Graphics, sound design, and writing don't matter, only gameplay does

>Graphics, sound design, and writing don't matter, only gameplay does

Attached: 1554905689914.png (478x523, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FJEcC_iHlkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

said no one ever

I like it user, very cutting edge
Think of better post next time though, retard

It's already been an hour, I'm surprised only now somebody made it into a wojak

>Despite the name, they are not empty but instead consist of a huge amount of matter packed densely into a small area
Yikes user, you played yourself this time

If I wanted graphics I would see a movie, if I wanted sound I would listen to music, if I wanted writing I would read a book.

waoifpopFFFF-

Attached: 653342.jpg (478x523, 105K)

>read book
>listen to music
>watch movie
>enjoy art and design of game, not gameplay

>be Prototype 2
>bad at writing and story in general
>complete upgrade on gameplay
>still gets trashed

A black hole brain means it makes everyone around it dumber but it never provides anything.

All of those things are in service of the gameplay.
They are important but they can't carry the game.

Gameplay matters the most though
It's not the only thing that matters, but it should be worth at least 50% of a game's score

Pacing > Gameplay

Shit pacing cant save a game no matter how good the gameplay is.

what is Dwarf Fortress

What are some games where you can see the death of a white dwarf?

Attached: blacked.png (1060x768, 375K)

something that makes its own story and writing as it goes

Except that's true. I can enjoy a pixel indie game far more than most AAA games with their fancy graphics and cinematic stories. I'd rather just enjoy a nice simple romp through a shmup or a platformer.

Oh is this the black hole from sweden?

Ive seen a bunch of Yea Forumstards say that

True, your post proves it

What started this black hole meme today?

Attached: OwO_black_hole.jpg (2048x1193, 327K)

The first picture released of a black hole

No, it’s from Messier 87

Of all galaxies, why one so far away?

Somehow I think that those were sepparate Yea Forumsirgins saying things like "I don't really care for graphics as long as the game is fun "

Because most of our telescope pictures are literally the stars perfectly aligning, it also verifies the scale of the big fucker that it's even that visible.

haven't read a lot about it yet, but I'm guessing that it's because
>the black hole is very massive
>it has a large accretion disk and massive jets, which is why it "glows" so much
>it's located a region of space that isn't obscured by too much material in our own galaxy

>people actually think that's a real picture of a black hole

People fail to understand that it takes some sort of balance to make a good game. If you have aspects that are actively bad it can spoil the whole experience. Prototype 2 had such awful writing that I honestly hope those that wrote and approved that garbage fire plot never work again.

Some games don't need any writing, like Tetris or some arcade titles. They're appreciated for interesting mechanics and action, and typically have good sound design. In this case, No Writing > Bad Writing.

Lots of people appreciate movie games, even though I don't. Even though they're light on gameplay, they at least don't have unresponsive controls or other problems that make gameplay annoying. You could say "No" Gameplay > Bad Gameplay.

I guess what I think is that as long as you don't have some part of your game that actually pisses people off, it's possible to make up for weak aspects with strength in others.

Attached: 4gqtz.jpg (500x376, 186K)

only gameplay can turn your game from decent to unplayable

>everything is fake news!

Space engine needs to be updated

Attached: X7fQkrX.jpg (1200x1000, 166K)

Attached: big black hole.webm (420x236, 2.78M)

For some reason this gave me anxiety.

Then i wold watch a movie instead of "playing" a game.

Braindead here,why people spam this shit now?

I won't care about NASA until they release something of decent quality.

its the first picture of a black hole ever

Damn you niggas work quick

Football manager in ultra low graphics is top ludo you pleb.

WHIIRRR

Then what are these pics of your mom I have here?

>roguelike
>your imagination creates the graphics, sounds and writing
>it is better than anything a team of highly paid professionals could produce

Sometimes I wonder what it is like to not have any creativity. It sounds incredibly dull; only enjoying the entertainment that is force fed to you by another.

Space is scary. The one that always gets me is the thought of freefalling into a gas giant

just play any Tony Hawk game (up to 4) on mute

>Phoenix Cluster

Attached: 1554432418955.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Gameplay matters the most, all the other ones are secondary but still essential to a good game.
Mount and blade for example looks fucking horrible but gameplay and story carry it
And opposite to it we have rise(that xbone game) and the order(that PS4 game) both look amazing and have stories written by paid autors but I think we can all agree that they are the most dull/boring games ever made

Saying that should be a sin
Hard mode: burnout on mute

I know what you mean, as soon as the first one appeared it gave me the jibblies

Wouldn't the pressure kill you early on?

Gameplay>artsyle>sound>story>"graphics"
Imo

for some reason the mars sized black hole was way scarier than the next one
I don't know if it's because I cannot comprehend the size or if it's comically huge or it just doesn't matter anymore at that point
but having a mars sized insignificant little fucking excuse of a black hole eat you sound humiliating

what I have heard falling in to a high gravity point would strech you out in to spaghetti which would feel good at first but then rip you apart painfully

Solid opinion
confusedBane.jpg

this but unironically

Attached: owo.png (1037x575, 212K)

You'd still be falling for a while as the pressure steadily grows, and reach pitch black darkness soon

they matter, but not more than gameplay

But of course you'd probably be torn to shreds by the high winds first. Still scary.

