Sekiro lore thread

>why was sekiro laying down like a retard in ashina reservoir
>how old is kuro
>who kills you if you defeat genichiro after the tutorial
>why doesn't ishin just let emma guide you through the secret tunnel to the castle so you can just kill genichiro instead of decimating all of his army and generals
>wtf is up with the big snek
>why are mibu people literal zombies when monks have the centipide thing
>if you kill ape's centipede during the first fight, why does he come back
>why the fuck does a big straw dude with a wooden cock take you to the place where white niggas tryna give you succ
>who the fuck are the mist nobles
>wtf is up with the big carp
>how the fuck did that old old lady reach the palace
>how did genichiro revive the first time if he didn't have the black mortal blade
>what made the sculptor turn into the daemon of hatred?
>when talking about immortality coming from the west, do they mean, european west, middle west, china west?

also, why the fuck do so many enemies have a missing arm later in the game?

Attached: sekiro_173.jpg (413x286, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamata_no_Orochi
twitch.tv/bigjimid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how old is kuro
Possibly hundreds of years
Owl, he uses the same type of shuriken during his fight as the one you see in the cutscene.
it's a big snake and there are two of them

>there are two of them
wot

>also, why the fuck do so many enemies have a missing arm later in the game?
to signify that the protagonist quite probably fights his mind's projections and all of it is dog's dream anyway?

I think the very first guys you eavesdrop say how they through you down there, don't even need to kill you, you don't have the will to live anyway. I don't know why though

Owl is not the one that cuts your arm, that bigass shuriken like weapon is used by the nightjar and there's one in there with genichiro. He's the one that takes kuro. The shinobi were not working with genichiro.

its a nightjar shuriken that hits you. you can see the nightjar holding kuro right after

Dumped there by Owl.
>how old is kuro
Doesn't say. Doesn't matter.
Genichiro. One of his bird his ninja throws a shuriken at you and distracts you so he cuts your arm off. It's just a random ninja.
>why doesn't ishin just let emma guide you through the secret tunnel to the castle so you can just kill genichiro instead of decimating all of his army and generals
Hesitation is defeat.
Local god. Japan has hundreds of them.
The water running off of the area above it.
More than one ape.
>why the fuck does a big straw dude with a wooden cock take you to the place where white niggas tryna give you succ
Actual japanese Fertility doll or some shit. Just fucking huge.
Rich people.
Rich peoples pet project.
Her husband feeds the fish and she lives there.
>how did genichiro revive the first time if he didn't have the black mortal blade
The blade doesn't give immortality. He had that fake shit everyone else has.
War.
>when talking about immortality coming from the west, do they mean, european west, middle west, china west?
China west.

I assume she’s a shinobi that got succ from the mist nobles and turned “old”

>lost the will to live after failing his one task in life, and failing his role as a shinobi and thus the iron code bullshit
>9000, so it's perfectly legal
>genichiro henchman
>to prove yourself a worthy protector of kuro and gain Isshin's confidence
>big real world fantasy animal in big real world fantasy game
>tainted by corrupted waters
>you can't during the first fight
>fantastical element based off Japanese rope binding traditions
>nobles of the fountainhead palace (i.e minamato clan analogue in japanese history/mythology), corrupted by waters
>centipedes in body induce immortality and growth
>through the front door after Sekiro opened it
>he was not killed as he had resurrection powers due to imbibing the fountainhead sediments
>senseless destruction and flames bought on by the interior ministries invasion
>ambiguous
>common thematic element

I think it says something about karmic imbalance. God punishes with his right hand and is merciful with his left. It's a yin/yang concept. Day needs night. Life needs death. The message of Sekiro is the the yang is taken away from life, life becomes unbalanced, and is the cause of suffering.

Is Kuro old enough to remember Lordran?

Sekiro takes place during the age of fire in the east where Shiva is from so he was never there

Can someone explain the wedding cave? So the corrupted monk was having the people drink the water so they formed massive kidney stones before being harvested for them?

Attached: 1530671843302.jpg (1200x1149, 138K)

>"Say Wolf, did I ever tell you about Solaire of Astora? He was a warrior of sunlight who frequented this ancient city called Lordran a few centuries back. Awful place. He got caught up with this whole blinding notion of finding his very own sun, and eventually went completely insane. Take that as a lesson, Wolf, never trust an insect offering you divine powers and promises of immortal being. He... he was a good friend."

From just can't help putting in these stupid references. It's dark souls 3 all over again.

post a pic of this piece of dialogue

Man you'll really hate the bit where Kuro starts talking about Boletaria.

>>if you kill ape's centipede during the first fight, why does he come back
There's not more than one Ape or anything, it's the same ape. But during the fight at the watering hole Sekiro doesn't use the Mortal Blade to kill the centipede as it's possible for players to not even have acquired the blade at that point.
At their mating grounds Sekiro explicitly uses MB to sever the centipede and thus the immortality.

do it

>Ishin is the tengu of Ashina
>robertooo is one of the rejuvenating children that died because of the monks experiments
>Yfw

On top of many of those questions:
>why do the Mibu people actually resurrect while the fish people don't

I do believe they don't and there simply are more crawling out of the ground
That or like Genichiro and the dungeon corpses they are very resilient

>Sekiro has so many great nods to history and mythology it's hard to know where to start explaining it all. A good source is probably the "Fountainhead," which is really something of a mistranslation. The Japanese character used here, "源”, does refer to the origin or source of a body of water - but it's also the title of a famous Japanese Royal Clan - The Minamoto Clan. There's a bit of a double entendre going on here, whenever the characters speak of the "Fountainhead Waters" It means both "Waters from the source" and "Waters of the Minamoto."

