Halo Infinite - Most Expensive Game?

Halo Infinite is rumoured to be the most expensive game ever made.

>According to German website Xbox Dynasty, Halo Infinite‘s development budget is over $500 million, and that is for development costs alone. This would make Halo Infinite the most expensive video game project ever produced, with a larger budget than even Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2.
gamerant.com/halo-infinite-news-budget-rumor/

Is this good news or bad news?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 22.43.42.jpg (2252x1652, 374K)

Good news

Attached: xbro.png (633x874, 56K)

remember that if you want relevant numbers, you need to omit the marketing budget

>budget is over $500 million, and that is for development costs alone.
Read again

having lots of money dosen't mean the game will be good, it means it could be anything.

Attached: chief22.jpg (1002x1200, 380K)

I wouldn't take that as a fact coming from a rumor

OP rumored to be a faggot?!

>Lived long enough to see Halo become a lootbox game

Based and redpilled.

Attached: 1544026294199.jpg (500x500, 58K)

>rumored
>believing expenses automatically mean good things in an age where CoD dropped it's campaign in favor of a terrible BR mode and "cinematic experience" zombies mode

Mark my fucking words, they claim their wallets hurt when making the game now, but it'll end up all going towards something equally as stupid as what Black Ops 4 did.

THIS

Attached: 1529186877899.jpg (500x375, 96K)

Attached: 12209213.jpg (300x240, 25K)

Vast majority of that money went towards improving the Slipspace Engine.

Remember when Destiny had a similar budget and they spent it all on marketing instead of development?

>Most expensive game ever
>When all it needs to do is just be Halo 3 again
This is most certainly a bad sign.

This basically means it's going to be some open world live service shit, doesn't it?

Attached: 25.png (633x758, 30K)

is like skyrim with giant rings?

This confirms Infinite is an MMO. It already had an MMO esc title.

Attached: 40c.png (463x340, 134K)

Halo: Infinite budget

you see the other side of the ring
*looks at skybox*
you can walk there

Remember:
>RPG elements

What do you even spend that much money on when making a video game? Some celebrity voice actors? Motion capture? Programmers and animators aren't THAT expensive to justify such insanely big budget.

All the Halos were ported to PC and 343 is just throwing in the towel if this doesn't work. Especially with a budget like that.

i cant see halo infinite being over 500 million dollars worth playing

it aint going to sell like gta v

They have the destructive mentality of more = better when it comes to Halo. Always have.

This sounds like the culmination of that. I'm not eager to see Infinite fail, but I await the liberation of such an event nonetheless.

It's gonna flop so fucking hard.

You weren't around for Halo 3 were you

this

more money = more resources to work with but that doesn't mean anything if there's shit direction/shit design/shit management

ah the good old IT COST 500 MILL!! destiny pulled the same BS.

If a bunch is on an engine they can use for other games, it’s not unreasonable.

But more of what? In movies huge 200 million $ budget usually means that they got top actors, and each of them can take up to 30 million per role, so sometimes more than half of the budget is just paying actors. But in a video game? Do they just hire 10k programmers hoping they will somehow make a better game? I really fail to see what they can spend this much money on when making a video game.

To be fair, if anyone can pull a franchise from being almost dead to a brand new beginning that outshines every other franchise on the market, it's Master Chief.

how about you just make a nice game with nice arenas where I can run around and frag master chiefs in.

>Infinite in the title

of course

could also be scanning/photographing/recording for assets + travel costs

If it's anything like the first trillogy I will be impressed. Especially like 1 where it was huge. I don't like to think that mmo's are the end all be all go-to game types for all genre's and titles but....with a budget like that who knows what it will really be like. If we get anything like "quests" i might get turned off big time.

lootboxes here we come

Each main Halo game since 3 has been declining in sales. They would have to be fucking retarded to go through with this.

how much of it is just marketing?

Mate, this is WITHOUT marketing

Well with a PC version it could have better sales than expected.

Bad because $400 million will be spent on marketing good game don't need to cost much look at Soulsborn or Sekiro.

Attached: 1521417099812.jpg (640x628, 40K)

>Giving 343i that much money after Halo 4&5

Yeah this won't totally fuck them over

Attached: 1540177287683.png (658x543, 606K)

How will open-world Halo even work? We're basically going to need quests, character progression, loot..

Already debunked by Frankie and a resetera mod.

LIKE CLOCKWORK

Amen to that. Indie games cost less than 1 million to make, and they end up being better quality games compared to AAA games that cost over 100 million to make and those end up being shittier quality.

Halo franchise isn't as big as it used to be

God of War and Spider-Man sold WAAAAY more than Halo 5

Attached: 59ed666d5f679.jpg (1200x675, 67K)

This is development costs alone, marketing hasn't even been factored in.

Pretty much this. Reminder that Red Dead 2 has a budget of $750M and had 2000+ workers. 343 simply cannot match that input even with the budget.

You can all shut up now, I debunked last night and here.
Do your fucking research before making threads, OP.

Attached: Untitled.png (1577x521, 124K)

Shut the fuck up, Frank

Attached: _m5SzLmU.jpg (400x400, 20K)

even at its peak Halo was never GTA big

Yea sure they'll spend 500 million developing game that not even the underaged people who grew up with don't care anymore. Sounds solid.

But halo stopped being good after the 3rd one...

Not Frank, shut the fuck up bitch and start researching, Halo Infinite doesn't even have close to that amount in budget, stop believing fucking Germans.

get back to work, Frankie

Go back to school and take up researching, Junior.

what a gamble if true. if it flops we will never see another halo game. they better not fuck it up

sounds silly

You guys are stupid.

Oh well, guess you better go back to resetera then.

Waste of money Xbone is dead lmao.

Look at the title. If it succeeds there also won't be another Halo game.

Destiny flop 2: microsoft jigaboo

>if it flops we will never see another halo game
You say that as if its a bad thing

Bad news
Either means it's gonna get ass raped by loot boxes and microtransactions to break even, or if it doesn't sell like gangbusters it's gonna be labeled a failure.
Bigger budgets only demand greater sales to break even beyond what is feasible for your average game, and when games inevitably fail to meet those lofty expectations it's only gonna come back to bite the devs in the ass.

Is going to be the system seller. Literally name one game from Sony that could compete with this?
>the last lesbians
lol

Even if the game fails, remember that MS is loaded with money and losing even a 1 billion dollars is chump change.

Every single time I see this picture of MC I end up thinking BLACKED

Halo Infinite better be the greatest fucking game ever or 343i is done. Another balldrop game would literally be the end of that studio.

Show us gameplay prototypes and pause development if crowd reactions are negative. Follow Blizzard's steps when they made Starcraft 1 and put out good product over good profit.

I don't post there but I make sure to get my information correct and see what the devs have to say before jumping to conclusions like a retard.