Soul calibur 6 thread

Soul calibur 6 thread
Im a nightmare main

Attached: wp3756504 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegala.com/soulcalibur-vi-crackerjack-on-sale
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619160956
cascards.ajewelofrarity.com/post/list/2
deviantart.com/mahoganytooth/art/SC2-Music-Mod-Looped-773691276
deviantart.com/mahoganytooth/art/SC3-Music-Mod-772448109
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: SC Unga Bunga.jpg (1024x683, 172K)

>Nightmare
I wish he wasn't so filthy. I'd main him but having access to SC moves at any time is fucked up levels of OP. Especially since you have just explode yourself to trigger it.

Attached: 52733.jpg (350x231, 21K)

Play and love love LOVE Amy, Lili, and Marie!!!!

Attached: 1550461429375.png (738x980, 258K)

Attached: 3.jpg (2758x1822, 481K)

Attached: 1513398900264-1.jpg (442x500, 8K)

i don't like sc6

i still play sc2 all the time. still got the gamecube arcade stick too. bought one of those hdmi adapters for my cube and now im boolin

Attached: gc_soul_calibur_ii_arcade_stick_hori.jpg (750x537, 231K)

>kilik was good
>got pretty much nothing but buffs since launch anyway
run from my soul charge now, faggots. Cassandra announcement at evo soon.

Attached: pepe 420.png (230x230, 74K)

lol no, Nightmare is possibly the most exploitable character in the game. Lows absolutely wreck his anus. Sigfried is a different story

I don't care, Siegfried is much more honest. Terror Charge is fucked up as hell. Full stop.

>astaroth player
>tfw nobody knows how to play against you

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 49K)

Setsuka when?

siegfried doesn't have blatant weaknesses like Nightmare, if you're still crying about nightmare especially after the nerfs, you have to stop scrubbing

I'm not complaining. I just can't play him without feeling like a scumbag because Terror Charge is fucking stupid.

go play Tekken 7 or guilty gear you faggot

They better announce her soon and season 2 for evo with Setsuka and Hilde as the first 2 releases

doubt they'll do 2 females first since season 1 is all women

I play Rev 2. Tekken sucks

Maybe Lizard Man and Setsuka then.

been my guy since 2 and no stopping

Attached: 20181030175719_1.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

Nice custom, user. Looks like a proper 2P.

i just liked his SC2 outfit and tried to recreate it as best as i could

Attached: cerv-sc2fix.jpg (429x623, 125K)

is there any one character considered the best at the moment?

PC version is on sale for $20 for the next 4.5 hours!
indiegala.com/soulcalibur-vi-crackerjack-on-sale

Attached: IvyBeingAnnoyingAgain.jpg (800x670, 273K)

Every character in this game has their own cheap stuff, that's what happens when you have a game with actual character variety. Fortunately it's really well balanced if you go by tournament results.

I also play GG because it has character variety.

Tekken...

I want to marry this dumb chinese ho!!!!

Attached: 42738690_2210566952522623_8402686381127701183_n.jpg (480x480, 48K)

When can this game get proper lobby support? Why does Bamco have trash lobbies for both T7 and SC6 when there's now prime examples to look at on how to do a good lobby system for fighting games.

>This item is not available in North America
Well that's a deal breaker. Was going to buy an extra copy in case a friend wanted it.

I love Seong Mi-Na!

Attached: Seungmina-sc1-artwork.jpg (450x800, 73K)

>Getting outpaced in player entry numbers by TWO games that arent even out yet for Evo
What a pathetic franchise lmao. Even Bamco doesnt give a shit about this series. Poor man's tekken.

Fuck really? They were listing the price in $ so I assumed it was a deal for murka.

Got this game yesterday, it's a great time.
Libra of Soul is a pretty cool evolution of the Weapon Master concept, the economy aspect is pretty well done and the dialogue isn't bad.
I do wish it had the dungeon-crawling aspect of Weapon Master though.

What about BlazBlue?
I like Tekken as well, friend!

just like her mom

Attached: laughing kinzo.jpg (419x489, 43K)

I'm in USA and I bought it through that sale.
Dunno what the problem is with that link but I'd recommend investigating it more closely.

Yeah I'm in Canada and it let me get all the way to the paypal confirmation page so I assume there wouldn't be an issue if I'd gone all the way

>charging people for a shitty clone of a character thats already in the game
>Instead of putting in characters that are actually interesting and missed like hilde, hwang, or setsuka
And thats when I decided to drop this shitshow.

Get in line.

Attached: 1554837644807.png (476x600, 382K)

Lizardman is so cute when he lays ko'ed on his back. I would totally suck him off.

>amy
>clone
only (you) you'll get

any pc bros still play this?

computer incompetent
how to fix 0xc000007b? Didnt used to have this problem

I'm in Canada too, but when I went to put it in my cart, it said in the notes that the game is not available in north america. As in I can buy it, but I'm guessing if I went to redeem the code I wouldn't be able to use it since I'm using a north american account.

