FromSoftware

What setting they will do next?

Attached: From_Logo_Easy-Resize.com_.jpg (2048x1152, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechamericagreatagain.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_lens
youtu.be/Nn8Cx--OYsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sekiro 2, Bloodborne 2, new game but same formula with different aesthetic. Take your pick.

new armored core or bust

Let's get the shit ones out of the way:
>Aztec.
>Norse.
>Native American.
>WW1/WW2.

They have done Japan with Sekiro. They have done Victorian with Bloodborne and Deracine, They have done Western with Demons Souls, Dark Souls. Next could possibly be Aztec/Mayan.. But knowing japanese people. They would probably go for the Chinese a litle bit.

Sekiro is getting China DLC.

WHEN'S ARMORED CORE 6 YOU HACKS

I so don't want to see overused Norse theme but I am afraid this is what they can go after next.

Personally I would love to see Ancient Greece setting.

How do I stop being a FROMdrone? Almost every other hack n slash/action game/RPG has shitty feeling combat in comparison, outside of maybe Platinum and Capcom stuff. I can't even be bothered to play Witcher 3 because the combat feels like utter garbage compared to DS3/BB/Sekiro.

>people still think it's China
>don't even realize that the birthplace of dragons in both Japanese and Chinese myth is beyond the Himalayas

Whatever the fuck they want.

i would love a from soft ww2 game

Be a styleautist in DMC instead.

Considering that DaS1, DaS2, Bloodborne, and DaS3 all got DLC. I'd assume Sekiro is getting DLC as well.

>Lost Kingdoms III never

>Native American
>Shit

Objectively false, the American indians are huge untapped potential for games inspiration, it's just that most Yankoids are not creative and end up with Le Burial ground Le totem teepee. A savage king kong esque Native American world with live mythology that isn't a movie game would be kino.

Attached: IMG_1960.jpg (1019x1265, 159K)

> Aztec
> Native American

I hope not. Journalists went from "Fromsoft is amazing" to "Fromsoft are toxic gatekeepers" in a week when they realized that they can get more clicks by riling up retards who will rage at any criticism Fromsoft gets. They're going to be out for blood now and if Fromsoft "appropriates" a native culture they're fucking done-zo.

Attached: article-2054384-0E8FA56300000578-757_468x630.jpg (468x630, 68K)

I'd like to see an industrial revolution setting, like a machine for pigs but not gay.

being able to access the DLC only after completing the game would be weird
if anything, Sekiro 2 in China would be more probable, I think I read an interview with Miyazaki where he said that he'd like to make a game in China

>Lost Kingdoms III never
>Lost Kingdoms III never
Just kill me famalam

Attached: 1531234401958.jpg (600x600, 66K)

China.
Every death will substract 1 from your social score, hitting zero means automatic forced labor sentence.

Oops meant to post this

Attached: IMG_2050.jpg (800x555, 130K)

Kung Fury/Blood Dragon style neon retro scifi

Future

Attached: 1524075293117.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Greek would be nice

Dude

Like...

What if they made a really cool game, like... dark souls 1. But then... what if they put lovecraft influences in it. Wouln't that be right cool like?

It'd be all... lufcravtian, n'stuff. Could be proper spooky.

It'd be all.... eldrich, and cozmic, and there could be bits with tentacles and incrompehensible mysteries.

PC/modern console port of metal wolf chaos.

source: mechamericagreatagain.com

Leave Activision hopefully, hint pop-ups during boss fights and checkpoints every 10 feet disguised as Sculptor Idols pisses me off more than getting one-shot by Owl.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-09 07-01-47-96.png (3440x1440, 2.46M)

Korea or China in Sekiro 2

If you want Greek you might as well want Norse too; they're both the most done to death mythologies in media today.

Sci-fi horror. Something akin to Dead Space. If Bloodborne is anything to go on they would be excellent at it.

They would probably praise it for native representation in vidya though too

>sci-fi
>somehow not using guns
It doesn't work

Futuristic setting is something I've always wanted FROM to capitalize on. I want a robotic colossus, futuristic cities in ruin, robot rivals and all the stuff that follows.

I'd like to see them explore other genres
They havent done that in over a decade

victorian london

they’ll call it bloodborne 2

Aztec/mayan could work. because their culture circled around blood sacrificed. As well as it being a rather obscure culture that we dont know much about. And the wholle Aspect warrior could be an interesting thing for the game. Make it a jungle setting. So on and so on.

modern america

they'll call it semenborne

Early 2000's New Zealand Maori. With Aboriginal petrol sniffing DLC superboss.

