Literally impossible

Literally impossible.

Attached: sekiro-Lady-butterfly-900x506.jpg (900x506, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPsXMgnGUvU&t=1m55s
youtube.com/watch?v=E3a_kWW9UeY
youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 987979.jpg (255x198, 8K)

I believe you mean figuratively impossible. If it was literally impossible then no one would have ever done it, but as we know that's just not the case.
Don't worry, your English will improve as you keep communicating with people in it!

ITS EASY FAGGOT

I died more to her than every other boss. She literally taught me to get gud and never had trouble with another boss again.

This was the first boss I got to. Holy fuck what a rude awakening.

Attached: I'll do my best.jpg (600x293, 63K)

Spam nightjar slash and move on with your life

dash right, slash, dash right, slash, dash right slash, dash left if you get stuck against the wall. wow sekiro so hard easy mode please.

this is literally the boss that teaches you mashing L1 (parrying) is how to win the game.

except the tutorial lies to you and says to dodge and counter. when parrying gives a shitload of posture damage.

This, except I still suck at other ones, but no other boss has taken me as long as this bitch.

If you think this is bad, wait until you do the second owl fight

What, you don't like Grandma's cooking?

Attached: sekiroo_17a1g.jpg (615x400, 61K)

Shitposting aside she really is the sink or swim boss for understanding the general flow of the game.

I guess you're still just a puppy.

t. dumb NG baby

I came back to her later
It's easy then

I don't feel guilty of doing this considering how cheap and repetitive this stupid boss was.

no really, just stand there and parry her shit for massive posture damage

you get r1's in after parries too. dodging is mostly useless, you use it sometimes on isshin but that's it.

I'll help you out pissbaby.
Press B and hold left after getting a hit in on her

beat her on 5th try, by just spamming circle(right)-r1, doing that she is completely stunlocked on first phase, and on second sometimes she would break stun and jump into air so just sprint around a bit and repeat circle r1 combo once she lands.
Even game itself gives you tip to spam dodge and counterattack.

DOOGDE HIT DOOGDHE HIT DOGE HIT DODGG HITT!!!

Nah, that would be genichiro

Game becomes much easier when you realize swordfights are literally about poise breaking and not healthbars. You start playing for deflects then.

Toss a shuriken when she jumps up, just as she jumps youll land crits.

She's not that hard. If you're doing poorly after her first form (which you should be able to defeat every time cause it's easy as fuck) you can just rub the statue and run the fuck away. She's one of the only two bosses I can think of that let you do this (the other being the ape) so you can keep fighting her first form until you beat it in good condition for the second one. Also when she summons her spirits, just run around the edges of the arena until she sends them away

You need to lower health so poise doesn't instantly recover though. There are very few enemies that attack you so fiercly that you can deathblow them without dealing any damage to their health

Genichiro was far more predictable than Butterfly. He would always do the same moves up to 3/4ths of his posture damage on stage one.

She's easy. You can stunlock her with whirlwind slash.

Break her posture by breaking her face op

Shes actually ridonkolous easy after killing all ghe bosses in ashina castle

I quit the game at this point

Butterfly can be easily cheesed though. Genichiro is the one that doesn't give you an easy way to win and you actually have to learn to play the game.

pleb

I was too dumb to figure out cheese strats. Most cheese thing I did was shuriken her off the wires.

why do you post this thread every day

Genichiro is easy to cheese. That swirly skill you get that darts forward then jumps in the air - just wait for an opening and use it to reduce his health to zero. Phase two was way easier with the lightning reversals.

>tfw she was the wolf's sensei
>she forces you to get gud
So this is what they mean by kino.

Attached: 1534730493252.png (732x793, 693K)

Is this the Sekiro general?

Attached: Lady Butterfly.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

Anyway to deal with Genichiro overhead jump attack?
I always make wrong choice for next unblock attack.

Dodge to the left or right and punish.

