So I bought this game a few days ago and wow, what a piece of shit :)

so I bought this game a few days ago and wow, what a piece of shit :)
no, seriously, can anyone explain to me how come it was called a system seller? what's so special about this game? I played it for about 10 hours now, and
>the story hasn't progressed like AT ALL
>the gameplay and combat both suck ass. It's literally just hide, then hide and then hide some more
>It feels as though there is a 1 second input lag
>the sensitivity is painfully slow
>aiming is literally a joke
>exploring is fucking boring. There's almost nothing interesting in those empty rooms (there were a few letters and things like that but that's clearly not enough)

Is there any reason to continue playing this? I'm in that area where the girl was covering me with a sniper rifle, how far am I? I actually expected some usual sony movie game, but it's not even that, it's just a shitty third person stealth game. I suppose people liked it back then because zombies were popular, but this hasn't aged well AT ALL.

Attached: the-last-of-us-dlc.jpg (1920x1200, 1.02M)

You sound like a fag.

Attached: woah there charles dickens.png (240x200, 18K)

wow, thanks for calling my ESL writing a Charles Dickens novel

It's cinematic and that's another word for good, right?

oh, also I forgot, Telltale's Walking Dead was so much better.

how is it cinematic? in what way? cutscenes look good, fine, but there's not enough cutscenes for the amount of boring gameplay this game has

>I played it for about 10 hours now
>I'm in that area where the girl was covering me with a sniper rifle
How is someone this bad at games?

Attached: 1445741115702.png (968x720, 884K)

it felt like 10 hours, I didn't die much and didn't get stuck anywhere, the game is literally a big corridor.
are you telling me I'm not even close to finishing this GAEM?

bump

I liked it because it was comfy and pleasing to play, largely due to the great soundtrack and atmosphere. I think the issue is that you went into the game thinking it would be some action packed post apocalyptic third person shooter. In reality it is more of an interactive story with light video game elements laid on top.

tl;dr people like it for how it feels, not how it plays

there's no way Yea Forums likes this game

I expected a movie game, which it isn't. I don't see any story whatsoever. When did you play it?

You're about halfway. I really enjoyed the last third myself but if you're bored go play something else.

>if you're bored go play something else
you're right, I shouldn't have called the game shit, it's probably just not for me. I didn't like The Witcher 3 despite so many people praising it, and for some time I would even try to force myself to like it and finish it, but I ended up hating the game and I now constantly make jokes and shitpost about it

When it came out. I remember thoroughly enjoying the story. So much so that my friend and I would swap the controller between "missions" while the other watched. Both positions were equally enjoyable.
I do remember that the story didn't follow the typical progression pace. Again, lots of atmospheric shit and small character interactions between plot points. I think most of my enjoyment came from this space between major plot elements. It is not a movie, nor a video game, nor a movie game. It is something else. Maybe your expectations of the game were simply misplaced.

Did you not play the first hour of the game?

I actually forced myself to finish Witcher 3 too, the last 20 hours were a struggle

I just don't see how this game has
>over 200 game of the year awards

Factions is fun as fuck though

is that what MP is called?
I don't see how it can be good with that sensitivity and movement

i hated how this game doesn't require/encourages you to use your brain at any point of the game. i remember some of the puzzles that required you to find and place ladders or planks to bridge a gap before you could progress, and at some points i'd look for an alternative route/explore before realizing what i had to do, but the game gave me no time to figure shit out for myself and instead the camera would just lock onto the object and zoom in. another thing is how painfully linear this game is. it's impossible to go in the wrong direction or get lost because you only have two ways to go: back where you came from or straight forward.
the story is also the walking dead cringe tier bad.

The movie game is a meme. Maybe they did it so well that i didnt notice it. I agree that the game is extremely overrated though.

A lot of people liked it, user. All of your complaints about the game are valid, but it was never praised for any of them. Most reviews focused on the atmosphere and story iirc. The story, while not groundbreaking and certainly not great in and of itself, fit well with the rest of the game.

my thoughts exactly, user

>muh deep zombie story

normies love this shit

It took you ten hours to get to Ellie covering you? At this rate it will take you forty hours to beat the game. The story at that point has moved quite a bit from the start. That is objective fact. You may not like or care for it, but to say 'the story hasn't progressed at all' is the height of hyperbole. It leads me to believe that you are shit posting for (you)s. If you aren't shit posting and this is genuine:
Put it down. If you haven't enjoyed any of what you've seen so far you have zero reason to play anymore of the game. You've already judged it to be shit.probably before you even started playing Move on to something else, because it is just more of the same cranked up from where you are.

I love the gameplay. The Last of Us has one of the best console multiplayer games around, and the mechanics are the same as single player. It's worth buying for Factions alone.

they weren't puzzles

see as for the story, in Walking Dead, for example, there was always something going on, we had to make choices (they didn't matter, okay, but we didn't know that, so it felt intense anyway) etc., while in LoU it's literally just "we need to get that thing", and you're getting that thing by hiding from enemies and exploring from time to time for a couple of hours, then it's oh shit that thing wasn't there, now we need to go there- repeat.

Go back to your japanese shit where the characters have no weight to them all so you can do combo kills, you stupid weaboo faggot

yes, I prefer Japanese games, how could you tell

You seem like a huge faggot zoomer complaining about controls for a game that controls fine and in this decade at that. Factions is too good for you.