I just hope they'll bring customization and stats back for their next game

Why?
There are literally like 7 Souls/Souls like games out there. Bloodborne II would be absolutely perfect.

Their next 2 games are armored core and a "dark fantasy game our fans have come to expect from us"

I am expecting a souls rpg but with a new setting like when they went from demons to dark

FROM probably doesn't want to be tied down to souls-like forever. I hope they make Armored Core.

based.

What about a Turkish/Mongol steppe battle game? Where you're on horseback and can do all these crazy moves on horseback like hanging off the side to dodge a blade or summoning thunder from the heavens and directing it with your spear. Plus environmental hazards like cliffs or storms etc, Think Mount and Blade but with less troop management and more crazy combat

Attached: IMG_2051.jpg (683x449, 36K)

I want them to collaborate with Taro.

if natives weren't drunk retarded welfare queens, they could make their own game

Sekiro is the dark fantasy game that fans have come to expect. The only thing remaining is AC6 and a "weird game".

*blocks your path*

Attached: Krol_Jan_III_Sobieski_olej_na_plotnie_24x30cm_GIERLACH_dgi172_108757[1].jpg (488x618, 35K)

What are the chances Armored Core 6 gets a PC release? I'm not buying a console for one game.

Wasn't weird game Deracine?

RPG set in the Star Wars universe.

Attached: tomoko.jpg (782x661, 66K)

Their next game is apparently a dark fantasy game more akin to their traditional souls-esque style.

Whether it will be exclusive to sony's ecosystem or not, who knows. But I suspect we'll know after E3 at the very least, considering Sekiro was revealed at the MS conference last year.

...yeah, their other franchise that got over a dozen releases from 1997-2013

DO A FUCKING BERSERK GAME ALREADY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't think so. Deracine was just a tiny side project.

HAYAIIIII FORCES HAYAIII FORCES

Even Horizon Zero Dawn had some controversy and that game bent over backwards to be as milquetoast and inclusive as possible. The second someone says anything negative about a souls game the dumbest people will crawl out of the woodwork and they'll become a strawman for everyone who tries to defend it. Yea Forums is a necessary voice, but sometimes I wish some of the people here would just stay the fuck out of the conversation because they give more fuel to shitty journalists than actual help.

No from confirmed sekiro is not the dark fantasy game nor the weird game (deracine)

Different kind of turks. He's talking about steppe nigger turks in asia, not ottoman turks.

hope it's either
armored core 16 or demons souls 7. i don't play those games so both are fine. maybe kings field 7 could be okay as well. everything goes really.

easy mode settings

No, they expressly stated that the trio was none of the stuff currently unveiled, so I am to believe not Sekiroh and not Deracine.

THIS. They literally have only made souls games for a FUCKING decade, you just have to ignore:
Inugamike no Ichizoku
Yatsu Hakamura
Another Century's Episode: R
Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village
Another Century's Episode Portable
Armored Core V
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Armored Core: Verdict Day
Déraciné

>FromSoftware? Love that studio!

Attached: 1519622612857.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

Attached: 1461286409051.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

Attached: 1554268809273.png (864x784, 462K)

I'm seriously hoping the weird game is a horror game

They also made Steel Battalion 2 but it's obvious that when people mean Fromsoft game, they mean a Miyazaki game.

American Wild West, they’re going to outdo R*

wasn't it an insider who said this?
I don't remember From confirming whether Sekiro is the dark fantasy game or the reboot

i sure as fuck hope something fantasy seting

really dislie kthe whole "muh japanese" setting
also do not like shekiro isnt localized

>browse a website dedicated to japanese culture
>hate japan

go back to r*****t

I'm pretty sure sekiro dlc will have a npc hinting at their next game somewhere.
das 1 dlc teased bloodborne
bloodborne dlc teased sekiro

I hope From goes silent for like 3-4 years, they should take more time developing their next game and I don't like the attention they've been gaining lately

They're owned by Kadokawa so they will be fine.

Are you people so retarded that you think the mythological “West” refers to the immediate geographic West?

>japanese culture
>Yea Forums
Yea Forums is as far from jap culture as my dick is to my asshole, user

A sci-fi game where you're a robot with a limited amount of power so doing things quickly is a big part of the game.

Attached: 1354797843540.png (319x296, 86K)

Aztec/Mayan aesthetics are shit tier.

