youtube.com/watch?v=0gQckOZPrYs
youtube.com/watch?v=xU0SppobxrE
youtube.com/watch?v=HUYVblNsK6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vVrJTElgsXo
youtube.com/watch?v=cQyOlsNCgVE
youtube.com/watch?v=qfCs4QzVwbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nb_NARJXLmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I played 2hu, otherwise it seems like hipster garbage.

Attached: ps001.jpg (640x400, 75K)

Yeah, dungeon crawlers and other kinds of RPGs. Total hipster shit. Noone plays those.

Attached: gyakutama02.jpg (640x400, 109K)

Not on a fucking meme machine.

On PC? There are several good PC98 emulators out there.

Attached: sei.png (640x400, 31K)

because outside the 80s anime aesthetics they are pretty fucking awful as games

How do you figure?

Attached: 94498.jpg (640x400, 240K)

I've played all the pre-Windows Touhou games and some old Falcom games.
Popful Mail is fun, but I prefer the SFC version.

Attached: Popful Mail PC98.jpg (990x665, 411K)

That doesn't make the hardware it was created for any less retarded.
Don't worry about it my man, you are an epic gamer for playing obscure weeb shit.

>weeb shit.
Not that guy, but why did you think posting this would make anyone give a shit about your opinion? It shows you don't know shit.

It was a widely popular series of PCs in Japan.

The only retarded person here is you, you fucking nigger. Run back to some Sekiro thread or whatever you faggots play now.

learning japanese currently

>この子はニート
that confused me for a sec

>Why didn't you get into PC98 games yet?

I'm not a grammalogist, but that doesn't seem like proper English. Shouldn't it be haven't/gotten?

by having played quite a bunch of them and read about the ones I didnt
You wouldnt believe the grind/obscure as fuck solutions to shit/really underwhelming payoffs, yes the girls look good but the "sex scenes" are so bad

>PC98
>not weeb shit
Do you have brain problems?

because most of them are on fucking japanese only

No, but thinking "weeb shit" means anything of value indicates that you might.

It's japanese?

Because that art style makes me think of eroge, and then I get disappointed when it isn't.

Many of them are. In fact all the ones posted itt.

Because i'm on PC10 and it has terrible compatibility with older systems

Attached: it's happened.jpg (571x347, 15K)

i miss this art style its all blob shit now

>It's Japanese/anime style and therefore bad based on my completely uninformed and retarded opinions
Is invariably how it's used. Like I said, nothing of value.

I don't understand moonrunes and I've got a terrible memory so learning it is out of the question.

Well then, now I'm interested.

Where did I say it was bad? You are so fucking insecure about playing weeb shit that you are literally shaking about nothing right now.

Attached: rinkangakkou02.jpg (640x400, 64K)

You know what, you're right. It was my mistake to think you'd use a retarded phrase in the way other retards would use it and also my fault for paying attention to anything you posted.
Carry on.

Idk why don't you give me some recommendations and I'll try it out.

Yeah, you are absolutely braindead. Exactly what you would expect of a weeb faggot.

Seek mental help.

You first, child.

May this be a lesson to not use terms you don't understand, then.

Jesus fuck. It's hard to even imagine what got you so mad. You being a discord tranny?

Because I barely know any nip and can't use a text hooker with an emulator (at least as far as I know)

You need to lurk moar newfag.

>Misuses term
>Calls others newfags
It's fine, just stop.

why are you even replying to shitposts

I used it just fine, what the fuck kind of autistic piece of retarded cunt would play PC98 games other than weebs?
Please kill yourself out of my board.

40% suicide rate, tranny.

Are the original Legend of Heroes games worth playing on PC98?

Bitchboy, I'm not a degenerate. Nice projection though.

Boredom.

>Please acknowledge my retarded opinions and stop bullying me for getting shit wrong
No. Accept your bullying and get over it.

Explain to me what part of playing obscure japanese games made for a japanese platform is not weeb as fuck. Do you have brain problems?