Just always do a Mikiri Counter for his next attack and you'll usually get it right.

The dodge roll left when she jumps in the air with the red symbol. Jump up when the red symbol appears while she's on the ground. There I solved the entire fight.

>t. N00b

She and to an extent OWL1 are basically gatekeeper bosses. They test if you can deflect/ dodge during a longer fight without fucking up.

I beat her for my cousin and i don't even have Sekiro myself yet, just spam Nightjar Slash and pay a little attention in the 2nd part. She's literally the only enemy in Sekiro i've killed.

dunno why but she was easy as shit in my secon attempt, does she have an unreliable AI?

After his first life, he usually follows the jumping attack with a sweep as well, so you should jump to counter it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IPsXMgnGUvU&t=1m55s

Attached: when it hits.jpg (480x480, 33K)

>green eyeballs

>Can't remember a single track from the OST
What went wrong?

Litteraly beat her first try.
And I'm a shitter who spent 3 motherfucking hours on Genichiro.

Be aggressive. Throw a shuriken everytime she jumps then get in her face.

Beat Owl in Hirata and thought it was the toughest boss so far, havent fought the final boss yet.

What am I in for, boys?

Owl 2 is definitely the hardest boss in the game. You'll be fine.

Attack her twice, then spam L1. either throw a shuriken or dodge her red mark. Go behind wooden columns to heal or regain posture.

First phase a clumsier genichiro with a new attack that forces you to run away. 2nd phase attack twice, then the boss does 3 things, 2 of which you can punish either with mikiri or running away and attacking afterwards. 3rd phase deflect all spear attacks and look for those mikiris that come with a slight delay. 4th phase the same as 3rd but easier when you just lightning reversal.

Honestly, if you're hyper aggressive and knock hr off her wires with shurikens, she's pretty manageable.

>there's people who actually fucking complained about this fight

Attached: e1c643f1fc.png (1911x1051, 3.1M)

>4th phase the same as 3rd but easier when you just lightning reversal.

Attached: Rekt by Isshin.webm (640x360, 2.09M)

Dodge do side then jump the sweep follow up

I wouldn't complain, but that shit's hard when you've got old man reactions. And I'm retarded so I never really figured out the timing between the two slashes so I'd always deflect one and block the other by mistake.

His fault really, Isshin 2nd and 3rd phase are both Posture bosses so you just focus on deflecting and mikiring everything he got. And you realize this very quickly too because the boss stops ignoring damage and doesn't stagger from sword hits anymore, so chipping away health is not effective.

I could only cheese him with the shield, it was absolutely insane to me how fast he attacks.

I literally just spammed the high monk kick move five or six times and he died instantly without me taking a hit.

As soon as you see the glint on his sword, press L1 twice.

Took me 20 tries to perfect my dodging for this boss. Clearly designed as a parry check and punish you for playing Souls instead of Sekiro. Didn't learn a damn thing lmao.

He has one attack with a massive telegraph
I didn't even bother parrying. Just wait for the shine then dodge to the side and he'll whiff and leave himself open for ridiculously long periods of time. Dude was a pushover

I mean I still had to have good timing with it, it's basically a hyper deflect that shits on his posture.

I wish I had died to her more than once. Everyone says it was a learning experience but I won my second try so now I'm still getting murdered by every boss since.

Thats why his attack has a tiny white spark as a tell, because you can't really react to the swings themselves. Press L1 when you see the white flash coming out of his sword sheath. Isshin similar attack was way too fast for me so I just ran away, did a U-turn and got free hit in everytime he tried to use it (and he uses it a lot if you swing him twice and make him deflect one of your attacks)

Who are you stuck on?

>got to wolverine-like boss
>jump his swipe
>kicking his ugly face links into execution
It was an easy battle, but that was a good feeling.

Ah, yeah, I know about the white spark, but I really mean old man reactions. I'd stand in front of him watching for it, I'd see it, then just die like a moron from being too slow to press it. I feel you on Isshin, I did the exact same thing, although thinking back now I don't think I even processed that I might've been able to block his.

