You will not be able to play all the games that exist right now in 50+ years because all the distribution services will...

>you will not be able to play all the games that exist right now in 50+ years because all the distribution services will be shut down, physical copies gonna be long lost and all the torrents are gonna long dead

how do we eternally catalog games, Yea Forums?

there are probably some games already that are impossible to play right now unless you find a rare expensive copy

Attached: Yangzhou-Zhongshuge-featured.jpg (2000x1403, 2.68M)

Games are meaningless toys designed for little, mentally underdeveloped children.
Caring about games past the age of 20 is a sign of mental illness.
"gamers" have a bad reputation of either being degenerate, or socially dangerous, because it's the truth, video games do genuinely rot your brain and make you subhuman.
Games shouldn't be preserved or catalogued, they should be used as a cheap distraction and then immediately disposed of.

Just like your mom

hurr durr im so mature y'all are kids

0/10 bait, all of this only applies to old school arcade games and mobile trash, now games can be artistic and story rich

peer to peer will never die

Attached: 8276_6a03.gif (500x499, 368K)

Attached: 526365156419663.webm (800x800, 2.49M)

torrenting will never die despite the increasing censorship and government control over the internet, and as long as emulation and hacking keeps progressing, we'll be able to play all games that were originally digital only like the WiiWare shit and games like Scott Pilgrim (which can be fully emulated now)

At some point there will be a x86 game collection archive with 100,000+ games. You can already find DOS archives and shit. If you think the archive torrents(and whatever comes after torrents) will die you severely underestimate the autism of seeders.
>there are probably some games already that are impossible to play
Yup, there sure are. Tonnes of online browser and flash games are just poof gone. Lots of mmo without a healthy enough community to spawn community servers are already buried. Then as you touched on, the physical copies shit, you can thank collectors for that. Literal scum preventing people from saving the media and some buying up the remaining copies so they can destroy them too.

I'm not talking about P2P itself, I'm talking about individual torrents, they die slowly one by one, no torrent gets seeded eternally, look at TPB now, it's a graveyard, countless of games with 0 leechers and seeders

This bait taste too much like pasta for me, but here is (You) so you can improve.

Attached: stalin loves you.png (596x582, 254K)

as storage space becomes larger we'll just get giant archives of systems of games like we have now with DOS/NES/SNES games, individual torrents will die out and just be replaced with those, also get into a private trackers if you want anything specific

PC will keep shit alive one way or the other, which is why every exclusive should also be released on PC even if a few years after the original release

>you will not be able to play all the games that exist right now in 50+ years
Why would you? They all fucking suck, anyway.

There should be some means of holding anons responsible for bait this shitty.

Like, why would somebody that even has this in their brain even post here? How could one individual be such a faggot?

>as storage space becomes larger
HDD space has been stagnant for several years now, the progress has slowed down significantly, also we've got SSDs now which are supposed to replace hard drives and they have less space, the focus is now on speed instead

But why would you care? You'd still have means of playing YOUR copy of all the games that you have... And there will be new games to play.

Hell, by the way tech is projected to work by then, you will be able to plug in to your haptic VR environment and just play them on an emulator in cyberspace.

Bullshit.

SSDs are not meant to replace HDDs, flash storage is not what you think it is, we also have 20TB HDDs coming out sometime this year, storage space has been rising at a good rate and the potential cap on 2.5in HDD space is insanely massive

nice argument, most people still have 1-2tb space on average, that's exactly the same as 5 years ago, nobody fucking buys 14tb hard drives now

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>we also have 20TB HDDs
that nobody will buy, LITERALLY NOBODY

if you don't see how the progress has slowed down then you're stupid as fuck, all you gotta do is look at the history

~50-100gb was popular in early 2000's, then we moved to 500-1000gb in early 2010's, that is 10 times as much, almost a decade later and most people still don't need more than 2tb of storage

>Spending $1000 on 20tb HDDs when you could buy 20 2tb HDD and a rack and have safe backups/redundancy with RAID

People don't need that much storage space because file sizes haven't caught up with available space.

Just wait. In ten more years 20tb will be the standard.

regular people don't buy those large sizes because the average consumer has no need for 10+TB of storage space, however, enterprise always has a need for massive amounts of storage space and the industry will keep developing whether you meme about it or not, once graphine or whatever the next thing after silicon comes around we'll also experience another tech surge and an accompanying space jump as well.

How often do you play games that were released 10 years ago? not fucking often.

>t. fortnite player

I play games from the 90's/00s more often than modern ones you fucking zoomer

you are right, it's flattening out, but it's not flat yet and doesn't look bad at all.
also tape storage is a real thing.

also, related to OP, . storage is not a big issue. keeping the top 200 games for each year alive won't be cost-prohibitive.if someone will want to build a pirate website he will be able to find old rips one way or another.sure some very small gems will be lost, but the worthy ones won't be. and with companies dying DMCA takedowns won't be frequent for old titles.

Attached: chart-cost-per-gb-2017[1].jpg (720x720, 61K)

>How often do you play games that were released 10 years ago?
Literally all the time.
I was just playing SOTN wich was released 22 fucking years ago.

Attached: 25.gif (500x353, 41K)

lmao this
I played Super Mario World a few days ago.
I played that game when I was like 5 years old 25 years ago.

most of them are just shovelware anyway

How do the upper 5 rows of books stay in place?

Attached: 1532445702165.png (500x600, 10K)

They're probably fake rows after a point

In 50+ years I too will be dead, or at least too old to enjoy vidya anymore.