I LOVE the art for so many PC88+98 games. The small color palet and resolution makes the artists get creative and you end up with a often some pretty surprising result with only having 16 colors on the screen. Many look better then art done in the west with 256 color VGA (which still has tons of good art in it's own right).

I wish I didn't basically unlearn Japanese. Took 4 years of it but never used it for a decade and now I can barely read a word here and there. My teacher was not wrong, language is like a muscle, use it or lose it.

Very unfortunate. Happened to me with French. Luckily I kept my Japanese knowledge, mostly thanks to moving to Japan.

Attached: 95117.jpg (640x400, 220K)

That is not what it means, you stupid shit, it was already explained to you. It doesn't matter either way because it all still amounts to "blanket opinion of X because of contrived ignorant rationale". You may now leave.

Because most of them is untranslated and I don't know Japanese. I don't know any good translated ones either that compel me to try them

Any opinions on this?

You are absolutely fucking braindead and need to lurk more. It seems to me your autistic fucking retarded troglodyte ass thinks that weeb equals bad.
Please hang yourself. Fucking stupid cunt.

You remind me of the sperging tranny from that recent video.

lol what a dumb weeb

You remind me of a vegetable.

Get Muslim'd, faggot.

No one who uses the term "weeb" without irony has any right to assume their opinion is worth shit. Have an aneurysm from your tard rage and do the world a favour.
Good riddance.

PC88 is better

You bitchmade children whine about trannies and shit all the time and get triggered by a simple word. Get a grip you oversensitive little girls.

Doubt it. Some of the games can be pretty aesthetic, but many look too simplistic compared to PC98.

A lot of good arpgs came from the pc88

Popful Mail and?

>He said, as he was driven to terminal spergrage from being caught out on one fucking term
Get over it, it's done with, go home. You're done.

Good that almost 99% of them are Eroge, so nothing to worry about.

weebs and trannies are pretty much the same thing tho

The early Ys games and Dragon Slayer games, I guess.
Basically just Falcom.

I'm just passing time between waiting for matches in SFV. You are braindead enough to keep replying.

Seems that way.

Literal wat

>I was only pretending to be butthurt.
Sure, whatever. You could've ended this any time, you know.
>You are braindead enough to keep replying.
Keeps the thread alive, thanks I guess.

Ignore shitposters.

I guess Hydlide was PC88. Was it actually good, though?

>no-no words mean I must be raging
You fucking faggots weren't around before this feelshit cancer hit and it disgusts me.

Been here for well over a decade, and yes, you are raging. All you had to do was stop and you couldn't even do that.
What a bitch.

Why would I stop when you are giving me free entertainment, child? You are literally shitting up this thread by replying to me by the way. I guess you weebs really are braindead. Keep being mad, fuckboy.

I actually downloaded I think all or at least most of them for archiving purposes. What do I use to emulate them?

Attached: 1523313037968.png (500x575, 29K)

Neko Project 2 fmgen.

Thanks pal.

Attached: 1516262422103.gif (794x512, 82K)

>Why would I stop when you are giving me free entertainment, child?
If you're stuck in a thread you have no investment in other than feeling the need to reply and defend yourself, guess what? Nice try though.
>You are literally shitting up this thread by replying to me by the way
It's entertaining in its own way and it's keeping the thread alive, so yeah, thanks for that. You think your little tantrum is derailing anything?
>I guess you weebs really are braindead. Keep being mad, fuckboy.
Your butthurt is positively palpable, please do continue.

>stuck in a thread
What the fuck kind of newfag are you? I have 6 open where I'm active right now.

>keeping the thread alive
Yeah, but anyone who opens it sees shitposting. You are retarded if you think this isn't pushing people away. I mean I should expect you to be a mongoloid by now but still.

Sure, you just switch back to this one because I give you entertainment because there's nothing else here for you. That's sweet of you, if a little desperate.

>butthurt
I'm not the one who got triggered by a single word. What an absolute fuckboy.

It literally isn't, people are posting anyway, dumbass. How fucking new are you?