Good learning is practising against those anti-shinobi monks. Try to kill one without ever actually attacking him. Deflects and Mikiris only.

No one at the moment. I'm currently in fountainhead palace. I just mean that I didnt struggle with her only to crush other bosses. I beat her my second try and the owl took me a dozen, true corrupted monk took almost ten (no stealthblows)

Is he a casual filter?

Attached: Lone Shadow Longswordsman.webm (900x506, 2.74M)

Must be very old then. Its an easy boss to predict because he always starts with that exact same attack, unless you're in the hugging distance.

No, the standard purple ninja on top of the pagoda is the first one casuals run across.

He and the rape apes were the only hard fights I had.

I'd say his area is more of a casual filter than he is if you don't stealth deathblow him. Getting trapped in the area right behind him or blocking his kicks and getting knocked against a wall just blinds you long enough to get fucked up. Pretty fun fight despite that though.

Don't forget to do the secret boss in Fountainhead.

Attached: Sekiro_Giant_Carp.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Beat corrupted monk on the first try, mostly because I took my sweet time to learn all the attack patterns on the ghost monk and the new attack patterns were actually easier to deflect and predict.

>He doesn't know about the Loaded Spear trick

Attached: guardianApePepe.png (1233x1357, 390K)

I do, it made it easier but I got whipped hard a few times still.
The well mini-boss is only hard because the camera can fuck you over hard and kill you quick.

The true boss in this game is the camera.

headless rape ape help? his dancing moves are so fucking impossible to read

Attached: 1554655941797.jpg (800x600, 576K)

>get to her
>give up since I don't feel like dealing with the bullshit phase 2
>go to well from start of the game
>can't kill the Lone Nigger in it
>go to last available path
>it's a fucking dungeon that gives me Irithyll flashbacks so fuck off out of there too
well I'm done, was a good game

I couldn't remember a single track from Dark Souls 1 until many years after I replayed.

Deflect two of his moves when he does the thing where he swoops down and attacks from the left and then the right. After that, he'll go up for an overhead hit. You need to deflect this attack and then use the Loaded Spear on his head to inflict huge posture damage.

i did it by just going in after deflecting that single diving swipe and his 4 hit combo over and over. that scream he pulls is pretty fast so i wasnt staying in his face any longer than 2 or max 3 hits.

>Dodge attack
>Repeat step 1 until dead
Wow so hard

He's impossible. I've never been so stuck at a boss fight, fuck this game

>Ignore the senpou shit for the longest time
>Figure I'd try it out on a lark
>It's actually fun as fuck

shit

High Monk Kick is patrician.

Attached: Genichiro Prologue.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

Firelink shrine should be easy to remember.

Always block a bit before you think you need to. Worst case you block his attack, best case you were wrong and you deflect. Keep doing this (and sprinting away if your posture's fucked) and wait for the big overhead swing he does. Deflect that and dig into him dealing loads of damage. Repeat.
After his health is low enough that he doesn't recover posture quicky anymore you can try deflecting all his shit or just keep doing the overhead thing until he dies.

The initial jump kick is just beautiful

First phase its safer to run around and try to bait him to use the poo-throw attack for easy hits, then throw some firecrackers in every now and then.
2nd phase you actually want to deflect all he got, then run away if he screams. If you deflect enough, he resorts to using the standing sword overhead attack. If you deflect that, he gets stunned for quite a while.

I mean, he gives you enough time to react
Pay attention to the tip of the sword, if it glows, it's a thrust, so you mikiri, jump otherwise

>>Can't remember a single track from the OST
>What went wrong?