The point is no one except shit taste waifu fags like you give a shit about Amy. Shes a waste.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that anywhere.

So does the game work for you user?

I do play Tekken, I absolutely prefer SC's gameplay over Tekken in general though. Buff dudes with big ass swords >>>>>>>> spastic KBD and juggles. And I don't have time to play non-Evo games, but I'll try to get back to Xrd soon.

Yeah I've put 4 hours into the game, no issues.

Says it at the bottom when you try to add it to your cart

Attached: ss+(2019-04-10+at+08.50.37).png (948x371, 25K)

So has anybody used the tool that lets you import/export CaS characters as PNG images with extra embedded data?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619160956

Apparently there's a booru of CaS pictures you can import
cascards.ajewelofrarity.com/post/list/2

Pic would be related, but Yea Forums strips out extra metadata.

Attached: 1528746997566.png (256x384, 151K)

Oh yeah, I actually do see it, I didn't scroll down far enough.

But that other user seems to be playing it fine

AEON WHEN?

Also why is the DLC taking so damn long? Also do you think the rumor of Season 2 DLC is true?

Attached: thick.jpg (1920x1080, 526K)

STOP

Ivy is for hugs, not fugs

Attached: 1543002991423.jpg (3300x3508, 3.07M)

Amy is actually quite interesting

Did they add quickplay to non ranked yet?

fuck off lizardfags

Attached: 20181022192313_1.jpg (1920x1080, 391K)

>shoes
ew

No, but they added infinite rematches to ranked.

Don't worry about it, ranked isn't very serious.

season 2 better add an option to disable searching for clown suit faggots in ranked

Eh, I think the hand-wringing over CaS in ranked is overblown. Most people outside the babby ranks don't use custom hitbox CaS, and it's not like playing online is very serious in the first place.

Attached: 1529087926929.webm (370x594, 478K)

I want a new character in S2 once we've gotten Hilde, setsuka, and some gook sword guy. We haven't had any new SC-original waifus

im doing amy right now but i cannot seem to find the groove with her

something does not feel right about this character :(

amy seems difficult to play, gotta juggle two different roses plus multiple parry stances

Like what? I don't think she's particularly lacking in any area, except maybe below-average range, and damage when she has no roses.

Since the PS goddamn 1

Attached: Taki smug.gif (145x170, 163K)

She's definitely one of the bigger-brain characters

I'm thinkin some Amy nerfs are on the way lads

Attached: 1549413806438.png (1280x720, 1.36M)

post CaS

Attached: 1531935163975.webm (852x480, 2.8M)

So is it finished yet?

if you cant use Amy you're fucking stupid as hell lmfao

6K 236KB

WR BB

3B 4B

6K 236B[B] AB

shes fucken braindead

There's a pretty fair amount of content. But if you don't consider it finished until they've stopped releasing DLC then it won't be finished for at least a year since season 2 got leaked

Attached: 1526429343086.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

If SC6 had that board game thing that 3 had I'd buy it.

Attached: 64576234554323234.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

Attached: 1537408710374.png (841x662, 1.23M)

warning, forbidden image

Attached: 1527111264891.jpg (2048x1152, 274K)

I mean it launched with less than SC2, and the create-a-character has a fraction of what SC3 had at launch too, even before you unlocked anything. Its just anemic, and yes I don't consider it done until they're done asking for more money. Locking CAC parts beyond the tiny, tiny handful it has behind paid DLC is beyond the fucking pale.

>pail*

Any changes to Talim in the latest patch?

Attached: 57755757557453453.jpg (498x891, 84K)

Is the game still alive on ps4 at a low level or is it all good players left now?

>I mean it launched with less than SC2
Eh I dunno. It's got less characters, but SC2's roster was bloated with clones. No 2P costumes, but there's character creation. No team battle or survival, but there's online. I give the slight nod to SC6 in singleplayer, and gameplay too.

As for SC3, yeah, almost no fighters ever made can compete with that in terms of sheer content. Unfortunately they sacrificed QA for all that content and it ended up the jankiest game in the series as a trade-off.

> and yes I don't consider it done until they're done asking for more money
There must be precious few fighting games this gen you play. Generally companies don't stop releasing DLC until the game is dead.

Her WR B is +10 on hit, which is nice I guess. Her SC 66B now can't be ducked and stuns on hit, which makes it one of her best SC moves.

Unfortunately the system changes as a whole (nerfed RE and nerfed throws) weren't good for her. She's still totally viable though.

>Pic would be related, but Yea Forums strips out extra metadata.
fucking moot

It would be so amazing if we could share CaS chars right here like we used to with artificial academy characters.