Yet you are the one who keeps bitching about it regardless. Oh well.

I switch back to all of them when someone posts, are you retarded? Do you really think this requires effort?

I want you to count the on topic replies in this thread out of the 85 you stupid fuck.

>haha look guys I'm playing this old game from a system that was never released outside japan in a language that I can't understand
>aren't I cool and interesting?

Project more, failed learner-kun.

>I want you to count the on topic replies in this thread out of the 85 you stupid fuck.
>Thinking it's a numbers game and not keeping the thread alive
Dumbass.

Yeah, I can see your plan is working well newfag. Keep it up.

Attached: 1362466892978.jpg (500x360, 112K)

>a language that I can't understand
Oh look, what a surprise.

>Thread is still alive
Yep, going well. Thanks!

Attached: you can't.png (756x574, 86K)

Look at all this cool discussion going on. Quality thread.

Attached: 1362195655226.png (370x501, 266K)

>What are timezones
Shitposters have to go to school eventually.

because most of them are in jap and even then why would I? it's not like it has the greatest games in it

It's 4pm I'm not going anywhere. I also have been out of school longer than you've been alive.

Attached: 1388903160272.gif (320x168, 1.41M)

What does it mean when it says "no system" followed by an ear shattering beep?

That you didn't set up what game you want to run. Most are in HDI format that includes basic PC98 DOS used to run the game.

Thanks for keeping me company. Yoroshiku and all that.
>I also have been out of school longer than you've been alive.
No you haven't and it doesn't count if you didn't finish.

god this kind of art style did not age well

So what do I have to do to get it to run?

The shit, nigger? It's great.

Explain why.

Left this thread at 20 replies expecting it to have devolved into spergs sperging at each other in 2ch japanese slang to prove their weeb cred, I'll give you guys credit that I came back at almost 100 and so far that hasn't happened.

Probably jinxed it now but grats on 100 posts without things devolving to that level just yet, anyway!

Follow the general instructions here
46okumen.com/pc-98-emulation/

You wut mate?

Attached: 1516263331379.png (320x400, 13K)

wwwww草

Everybody has the same goddamn face and a huge bulbous forehead with a fringe you could ump off. That and everyone in a 3/4 view just looks like they have the down syndrome.

So anything you'd like to recommend OP.

>what is anime

You are cancer

Attached: 1516251263325.gif (500x600, 235K)

I actually did before you posted that, but i think it was just the game I tried, because everything else I've tried works. Thanks.

Aesthetic.

>Everybody has the same goddamn face
Name one anime game that doesn't suffer from this regardless of era.
No, male/female differences don't count.

Is there a half decent emulator that isn't neko? Configuring that thing is a pain in the ass

Attached: 1544196706963.jpg (1500x2017, 940K)

I used to have a twitter thread bookmarked of some recommended pc98 games, but the user got banned or something because the bookmark doesn't work anymore.

Any recommendations?

No, it isn't, you're just stupid. Try Anex86, but you'll be fucked with it too.

I used Anex for Popful Mail and Touhou. People shit on it for some reason but I've never had any real problems.

>you'll be fucked with it too.
But why.

Basically every pre-Windows Falcom and Touhou game is a good start.

I prefer the X68000

Attached: H40GKaB.jpg (2048x1536, 960K)

I will give it a shot later, thanks.

I thought it was a pretty interesting machine.

My favorite youtube boomers did a video about it as well: youtube.com/watch?v=TQPt69UCyIA

>X68000
Did that have anything over the PC98? What games did it even have that PC98 or MSX didn't?

What's this game?

vndb.org/v16866

It did have smooth hardware scrolling, which meant it got all the shmups and side scrollers.

Actually PC88 did have some kind of jank scrolling. Dunno about PC98 though, I assumed it performs a little better.

It blew the PC98 away, it's what game devs like Capcom and Konami used to make their arcade games. .You can play arcade perfect versions of Final Fight and Ghosts n Goblins on it.