Attached: 1527100898955.jpg (640x640, 106K)

I was the same for a while. Every direction felt like the wrong one.
My advice is to keep ramming your head against the purple ninja. You can get to him very quickly from the idol and if you die use up a rez and gtfo. Then come back and try again until you win. Don't forget you can get an stealth kill on him from above that eats half his health.
After that keep trying to beat butterfly (if you use up too much stuff in the first phase use the statue to get out after you deal the first deathblow) until the combat clicks for you.

Funnily enough the only one I remember is the quiet and eerie ambience in the fog forest and mibu village.

>Is he a casual filter?
>Uses end game items to kill him

>that's just not the case
Post proof, discord tranny. Oh, you can't? Then fuck off.

Upgrade the Ichimonji tree, its passive skills are very helpful against purple ninjas. Theres a reason theres a pile of dead purple ninjas surrounding Issh-AHEM the Tengu Warrior when he gives you the skill tree.

Based.

Stay calm, observe his animation and react manually to his perilous..
His perilous attacks have a large window. Your only mistake is reacting automatically.

git gud

Lazurite axe is a downgrade from flame axe in this situation

I died once to daddyo. Meanwhile I died probably ten or more times to Butterfly.

>How to spot the people who ran around and hid: the thread
Just stay on her

Alright user, you figured us all out. Absolutely no one has gotten past Lady Butterfly without cheats... We've just all installed hacks that alter the intended difficulty of the game so we can mindlessly get through it and tell everyone what a great experience it was.

Is the game that hard?

Attached: Owl Mikiri.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

test

lmao2ape is actually stupid. This is some DaS2 tier bullshit

Harder than 99% of the games released atm which means still not very hard. The checkpoints are not 1 inch away from the bosses for no reason, you are expected to die and adapt until you no longer die

Just kill the brown one first, goes down super quickly

its easier than all souls games

Yes

Really not

Let's not get too carried away.

Attached: Dark Souls - Knight Artorias Fight.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

its modernized Tenchu. And Tenchu games were hard.

mada mada

Use firecrackers on brown ape. 4-5 firecrackers kills her posture completely.

>do anything to one ape
>other ape starts swinging

I'm sure you beat him this easily on your first playthrough.

Cope.

Then bait the headless one to attack first and go for the brown one while he is busy with his animations

Nice argument.
All Dark Souls games are objectively more difficult games than Sekiro on your first playhtrough. Just because you can cheese or overlevel in them more doesn't mean they weren't.

The brown ape hardly has any health. Two firecrackers and you can kill it.

>All Dark Souls games are objectively easier games than Sekiro on your first playhtrough.
Fixed.

Attached: Pontiff Sulyvahn.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

>Post proof
This is the second result on google.
youtube.com/watch?v=E3a_kWW9UeY
The first result was a girl with a facecam. Are you really going to let a girl 1-up you like that?
>Oh, you can't? Then fuck off.
You should let people reply before assuming what they'll say, now you just look silly.

>first playthrough
>posts speedrun

Cope.

Attached: Bloody Crow of Cainhurst.webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

It will seem very very hard until it clicks for you that boss fights are not about doing damage but just about making the boss run out of breath.

That guy has a ludicrously OP build for that fight.

>boss fights are not about doing damage

Attached: demonofhatred1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

HESITATION MEANS DEFEAT, SEKIRO

>souls games are hard

Attached: InferiorElegantChickadee.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

On Isshin he does a much-easier-to-deflect attack if you go up close. You deflect that attack and then jump on him as he follows it up with a sweep. Much more efficient than running away.

And you have just summed up exactly why Sekiro is harder than any Souls game.

how do you get the owl2 fight
I beat the divine dragon , is it too late?

I just got Emma's charm, when should you use the dragon's blood to cure the rot? The item says it cures all of the afflicted, but won't they just get sick again after a few deaths?

>is it too late
yeah

>I beat the divine dragon
Assuming you don't have Owl's charm from Emma, then yes it's too late.