Whatever the fuck they want.
*skates off building*

It won't be any other real-world Mythologies; Sekiro was a one off in that regard because of the devs familiarity with their own culture. Souls and Bloodborne are more amalgations of Dark Fantasy/Horror-Sci Fi tropes and settings than having anything in particular to do with Western mythology. So don't expect God of War: Souls Edition.
I think a more outright Sci-Fi game could be interesting. Keep the Horror aspect but set it in the far future with lots of really crazy alien landscapes and Giger-esque imagery. Something more out there than the Surge or Dead Space, get into the real old school "Venusians in their Crystal Towers" style of science fiction.

Tarzan Souls.

>Norse mythology
It's basically made for the From Software treatment, with weird gods ending the world and different dimensions. Houses and environments don't have to be too different from Sekiro so they could reuse alot of the design choices, a Samurai castle don't have to differ that much from a Viking fortress. Rune stones are a good bonfire substitute and the patheon contains a wide variety of different creatures.

Attached: Norsca_vs_Bretonia.jpg (250x337, 19K)

If from is doing a historical setting like that i'd much rather have froms take on ancient greece gods and monsters

Meet the final boss of From's next game.

Attached: Baba-Jagga-MrazC3ADk[1].jpg (470x340, 38K)

That would also be a good choice, Norse and Greek mythology shares a lot. It'd mainly be which setting you want. Dark foreboding mountainous woods crawling with axe wielding fanatics or temples and sand. I think Norse mythology lends itself better to the grimdark, and Greek better to the likes of Dragon's Dogma.

Trite & boring

Kievan rus

Greece is lifeless and uninspired.

>It won't be any other real-world Mythologies; Sekiro was a one off in that regard because of the devs familiarity with their own culture. Souls and Bloodborne are more amalgations of Dark Fantasy/Horror-Sci Fi tropes and settings than having anything in particular to do with Western mythology.

That's hardly accurate. Pretty much every creature from the Souls games was borrowed from either a D&D manual or western mythology.

Attached: vNd1zDP.jpg (988x1203, 188K)

it really isn't but the only greek games we got were boring western games.

finally someone who gets it

Why do you all want Souls #7?

Just let FROM do what they want, they might make a really interesting puzzle game or RTS.

FUCK YOU MIYAZAKI, GIVE ME MAHABHARATA SOULS AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

It is though.

Something like pic related could also work, or even something like a more apocalyptic Book of the new Sun.

Attached: Hyperion_cover.jpg (220x383, 24K)

Id be happy with any of these honestly
>DeS remake for PS4 (bonus points for a fixed portal to the cut area)
>DeS 2
>Bloodborne 2 (but NOT a direct sequel but a story with old one fucking around in a different part of the world/setting)
>a new Souls classic game (but a new IP)
>Souls in space/sci fi souls
>something completely different I dont even know I want

>puzzle game or RTS
god i hope not

Based post, it's my favorite sci-fi novel.

Because let's be honest, Sekiro's setting was the shittiest part of it. If you took out the combat, nobody would fucking give a damn about it.
Give me something set in ancient mesopotamia with like ancient spaceships and lasers or something.

They should do a pirate setting. There are no good pirate games anyway.

That's because pirates are gay

Based Shrike poster

I read it because someone recommended it on Xenogears gamefaqs

Dont care as long as they keep up their streak of good games.

Sonethin something Pharaohs and mummies. Or maybe something high tech. Or maybe both like that French film Immortal.

>pirates have guns

Could easily be Bloodborne 2.

Only Disney ones

Sekiro sure. No idea what possible 3xplination a bloodborne 2 could have.

Egypt souls

Cyberpunk.

I want a game in some setting aroung slavic mythology.
I mean they already borrowed from it with using werewolves in Bloodborne but still I want a heavily slav influenced setting.

A game!

So a Witcher ripoff basically?

More VR would be nice as well.

Egypt for the love of all that is holy.

Also I'm happy with another game where they focus on one character build like in Sekiro but with a sword and shield and you can do cool skills with the shield.

I didn't even use shields in DaS but I want this so much.

It stands to reason Old Ones didnt just visit one city but had influence over different places in different points in time so any setting that has primitive guns could easily be the base of BB2. Wild west setting, pirate setting, Aztec setting, etc.

I think Mexican folklore would be really interesting and creepy

Yeah nah
Slavic mythology doesn't have elves and dwarfs and generic tolkien shit

I hope they will never do another 3rd person action, not in next 10 years at least. There were so completely out of any imagination by DS3 that game was literally one big fat asset flip, and after that they made game that is even smaller and has absolutely nothing to offer except bare muscle memory grind. It's time to stop sodomizing Souls' poor corpse.

