Any fun build recommendations for a beginner? I haven't played a CRPG in years

Any fun build recommendations for a beginner? I haven't played a CRPG in years.

Attached: divinity-original-sin-2-definitive-edition-modalita-arena-1.jpg (1280x720, 285K)

just bee urself

last time I played it necro+warrior was bonkers but that was almost at release

Water+air mage is fun

It's better to have your entire party be spec'd for one specific type of attack, rather than to have a well balanced composition, due to the nature of how magic/physical shields work.

I would also recommend ranged over melee.

Teleport in 1 party member + knock down moves + huge leaps and enjoy chessing the shit out of everything

get a point into telekenesis, pick up the chest weapon chest on the boat, toss it on people. Get 1 point into necromancy. Once you are off the boat just put barrels and other heavy shit in the chest and enjoy your free win. To move around just have one guy sit on the ship with the chest and once you enter combat, just move the chest over to your main through the shared inventory.

Lone wolf double ranger.

Warfare+Polymorph for like 5-6 knockdowns

Attached: RedPrince.png (326x333, 142K)

Is lonewolf still easy mode even on higher difficulty?

One-handed grenadier-sapper is the most fun endgame build for any character. Especially moreso when you have at least one elemental crossbow archer in the backrow.

Skelyman is fun

just run 2 magic and 2 physical guys and don't listen to the retards like you are showered in off-type damage abilities, and enemies have ludicrously lopsided defenses

I played the game as 2 magic 2 physical and regretted it half way through. Replayed with all ranged and crunked it.

Yes. Double stats across the board means that you can actually kill things easily while not immediately getting raped by CC, but having the exact same AP spread across four characters means that every unit you have in four-man can only act twice, and God help you if any of them have low armor, because they'll get eaten like it's nothing. Add that to the fact that you're only manipulating armor and weapons for two characters rather than four and you get efficiency and extra money that is pretty much unmatched.

Is it possible to play solo, as in, without other party members?

Then you're retarded.

Yes but it's balanced for either two members with lone wolf or a 4 man. See if there's a mod for solo play or else it's gonna be pain

Honestly I used to agree with you in that split damage builds permit you to abuse the weakpoints of any enemy that has horrible magical or horrible physical armor, but after having played a Full Fire four-man team, I learned that there's really extremely little the enemy can do to stop you from hammering one defense type until they lose it, and then CC locking them or just plastering them with tons of damage until they melt.

Attached: 44758.jpg (960x540, 51K)

That's why you have shit like chloroform, medusa head, sucker punch, shield toss, and warfare knockdowns.

Pyro mage is busted in Definitve Edition with the Torturer talent.
Just ignite people and then use Combustion on them to insta kill everything but bosses

Yes, but if I don't need to worry about splitting my damage types, I can just rope in targets with Teleportation and Nether Swap and hammer them with either physical or magical AoE and CC the ones who are most weak to an susceptible to a damage type while focus-firing those who aren't. If you put the whole enemy group in one little ball and the only one who will deal with a Battle Stomp is a heavily armored knight or some shit, you have three enemies already knocked down, and one who can very, very easily get beaten to the point where he'll also be susceptible without needing to worry if his magic armor is still up. Alternatively, if you do the same with dazing bolt and hail strikes, you can just freeze/stun lock an entire group with ease. Cohesion is really important.

It's not that I disagree with you either, because split damage types are better if you have a tactical advantage. But it's so much more work than the game actually cares to demand of you.

>Builds

I just go pure into one class.

>fun build
>D:OS
They're all the same shit, the only difference being which skillset doesn't have teleports and which doesn't have cures.

One type of mage I never understood is Aero/Hydro. Their attacks either deal 0 damage for too much AP or turn the entire battlefield into a clusterfuck of aids.
Geo/Pyro is much better

>Yes, but if I don't need to worry about splitting my damage types
Yeah, you don't. You're absolutely swamped with abilities that let you deal the damage you're not specialized in.

>Their attacks either deal 0 damage for too much AP
You don't use those for damage.
Aero has two teleports and mass stuns while Hydro has cures and MA regens, if you want damage you either go Pyro or Necro, and if you want to be an asshole you go Aero/Pyro/Poli.

>Just ignite people and then use Combustion on them to insta kill everything but bosses
Combustion's damage rapidly falls off by the time you get to the mid/end of Act 2, it's pretty cheap though so you can still pull it off once in a while as long as you get 2 turns worth of burn and have nothing else to use, but even there, you'd still be better off casting something like Laser Ray or Supernova with Shackles of Pain, as long as you don't want to play cheap and just instakill most things with Terrain Transmutation, I guess.

Honestly for first time run do your standard fantasy builds. If you want to really meme shit up go full on telekinesis+strength+a box... There are plenty of "unbreakable" no hp boxes in the game and you can fill them with unlimited goods. Basically keep it as full as your strength lets you carry it and use telekinesis to robust the fuck out of people with it at a distance. Also, if you have a dagger on you can distance backstab with the box.....