Demons don't breathe, so you're just further proving my point, young puppy

It takes a slightly bit more than a few deaths.
Just use them when you've defeated a major boss that might kill you repeatedly or when you have to utilize the NPC's afflicted.

well shieet
ng+ is is then

Is this easy to miss? I just got to fountainhead and don't wanna miss anything big.

Yes

Yes, it's locked behind a series of cryptic eavesdropping. Just use a guide for how to get the Purification ending.

I got through her first phase relatively easy but now I don't have the snap seed to help against the ghost gangrape. Where can I get some more?

Im tried of Double Ichimoji, what other combat arts are epic?

i literally saw the exact same reply yesterdayon another thread

If you don't want to miss anything, be sure to go to the outskirts after you finish the palace, there is a boss there (and a miniboss)

You dont you just run around until they disappear and then you dodge the butterflies by hiding behind pillars
Try to through a shuriken or hit her once when u run around so her posture bar won't drop

Didn't even realize there were multiple endings. Thanks.

Try some git gud seeds, instead.

Attached: Lady Butterfly Second Phase.webm (650x364, 2.88M)

Once your progress to Ashina Castle you can find the Information Broker. Kill the enemies around him, then talk to him a few times and he'll move to the Dilapidated Temple where he becomes the best merchant in the game. Unlimited snap seeds and divine confetti.

That being said, you don't need them to beat her. When he summons her ghosts, just run to the other end of the room. The ghosts don't move fast and when she dissipates them, you can use one of the pillars to catch all of the butterflies so you don't take any damage.

One other thing to note that will help, assuming you don't already know, is if you time your shuriken throws correctly you can hit her while she's jumping from wire to wire to negate her attack or get her down early. If you're close to her you can get some extra hits in, and if you back her into a corner you can kill her really quickly.

Sounds like a bitch nigga tactic but alright I'll give it a try.

>webm of constantly, dangerously low posture that doesn't even kill Butterfly.

Guys, what's up with the ghost in the abandoned dungeon right before the lift to the mibu village?
Is it really nothing?

>big overhead swing
is that the one with the mikiri icon? he has a lot of swing attacks

No, it's the one where he stands up straight and lifts his sword over his head. Deflect it and then use the Loaded Spear on him twice.

Takes quite a lot of deaths for dragonrot to be a thing again. I used a total of 3 charms in my first playthrough, my inventory was drowning in them.

Go play something else.

Thats not the only one, more ghosts like that appear some old areas after certain amount of progress.

Bait the roar attack, the brown one will run at you during it so she's seperated from the headless ape.

I feel there is a ton of disparity in the roadblocks people face. I spent incredibly long on Butters and Genchy, but no other boss, including Ape lad took more than two tries.

I believe that's the lift to Senpou Temple. I believe the ghosts only appear there after you beat certain bosses (namely, the Guardian Ape). I'm doing a playthrough right now where I'm killing bosses in a different order, and so far there haven't been ghosts in either the Abandoned Dungeon or Mibu Village, but I went to Senpou Temple first and then Mibu Village second, whereas in my first playthrough I went Sunken Valley then Mibu Village. Depending on what I find when I go to the Sunken Valley this time around, I might suggest this route, simply because I might not have to fight the two apes together as I already have the stone.

>I believe that's the lift to Senpou Temple.
Yes actually. That should be correct. Mibu was after the mist forest.

I'm seeing that too
I found Gyoubou to be ridiculously hard, but Lady Butterfly was cakewalk for me.
The nature of open games like this is that everyone explores differently, so they fight shit in different orders and experience a different roadblock than other people. Dark Souls 1 I explored the catacombs and ended up fighting Pinwheel before the Bell Gargoyles, and while most people would agree that Pinwheel is super easy, he's actually rather tough at the low level I fought him at so I went away with a different perspective on him. Once you get past that first roadblock is when the game really clicks, you get the hang of it, and nothing else quite presents that same challenge as when you were still fumbling along

>I found Gyoubou to be ridiculously hard

Attached: Whatinthegoddamn.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

>deathblow on owl 2 is the same mikiri counter he does on you

Attached: 1509617707002.gif (627x617, 2.6M)

By far the coolest first boss in a From Soft game.