The Minamoto had fallen out of power mostly by the Sengoku Period, but were still of the royal bloodline, which explains how they manage to have a fancy palace over on a mountain. It's also notable that the Minamoto were most dominant in the Heian Period and during the Genpei War. That's why the soldiers of the Fountainhead are dressed so oddly. They're wearing the elaborate armor from that time period, armed with classical Japanese longbows which had fallen out of favor by the Sengoku period, in lieu of rifles. Driving the point home is their architecture, which is very Chinese-inspired, and resembles the Heian structures of things like the Jingu Shrine in Kyoto.

Why didn't anyone tell isshin he had literal zombies in his basement?

He'd heard rumours, so he asked his brother Tengu to investigate them.

Aren't the dungeon corpses throw aways from the Senpou temple? So people they tried to give artificial immortality? I don't think they are just resilient, those are actually immortal (probably by centipedes).

nice, source?

I was sure the dungeon dudes were the failed experiments of dousaku/doujun

They die after two deathblow tho
The centidudes require you to actually sever their immortality
I don't know man this shit is confusing

>The divine dragon came from the west
>According to Chinese mythology, the Dragon’s Gate is located at the top of a waterfall cascading from a legendary mountain. Many carp swim upstream against the river’s strong current, but few are capable or brave enough for the final leap over the waterfall. If a carp successfully makes the jump, it is transformed into a powerful dragon. A Chinese dragon’s large, conspicuous scales indicate its origin from a carp
>Nobles are proto-carps
>Carps are proto-dragons
>Divine dragon only has one arm , the missing one being the everblossom branche

but dragon was made of wood tho?

>They die after two deathblow tho
Oh well, didn't know this. Killed two and saw them come back, so I figured they would just resurrect ad infinitum.
In this case I'm agreeing with them just being extremely resilient.

you had all of these answered in thread last night you asshole

Why does Sekiro have his prosthetic in memories?

Why doesn't Sekiro main the mortal blade after getting it?

Why is Owl such a moron in every sense?

this desu

The Buddha memories are literal time travel. That's why Sekiro can take stuff back from them (vent barrel, axe, raven thing, everblossom).
I didn't test this myself, but apparently when you kill the peaceful looter dude in Hirata he will be gone in the present day (he's the merchant at the door right before the Chained Ogre), reinforcing time shenanigans.

This is just head canon, but I guess using the Mortal Blade takes a toll on Sekiro (first unsheathing literally kills him, all after that use emblems), so it's not fit for a main weapon. Also you always need a secret HISSATSU technique for coolness.

Owl sniffed his own farts until he became senile.

>Why is Owl such a moron in every sense?
Because he's an old fart

Is the carp basically an attempt to make another dragon?

So why is the Mortal Blade just sitting in a box where the immortal loli is?

Why the fuck did owl have that super rare branch thingy sekiro needed?

What else are they going to do with it? They don't want to kill each other, although they probably could

Not keep it near her

Because he broke it off the everblossom tree that was blooming in Ashina castles garden before it withered.
Now as to WHY he broke of the branch, no idea.

How long ago was Takeru the Divine Heir and what the fuck happened to Tomoe?

Owl had been looking for immortality for a long time. Butterfly was also into his plan which is why he gave it the petal.

How would taking the branch of a tree give him immortality, though?

How do you guys deal with multiple enemies? Bait them one by one or do I just have to git gud figthing all of them at the same time?

>tree lives forever
>maybe if I take a branch I'll also live forever
>shit the tree is dead now
>oh well might as well keep this branch
Something like that

Just bait them one by one, hit and run or shoot them with shurikens.

Hm, maybe.
But it just occurred to me, could Owl - despite his massive stupidness - have known that the everblossom could be used to purify the Dragon's Heritage and thus deliberately destroyed the tree?

It's entirely doable to fight enemies in groups until the endgame reveal. Focus on the ranged and then work your way up from the weakest to strongest, who actually need to be parried or countered. Fighting in groups will have you use more tools though; so unless you have a surplus or don't care it's better to just stealth kill everyone.

Sekiro will be a triology next game taking place in China and then moving to poo in the loo land

I mean he could have known, but I doubt it since Kuro didn't know everything about purifying the Heritage and needed Takeru's notes.

India could actually be pretty cool since it has some neat mythology which unfortunately is overshadowed by how much of a shithole the modern country is.

I didn't have mb during the second fight either, it just lied there pumping.

>>why was sekiro laying down like a retard in ashina reservoir
This is fucked up by the translation so I'm not 100% sure. But it's likely that Kuro saved him in Hirata and the two went on the run before being ambushed/captured and Sekiro's memories got fucked up as a result and he's been kept in the reservoir for a few days at most. I highly doubt he's been kept in the well for 3 years since the Hirata accident took place. What probably happened was that Jobichiro started discussing using the Dragon's Blood and experimenting with the Rejuvenating Waters, Owl realized he needed to make his move or lose the blood to him, and got some bandits to sack Hirata. Kuro and Sekiro managed to fuck it all up for him though and got away until Jobichiro caught up with them right before the game's beginning, putting Kuro in the tower and Sekiro in the well.
>>how old is kuro
Probably around 12-14 Since he seems around 9-10 in the Hirata memory
>>who kills you if you defeat genichiro after the tutorial
A Nigtjar throws a boomerang to distract Sekiro and Jobichiro cuts off his arm
>>why doesn't ishin just let emma guide you through the secret tunnel to the castle so you can just kill genichiro instead of decimating all of his army and generals
No idea but it was probably a risk they weren't willing to take. The passageway also leads to the temple which is where they're holding the sculptor to make sure he can live calmly and not go Shura. If Genichiro caught wind of this and showed up at the temple with his mooks Sculptor might've gone DoH. Isshin probably didn't want to risk this?

Attached: sekino 1.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

DLC bosses, we'll get another memory bell

Nah. The China thing is probably going to be a separate game. Sekiro doesn't need a sequel.

And I'm pretty sure you didn't get the reward that way. The prayer beads maybe, but I'm certain you get the extra ninjutsu only when you sever the immortality.

>Takeru
>a boss
What the fuck is some shota gonna do?

