Why havent you gotten one yet? Now that you can hack them they are extremely versatile

why havent you gotten one yet? Now that you can hack them they are extremely versatile

Attached: 30680755-7DD0-40AD-B88A-D6A347A72936.png (226x223, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=byDS4G-xDls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How versatile? Is it better than SNES Classic?

Versatile how? I can already play most relevant PSX games on a decade-old handheld

No analog sticks.
Shit games.

And even if I were to hack it it cant run PGXP perspective correction. You arent getting the authentic experience, and you arent getting the best experience, just a shit experience.

>vita is ten years old

Attached: 3df62adc3b28cc69ea9099a435646caa.jpg (236x282, 22K)

Emulation is free.

Attached: 1366783660169.jpg (206x200, 7K)

PSP with TV out is better in literally every way.

Supports the Dual Shock 3 natively, perfect PS1 hardware emulation, can continue playing whatever in handheld mode, can also play PSP and GBA games.

It's like a Switch, only with a decent library of games and it actually fits in your pocket.

Just get a raspberry pi.

I already have a PSTV.

PSP emulation of the PS1 isn't perfect, and emulation of the GBA is worse.

Is epsxe still a good choice for emu shit? I haven't opened it in almost a decade but all this ps classic talk is making me want to play some of my old isos.

You don't even need that. Any phone worth a shit can run PSX games.

Fuck, I was actually referring to the fat PSP, and realized that's been out for even longer

Stop lying and shilling. It's dead just like Kusony itself.

even it if was free I wouldn't take one

>implying all the actually good psx games aren't already remade or easily playable on any average toaster laptop

In a time where you can emulate any PS1 or N64 game better than this console can on even a smartphone for FREE, who the fuck is dumb enough to buy these cheap rom machines? It doesn't even feel like a classic Playstation

Unless I found one for 20 bucks or so I dont care. Yeah, being cheap

PSP also exists and has been cheaper for a decade. Some games were even rereleased there

>it doesnt even come with any of the crash or spyro games
That's like releasing the SNES Classic without Super Mario World or Donkey Kong Country. What the fuck were they thinking?

much better

it also does psp on retroarch

it has analog support for ds4 now... and any iso can be put on it with just a usb it can probably run whatever you were asking for anyways

its not HDMI and it has retroarch so access to more than psp

94m

>touch controls

>pc
>soulless

They were thinking that both of those games were being remastered and they wanted to make more money selling those versions of them

can you read? you can hack them and add anything now

>touch controls

No plebian, every android phone has a peripheral designed to be attached and work as buttons, cope. Even laptops and basic shit pcs can play ps1 games with AA enabled, there is literally no reason to own this piece of shit stop shilling it

Wouldn't putting those games on the system make them more money, since people who were dissatisfied with the remasters would want to buy it, or people who played the remasters and wanted to experience the originals could buy it?

I wish I had picked up a PSTV two christmases ago when they were like 25 bucks.

Is it worth paying the $125+ they go for now?

>emulation of the GBA is worse
Depends on the game, I can run Pokemon Emerald perfectly, or indeed quite a bit faster than normal speed with the turbo mode on. It's maybe like 50% faster. Pokemon FireRed for some reason doesn't go quite as fast with Turbo - it only goes a little faster than 100%, but still faster. But for an example of a game which doesn't run quite as well Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 stutters sometimes when running. It's still definitely very playable, it's going 100% most of the time, but sometimes it stutters.

Also bear in mind I don't have the very latest version of the GBA emulator because I haven't updated it in years, but the latest version probably won't have made any giant leaps in performance.

The remasters are identical in gameplay though, the average person is not going to play through a ps1 game then go out and buy the exact same game with ps4 graphics really shortly after, maybe MEGA fans and people with a lot of money to burn would but not the average consumer they are targeting with these nostalgia consoles and games.

If your TV is any bigger than 15 inches PSTV is useless, it's a tiny resolution stretched across the screen. I tried it on my 50 inch tv and it was absolutely aids to the point of being unplayable

>wanting to antialias a 240p console
>those shitty chinese universal controllers
OH NO NO NO

Literally the only game that used dualshock was fucking ape escape and theres a $10 adaptor on amazon for ps4 controller support and other options

I might buy one for the controllers and then throw the shitbox away.

>PSP emulation of the PS1 isn't perfect
It's played everything I've thrown at it flawlessly. Even the Spyro games work without issue.

>using a Dualshock
>without analog sticks

its ok for the games I want to use it on.
analogs would be better of course.

You're obviously just a console pleb if you are unaware how much ps1 emulation cleans up the games and makes them look 20x better. The games were never designed to look like shit user, they just played like shit on the underpowered ps1 youtube.com/watch?v=byDS4G-xDls

It costs you your soul.

Android notoriously has shit external controller drivers with massive input lag.

>not emulating

also what TF is wrong with that controller? it looks like it has been in an accident...

enhancing isnt emulating stop mutilating ps1 games to look like shitty android games that lose all their soul

You can get a real Vita for that money, so no, not really.

I heard Spyro & Crash trilogies plus Crock:legend of the gobbos(only reason to own a PSX) aren't even on it? like, WHAT THE F MAN.

Attached: crashbandicootislandspointnemo.png (1494x1714, 1.93M)

Oh it's definitely a good emulator, but there are a couple games it struggles with. Framerates are generally a little poorer than on real hardware (noticeable in the 60fps Ridge Racer bonus disc), and some games have graphical glitches.
But it's totally good enough to be your goto option.

It does depend on the game, I find a lot of games need frameskipping to get by.
GBA emulation hasn't improved much over the years, but SNES emulation has gotten quite a lot better. If the game doesn't use Mode 7 or expansion chips you can basically expect it to run at full speed with no frameskipping.

No. Just get a real Vita, and don't get one just for PS1 games.
With homebrew you can sync proper controllers. If you want to use it on a big screen, you can also use homebrew to get video-out over USB (though you must either cut the framerate to 30 or drop the resolution).

Because I own a chipped PSone, a PS2, a PS3, a Vita, a PS TV and a computer

Attached: IMG_20190314_185356.jpg (540x518, 41K)

Stealth chip? some DRM can detect regular chips.

A PSnee. I got an original one because I fell for the CRT meme. They're okay but not important for PS1. Actually, I'd say CRTs are only important for PS2.

Attached: 1549756410899.jpg (960x720, 263K)

Considering the default controllers are digital I would rather just run an emu on my PC.

why not emulate though?

epsxe is the zsnes of ps1 emulators. With that being said it's a godsend if you're trying to emulate ps1 games on weaker hardware. Just go for pcsx-rearmed nowadays

I have emulators and lack the compulsive need to collect e-waste, you manchild.

I have a PSTV already. Cost me 77usd and I can play PSP, Vita and PSX games on my TV with a DualShock 3 controller. My only grip its the input lag on PSX emulation. It feels a little weird. This doesnt happen at all with PSP or Vita games tho. Can Retroarch fix the input lag of PSX games on a PSTV?

>e-waste

why would we care?

It's not about the environment, user. It's the amount of dosh you blow on low-value "collectable" trash. It's irresponsible at best and retarded at worst. I bet you cover your desk with toys at work, too.

the amount of metal is limited, thus e-waste is sad even on a pragmatic level?

...Did you take too many antidepressants this morning, m8?

e-waste that goes out of recycle rolation drives the price up, less supply of these metals. It's good crypto is banished in most of the world as that cancer did so too.