I fought him before I tackled Hirata Estate
Meaning I was still fumbling around and didn't quite get parrying as well as I do now, and those charge attacks where he's swinging all over the fucking place is hard to deal with if you aren't (relatively) used to it
But then things clicked and I got better. If I were to fight him again, even with the upgrades I had back then, I'd probably find him a lot easier. Meanwhile, I beat Lady Butterfly pretty easily, because I was already used to the game's mechanics and parrying at that point

In the least spoilery possible way, what's the point of no return for endings?

Owl 1

>Yea Forums loses to butterfly a dozen times before finally beating her
>pssh what you can't beat the boss? she's so easy!

Attached: 1467451152112.jpg (266x190, 7K)

>spend at least 10 tries on her first playthrough
>now on ng+n I corner rape her under a minute
>and tell others to git gud

This.

That’s not Owl 2

Yes, we got gud, stupid faggot.

Ever consider gitting gud?

Attached: Killing Owl.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

There are 2 points of no return.

The "bad" ending will be extremely obvious to you, don't worry. This is the first point of no return.
The other endings have conditions that need to be met throughought the game, but there is a point of no return for all of these at a boss in Fountainhead.

What do you do in the end there? Shuriken > Attack?

Yes.

Very neat. And with hard + harder mode. I acknowledge you, user.

Just beat Owl 1
That was a really fun fight. Struggled a bit, but once I got past the first deathblow I had the rhythm down well enough I beat him right after that
Now I'm sitting here with that warm fuzzy feeling of doing well in these games

Wait until you get to Owl 2. Best and hardest fight in the game.

Attached: smilingWolf.png (631x710, 1003K)

>Spent hours fighting her
>Struggled because didn't know sound queues for counter
>Had to cheese my way through the fight
>Friend who is autistically good at these games said it only took him 6 tries
>I see this dude destroying Dark Souls 3 bosses while on acid
>He's going through these bosses like nothing while I'm struggling with these mini-bosses
I think my brain is too retarded for this game. Can't even process all these inputs while there's a lot of shit going on where I'll just end up button mashing hoping something good will happen. I don't even feel good when I beat a boss because it feels like it was just a fluke and you can't walk 2 steps in this game without running into another mini-boss. Spent over 2 hours to kill Seven Ashina Spears and now just started fighting Lone Shadow Longswordsman which at this point I'm feeling incredibly burnt out from this game. The worst part is that I know these aren't even the hardest bosses.

Attached: 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0.png (598x480, 79K)

I'm genuinely looking forward to it
I'm nothing amazing in the grand scheme of things, but I genuinely enjoy surmounting these challenges and I love this game and these bosses

This is my GOTY

Considering there's been no competition, I'd hope so.

Theres three types of bosses in the game: Tenchu bosses, Posture bosses and Souls "large monster" bosses. Tenchu bosses are all about holding that block and looking for deflects and openings for chip damage. Posture bosses are all about deflecting and pressuring so they tire out, Souls bosses you run around the area and bait them to start an attack animation, then to run in and do some damage. Its all just a matter of figuring out which type of boss it is, some have mixes of types, like for instance Bull is a Souls boss but you can actually deflect its bull rush if you're good enough.

With Tenchu-type bosses its more memorizing and mechanical than you think. For instance first form of Isshin may seem daunting at first, until you realize you can trigger him to do 3 different things everytime you force him to deflect (hit him with your sword 2 times), two of those things you can punish and those two things are what you're looking for. Usually its either attack twice, then deflect, or deflect a combo, then attack after.

With red marks you have to memorize what kind of red marks they are and they become the ways you beat the boss. For instance O'Ren is a posture boss where you deflect everything, and her red mark is always a sweep, so everytime you hear and see the red mark you jump kick her on the head, otherwise you just spam L1 everytime she attacks for an easy win and you never actually hit her once for chip damage.