No, it's kind of hard to judge because guard crush got way better but lots of characters could potentially capitalize on this.

SC3 got patched on arcades and was fine, they just for whatever reason never released that version for home consoles. It would have definitely been patched post-release if that had been a thing in 2005.

You're right, I don't buy shit because its literally hundreds of dollars to get everything that used to be in the base game. I'm not fucking paying for that.

I pirated SC6 to see if it would run, and while the core gameplay is adequate enough I see absolutely zero reason to pay money for it both because it has Denuvo and because I know they're going to release $100+ worth of shit for it over the next year or more. I think more casual players would be more willing to buy fighting games up if they weren't essentially just platforms for post-release paid content now, its fucking absurd even by today's standards. Like why would anyone want a fighting game when they're effectively $200 and have a high barrier to entry (not that this part should change) I dpn't think it'd be a genre on the decline if publishers didn't go full-on with fucking DLC.

The way these sites work is through sales of keys. They ran out of US keys.

SCVI just doesn't sit well with me. The reverse edge bullshit is annoying and I don't that the super move shit. Game feels empty and casualized compared to ealier titles. The only saving grace is the meme character creation. Pic related. R8

Attached: Screenshot (101).png (1920x1080, 3.63M)

Fantastic

To add, I'm seeing people talk about
>season 2 content
Fuck off with this shit too, this isn't a fucking television show, its not a fucking service, stop treating this shit like its platform for your fucking paid DLC, I'm so fucking sick of this shit.

No

Even in 1.0 there wasn't really ONE character because Ivy and Azwel were both sharing the top tier. All the patches after that have had all the characters in a big blob on the tier list, I don't think there's a difference of more than one tier between the best character and the worst one

I like Azwel.

I haven't played in like a month because of other games like DMC5 and Sekiro. I feel like because I left off the game for that long while in such a high rank i'm going to get blown the fuck up.

Attached: Dw7pgUvU8AEjZNv.jpg (616x616, 81K)

And even the CAC is lacking compared to past titles, especially SC3. Sure you can do more with extra bits and move them around and resize them but the actual clothing and armor selection is beyond anemic, and why the FUCK are characters locked into a single moveset?

That doesn't even sound like a game problem, sounds like a literal hardware problem on your end.

I'm not sure that checks out, I don't think they'd put a counter up for # of keys left if the keys were separated by region.

Metadata has been blocked ever since iPhones started literally encoding GPS information with pictures, so people's houses started being transmitted through pics. It's a good thing.

This game doesn't feel whole for sone reason.

So you're saying we'd be able to share characters AND dumb phoneposters would dox themselves? That sounds fucking great

Attached: 1554509425134.png (250x219, 47K)

Darn. Laptop is getting old anyway. Everything used to work fine, then it didnt want to start one day, so I Refreshed it and then stuff stopped working. I also tried factory reset, but ive installed all the drivers back, and stuff still doesn't want to work, so it probably is hardware.
F

Because only the dumbest casual wants players to be able to choose the moves for created characters to then be played online.

It's like how the infinite rocket launcher was allowed online for RE5, it meant that more than 9 out of 10 games you'd be paired with someone who doesn't really want to play the game.

How do you even plan this?

Dead game, post your creations.

Attached: 20190410190504_1.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

A T H E N S

Attached: sophitia ss 3444234.png (578x800, 360K)

Attached: 20190410192026_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

The Guardian from Samurai Jack

Attached: 20190410190437_1.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

>Game feels empty and casualized compared to ealier titles.
Nah. It's got the best balance in the series, the most unique characters, most of the characters are more fun to use than in any other iteration, bigger viable move pools, and lethal hits are amazing. Only real downside gameplay-wise as far as I'm concerned is that the animations for RE and CE take too long to play out.

Rando from LISA

Attached: 20190410190059_1.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

yeah you'll get btfo for like ~10 matches. A mere month off isn't really enough to truly forget stuff.

Brad Armstrong

Attached: 20190410190109_1.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

This ended up being so disappointing.

>SC3 got patched on arcades and was fine, they just for whatever reason never released that version for home consoles. It would have definitely been patched post-release if that had been a thing in 2005.
That's a nice woulda-coulda-shoula, but we never actually got to play that version. If we're speaking in hypotheticals, the reason SC3 was able to have so much content was because, not only did they skimp on QA, they also
1) only made it for one platform, and
2) they were building off a previous game in the same generation

Unless you actually like playing fighting games, in which case it's the best SC.

why did nobody tell me these existed

deviantart.com/mahoganytooth/art/SC2-Music-Mod-Looped-773691276
deviantart.com/mahoganytooth/art/SC3-Music-Mod-772448109

>Because only the dumbest casual
So, 95% of the people who bought (or would have bought) the game?

