Why do we hate GamePass again? It's also just $1 a month

Why do we hate GamePass again? It's also just $1 a month.

Attached: D3yxOawUcAAs4k8.jpg (1200x675, 203K)

We don't hate GamePass. We hate Microsoft.

Hi shill.

>hating consumer friendly practices
jealous snoy

Attached: xbrop.png (488x663, 103K)

shut up and go away

We don't. Gamepass is fucking great all things considered.

>Jealous of being milked by Uncle Phil for bargain bin crumbs to advance MS' cancer
Apply yourself.

Virtually every single first party game that has launched on Game Pass has been dogshit, and it's likely because "they can get it cheap on Game Pass.". These devs don't fucking care anymore now that their games can be had for such a cheap price.

that’s old/v/ you’re thinking of

>milked
>$1 for a 3 months so I can play a 150 games

Games as a service is cancer. Have fun with your digital collection when the XGP program ends.

There's no getting to these people. If you have to even pay a single penny for something, they bash it as a jewish ploy to destroy the west.

>These devs don't fucking care anymore now that their games can be had for such a cheap price.
I agree man, a 92 score, wtf are they thinking? thats way too low!

Attached: forzahorizon4_2489263b.png (1230x1595, 2.25M)

i would be absolutely furious considering i just paid $12 for a whole year!
>imagine being this poor

>sign up for 1$
>Play and beat Prey and MHW
>cancel subscription when the month is up
What is the single negative in this? Why should I pay around 40$ to play both of those games when I could just pay 1$?

It's the direction the industry is forcibly moving towards to combat piracy and cut costs on physical distribution. Video games are moving towards the way of the music and tv/movie industries, effectively becoming spotify and netflix.
Next gen consoles will have a cheaper model without a bluray drive and be internet only for like sub $200 alongside the regular model.a

Oh wow another fucking annual racing game from a series with 20 fucking annual racing games.

good. i hope so.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal if you just want to try a game or play it once, it's essentially just digital rental. The problem is that they're trying to push stuff like this as an alternative to actually owning games, and it's even worse than the usual digital vs physical problem in that regard.

Also, who plays MH to beat the campaign?

>Squirt squirt squirt
>Moooooooo

Attached: it's failed doctor asher madan!.jpg (400x400, 43K)

Wish there was more PC stuff but great value compared to PS now from what I've seen

Attached: cYYkj7M.jpg (1624x837, 198K)

I mean, I don't see myself playing MHW for more than a month, so it's a good deal for me. I get what you're saying though. This problem is much larger than the game industry. Moving to digital is a global thing.

PS Now is fucking garbage.

can't believe that shit is $20 per month

>Horizon 4
>20 games
>first game in 2012
>4 games
>annual

Attached: 1552733852387.jpg (251x242, 8K)

mentally ill

>play it once
Why play it once when I play for 3 months? That's more than enough to finish playing Prey.

Attached: Asher.png (882x3135, 445K)

There's been 11 forza games released over 15 years...pardon my counting abilities you Xfag.

Do they still make you pay based on the amount of time you want to rent the game? Back when I first tried it, they wanted me to pay pretty much the price of a used copy of that game just to play it for 90 days.

Dan Greenawalt's V-TEC Masterclass and its bastard Burnout Paradise knockoff alternate every year. Well, they did until Greenawalt is probably going to skip this year because the two year turnaround has completely fucked the series' quality.

comparing motorsport and horizon is like comparing doom and arma

>implying they don't pay reviewers for positive ratings

By "play it once" I meant doing a single playthrough. In other words you like it enough to finish it in your subscribed time but wouldn't play it again.

nuNFS is the BP knockoff tho

Attached: 220d50b8d00bf57d1b7b1bc9c66a4fcac0d51a3c.jpg (487x498, 78K)

>Windows Central shill seething for getting called out again
Maybe Greenberg will finally give you that handjob you've been holding out for at the next Xbox Cuckfest.

doesn't show up as $1 for me but i have it paid until december. someone made a thread that said it will be $1 for 3 months on the 11th.

exactly.
why would you play sp games more than once

Not sure but I tried it out for Bloodborne and oh man it's just a bunch of old shit and with a few bigger titles sprinkled in there

Gamestop used to do something similar where you could buy a game, play it, but return it full price within a month or so. I think something like this would be good if you're a student and had the summer off.

yeah they'll start the deal for it tomorrow

keep seething about your boogeyman mentally ill user

I like digital MonHunW very much.

If they ever putted DaS3 on the game pass then i would be set to go.

Attached: 1554836190081.jpg (1024x973, 137K)

Because it's fun and you want to replay it? Is that legitimately confusing to you?

ok... how about... i just pay $1 for gp again instead of buying it for full price

MHW is a huge fucking get. Fucking surprised to see that there.