Well, more accurate to say they were taken from Western RPGs (or JPN stuff inspired by Western RPGs) and that Western RPGs themselves are heavily inspired by Greek and Norse mythology. But there are no direct references to any of the above in any Souls games. Some light flavoring, sure, like how Gwyn is sort of a composite character of Zeus and Odin, or the concept of arch trees mirroring Yggdrassil. But I HIGHLY doubt that we will ever Souls game that directly references any Western mythology in the way Sekiro name drops Buddhist and Shinto stuff. Hell, even games that are directly inspired by Western works like Bloodborne are still just as colored by Eastern philosophy and concepts as much as they are Western ones. That's just what you get when people from an old, deeply rooted culture start using ideas from foreign ones.

bloodborne 2 but set in the future, i want robots with flesh goop monsters

I think he meant actual games, not shovelware.

I wonder how a zelda style game from FROM would be.

Basically a souls game but with puzzle temples and the like

nobody cares about your opinion

FROM should stop with the soulsborniro meme or do trilogies for bloodborne ans Sekiro

stfu retard. I bet you also play AssassinsCreed and you find it entertaining to eat the same replicated turd but in different settings

Attached: 1554320051124.gif (265x200, 2.73M)

You should put that in your next forbes blogpost.

I seriously doubt there's enough slavic mythology left to make anything, because christians have been meticulously burning it all down for a centuries when they came, leaving almost nothing. Even Witcher is full of germanic elements.
But what I'd really like to see is something about Hindu mythology - it's fucking vast and makes germanic or greek folklore look like a joke, but almost unexplored.

Next game you play as vlad the impaler

you mean >implier

Anyone asking for Sekiro/BB trilogies is the real retard.

Spiritual successor to Altered Beast set in dark fantasy Ancient Greece.

Attached: alteredbeast.gif (500x446, 282K)

Just along the lines I was thinking. Something like Dune, or Foundation, the Culture, or stuff like Nova (by Sam Delaney). Or for you non-reading brainlets out there, basically Destiny with less to no focus on Earth. Just a far far future where the difference between technology and magic is shrinking dramatically and the horrors and wonders of deep space are on full display.

>Aztec setting
>guns

Attached: 1311324405765.png (286x290, 11K)

First half of it is awesome, but second looks like bad anime plot and feels like author outsourced it to someone.

spanish conquistadors

dis

Rome

Conquistadors??

Aztec mythology mixed with 16th/17th century southern european folklore sounds like a plenty of material to go on for me...

Some H.R. Giger-esque sci-fi/horror sounds like fun? Gothic cyberpunk or something.

Aztec Souls revolving around the cycles of mankind.

"Sci-fi" Souls set on a decrepit, city sized generation ship on its way to some forgotten star.

weren't they doing space souls?

Do you think they'll ever get bored of making souls/souls-like games?
It's all they've been making for the past decade

I hope they don't, I love that shit. The asthetic always sucks me in.

The thing is that soulslike is a meme term. From got bored of dark souls so they stopped making dark souls and instead made Bloodborne, then that got boring so they made Sekiro. These games have certain mechanical similarities but there's enough divergence and the settings (and therefore the production assets) are so wildly different that nobody gets bored.

aztecposters are fucking pathetic get it through your thick skulls - there is a very good reason devs dont make aztec/mexican themed games - its a DEAD END as an aesthetic and as a setting

they are owned by kadokawa, activision is just another publisher

Their not soul games. From used the same engine for every game they make. With each release it gets better and better. I think once their engine reaches a certain point we will be getting some really interesting games.

Read up on Aztec mythology and say that again, I dare you.

>I did NOT pay attention in history class.

Attached: 1538610783060.jpg (500x500, 54K)

>activision is just another publisher
They added the hints/tips for the boss fights and basically all the casual stuff you see in Sekiro which are absent in other Souls games, like the training zombie and the strategically placed checkpoints instead of unlocking shortcuts like the previous games.

Attached: 1530211507363.jpg (1200x1350, 1.21M)

I want a Wuxia/Xianxia style game based around purely hand to hand combat.
There's way too few games that keep their focus on pure martial arts.
I need a new God Hand game god please

I've read alot on it, the actual history of the area IS interesting. But for a game? You start running out of interesting locations REAL quick

thank fuck none of you work at From, the level of ideas being presented is absolutely fanboy tier garbage. Leave the thinking to the professionals, go back to posting waifus you brainlets

The crusades. Where you learn the lord you're fighting for is an ayylmao n shiet.