>>wtf is up with the big snek
Some kind of God. The stuff about ayylmaos, carps, centipedes, snakes,a nd how they all relate to the dragon is weird. But there's two snakes alive in the game, and one died before the game started. You find its heart in the shrine guarded by the second snake in a statue of Buddha that has a snake wrapped around it just like the monks that have centipedes wrapping around them. I have no idea what any of this means. The palanquin out of which you stab its eyeball is also pretty suspect so there's gotta be more there.
>>why are mibu people literal zombies when monks have the centipide thing
Mibu people are probably infested with the slugs that keep them alive while the monks are kept alive by the centipedes.
>>if you kill ape's centipede during the first fight, why does he come back
You don't sever the immortality using the mortal blade
>>why the fuck does a big straw dude with a wooden cock take you to the place where white niggas tryna give you succ
no idea
>>who the fuck are the mist nobles
people like that guy in mibu village who drink from the fountainhead waters somehow and start transforming into some illusory shit. They also look similar to the dragons of the old tree for some reason.
>>wtf is up with the big carp
No idea
>>how the fuck did that old old lady reach the palace
Her Dad probably came there with her in tow or she got there looking for him. Might've been Mibu residents. But no way of knowing yet.
>>how did genichiro revive the first time if he didn't have the black mortal blade
He had the rejuvenating waters. They're like an off brand version of the dragon's blood. The mortal blade has nothing to do with it.
>>what made the sculptor turn into the daemon of hatred?
Years of killing others and taking on their karma in battles and wars.
>>when talking about immortality coming from the west, do they mean, european west, middle west, china west?
Probably China West. Translations make it hard to say.

Attached: sekino 2.jpg (1920x1080, 890K)

Does the Hirata raid really take place 3 years ago or is that a mistranslation? How the hell did the old maid and her son survive all this time?

You almost never have to fight multiple enemies in a situation that you can't run from. That being said bestowal ninjutsu is fucking amazing when it comes to fighting multiple enemies in front of you

Because he’s depressed you dumb fuck

yeh, you only get shinobi execution if I remember right. wen't back with mb and killed the corpse to get immortality severed. not 10 min later some npc mentioned the same place, went back again only to be greeted by shaman dude without confetti. I wonder why he was there.

What was Owl agenda?
Why let wolf out of the plan?

>>why doesn't ishin just let emma guide you through the secret tunnel to the castle so you can just kill genichiro instead of decimating all of his army and generals
Isshing doesnt give a shit about anything.

>How the hell did the old maid and her son survive all this time?
The same way Owl survived being an old fuck for 20 years.

>he’s depressed you dumb fuck
i doubt it. he's a high-functioning autismo who's savant skill is fighting. don't think he's capable of moods like depression, mania, etc

If you play with japanese on you can literally hear them say "Minatomo" whenever "Fountainhead" comes up.

But Owl isn't blind.

>What was Owl agenda?
The become Immortal and possibly eventually the Shogun.
>Why let wolf out of the plan?
Because he's fucking stupid, also he wanted to have a duel to the death with him one day. As for how that would work with immortality, well as I said Owl's a fucking idiot.

Shut the fuck up nigger. Wolf thinks his dad is dead and lost the prince, he had no more will to live

>he had no more will to live
no. he simply didn't have someone telling his autistic brain what to do next, so he was lost. then the well note came.

She's a sweetheart who deserves protecting, but what the fuck is she gunna do with it? Anyone besides Sekiro who tried to take it would (in theory) die and she certainly can't use it on them.

Potentially commit Seppuku

I go for ranged first, usually take them out with shurikens, and then weakest to strongest. If there are big tardboys i stealth them. You are invincible during a deathblow so taking advantage of that is key to group fighting. The health recovery on deathblows help, and puppeteer ninjitsu is pretty great utility for multiple enemies.

Have sex

So what the fuck did the Monks do to the Divine Children anyway?

no thanks. proud incel here

I hope to God devs never touch Indian culture or mythos. Mark my words, once Beyond Good and Evil comes out you'll start seeing more of those faggot termites that bitched about Apu crawl out into the open and try to get in on the cultural appropriation shitshow. There's a whole fucking cadre of second and third gen immigrants from asian cultures where hard work and decency are still stressed, who are fucking itching to start whining and whoring out like nogs and white liberals.

Nah. She seems to find the monks and rats extremely distasteful but she doesn't seem homicidal/suicidal over the whole deal.

>Japs care what soys think

They probably fed them rejuvenating waters and it's very likely the ones that spawned centipedes died as they were too young to host them. It's probably more complex than that but it's all i can think of given what we know about the game

There might not be a drop of homocidal tendencies but a little girl left all alone who's probably traumatized by whatever the fuck the monks did to her she could easily become suicidal.

We'd have to know how the legit dragon heritage came about before even being able to properly speculate on that. To my knowledge they don't even touch on it.

>We'd have to know how the legit dragon heritage came about
That's fucking easy, it came from the Divine Dragon

Well the girl isn't exactly that old either.

She doesn't seem suicidal though, and it's not like this is real life. Since it's a game that's something they'd drop a nudge on us for.

That's the point--she has proper immortality not granted by having a gigantic centipede lodged in your craw.

No shit sherlock, but Takeru isn't spoken of as the first holder of the heritage and he's the only one who actually met the dragon as far as we know.

Well yes but we don't know why she's the only one with 'fake' immortality that doesn't have a centipede up her ass.

I thought her immortality was genuine according to the rules of the world? The monks having expended so much effort to create a divine being

If they have swords, i just released lock on, stand in front of them, and parry them all at the same time. And then kill whoever got posture broken first.

What's up with the Snake Eyes? They're descendants of the Okami but they look human beneath the bandages. Is the Sunken Valley Clan and actual clan that's blood related or is it a collection of outlaws?

Well she calls it artificial dragon's blood which gives the airs of being fake.

Maybe the Okami are humans but the waters of the Fountainhead just made them fish people.

