Ah. Rimworld. The game so good, it feels like I'm getting a rimmer

Ah. Rimworld. The game so good, it feels like I'm getting a rimmer.

Attached: 20180918233400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

I'm burned out until we get a really well done mod that changes raids into a dynamic thing based on regional opposition, roads/river proximity, and so forth. The game cries out for a real political/strategic layer, and currently it feels just half implemented.

>The game cries out for a real political/strategic layer, and currently it feels just half implemented
absolutely. not even half, just a complete placeholder.
I guess it's back to waiting for toady to get around to releasing more world politics/worldgen stuff for DF, maybe by 2030

Do pirate bases even do anything? Seems like they're just glorified loot chests at this point

Must have NOT game changing mods? I have the children one and Hospitality. The game is really comfy.

Don't shave your head
Achtung!
Replace stuff

why is everyone just talking about how badly they want to fuck animals

Attached: 20190410140655_1.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

this. the entire raid system is complete garbage, like something i'd do for a wc3 custom map when i was 14

More Faction Interaction has some of that, kinda.
It lets Pirate factions expand, and if there are bases near your colony they'll begin to demand tribute, and raid if you refuse.

In b4 DF and muh z-levels

Attached: 1551025232716.jpg (220x220, 4K)

What makes Rimworld better than DF? Only played a little of either.

It's basically down to personal taste, DF is more complex while Rimworld is more polished

Attached: 20190407213054_1.jpg (1920x1018, 435K)

Better is in the eye of the beholder.
All it really boils down to is this: RimWorld is simpler than DF, and for that reason, fans of both games feel as if one is better than the other.

It has actual balanced mechanics in those parts of the game:
>farming
>trading
>crafting
>walling
>resource management
DF is just a bag of unbalanced shit with no regard for any design.

Rimworld has its flaws too, it's just that it does everything less bad than DF.

It's not that Rimworld is better than Dwarf Fortress, but Dwarf Fort is made by a fat autistic virgin who may or may not finish the game and can't get a game with no graphics to run without raping your computer to death. A lot of potential in Dwarf Fort but I think with that interface I'd rather play a roguelike than a basebuilder

Shit, I played 200 hours of this and it's only my first colony. I'm very close to spaceship tech, but I really need a break

I want to make a RimWorld clone, but a birds-eye view is ugly and a RTS view hides objects behind walls
What to do?

Attached: Clipboard01.png (1928x1110, 2.09M)

Expose objects behind walls?

rimworld tried to make
>1. citizens that seem like people. clearly defined personalities painted in broad strokes, rather than 20 different personality attributes; interactions between people that make some kind of sense
>2. a game with a beginning, middle, and end, rather than an open-ended world sim that needs you to make your own goals
it largely succeeded. DF is still superior overall with the amount of options and reactive world, but rimworld actually presents as a game with characters rather than as an obtuse universe with moving pixels.

Do what Kenshi does. Buildings go invisible once your characters are inside them.

if it isn't a horrendous amount of work, something like what's in the sims where you can switch between "visible walls" and "invisible walls" might work

3d rotatable camera

This is a problem that's been solved already. Hole in the wall once inside like every CRPG ever made.

stronghold had a feature where if you pressed (or held down, I can't remember) one key, it would temporarily drop the walls from full height to about 2' tall. you could still see where they were and as soon as you released/toggled the button everything would look normal, but then you didn't have to rotate the camera

DF is better in the sheer amount of shit that the game can do.

RimWorld, however, has systems in place that make pawns pretty unique. They feels just a little bit more like they have personalities that you can understand if you pay attention to them. It can't compete with the detail of Dwarf Fortress but its a very strong effort to make a game like it while still being its own thing.

rimjobs: yay or nay, Yea Forums?

Have the offending walls turn to 'cut outs' once a wall is in the way of the camera seeing a pawn.

Alternatively, instead of leaving the game to do this automatically and having that be it remember to also create a toggle so that a player is only ever a button press from being able to properly see their interiors, or so they can check their walls if you simply want to doublecheck walls are all where they ought to be..

Can I take over other villages?

steam world mod update when

Looks better and you can win. Also I care more about people in Rimworld than dorf in DF, upgrading my people with bionics is fun.

You can destroy them. That's all.

Thanks a lot man.

Post some hidden gem mods. Big or small.

Anybody else only ever make all female lesbian colonies? I just can't do it any other way

Just destroy them. Also if you destroy pirates you get a relationship bonus with all other factions.

Best mod coming through

Attached: 20181120194426_1.jpg (1654x1302, 318K)

I like the genetics mod. Not exactly hidden gem though.

That would make most walls transparent all the time though

I never played a CRPG

All good ideas, I'm especially gonna try rotating and the way The Sims seems to render walls very soon

.......apart from that what do you think about a first person view with direct control and only being able to control "your" character directly while all other colonists are AI controlled?

Attached: medium.png (400x212, 144K)

I wish raids were more varied, fun and balanced. Raid size being dirrectly related to your turret number seems like an easy and boring solution. Surgeries should be much harder IMO, sometimes I don't pay attention and some low rated scrub tries to operate and it still has 65%+ success rate.

Even if you do that do you think that PCs will be able to handle all that? Game has to process shit ton of information, build entire world etc.

I do not play on any terrain other than mountain, fight me.

* Kenshi walls just look a bit weird to me because with ~1m high barriers also existing it seems like people inside could be shot from the outside

Attached: Kenshi-large-18.jpg (1100x618, 84K)

Performance shouldn't be an issue
I'm very autistic about optimization

Also I want to go for regular maps, not simulating the whole world at once

Don't you find that whole prevention of infestation boring?

that's a cool idea. I like it. The games are already mostly AI controlled anyway.

Imagine being this tranny

I'm actually a biological mail who just likes lesbians. (not real life ones)