Something that's not dark souls and it will piss off this fanbase of dumbfucks yet again. As much as I enjoyed the souls games I hate the fanbase so much.

>strategically placed checkpoints
More like putting Idols everywhere

I genuinely want that rumor that FROM is working on a GoT Souls-like game to be real just cause I want a Souls game with tons of hot female NPCs in skimpy medieval wear walking around.

Attached: Missandei_-game-of-thrones.jpg (955x540, 84K)

sorry bud they're doing a MoA/2/AA trilogy remake

I've been thinking about this. Is the Dark Souls franchise supposed to be a Japanese take on Medieval lore? And conversely Bloodborne = Victorian lore?

Bloodborne was more obvious, but until Sekiro it had never occured to me that Dark Souls was a japanese interpretation of how medieval lore was to them.

>dodge-rolling into trenches
>parry a jap soldier trying to banzai charge you
epic..

ancient greek
rome
viking souls
inca souls

you want them to make a shit GoT game just so you can see 3d models in bikini armour? go watch some porn you retard stop ruining fromsoft

my thoughts exactly

>lovecraftian
>japan

The only way to top this would be setting it in space.

Mudborne

>game of plebs
Please no, 99% of the TV show viewers are casual normalfags mixed with SJWs and feminists from dumblr.

Attached: 1540974264690.jpg (1167x887, 572K)

game of thrones isn't special for its setting, it was special in the beginning for having some decent writing at the start - you really don't think about your comments at all before posting do you?

This guy

Attached: 1542410519672.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Such a simple answer you retards.

Dark Souls but it's Made in Abyss.

>Implying I've even watched that shitshow
>Implying I don't just fap to webms of the female extras

>stop ruining fromsoft
What I want has no bearing on what FROM chooses to do or make. Silly user.

>soulsmeme has now become ass-creed tier
wew

Attached: 14676904116995.gif (245x184, 1.32M)

another dark soul games just like freak games only do pokemon games and EA sports Fifas

I would actually love to see Fromsoft utilize this setting, if only to see all the game journos throw a shit fit over "Japan glorifying colonialism" or some shit.

Seconding pirates.

Make a setting where guns aren't available. Think Dead Space 1 minus the military.

Oh fuck off you just dislike it because it's popular. GoT has an awesome world and lore.

Its a popular formula and so far its faced very little competition.

What do you expect FROM to do? Not make more Souls-likes and ignore all that easy profit?

It'd basically be a shit Sekiro.
Zelda puzzles are literally for 5 year olds.

>Black holes look like the dark sign
Was Miyazaki a prophet?

Attached: EBE172E8-9C26-4A00-8C5C-A6ED06FF6559.jpg (741x447, 18K)

>GOT
>SJWs and feminists

Attached: 9d5.png (680x680, 59K)

Western setting with North americans/south americans folkore/religion and maybe a bit of voodoo

And over abundance of checkpoints has been present since Dark Souls 2.

YES

Not that user but since the explosion in popularity it absolutely does pander to those demographics. Everything after season 3 is increasingly more shit and morally black and white.

It literally does, that's what they used to refer to as the west, China.

Space

Attached: Space.jpg (670x659, 42K)

there always at least one user that post a picture by the artist that made Blame. I feel like that has an immense potential.
or
THIS THIS THIS, I got fucking shivers just imagining what could

>bloodborne sequel set in not!WWI

Attached: file (1).jpg (1500x750, 1.37M)

Dark souls 3 didn't have much explaination either

Attached: 155029314448s.jpg (150x98, 4K)

Perhaps ignore me because I've only played Shadow Tower, but a return to that and King's Field's immersive first person formula but with the lessons learned regarding combat from their games like Bloodborne and Sekiro. The fact they made Decarine shows at least some interest in doing first person again. A reboot of Kings Field hailing it as a return to what inspired Dark Souls is the kind of marketing push people would eat up.

Bloodborne II would be set in the industrial revolution

Not really. Demon's Souls was based on King's Field and King's Field was based on Wizardry. It's just a generic dark fantasy setting.

Also, bloodborne has a lot of lovecraftian influence, so it could an interpretation of the cthulhu mythos

Sekiro 2 is what I want. Return ending is literally a cliffhanger. I'd want Bloodborne 2 as well, but I think that game ends perfectly and I don't want to buy a PS5

fpbp

why? Completing the game doesn't force you into the next playthrough and it is the cleanest spot in the story to add new content, especially if the Return ending is the canon ending

>wants a sequel right before ending the game

is the videogames industry cursed?

How can it be a legit photograph if light can't escape black holes?

do you mean after? are you too fucking retarded to insult me properly?

