nothing I said even remotely implies that you pissbaby. Debunk any of the criticism I gave
The only thing I looked up on the wiki were the skills you could get since they spread them all over the game. I can guarantee I wouldn't be any less bored if I didn't know what skills existed. I'd just be even more annoyed at whichever dickhead spread the skills out like that

Did the unique encounters thing work out in the end? Sounded really tedious when they described it.

You are cultured man too, as I can see.

Attached: attractive man with cigar and wine.png (412x263, 88K)

>manually swinging your sword makes a game more fun
It makes you look like a complete spastic you fedora-toting HEMAtards

>i want the game to play itself while I watch
go to youtube fucking retard

It's kind of amusing how modern braindead consoleshitters find the idea of actually controlling your character yourself repulsive.

I saw ads for it on Youtube. It looked awful so I'm not interested in it.

I doubt you hate Souls combat, I know you're shitting on the Soul babies with this comment and I think that's great. People are retards and think every game has to have "souls" combat, which is simple in it of itself. You can't make good combat yet, every game just involves waiting for a moment to strike and whether or not you have a stamina gauge is what determines "good" combat nowadays thanks to Dorky Souls.

>seeing ads
>2019
Jesus fuck, granny. Do you even computers?

Got back to QTE, casul.

Crescent Greataxe is great, get it ASAP. The heavy attack is a 1-2 that stuns most shits.

>How can I go from playing games like DMC5, Sekiro, and MGR to Outward?
I did just that and i'm fine. Enjoying the dungeons.

Attached: 1509819623750.gif (363x489, 762K)

>brainlets can't think up a new name
I will never understand people like this.

Attached: 1513088941800.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

Wanted to buy it to play it with my sister but apparently only the host player gets any progress which is massively retarded, oh well

Your version of reality must be completely different than mine then. I rarely get hit.

You probably can't. I played CK2, Stellaris, Kenshi, Sekiro, Risky Rain 2, DMC5 and RE2 to name a few these past few months and I'm enjoying Outward fine.

Just finished Outward and trying out ELEX now. Combat is even jankier and the dialogues are funny and the Piranha Bytes world is still there. Also the piss sound is really loud for some reason.

Attached: BA11DC66-7E5F-4A83-86D8-7F852EDEF71F.gif (200x118, 749K)

are you me ?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.04.08 - 22.17.16.31.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

>american journalists
>able to appreciate non-AAA's

Attached: 1414541565703.png (646x460, 361K)

Do enemies use guns too?