Artificial in the sense that she wasn't born with the heritage like Kuro, but from everything I can recall about the game they treat her immortality as genuine even if it isn't "real" in name.

I don't think the experiments, where most of the children died, where tied to the centipedes. If they knew the centipedes would work (as we see with the tons of "monks" that are "immortal" through a centipede) why would they subject the children to it?
I think it's more along the lines of monks tried to SCIENCE artificial Dragon's Heritage, but all but one child died. That child then got hidden by the monkeys. Monks gave up their SCIENCE and went for the centipedes.

I thought the monks hide her with the monkeys since, you know, She's their breakthrough so they'd want to protect her.

Very possible, I just don't know enough about the game world to really know for sure. I'm sure that the experiments would involve the toxic fountainhead waters at some point though

Buddha memories aren't literal time travel; they're you meditating on the memories resonant of the charm you've offered and the Buddha allowed your consciousness to traverse to that realm. The Buddha facilitates transfer of items you gained, as its storage is infinite. There's no confirmation that killing Anayama in the past kills him in the present--what's more likely is that he simply leaves because he knows that killing intent; if you attack him, his present self will say he feels threatened but he doesn't know why.

>Why doesn't Sekiro main the mortal blade after getting it?
It's not the weapon he's trained with and just drawing it is a problem.

He thinks he's stronger than everyone else involved and that you'll obey his iron code.

I suppose so

It's possible the centipedes are just a side effect of the false heritage like dragonrot.

Well if that were the case then why does the Guardian Ape have the centipede?

His watering hole is directly supplied by fountainhead waters, which are rife with centipede eggs/offspring

Shit that's a good point

But why would a side effect of the fake heritage spawn centipede offspring up in fountainhead?

You underestimate how pampered Samurai and their families are.

Oh, I have no idea. I'm not the guy behind that theory but I do know the watering hole is 100% the reason for monkey trouble having a centipede

You've got that backwards man. It's the false heritage that has the same side effect as the waters.

Really feels more like the Monkeys are hiding her from the monks.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.
Do you mean that the fake heritage and the waters both have the centipedes as side effects?

The Okami were definitely human, they were transformed by the rejuvenating waters just like the mist nobles. And yes the gunfort women are descendants of them.

Her enclave is a single door away from the temple, and you unlock it yourself. I'm pretty sure the monks are interested in preserving the sanctity of their man-made deity even if she resents them--hell, even the monk who you can talk to if you get there before fighting Jobichiro reinforces this.

Reminder Vaati will make a vid on this

They do, consisering the censorship

Yeah, but it's the waters that make them. That's why the ape has his pest issue.

Does indeed make sense. Also explains why there are centipede larvae in the fountainhead pond.
But now the question arises why no one up in fountainhead, except the corrupted monk, has a centipede. And those fuckers get so high on rejuvenating water they literally started to morph into tree dragon people.

Where was patches in this game?

Probably has to do with how far down the chain it is. Stagnation obviously count happen right where the water flows from. It's flowing after all.

What the fuck even is the Rejuvenating Waters?

Actually, it is to make more representation of disabled people. From is woke now.

If I remember right, the water in the divine palace is touched by the dragon, enhancing it into the rejuvenating waters. Whether if it's cause it's blood dripped into it, or maybe just from contacting the dragon's skin, but I'm pretty sure just touching the dragon changes it

All Ashina's water passes under the Dragon's ass and balls, making it divinely powerful

Can the Divine Child grant immortality with her false dragon blood like those with Dragon's Heritage or does she only have immortality for herself alone?

rejuvinating water is dragon piss confirmed

Attached: 1547341484762.jpg (540x519, 68K)

How do you know the Dragon has balls?

Would you let a centipede in your body to stay immortal?

it doesn't it has roots

>bing bing katanahoooo
>lore

lmfao

I'd rather drink immortal loli/shota juices.

I don't think the water itself makes the centipedes nor that they are a side effect. In Buddhism centipedes are the antithesis of dragons and represent corruption. So why would water that became holy because it touched a dragon suddenly start producing their arch nemesis?
I believe the centipedes are their own thing, separate from the water and dragon. But because they're little assholes they want to corrupt the water.

Also let's take a note who even is infected with a centipede:
>sparring partner
>ape
Ape accidentally got infested when he drank the water that had larvae in it. I don't remember about the sparring partner, but I think he doesn't know how he got immortal. So either he accidentally drank some infested water as well or he was a guinea pig.

>monks
>corrupted monk
Latter is tied to the monks, and the monks probably deliberately drank water with larvae in them so they can gain immortality. It shows the absolute corruption: Buddhist monks, who are against corruption and thus against centipedes now take them willingly to become immortal. And they do this because rice loli denied them the (fake) heritage immortality.

Seriously, sometimes I enjoy a game when Yea Forums breaks down the plot more than playing the game and finding out. I felt like this fleshed out the story of Sekiro and Resident Evil 7, both games with very minimal or nonexistent story.

>because rice loli denied them the (fake) heritage immortality.
Did she deny them?

Why does a single divine abduction disappear the monks
And who are all the dead black people lying around the monk place

>And they do this because rice loli denied them the (fake) heritage immortality.
What? Can the rice heir even grant immortality? From what I understood,being a fake divine child, all she had is immortality, no bestowal of it in any way.

So if I'm not mistaken these are the three ways of becoming immortal
1. Having real or fake Dragon's Heritage or being granted the Heritage from one who has it
2. A fucking centipede up your ass
3. drinking the Fountainhead water to turn into a fish person and then transforming into a fish
I'm not misinterpreting anything here am I?

She quite openly dissents them, so I'd guess she denied them. I mean, why use the centipedes when the loli could just do the same thing better.

This could be as well. However, can't you give the sakura droplet to her and she gives you the third ressurrection? For me this implies she can very well bestow immortality.