I just want to know what the "weird" game is.

Deep sea/ atlantic city

>"""Scientists""" are peddling fake bullshit
Water is wet

>hint pop-ups during boss fights

the games literally designed around perilous attacks though. the animations aren't nearly diverse enough most of the time to know the difference between a blockable vs. unblockable attack, so if they removed the "popup" they'd have to revisit the animation to make it more obvious, at which point I really don't see the fucking difference between an obvious tell and a "popup".

>Their next game is apparently a dark fantasy game more akin to their traditional souls-esque style.

would love to see aspects of sekiros' swordplay in a more traditional souls-type game. if rumors about george RR martin are true, its probably the same game.

why is it always actual $oyboys that post $oyboy memes?

Attached: 1546534025234.jpg (576x1024, 50K)

I hope they stick to the Sekiro formula (i.e no RPG bullshit) but give you multiple unique weapons. Instead of prosthetic tools, you gain weapons with completely different playstyles. Kind of like Bloodborne with no stats and more variety. Maybe MonHun is a good example of what I want.

>Another Century's Episode: R
It was so fucking shit it killed the franchise. What were they thinking?

I don't buy over-the-top claims by scientists most of the time but I'm not saying it's fake. I used to be an astro enthusiast myself and I'm just curious because I saw a tweet about it a couple minutes before seeing that post.

Hentai souls

Attached: yessss.jpg (509x509, 46K)

They should try something a la bloodborne in a latin setting with legends and superstitions
>La Llorona
>El Cadejo
>El Griton de media noche
>La Ciguanaba
>El Cipitillo
>La Mulata de Cordoba
>El Nagual
>El Mazacoalt

There's a lot to choose from for enemies and bosses, also latin mythology is incredibly bizarre and disturbing.

Attached: La-siguabana.jpg (602x602, 58K)

Not Lost Kingdoms

>What were they thinking?
fucking bandpresto (who probably never had any experiance making mech action game for 15 years) keep pushing themselves into projects and forcing unnecessary shit into gameplay

ACE2 still the best mecha game i ever played. it's hard, lot of mission variety, the dialogue was fun, a lot of mechs to unlocks it's the best

It's literally all fake

based

Hopefully not Sekiro 2 the combat was boring as heck. Or if they do it rework the posture/deathblow system so it's not so common.

>How can it be a legit photograph if light can't escape black holes?
Most likely light of star behind the black hole, distorted by its gravity.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_lens

I say an Aztec Souls game might be a neat spinoff.
Basically their whole civilization was based off of blood. Blood Sacrifices, Blood Gods. Like look at their weapons. They are literally made to bleed out the enemy.

Attached: 8c62b2bacc2a04b080a20731004c2986.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Based

Attached: 20190404190508_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Git gud

>fucking bandpresto
Pretty much all their SNES games were golden.

Wait, do you not believe in the Scientific Method or do you just not believe modern academia, or what? What about scientific claims that you can verify yourself, are those fake too?

>WW2
>Occult Nazi groups actually succeeded and did some spooky shit.
>Hence monsters and magic.
>You actually play as a Nazi, but don't participate in the regular war.

Miyazaki said Activision was "hands off" during the creative process.

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-10 103850.jpg (919x715, 112K)

more like git bad. You don't have deflect or dodge when you can just spam attack and break everythings posture.

Based ESL retard. Play the game next time.

His face gives me creepy uncanny valley vibes

>gimp yourself on purpose to have fun

Who are you quoting?

>MUH """SCIENCE"""
Do you believe anything shoveled at you?

Attached: Only Pretending.jpg (651x1600, 275K)

DaS2 and DaS3 had a over abundance of checkpoints.

you obviously didn't play the game, even normal scrub enemies will punish you for R1 spam

During the fight with Genichiro if you get hit by his lightning strike the game literally pauses itself and tells you what buttons to press and how to counter his lightning strikes, and the "Press R1 before landing on the ground" message keep popping on the side during the fight every time you fail. Now imagine fighting Lady Maria and a message telling you to parry keeps popping on screen every time you get hit.

in that case the obvious tell is the lightning, but cherrypicking that 1 example doesn't make what i said untrue. most perilous attacks just look like normal attacks except they are "unblockable". to make up for this they could nix the symbols and just make things more obvious (like the lightning example you brought up), but at that point what's the difference?

