AND NOW ITS TIME TO PLAY THE MIIIINNDD GAMMMEEEE

AND NOW ITS TIME TO PLAY THE MIIIINNDD GAMMMEEEE
Replaying this now. I was a fucking dumbass on my first playthrough, there is so much shit I just straight up missed because I rushed through the game like a dumbass. Pretty fun so far, though i'm wondering if the shitty endgame will rear it's head once again

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0
youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI
youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
youtube.com/watch?v=4IL0FVG0Moo
youtube.com/watch?v=CvDswh7eXw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SO SO FAST
THE SAILING SHIPS

What's some shit I should know about before playing this for the first time?

Bioshock, but done well.

System Shock, but done better.

The Hunk or The Cutie?

Attached: 2934948-8368300573-Scree.jpg (2040x1148, 404K)

If the mimics turn you off so much you just want to stop playing, don't. It'll get better soon enough. I won't spoil how.

Go really slow. Take your time exploring environments. You can pick up a bunch of items early that way, such as the shotgun and the beam cannon.
No usable item is useless. Even the toy bowgun, yes. Read it's description.
GLOO cannon is OP. Use it a ton early game, and always be on the lookout for places to explore vertically.
Typhon mods are not needed to beat the game, but they are hellaciously OP if you spec into them and make a number of tough combat encounters much easier
Speaking of combat, it's necessary. Spec into bare minimum *some* health and inventory upgrades, or else you won't be able to carry all your shit.
Loot everything. You can dump it all into recyclers, which you can use to craft basically everything.
For the love of god, listen to every audio log and read every email, they usually have codes in them. Alternatively, hacking 4 will get you everywhere (and I usually max out hacking ASAP because most safes contain very useful shit)
Combat is hard. Avoid it if you can. The wrench is stronger than you think it is and also somehow weaker than you think it is.

Hunk for boy scout run, Cutie for evil run.

>either of those
>aesthetically pleasing
pick one

i keep having this dream
i am staring into the darkness between the stars
there is something there
i cannot see it but it sees us
and it hates us

what game

It doesn't even hate us, it's just like us shooting a squirrel or something.
It's more like breaking a chair, honestly. Typhon have human level intelligence but just don't see people as people, and considering you have the option of saving people (and the endings where you display empathy are the only ones where you live) i'd say they are able to learn and probably feel super bad about murderboning us

>base game runs flawlessly maxed out
>Mooncrash runs like ass, sometimes single digit FPS
What the FUCK

no budget

This game is ruined by the ending

Not really, no. Everything you did the real Morgan probably did, and it actually mattered super hard since if your empathy test is successful this means Typhons can be told to fuck off

Imagine being this stupid.

Explore and put points into hacking and morph

same

>Don't take or use any typhon abilities on my first playthrough because fuck ayyys
>ending now makes them out to be self hating ayys
I found it amusing. I'm glad I did it that way though, using things like the toy crossbow to solve problems instead of ayy powers was pretty fun.

I feel like prey is far more balanced to a powerless run that Dishonored 1 or 2 are, especially since you can actually make progress with your powerless dude fairly easily since hacking is a thing, GLOO canon is a thing, and the scavenging you'll be doing means you're a walking arsenal with 60+ shotgun shells and as many recycler charges as you can carry

youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0

Attached: 1340153133143.gif (245x187, 1.93M)

Oh yeah, dishonoured is awful with no powers. The base stealth systems simply aren't good enough to carry the game and you don't have many gadgets outside of your powers. But with prey you have plenty of tools at your disposal and the level design is much better allowing for multiple solutions.

>yfw
youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI

Attached: YES.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Attached: 1459125790606.gif (250x188, 2.66M)

It's explained in the end that they injected Typhon Morgan with Neuromods that had the empathy connectomes, Typhon don't naturally display empathy, the same way we can't naturally kill people by blasting them with our minds.
Explore everything, avoid combat when possible, every bullet counts.

>backing beat sounds like helicopter blades
kino

If I focus 1 tree (namely security) will I have a bad time? I know how important recycling is so MAYBE I'll get the associated material perk but otherwise how will it go?

I know other anons have said this, but you really want to be methodical when exploring areas. Also if you find a path is blocked, there's usually a way around it that doesn't involve skills. And some of the guns you get are multipurpose. You probably already know the GLOO gun can make platforms so you can climb up walls, but try playing around with the other weapons you find. Especially the recycler charges and the nerf gun.

Absolutely. You'll miss out on hacking, which will fuck you out of supplies, and engineering will mean your armor will be nonexistent. It is still doable though if you're really good and smart about picking your fights

>moon crashers let you repair broken doors
>original game doesn't
there are (2) doors that require morph, so I think that ones a default pick up.

No neromods is fucking ass to play though on Nightmare.

I beat the game like a year ago and got the Moon DLC but haven't played it yet.

I have this song included absolutely unironically on my synthwave playlist.
Thats the good shit right there. Hope Mick comes back for the sequelif we even get one ;_;

Attached: 1478115798277.png (800x800, 597K)

Dang, I'm bad at planning stuff out so I was hoping I could just pick 1 tree. Any kind of guide anywhere so I know what perks to pick first?

just play the game you fucking zoomer, if you fuck up then deal with it and get better

Well user, what are you waiting for?
Lets get to work
youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Just got to the part where i can get typhon powers and my thought is i'm going to miss out on the best end if i put points into them, am i wrong?

I did, I always kill the chef, a few hiveminds, and the nightmare a couple times before restarting because I feel like I've done it inefficient.

Don't worry about that right now. Just play the game and do a second playthrough.

Yes, that contributes to bad end.

Just get whatever you want. It doesn't change anything, really. Unless you get a whole shitton of them

Not that guy but I thought the only thing that changed the endings substantially are how you handle the moral choices. I thought having a lot of Typhon mods only changed a bit of the dialogue.

It does, but if you get too many typhon powers, the station security will start registering you as typhon and attack you, as well as spawn more Nightmares

lategame will drain you of supplies, don't worry. I ended the game with literally zero medkits and zero shotgun shells left. I had maybe 30 pistol rounds to my name.
Maybe use different weapons more? Recycler charges deal decent AOE damage, and EMP charges will make the Operator invasion pathetically easy, I believe

youtube.com/watch?v=4IL0FVG0Moo
youtube.com/watch?v=CvDswh7eXw4

Right yeah but for the user who was asking if having a lot of Typhon powers fucks your ending, it doesn't.

A fully upgraded disruptor + security perks basically one shots black box operators IIRC.