The one huge exclusive it had was its own version of Casltevania.

How many of these games are in English?

>its own version of Casltevania
Oh shit, I didn't even notice Chronicles was a Sharp game before anything else. For some reason I always thought it was a PSX game like SotN. That's pretty impressive, actually.

PC-98 had mostly VNs,X68000 was more similiar to a console.

A lot of Ys clones like Xak too

>Xak
Never played these, were they any good?

PC-98 had the same problems IBM compatible PCs had during the 80s: No dedicated hardware to allow for things like smooth sprite scrolling and other "advanced" features. As a result both the west and Japan pretty much invented genres to circumvent those shortcomings. It just so happened that Japan chose the VN and sRPG route which began to then dominate the PC-98 market.

Attached: possessioner.gif (640x400, 37K)

those are some strange pokemon, misty

At least those have tentacles. Every japanese girl loves tentacles.

Attached: possessioner2.gif (640x400, 47K)

If you like Ys, then yes

Bump combat Ys, you mean? Then cool, I need to try that, thanks.

cant read weeb runes

Attached: 26907311_803329066518308_4299145980121232343_n.jpg (480x480, 22K)

>PC-98 thread
>no music being posted

You are all fags

youtube.com/watch?v=OWFZ32WBrQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=oWpPeLxcONA
youtube.com/watch?v=1t9oAAXCFEU
youtube.com/watch?v=2dUF9WN3dBk
youtube.com/watch?v=3RVPRxxMJBI
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9phuTeKss
youtube.com/watch?v=7CEdbflwdTs
youtube.com/watch?v=DJUI8i2Aavs
youtube.com/watch?v=a73VUoRq1HA
youtube.com/watch?v=0gQckOZPrYs
youtube.com/watch?v=xU0SppobxrE
youtube.com/watch?v=HUYVblNsK6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vVrJTElgsXo
youtube.com/watch?v=cQyOlsNCgVE

Attached: ryu (1).jpg (400x598, 34K)

Struggling with kana with fuck all knowledge of grammar and kanji kinda prevents one from playing them. These games are nice to look though.

Struggling with kana paints a bleak future for your further studies.

Just write out the kana over and over, that should help.

That is what I do, when I actually do study. Problem is I get burnt out after a few weeks and don't try again for a few months where I forgot most of what I learned.

Consistency is the key. I dunno what you can do to overcome that burn out, but you have to.

either do it every day or forget about it completely

What kind of filter can I run anime pictures through to make PC98-like graphics?

Attached: 72.jpg (334x347, 17K)

Use color indexing in photoshop

Attached: photoshop.png (726x379, 80K)

These are groovin'. Thanks for these.

The 90s artstyle looks nightmare.
All bug-eyed, triangle jaws, big hair, shoulders twice wider than hips, etcetc,

>He said, as he was driven to terminal spergrage from being caught out on one fucking term
i read this entire ludicrous exchange, and i laughed so fucking hard at this line. the only time i've ever seen a sped rage this hard about a platform merely existing is when Chris used to kick da hexbox displays

kys tranny zoomer

Attached: 1554840584716.gif (448x320, 2.73M)

What I'm gonna try to do this time is play a simple game in kana to reinforce the reading while doing my studying. Maybe that might make things more fun and help me stick with it.

i dont know what you use to study, but try anki or duolingo, or both, if you havent

Before I just followed Tae Kim's guide and was doing the grammar with the kanji, which worked until I gave up. I tried anki with it last time but I didn't feel like I was getting much out of it other then learning the numbers.

Is PC Engine turbografx the same thing as PC-98? I know they're both from the same company but if so, I tried to find Might and Magic III for it but never had any results. It's the best version of that game by far just because of the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=qfCs4QzVwbQ
The outside theme with MT-32 Roland synthesizer. You get bored it after one minute and you have to listen it for hours.
youtube.com/watch?v=nb_NARJXLmg
The outside theme with turbografx version. Funky as fuck.

The first two use bump. The second uses an attack button like Zelda