>Why does a single divine abduction disappear the monks
I guess they're the only ones that can entire monkey limbo without the bell
>And who are all the dead black people lying around the monk place
most likely failed experiments left to rot

>However, can't you give the sakura droplet to her and she gives you the third ressurrection
Isn't that because the droplet basically holds the 'essence' of immortality, and that since we are already immortal we can harness that essence even if it was born of failure.

The water itself doesn't grant the same kind of immortality, otherwise the okami warriors would constantly get back up like the centipeded monks. The water itself just has massive regenerative abilities when drunk, so it basically acts like a fountain of youth, but you are still dead when your sloat gets slit.
There's that Jackie Chan and Jet Li movie that has the "immortals" who reside in a place above the mortals and every other decade they drink some water to stay immortal. Fountainhead sounds earily similar to this, and while I don't know how close the movie is to the actual myth I'm still sure there is some chinese story that goes that way.

Sure she dissents them but I don't think she'd actually deny them outright if it wouldn't cause her suffering, she seems too kindhearted for that.

By the time we get to the Fountainhead we already have the Mortal Blade so maybe the developers didn't bother with them getting back up or staying since we already have the immortality slayer.

What's so special about rice loli's rice that makes it have such strong healing properties?

Because forced DaS1 reference

>>why was sekiro laying down like a retard in ashina reservoir
lmao dark souls homage
>>how old is kuro
Young enough to be a innocent kid mentally.
>>>who kills you if you defeat genichiro after the tutorial
a dick ass generic nightjar
>>>why doesn't ishin just let emma guide you through the secret tunnel to the castle so you can just kill genichiro instead of decimating all of his army and generals
Because this is the same ishin who has time to play batman but not tell nightjar to stop attacking you.
>>wtf is up with the big snek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamata_no_Orochi
>>>why are mibu people literal zombies when monks have the centipide thing
don't have a good answer to that, it's likely linked to minamoto palace waterfalls.
>>>if you kill ape's centipede during the first fight, why does he come back
You didn't use the mortal blade so it was still alive. If you don't use the mortal blade in 2ape it will resurrect to fight you again
>>why the fuck does a big straw dude with a wooden cock take you to the place where white niggas tryna give you succ
it's a golem of some kind. dunno for who though.
>>who the fuck are the mist nobles
a buncha nobles who got addicted to immortality through stealing life essence.
>>wtf is up with the big carp
It's a big carp.
>>how the fuck did that old old lady reach the palace
She lives there.
>>>how did genichiro revive the first time if he didn't have the black mortal blade
He was already infested with the centipedes. The mortal blade does not grant immortality.
>>what made the sculptor turn into the daemon of hatred?
His karmatic sins. The talismans on the sculptors temple and the buddha carvings were attempts to prevent it. It failed. You can get eavesdrop dialogue while Emma is in the temple that alludes to this.
>>when talking about immortality coming from the west, do they mean, european west, middle west, china west?
China.

Centipede eggs

That's what I thought after I already posted. I would need to test if Sekiro actually uses the MB to kill the centipede monks at Senpou. Because if he does there but not in fountainhead my point still stands.

He does use the MB. There are two flavors of those monks, one with the centipede and the other lesser ones that just spit at you.

When you DB the centipede ones you can then DB them again with the MB to finish them.

>I would need to test if Sekiro actually uses the MB to kill the centipede monks at Senpou
He does.
You have to deathblow them then use a second deathblow where he pulls out the mortal blade. This happens any time you kill immortals unless he explicitly death blows using the mortal blade.
whatever is in Minamoto palace isn't immortality.

But there are no centipedes in the inner sanctum?

twitch.tv/bigjimid
Biggest retard I ever saw.

self-advertising is against da roolz

So Kuro was the Chosen Undead?

Why is Emma keep sitting near dead Ishin's body? What did I miss?

>Why does Sekiro have his prosthetic in memories?
Probably for gameplay mechanics. Would suck to get prosthetics and immediately lose them as you're going through an entirely optional area in the game

The Mortal Blade isn't meant to be unsheathed or even wielded at all. He only pulls it out to sever immortality.

He's a boomer

You can sneak around and death blow most enemies, or run away and then sneak up on them.

He is her master and sensei in blade training so she plans on dying with him.

He was sick like the entire time you see him.

Attached: sword saint uf uc.png (800x1131, 267K)

You use the mortal blade for some attacks like the mortal draw though

And they cost a fair chunk of spirit emblems to use them.

I've beet Genichiro where should I go next, Gunfort or magic hole?

>how old is kuro
he looks about 3 years younger in the memory that is about 3 years ago, so he probably looks his age, the dragons heritage has had lots of heirs
one of genichiro's nightjar throws a shuriken that sekiro blocks and while you're distracted genichiro cuts off your arm and says a shinobi should know the difference between honor and victory
the nightjar is in the cutscene either way, he's the one carrying kuro
because it's immortal
you need to finish it with the mortal blade, which is what sekiro does the second time, he used his normal sword the first time

Is the ghost dude with the malcontent ring supposed to be the sculptors old shinobi partner? It would tie in with why it drives him nuts in his demon form. Also why did they part ways?

This is what I got from giving him monkey booze, unless he was talking about the whistle finger itself and not the ring.

Wait, what does the finger do to the demon?

I haven't fought him yet, but I heard the malcontent whistle stuns him or somethings. Apparently the sculptor enjoyed when his partner played the whistle, which may be why it effects him in his demon state.

because kusabimaru isnt just his sword it's his badge of loyalty as a retainer to kuro.

Seduce you.

Killing the merchant is just continuity cannon. Sekiro becomes immortal after beating lady butterfly. He would not revive in the present if that was true.

You know which West.

Attached: D8BAD970-1771-4F35-AEEB-801C0465039F.jpg (500x400, 118K)

Takeru was most likely the one who ripped off dragon's arm
>Dragon is a tree
>Mentioned that Takeru has been at divine realm
>Mentioned that Takeru grafted Everblossom tree from branch
You don't want to fuck with this one.