I can see some cool elements if there was a Mesoamerican Souls game:
>Sacrifice is a normal thing and they treat blood like its gold
>Every weapon was blunt with tearing in mind, not cutitng
>The generals/warriors are ranked on whether or not they wear an animal skin, with Jaguar being the highest rank.
>The Aztecs practice blood-letting which are self-mutilating acts like threading spiked rope through a penis in order to please the Gods.
>There are numerous caves and ruins that have hallways that stretch forever.
>Drugs are often used to enhance their abilities (like how cocaine makes them run faster/fight better) and there is a cult in Peru that uses drugs to attract more followers (possible enemies).
>Teotihuacan is a city that was artificially made on an island where there are a bunch of corridors (I can see it as the Anor Londo of the game)
>The Mexican underworld is a kingdom with souls of the dead with different kings ruling a specific area (the King of Fire is a giant, human with a body proportion of a giant worm. Basically a big-ass worm with a human face and neck). I can totally see this as a "second Map" or an underground area to traverse when you die too much.
>Xipe Totec is a deity who wears flayed human skin of slaves.
>Quetzalcóatl is a giant bird serpent
>Huitzilopochtli was a berserker deity who killed his brothers after they sacrificed his mom
>Death is normal and the threat of the apocalypse is always common
If not a Souls game, it will be a pretty cool God of War game

Attached: aeac8212d73e3134e4bc899df6be631a.jpg (1420x2000, 743K)

Because nippon is filled with varied settings. Lets think of some Aztec ones then.
>Dense jungle
>Desert region
>City
>Underworld
>Heavens
>Temple
Not to mention the sheer amount of variations one could do of the existing ones.

>practice blood-letting which are self-mutilating acts like threading spiked rope through a penis in order to please the Gods.

Attached: 78a001914cc928473da16a057fdaaba5.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

Perform blood sacrifices or else the planet literally eats everyone, again.

yeah because dark souls 3 and bloodborne didn't have checkpoints every 10 meters right

fucking faggot

what the fuck is this? do people go watch this shit at bars? fucking CRINGE!

They are most definitely more frequent in Sekiro, but I'm not agreeing with the user you're replying to.

Anything not a sequel
Anything not as limited as Sekiro.

Sekiro was way too linear and too little to vary gameplay, killing its longevity for me

>Japanese setting
>Buddhism and Shintoism everywhere

>European setting
>Christianity nowhere to be seen

Wtf is their problem?

Attached: 1464456590273.png (1182x1370, 961K)

Not Christians fault pagan Slavs were illiterate

True ending of Sekiro literally says they are going to China in the next game.

From Software is Japanese.

Japanese don't give a fuck about christianity

Attached: 20090731-stats2jun.gif (371x205, 18K)

Americans everyone.

Its an odd thing that the west seems to completely avoid themes of spirituality and religion of any kind unless it is in the negative or surface level as fuck. It doesnt need to be christian but it would be nice to have something that explores faith, look at Sekiro, its crammed with it, and its not done to ram it into you so you will join it it is simply exploring themes.

>linear
It is the most open game since DaS

Because one is based on/inspired by earth in a historical period.
Nowhere at any point was it said Dark Souls was in Europe. There's nothing historical to it.
Always looking to be the victim, aren't you.

True

Some people say China but the problem is which period? There are too many to choose from

Warring states
3 kingdoms
Mongol invasions
Middle of Qing where nothing actually happens

It's rather difficult to choose a period without people complaining they should have picked a better period.

Korea. There's nothing Chinese about the dragon.

?

Attached: 1554756858017.png (497x638, 6K)

I just want bloodborne 2 for that atmosphere

>Japan
>Pure native culture, minus the buddhist aspects
>Europe
>Degenerate kike worship
Sad. Euros should stop being cucks and reclaim their ancestral religions instead of bowing the knee to the "God" of Shitrael

>No European historical references in the game

Attached: dark-souls-3-armor-helm-of-the-wise-1-448x640.jpg (448x640, 40K)

That's not even the order the game pushes you into following.

>minus the buddhist aspects

So minus a huge part of their culture?

I didn't read the second book for this reason exactly. I've been told the quality drops significantly, so to me it always ends with the Wizard of Oz and that's fine by me. The reasons for everyone going to Hyperion was far more interesting than whatever outcome the author could have wrote.

The Priest and the Consul had the best stories.

>ctrl+f "otogi"
>no results

Attached: 1454935667319.jpg (421x421, 62K)

It would be fitting not gonna lie.

This

Soulsfags need to fuck off with their tired formula.