Gamepass is honestly one of the best thing to happen to gaming. Bought my brother a Xbone S, and instead of buying any game, just got him Gamepass. That's more than enough game to keep him satisfy for years

>MHW
Was not expecting that.
Capcom must really love the program after throwing UMvC3 and MvC Infinite on it.

I get it overtime it's up for a dollar, love playing Forza and Doom, it's fucking well worth it for games like that that I didn't care enough to get. And it's usually $1 around my family get-togethers so it's nice to have a bunch of games for the zoomers to play. Sadly I'm a bit of a moron and have spent like $30 forgetting to cancel the sub

Dead Rising 2 and 3 as well although 3 is no longer on it.

Oh yeah, let's just support and normalize subscription services, that will SURELY not end with new games being tied to subscription services, because they're totally NOT exactly where major publishers want to end up due to extremely low costs, next to no control on the user's end and the ability to gate whatever they want!

Attached: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (367x332, 22K)

PS Now is good if you don't have a PS3, you don't mind streaming the games AND you get the yearly sub on sale.
The PS4/PS2 selection is dog shit, even if it's nice that you don't need to stream them if you have a PS4.
$20/month is fucking insane though. Game Pass is $10/month at full price.
However a year of PSNow is $100 vs. $120 for Game Pass.

That's pretty shit mate but I kinda feel you. Just bought 6 months for price of 3. Should've just waited and used this deal and save the other subscription for later to stack

As long as no one is stupid enough to sub at full price and people keep buying games, it'll be fine.

If you don't care about actually owning the games and are fine with your $400 consoles turning into glorified Redbox rental stations then go right ahead.

You could just buy used, play it and return it when you're done, or keep it if you liked it.

It's convenient and cheap. Maybe you enjoy carrying discs and being forced to swap them all the time, I don't.

This service allows me to get a cheap digital version of a game that I had already shelved some time ago.

So, we're fucked then? Literally when has hoping people don't throw their money at bullshit ever not ended with people throwing their money at bullshit?

This won't be like Netflix, we won't be able to buy and own the games and ignore the subscription services, there will be no alternative once subscription and streaming services become the norm for games.

Not really your best argument is just a slippery slope fallacy that assumes the worst. Wh*te fragility, I swear.

Attached: Xenoblade2-10.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

I don't want subscription services to replace ownership, and it 100% will once its been normalized. Why would MS keep selling games if they can sell subscription services that make more money? No physical copies to produce, no store to curate and maintain, just a subscription service that leaves users completely at the behest of the content provider.

>sony gives out movies
>nintendo gives out nes games
>microchad gives out fully fledged games
another day, another W

Attached: 3EB67E02-D4AE-4D9D-ACDB-613AC6E5B900.png (666x656, 113K)

In what country do you live in which you can buy a game, play it and return it for absolutely no reason?

I've tried that since the PS2 generation and nearly every retail store tells me that not liking a game isn't a good excuse to return it.

The xbox library looks pretty dead to me desu
Like 90% of it are western shooters and racing games

Attached: 5cd.jpg (600x693, 43K)

t. CEO of Gamestop

Arent games as a service, shit like the division 2, Anthem, Overwatch, rainbow 6 siege where they keeo updating the game but also putting more ways to ask players fir money?

Should shit like gamepass or Google stadia be also called the same?

>Man I sure wish I still owned that game I already played through, finished and thoroughly exhausted

Said no one 99% of the time. And for those rare cases where you do care you can just buy them. For the other 99 times you just play through once and never do it again, don't kid yourself.

>"Guys, don't worry, it'll be fine, its just optional horse armor!"
>"If they're only cosmetic its okay, they won't be in single-player games!"
>"Its just one more proprietary launcher even though launchers are 100% not necessary for games to function, what's the big deal?"

Yeah, heard this shit before. We all know where this is heading. MS is positioning to leave the console hardware business, why the fuck do you think they're not going to transition to a service model?

And then you actually go to the store and see it filled with weaboo garbage.

I replay single-player games all the time, maybe play something other than western AAA story-shit that actually has replay value and isn't a vehicle for the writer's shitty B-movie plot.

Attached: 1286038049390.gif (172x129, 509K)

>Bethesda makes shitty DLC so video games as a service will destroy the industry!!!

calm down

Why do you hate paid public restrooms? Its only $1

>its okay if you loose 80% of your purchase
>at least you gave money to gamestop!

I'd agree with your comparison but paid bathrooms have the advantage of not being used by faggots who smear shit all over the walls and make toilet paper piss nests in the middle of the room

At least it's garbage that doesn't feel like its trying nickle and dime me for my pocket money and offers various game mechanics with thought and soul put into it

fpbp
Physical or bust

Yea Forums hates game pass because it's filled with nintendo and sony fans.

And then you try Black Desert Online