Turning the hints off is something that you should have done from the start. I agree wholly that the game is linear, but that doesn't make it bad. Linearity is fine in a game.
Comparing The Last of Us to The Walking Dead is ridiculous. The Walking dead never reaches the level of acting or story in The Last of Us. The Walking dead, especially post season two, is filled with nothing but cardboard cut outs whose sole reason for existing is to be killed in a 'shocking' manner later. The Last of Us lets us build a bond with the characters and sympathize quite easily. They aren't the same just because they both have zombies.

TLoU is way better than the Walking Dead mate

>the gameplay and combat both suck ass.
>It feels as though there is a 1 second input lag
>the sensitivity is painfully slow
Based on this. Only weaboo fags wants
superfast gameplay where you can hoover around with zero weight to your character while button mashing combo damage on some stupid bosses.

yeah, bosses in this one are so smart and cool
OH WAIT LET ME GUESS
>this game is about its story and atmosphere! gameplay isn't important in vidya!

how is it better? the latter at least had some story

>a game that controls fine
only if you haven't played a game that controls well

The Last of Us' gameplay is designed to build tension. I would hesitate to say it is a third person 'shooter'. Because in reality you really aren't shooting that much and if you are you are going to have a really hard time when the game ramps up, or you play it on a higher difficulty mode.

Where does this cancerous idea that a game need to have choices to be good, come from? How many fucking choices do you have in Bing Bing Waahoo? Or in Crash Bandicoot? If the lack of choices is your main criticism of a game you're literally a retarded zoomer.

Fucking THANK YOU.
>yeah, bosses in this one are so smart and cool
OH WAIT LET ME GUESS
I actually like the bosses in The Last of Us. Knowing that they have as much or MORE power than you do is pretty satisfying.

reading is hard, isn't it?
where did I say that
>a game need to have choices to be good
what I said was that playing WD was actually interesting, and I cared about the characters because I knew that my actions could lead to them dying, while here I don't see any story whatsoever and feel nothing towards the characters. There was that prologue which was good, but then it's boring as fuck.

even the death of Tess or whatever her name was didn't make me feel anything, because her character wasn't interesting at all and I, as a player, barely knew her

>I actually like the bosses in The Last of Us. Knowing that they have as much or MORE power than you do is pretty satisfying.
wow running around and shooting once every couple of seconds might be so fun

by the way guys, what are your thoughts on DMC5 and Sekiro?

>reading is hard, isn't it?
>in Walking Dead we had to make choices
>while in LoU it's literally just "we need to get that thing"

Looks like the usual Japanese shit. Ghost of Tsushima will blow both out of the water

what do you mean by "looks like", did you play them?

>there was always something going on

It's not that the game HAS to have choices, but if the gameplay requires no real mecahnical skill beyond a basic ability to use a controller then you'd at least want to have some kind of player input that matters. TLOU doesn't have either, so it's a game you could be near brain-dead and still play just fine.

BING BING WAHOO at least has sections that can challenge you to perform sequences of inputs with a degree of skill and precision. The Walking Dead at least makes the player make decisions (even if they don't actually matter to the whole story). Both of these games actually have a way of engaging the player so that they don't switch their brain off.

TLOU doesn't particularly do either of those, there are basically two types of actual real gameplay in it (i.e. excluding sections where you walk from point A to B while characters talk a bunch or do something completely asinine like pick up a ladder). You're either doing a cover shooting section where you hide behind cover and take occasional pot-shots or you're doing a stealth section where you hide behind cover and wait for the enemies to move so that you can move on to the next pice of cover. The mechanics of either of these sections aren't particularly deep though.

>the gameplay and combat both suck ass.
Hello pleb.

imagine being fine with the fact that it takes about 2 seconds to do a 360 and calling someone a pleb

>wow running around and shooting once every couple of seconds might be so fun
Play something else. The Last of Us is just not for you. It is fun to actually have something in a game that can kill you just as fast or faster than you can kill it. But you keep backtracking and making concessions on every point once someone nails you for being annoyingly obtuse. So I fully expect that to happen again. You not caring for Tess means that you probably don't have much in the way of empathy nor are you invested enough in the characters or the world. The fact that you called Ellie 'the girl' shows that to be true. You couldn't remember her name after admittedly playing the game for ten hours? If you aren't feeling for either protagonist at that point in the game then you really need to put it down. There is nothing that will make you change your mind about it.

I knew her name was Ellie but I didn't know how to spell it so I just wrote "the girl"

>It's not that the game HAS to have choices, but if the gameplay requires no real mecahnical skill beyond a basic ability to use a controller then you'd at least want to have some kind of player input that matters. TLOU doesn't have either, so it's a game you could be near brain-dead and still play just fine.
You will never finish this game on anything higher than the easy mode, you might not even do that. Put the game on 'Grounded' and say that you can play the game while being brain dead. Your argument that the game can be beaten by virtue of being able to hold a controller could be levied at any game ever made. And you are wrong. Go play a few rounds of factions and then come back here and say the game takes zero skill.

I did play on the hardest difficulty so can confirm: it takes no skill to perform. It's hoestly more telling that you think the game is somehow challenging.

Bullshit. I'm calling you on it. You said that you've played the game for ten hours and aren't even quite at the halfway point of the game and you have not experienced almost any of the challenge the game offers. And I fucking know you've never had your shit pushed in on Factions. I'd be glad to 'unskillfully' shoot you in the head with my bow and arrow from across the map.

what's your PSN? i wanna look at your trophies.

>spending money on western games