Fun fact: Tengu is actually the sculptor, because they never appear in same room

Fun fact: Tengu is actually the rice loli, because they never appear in the same room

>three bar boss Tomoe
>shinobi excecution
>"please, revive my shinobi"
>second phase Takeru/Tomoe

"That armored man, he's like a large parent.... a-an enormous father...

A GIANT DAD

Attached: sek.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

They both end up at the same location

Bottomless hole first if you want to avoid 2 apes.

the Ashina family has a fetish for arm amputations
see: genichiro cutting your arm, Isshin cutting the sculptor's arm. I imagine he cut arms as trophies

What? Lone shadows aren't missing an arm, they just have it hidden in their little cape. I guess to hide which ones have the poison fist technique.

The ones that use that are clearly smacking you with the arm they keep hidden.

What was Genichiro's motive when he took Kuro away? He already had immortality and still want Kuro's blood. Why?

he had the gay shit that possibly would be giving him a centipede and wanted the cool stuff that lets you die over and over like wolf instead

Why does everyone in the castle attack you if you're friendly with Kuro and Isshin?

He was a pedophile.

because fromsoft are still hacks who can't into interactable npcs and they wanted you to be able to farm those enemies

Use the dragon blood to make all of Ashina's army immortal.

Attached: 814380_20190410105653_1.jpg (2560x1440, 2.67M)

Pretty sure it's hinting towards Saiyuki

It's possible but I don't think that would have worked out logistically especially since we don't exactly know how bestowal works (also because literally everyone in Ashina would be dead of dragonrot within a week)
I'm pretty sure Genny boy really wanted it for himself so that he could personally obliterate anyone he wanted. Those two generals are talking about it in a figurative sense

>run around killing ministry goons in plain sight
>Ashina mooks still shoot you

Attached: 1496966906579.jpg (854x720, 134K)

Genichiro doesn't seem like the smartest tactician in the world.

hes a literal retard who is there just to do plot-convenient things and I love it. Beginning, middle, and end of the game? it's all genichiro baby

Say what you will, the man was determined.

Attached: 814380_20190410112909_1.jpg (2560x1440, 630K)

>A grown ass man has to call his dead grandpa to kill his enemy
That's pretty pathetic

Who are the Hiratas who own Hirata Estate? Are they some noble family under Ashina or are they a little independent clan in themselves? What are Kuro's and Owl's relation to them?

Part of ashina and Kuro's clan iirc

One of Isshin children fucked an Hirata, making them a part of Ashina. Also birthed Kuro.

I killed him in the past and hes gone

>Black mortal sword can summons dead people
Why genechiro dont stab bunch of peasant, POW and summon his army?
It literally free and without dragon rot downside.

reasonably sure you need to sacrifice someone with immortality or something similar which is why Genichiro used his own body as the vessel and/or raw material

Of the four celestial guardians from both Chinese and Japanese mythology, the Azure Dragon is associated with the East and wood. Typically in Chinese, wood is also one of the major elements (similar to fire or water), which lightning is a sub-element to, actually. Basically like how ice would be considered a sub-element of water. It has many other names like Seiryu in Japanese and Qinglong (Long is literally dragon) in Chinese.

I'm not sure if Japanese myth has the elemental wood thing in their mythology, but Chinese for sure does. It comes up all the time still in chinese light novels which is why I knew this.

My only question is what was Sekiro doing during the 3 year span between the hirata estate sack, and the present

How does this retard not realize that his son is dead

Somewhere in the game, I think it tells you that the Hiratas are a clan that are vassals to the Ashina.

So Kuro is related to Isshin? He's Kuro Hirata? How do you know this

I think the Tengu might be Isshin Ashina

no way that's true, I've seen them in the same room together

Japan has no wood. The elements are fire earth water wind, and lightning

They are Genchiros boys and still want to stop you

Too be fair he was up against some orange dude who had higher anime protag powers than him

I think a good question is why the fuck can old man Isshin control fire? I mean learned lightning from Tomoe but can also randomly just spit fire? Also if this is the case why can't SS Isshin do it as well? I mean he has all the same knowledge and is in peak condition but doesn't attempt to use it at all

You can also set them on fire and kill them in one deathblow.

>How old is Kuro?

Old enough

Attached: WOLFED.jpg (1440x1408, 240K)

Look at every iterations of final fantasy's Shiva.
They don't give a shit.

Does his power mean that his butt will heal itself after a night of relentless penetration

Followup question - if you fuck the rejuvenating waters loli, will you feel the centipede tickle your dick when you're inside?

he can't even get hurt at all, I'll leave the rest up to your interpretation

Yes

Attached: centipedeloli.jpg (848x1200, 144K)

I really hope you aren't this stupid, user

Sekiro's "lore" is shallow as a kiddy pool. Who fucking cares.

t. Niohfag

I disagree, but I also think From's stories aren't exactly very deep either. It's usually masked by the whole obscurity that usually surrounds the lore. Sekiro is more like Demon's Souls.

He lost his will to live, lost his memories too.
>how old is kuro
1000 dragon
some nightjar ninja distracts sekiro and then geni does
Isshin probably doesn't know you're alive or not lethargic at the bottom of the reservoir
jap gods
mibu people drank the waters but are not infested
you don't kill it
its a jap folklore material reference just embiggened
a big exclusive club of fish people
old one died, nobles manipulated some dude into becoming one
there is a trope in jap folklore about the helpful old hag
geni has the bog standard water and not the divine blood pact that he really wanted
the culmination of the war and the downfall of Ashina
Chinese west.

Please halp

Sitting in the reservoir.

So how many ares does Tengu mask isshin show up in?

Only spots i caught him were after the horse fight and before the sunken valley.

Any other spots he shows up at?

reminder, its just shaped like rice

Attached: 44d0ab3651ea2892d27fc8f30a8803c8.jpg (600x423, 74K)

So is Sekiro set before or after Bloodborne? This is a kin and the mibu village has phantasms scattered about.