I mean they literally fixed it, they just didn't re-release the game on PS2 with the fix. I don't think that has anything to do with sacrificing quality, games just shipped with bugs and shit and couldn't be patched. SC3 probably shipped in a better state than most modern games since everything gets a day-one patch now.

Did Taki or Geralt get any buffs?

taki did, geralt didn't need any buffs. He either stayed the same or got small nerfs

>lows absolutely wreck him
Did you know in Soul Calibur there is a function every character can do called blocking? You can even block lows, too.

fucking retard

did you know several of nightmare's attack strings rely on highs, as well as having high start up frames that are balanced around his gimmick which is canceled by lows, including his critical edge?

I don't see why we should care about a fixed version nobody got to play when doing our comparison.

>I don't think that has anything to do with sacrificing quality
It does. Balance and bugfixes take time and resources that could otherwise be spent on adding MOAR STUFF. A good example here being SC3's CaS-only movesets, which were completely jank.

>SC3 probably shipped in a better state than most modern games
You're underestimating how thoroughly SC3 was broken. I can't think of a modern fighter that shipped with a bug as bad as VC.

Well unless you have some source like an interview or something its just speculation on your part.

If it truly was a matter of money and time, why did they even bother patching it for arcades that don't exist outside Japan?

>You're underestimating how thoroughly SC3 was broken
No, I'm not, because I bought it at launch and played it frequently.

What's speculation? That balance and QA aren't free? I don't think I need a source for common sense

>If it truly was a matter of money and time, why did they even bother patching it for arcades that don't exist outside Japan?
Because they got more budget and time to make SC3AE, with the intent of making it back via the lucrative east asian arcade industry.

>No, I'm not, because I bought it at launch and played it frequently.
Not against competent humans, because then you'd know how it killed the developing soul calibur tournament scene

Attached: 1545817019724.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

I'm amazed what japs do with the character creator

Attached: 1549808910835.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

>Barely play the game
>Just use CaS to make D&D characters and watch them fight.
Is anyone else autistic?

Attached: 20181022163805_1.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

At that point you might as well just emulate, since you'll get the added benefit of being able to play against people on netplay.

where_do_you_think_we_are.gif

Attached: 1544872495234.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

>What's speculation?
You're saying the devs made the conscious decision to sacrifice bug-testing and QC to add more stuff, I'm asking for you to cite an interview or something where a developer says this was the case. Otherwise it is speculation by definition, you're speculating that this is the case based on observations and conclusions you've chosen to draw from them, not anything factual or official from the makers of the game.
>If you didn't go to tournies you never played against real people
FUNFACT: People who go to locals and compete competitively are a tiny minority. Drop the "If you disagree with me you CLEARLY didn't even PLAY the game!" nonsense, please.

Got any Amy Sorel fans here?

Attached: sc6amybattledirectorcommentimg026.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

i have a group of friends i play with but when i am not doing that i more or less do CaS. most of my characters are either jokes or characters from a project i'm working on.

Attached: 20181030160024_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

I wanna kiss her fucking tummy and cum on her stupid nose

Anons please help me

Still want to pick this game up at some point. Reversal Edge, Soul Charge and super really turned me off though from getting seriously into this one.

>That shawl is tied to her outfit and can't be mixed and matched.

Attached: 1548471256262.jpg (800x792, 96K)

how does amy look in taki's outfit

>You're saying the devs made the conscious decision to sacrifice bug-testing and QC to add more stuff
A conscious decision? No, it's more likely that they just planned poorly and didn't give themselves enough QA time and the game ended up buggier than they wanted. Like what happens with most buggy games. If they had known about the VC glitch or about memory card corruption, and they'd had the option to fix those instead of adding more content, they undoubtedly would have chosen to fix them.

It's an indisputable fact that they didn't put enough into QA, regardless of exactly what kind of decision-making process lead them there.

>FUNFACT: People who go to locals and compete competitively are a tiny minority.
I know. Different flaws and strengths may or may not matter to different people. If you're the kind of person who only cares about single player stuff and casual play, SC3 beats the shit out of SC6; but if you play it more seriously, you'll probably think the opposite. That's fine. I just wanted to point out that SC3 isn't objectively superior.

Yes. Wrote her off as a clone at first but ending up loving her style.

Attached: SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190331191951.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

I wonder who's behind this post

Attached: 1523833394904.jpg (1706x960, 137K)

I don't have that but I do have this

Attached: 1529962671545.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Attached: 1549112891892.webm (640x360, 1.52M)

I'm actually a Mitsu main, but I wanna pick up Amy cus she's so fucking cute

I hope you have the galaxy brain required to play amy after she gets nerfed

I hate filipinos sorry

Go for it. The long animations for RE and supers are annoying, but aside from that, the core gameplay is probably more solid here than in any other entry. Though I can understand why some people might like SCV more.

She doesn't deserve to get nerfed yet

all siegfried players should feel bad

Good.