Attached: Jack-o.(Character).full.483448.jpg (631x587, 149K)

fucking this

better be back up to 4nswer speed

Does WW1 count? Theres this game coming out soon called Remnant

youtu.be/Nn8Cx--OYsI

Attached: remnant.jpg (923x517, 78K)

Mite b cool

Attached: Cybersouls.jpg (1000x558, 194K)

How about they make another Armored Core game instead of Souls clone #138

Journey to the West requires going through China before getting there, retard.
If 90% of the DLC takes place in China, and 10% takes place in India/Pakistan it's still a China DLC.

>Buddhism has had a major influence on the development of Japanese society and remains an influential aspect of the culture to this day
>About 60% of the Japanese have a Butsudan (Buddhist shrine) in their homes.[6]

Lol fucking cucks following a foreign pajeet religion and letting it shape their culture

WW1, the souls of the dead linger on the battlefield and you play as a character who has died and is trying to get home, like everyone else that has died. You cross different threatres and settings almost like a dream and there are monsters inspired by the setting itself, like tanks made of people and ragged limbed abominations held together by barbed wire.

I just want to see them try something that ISNT completely melee focused.

Sekiro 2 where you play as the Sculpter or Isshin.

Hope to God they'll place it in America. Victorian era or modern era. No other setting is as untapped and great as these. Fuck boring ass muh gothic churches faggotry Europe always pull. Bland as fuck

Where do you think Christianity originated? And what cultures did it shape?

>doesn't answer the question at all
Are you trolling or do you genuinely not know what science is?

So basically Deathwatch but more combat oriented?

Attached: MV5BYmQwZjE5NTctNzUyOC00MDVmLWIzMmUtNzViMTllNTExODY5L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1000x1500, 1.07M)

dark souls with sekiros combat

Believe it or not, but the people originally sitting in those front-of-the-screen seats were just a normal group of dude bros.
They were forced by the bar to get up and sit elsewhere so that girl and her friends could sit there.
She literally just said "I'm an influencer and we want to film a video in your bar." and they acquiesced immediately.

>pajeet
Buddha Gautama was whiter than any man living on Earth today. Ironically this makes nips followers of more European religion than modern Europeans.

Maybe they want to make money

>American farmer with a pitchfork running around vast open fields
W-woah

America with some wacky cryptids and some ancient native shit would be pretty good.

?

Christianity originated in the Greco-Roman world. Buddhism is more foreign to Japan than Christianity is to Europe

That ain't the Deathwatch.

>WE

I you squint yea, I would like to see different zones other than just a trench though, you could have shelled towns and countyside estates where battles were fought too, and more of a horrific monster presence.
>expository guy is injured and lying half covered in a blanket for warmth
>keep checking back on him every so often
>"I think Im getting better, I can feel my legs moving!"
>come back later
>hes being eaten by small rats from the legs up
They could just rip that off, it was neat.

GoT hasn't been ASoIaF since S4, and went full tumblr during it.

sekiro was literally set in (a fictionalized) historical japan. dark souls/bloodborne was 100% fictional/fantasy. /pol/fags pls go

Yes, we wuz. Sanskrit originated from the same source as proto-European languages. Indian civilization was created by white nomads who came from the steppe and instituted caste system to avoid mixing with locals. Higher caste Indians look semi-white even today, centuries after it stopped working correctly.

>randomly generated levels
Dropped

>he doesn't praise the light

Phyrexian Souls

Attached: Elesh Norn.jpg (1600x1200, 485K)

Set it in a specific era, and it might be interesting. Colonial United States had tools that can be used as weapons. Like set it the forests of colonial virginia. It would be like Bloodborne except set in a location similar to Sleepy Hollow or over the garden wall

Attached: sleepyhollow1.jpg (839x465, 155K)

Nice I thought I was the only one who seen that movie.
Also the potential for World War 1 as a setting is great. Right now it seems to be prominent in only 2 fps games.

Attached: 1551693522049.gif (235x240, 1.89M)

Cringe wewuzzing. You're not white or European, pajeet. Check any genetic PCA plot map and you'll see that Europeans are closer to Semites than to North Indians lmao

Because it's fucking boring and uninteresting unless you take a big shit on history.

Quiet, lardmutt

This is the sort of skitz shit that they'd actually do

Hopefully cyberpunk so it'll be put before 2077

>Victorian era
But that era has a ton of gothic architecture.

Attached: 1463374381488.jpg (2967x4210, 3.45M)

>put ez mode
>dosent make the game more ez

plz from do this

Attached: 1522574731665.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

I assume user meant the Gilded Age. So a setting similar to Bioshock Infinite

Attached: 012-parkrow1.jpg (432x265, 33K)