This but unironically.
Name ONE (1) good game with bad gameplay.

t. Naughty Dog

Papers, Please

That's true, though. It's also one of the many reaons Fortress Forever > TF2, FF has way less eyecandy and focuses more on good gameplay

>be OP
>like a shit game with "good" writing
>get mad that people don't like the shitty gameplay

It all matters

*dabs on graphic manlets*

Attached: images (45).jpg (300x450, 25K)

What's the appeal to that game? It just seems like some point-and-click shit with basically 1 screen for the whole game.

Space is sublime

I unironically say the less strawman version of it:
Gameplay matters more than graphics, sound design and writing combined.

>TF2
>eyecandy
Cosmetics destroyed the game’s artstyle. Watch a vanilla game, everything looks very tight and there’s no useless particle effects.

youtube.com/watch?v=FJEcC_iHlkM

Do you think they self identify as >people?

Poor OP, his brain was so big that its gravitational pull made it collapse onto itself

>TF2 is now 21gb
>most of this is useless garbage for subhuman normaltards who even lift

Attached: 1545606953099.png (501x585, 22K)

>I want my graphics to complement gameplay, sound and writing

Attached: 1530629222723.png (345x458, 60K)

“Games as a service” truly was a mistake. It just leads to bloat and to people demanding balance patches instead of making a counter play

Of course they matter, they can drag a good gameplay down

fuck off with that shit, I'm not leaving home this week
you and me bro

A sun can't be that heavy, can they? I mean, they're just floating in space. If they're that heavy they would just fall downwards.

>Having more fun playing Tetris 99 than most of this year's shitty releases.

But its true.

They are magnetic and float despite being heavy

(You)

I loved this webm

this

based and redpilled
knowing blackholes are fake science is the real world science, not fake matrix reality

I'm playing Celeste without sound and skipping storyboard segments RIGHT NOW. How is what you are saying not the truth?

If black holes aren't real then how do niggers take a shit?

Niggers don't shit, they can only give births.

Then why are there no black fathers?

>When a visual novel is able to take all these elements and balance them almost equally
Puhuhuhu

Each time a nigger defecates, they need to sacrifice a bit of their body. However, father-niggers, being male, must sacrifice their life to be reborn. Try shooting a nigger with an overkill weapon, like anything 20mm. you'll see they'll splatter into shit to reincarnate.

because the gameplay was still bad

>Mount and blade for example looks fucking horrible but gameplay and story carry it
>mounain blade
>story

Attached: [RyuujiTK] Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur S2 - 01 (11) [720p].mkv - 06;36;35.903.png (1280x720, 1.24M)

>he thinks pictures actually exist

Get a load of this retard

Idiot.

Brutal Legend

You can't fight change
you can't fight gravity

Attached: dutch profile.jpg (572x572, 55K)

any jrpg

reallstic graphics dont matter
writing doesn't matter
sound design matters
and gameplay is the single most important part of it all

He said good games.

>what is tetris?

Information only escapes a black hole very very slowly (scale of billions or even trillions of years) via hawking radiation, so its apt. Absorb everything but can't produce anything.

Is this why cosmos is black? It's just a big as fuck black hole in the background?

VtMB

>sound design

Since all modern game soundtracks suck now zoomers use this term?

Isn't a big part of gameplay those other things? It's not like these components act independently.

Theres an EA joke somewhere to be found here

>gameplay doesn't matter in video games
What a bold position.

>brain is so big that is collapses under its own gravity and forms an accretion disk
Who is the real brainlet here?

black hole chan when?

Dude Tetris 99 is far too good to be true
I was more hyped for Tetris 99 than anything else

How are those good if the gameplay is bad?
I disagree about JRPGs having bad gameplay.

Gameplay=sounds=writing.
Graphic could be a little behind but it should be as creative not muh realism fix everything.

All of this is so unimpressive to me. Come back when you can get a snapshot of a planet getting sucked into the black hole. Until then, stop being impressed by a shit image

Go fly around in Space engine.

t. buttblasted asshat zoomy asses

There literally are thousands of planets that have been torn apart swirling around in that image, though. We'd never be able to perceive it as a planet by the time it starts to be swallowed by the hole.

It could be the fact that an infinite amount of these exist in our universe, there's plenty of other non black hole entities like that one that blasts pure energy across lightyears of space in a single beam with the energy to obliterate earth in a moment

wow everyone stop what you're doing user is not impressed

>monkey sniffs a book, not impressed

The real brainlet is actually believing that's a picture of a black hole.

The black hole spam got old within an hour. What's with Discord trannies trying to paint themselves as science-loving intellectuals?