Attached: phantasm.jpg (600x338, 25K)

>yeh, you only get shinobi execution if I remember right. wen't back with mb and killed the corpse to get immortality severed
Oh wow, I was wondering why it was all writhing and noisy. Just realized I didn't have the blade yet either, guess I'll do that before I finish my playthrough then.

Who would win in a fight, tengu or the demon lord?

What are those ashina warrior apparitions? I'm talking nightjar ghost in forest, samurai ghost before elevator to sempou, etc.

No-one kills you even if you lose.

Vengeful spirits aka froms patented lazy reskins

that whole place is where Ashina dead are buried.

why does owl randomly have the 2nd mortal blade in the shura ending? that dont make no sense. and he doesnt even acknowledge it at all.

>robertooo is one of the rejuvenating children that died because of the monks experiments
yfw you're a retard? this isnt the case at all

Huh, I see. Explains everything including those triple ghost samurai.
Still wondering about the ghost samurai before sempou though.

reminder, rice is oval not spherical

why the fuck do people want to become mist nobles? if you drink the rejuvinating waters, you become centipede, but when you drink the fountainhead waters, you become a noble? is there a difference? are they really immortal?

Tengu is 100 year old dying from sickness(due to old age) Isshin, the demon lord would win.

If the nobles are immortal then why did the carp die? They're not cut out immortal, they are quasi immortal in that they do not age but they transform into inssmouth people and they are free of sickness but one good throat slit will kill them still.

>dark souls had chester
>bloodborne had yamamura
>sekiro had ???
DLC better have something.

nah the divine child isnt possessed by any centipedes, she's the only one who survived that children of rejuvenation process or whatever

armored warrior

>chained ogre is the first really notable boss/miniboss in the game
>it's also one of the few that can be beaten like a souls boss (dodge and punish)
was that a mistake? does it instill bad habits?

Chained ogre is absolutely the best example of bad game design in this game. here we have our 3rd miniboss and the first time there is grab attacks. besides having more grabs than any enemy in the game, he also has the fastest perilous attack in the game with his standing grab, and all of his grabs have ridiculous auto-aim and shitboxes (we've all seen the webms.)

most people fight him like a souls boss even if they've never played souls because they dont realize your tiny sword can deflect a dropkick from a 10ft giant. even if you stand your ground, you're gonna be picked off by his insanely fast grabs or shitboxed. the only reliable way to kill him is by running around or abusing flame vent.

chained ogre is probably the worst boss in the game.

Not for me.
All I got from it is that perilous grab attacks suck so do your best to avoid them.
Thank fuck Hate demon doesn't have grab attack.

He doesn't control fire, he's just using the wind from his attacks to feed the flames that are already there.

I guess I can see that but he literally slashes with fire sometimes in second phase, kinda just seems outta place but I guess they needed something for new mechanics

Why is that impossible? There is nothing about that in the game but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Worst mini boss goes to the Centipedes.
>literally kill themselves if you even remotely try to deflect

umm, guys?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1920x1080, 470K)

How did Buddha get away with this?

Attached: 1526789671952.jpg (220x318, 13K)

people don't realize that every single enemy that doesn't have a weapon you treat them like souls cheese. Every enemy with a sword or spear, you get in their faces and be aggressive and parry their shit in for a shinobi execution for over half the health bar.

Buddhists are only religious group physically removing muzzies on large scale btw.

Does anyone know what causes the ghosts to spawn around the map? On my first playthrough I didn't find any but this playthrough I've seen both ashina samurai and Nightjar ghosts

Advancing past a certain point of the game is what it seems like. I know there's also Mibu villager ghost spawns outside a headless cave in Outskirts (the one you have to swim into) and also on a Senpou temple cliffside area (the one with the monkeys)

No but there is a reference of "spread of similar undead curse and oni in the Eastern lands" in dark souls 3.

Attached: Screenshot_20190411-032128.png (836x455, 141K)

If You think about ninjas from interior ministry they had both hands only cape cover one of arm.

You don't get it. Miyazaki clearly has a death/suicide fetish. "Dying dreams of someone trying to approach True Death" makes perfect sense from this standpoint.

>of someone
Of someone, whose whole life is just endless killing, no less.

No she a shrine Maiden but dont drink the water like her father and get old, also she has a twin sister one of them kill the nobles after You open the gate, second sister cry next to her father after You kill giant carp.

European west but that was long before most of the magics were lost to time and the other species were driven extinct.

Is it weird I kind of envy Sekiro and his simple lifestyle? Maybe it's because were both autists, but I think it'd be nice to have such a straightforward and dedicated goal in life
>protect master
>nothing else matters
He doesn't care about laws or anything, he just kills people who are a threat to Kuro or himself.

Why did we have to fight him again? Why would we kill his son?

Just found out that Owl can't really take Dragonspring Wine.

Those must have been good times for Isshin, Sculptor, Owl, Takeru, Tomoe, Emma and those who tried to steal Isshin's wine.

I thought Sekiro was the sculptor. In the normal ending he takes on the role as a sculptor, even sitting in the same position as the original sculptor. He's also missing an arm, and says he'll leave his prosethetic for somene who needs it. He also broke his own iron code, and killed his master - so he has a lot of pain inside him that would eventually lead to him becoming the Demon of Hatred.

But Califorina is behaind censorsip not nips.

What fantasy stuff could be done with Spain/Christianity that would be fun? Isn't the 30 Years War also happening during the Sengoku Period?

He wasn't the sculptor, he became the sculptor.

Armored Warrior was either portuguese or dutch, nor Spanish.

>Chinese dragon
>wields a Chinese sword
>"they mean Europe"
You must be retarded. Immortality is even a big part of Chinese mythos, and is completely antithetical to European mythology.

I watched dragon ball.

What if he was always the sculptor, and the Sekiro we meet in the well is a Sekiro that is part of a memory. The memory of Hirata seems to be some kind of time-travel thing, and your actions there does have an effect on the "current time".

So what if Sekiro is stuck in a timeloop?

corean sword

Is there any point in discussing these scenarios when there's no actual proof to substantiate them?

Half the sht is probably answered by googling japanese mythology
Fuck that shit

Yes. Speculating on what could be real is half the point of From lore. They make it ambiguous to promote this kind of community-driven storytelling.

Because why would the armored warrior need the sacred waters for his dead son?

They leave it ambiguous so the community can discuss all the things that can be inferred from in game evidence. What you're talking about is literally fanfic, 0 evidence. No point even discussing it.

What is even the difference between all that shit. I know it makes them super mad to confuse their mythologies but they are literally the same shit and everyone looks the same too which doesn't help matters

I agree there seems to be this whole ordeal of finding another way to immortality than replaying your spine with a fucking centipede or else there wouldn't be so many of them and rice waifu wouldn't be the result of some super deadly experiment.

>all that shit
WHO CARES? It's a FromSoft game. It's never going to actually get written. It's never going to be explored. Why set yourself up for disappointment? Has 25+ years of video games taught you nothing?

Attached: lemon2.jpg (600x840, 288K)

>implying it itsnt fun to speculate about From lore

What a pointless act task though, outside the Immortal Blades Kuro is invincible.

If you like to speculate about lore, why not do it with a series that may, or even already has, explicated on speculation? That ACTUALLY EXPANDS AND FOLLOWS UP on the stuff that people have discovered and theorised?

Or do you just want to write your fanfiction and never have the developers either confirm or debunk it?

We'll learn more in the DLC.

>I believe the centipedes are their own thing, separate from the water and dragon. But because they're little assholes they want to corrupt the water.
It flat out says in-game somewhere that centipedes grew out of the fountain and that's where the monks invented their centipede cyber technology

>The palanquin out of which you stab its eyeball
Obviously the palanquin in which sacrifices ("brides") were offered to the snake.

Why are the prosthetic tools in the memory of at that time sekiro still had his real arm?

Attached: 1551703122602.jpg (1080x1043, 107K)

If*

No, there's either two snakes currently living (one has an eye wound, the other doesnt) or the snake has a head on each end.

What the fuck is with the centipedes? Not the immortality centipedes, the crawling fuckers with claws.

>yfw this is leading up to a Wild West Bloodborne game
YEEEEEEEEEEHAW

>final bossfight is quickest-gun-in-the-west with an old one

Attached: 1527817898997.jpg (819x460, 50K)

Why so angry? I think its part of the charm of From games, that they keep things mysterious. It has nothing to do with fanfiction, just trying to find clues and possible explanations.

He likes and respects Sekiro for his skills but he won't help him do anything unless he is in a position where he absolutely can't help himself
He is kinda From's Revolver Ocelot

Also the tunnel was probably blocked. The same way it's blocked when you try to use it when the idols at the castle get deactivated

Probably some failed experiment subjects. We know getting infested with the centipedes make you immortal. So some faggots tried some SCIENCE on them.

My question is are the human-like centipedes or centipede-like humans?

chained ogre is actually one of Seath failed experiments since he has the same teleport grab effect on his attack

Attached: 360 no scope hug.png (1092x1223, 2.24M)

Think about how they don't come out unless provoked and about how it takes time from rice loli to produce them.

When you kill him you are rewarded money, there are a few instances where killing an enemy either a miniboss or a small group of them (like the two strawhats next to bandits near the big tree) will give you as reward a bag of money, and I don't mean it drops, I mean that just after killing them the game pauses and shows you that you got a moneybag.
I think this is From trying to tell you that they are mercenaries and that was their pay to stop whoever is trying to pass through and since there is not a Monk Boss in Senpou Temple I believe they thought of themselves as not ready to defend the temple in case someone comes looking for the Divine Child.

So when armor guy tells you that "by the sake of my son, put your sword down" he is just telling you that he doesn't want to die to take care of his child (unless I'm missing something I don't know if little Robert is referenced outside of him and the firecrackers), he's just telling you to fuck off and look for an alternative because he doesn't really want to kill you but he has to just to provide for him and his son.

Attached: 1450278557467.jpg (513x604, 35K)

Shit I messed up my point, he only gives you money on NG+, on normal he just gives you a prayer bead.
Well the case could still stand, the strawhats and bandits seem to be mercenaries.

>Ninth Prayer Necklace
>Robert's father came from afar across seas to the south, in search of the Undying. Repelling a thousand blades was a small price for the blessing of rejuvenation...
He was hired by the monks

Why are the ded kids fucking invisible and why can the big baby see them? Do you need a pure soul to see them?

Centipede-like human.

>Analysis and archeology have suggested that the sword's origins lie in Jin Dynasty China in 369.

ah, this explains some of the left arm/eye missing stuff

Not him but once you kill the first snake by stabbing his head, you can still go into the cave with the dried viscera to find another.
I suspect there might be three because once you stab one in the eye I haven't seen either of the other two snakes we know of with a scar on its eye. There obviously was another snake because of the dried viscera, making it potentially four having existed but at least three

Pretty sure the one you kill had a scarred eye

The South? He was Australian?

There isn't any speculation on this game though. It is very clear and straightforward and many of the things that seem confusing to us is just about japanese lore, like the snake or the straw monster. If this was a dark souls game, it would end at divine dragon turning us into some tree and kuro coming up and grabbing one of our tear falling on the ground and drinking, or some nebulous open interpretation garbage.

Japan referred to the Europeans as "nanban" - southern barbarians (same as people from SEA) for a good while because they sailed in from the south, through southeast asia.

This guy has to be the biggest chad in all of Ashina. He doesn't give a fuck what's in his way, if he wants to walk somewhere, he walks straight ahead

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-06 14-45-08-792.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

were the two snakes meant to be eastern frampt and kaathe
also i wonder if the snakes are related to this

Attached: e09.jpg (600x1200, 71K)

Having sex severs your irl immortality