>No competition
>DMC5 is actual GOTY

New Metro is a contender for me.

This.

Come on now, it wasn't that good.
Only the last mission was great, the rest is meh.

>Metro
>DMC5
>RE2
>Satisfactory

This year has been decent so far actually.

She's literally the easiest boss in the game, and shes fucking optional.
I died more to the fucking Chained Ogre.

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

>Most cheese thing I did was shuriken her off the wires.
That's not even cheese. The game's tool tips explicitly tell that that is what shurikens are for.
Punishing anything that goes airborne.

Attached: honey nut.jpg (749x744, 57K)

A friend challenged me to race him to beat Butterfly on a fresh save.
I did a recon run then did it in 30 minutes without a single full death.
Got her with only the shuriken and 1 Gourd sip available by partly abusing the r1-dash-r1-dash-r1 stunlock

Pretty happy with that. Get good scrubshits.

Attached: 598739.jpg (1366x768, 1.12M)

Nice try, DSP.

Attached: DSP Chained Ogre.webm (888x500, 2.81M)

>abusing
The game literally tells you to do dodge attacks for that fight. If the boss AI shits the bed to that then the boss deserves nothing else

Seven Ashina Spears is a cunt and literal Mekiri counter check. Once you get it down he's cakewalk.
Lone Shadow has a shit camera, but he's good practice for your enemies to come. Don't beat yourself too much.

When will brainlets realize she's an optional boss? What are you supposed to do if you reach a high difficulty area in an RPG? You fucking go to an easier area and come back later.
Fucking zoomers all of you who fought her second. How the FUCK did you get through ds1 and ds3 without knowing this basic strategy?

Watching him fight Juzou the Drunkard was the most painful experience I've had in this game, and he's barely gotten anywhere in the game

is this guy a pro streamer? Why and how?

""""pro"""

He's fun to watch.

Attached: DSP Dark Souls Backstabs.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Gotta be an act. Noone could play vidya for a living and remain shit.

Just use cheats user. I don't see what's the issue here, it's a single player game it shouldn't matter that you ignore the designer's intentions of how you should interact with their product.

Found the journo

Attached: 1539981491055.jpg (480x542, 40K)

>die a couple times, enough to know he just uses the two hit attack over and over
>used sneaky candy to see if i could skirt his aggro and it works for one deathblow
>expect to die but he immediately does two double hit attacks in a row and i deflect them all into the second deathblow

something about beating a boss in literally three seconds is great

I didn't realize that blocking and parrying made different sounds and sparks until this fight.

>Hear talk about some dude in armor
>Spear prosthetic mentions removing armor
>Run into dude with knight armor
>Spear does nothing
>Accidentally kick him off the bridge with a deathblow
Was that how the fight was supposed to go? Or was there a thing about ripping off his armor?

He's retarded and obnoxious to the point of it being funny. 99% of his viewers are laughing at him, not with him.

>Was that how the fight was supposed to go?
Yes.

Attached: Armored Warrior Death.jpg (690x388, 47K)

It's not an act, he just fucking hates games at this point but if forced to play all day

Then where’s the guy that I need to use the spear on?

Its a parry fight.
90% of the people complaining about Sekiro being hard are people who don't like parrying.

If this guy was a baka gaijin they should have voiced him in some Euro language and made his armor less eastern.

Bellswinger right after the bridge where they talk about it.

FATHER

Attached: roberto.png (480x371, 12K)

The fat guy in the courtyard with the wolves? Wow that’s disappointing then

If you really want to you can just change the language options specifically for this fight and pretend they did.

how the fuck do you beat guardian ape?

google.com/imaretard

>Firecrackers
>Dodging more than parrying
>Divine confetti during decapitation mode
>Block slam attack, counter with spear
>Mortal Blow apparently deals extra damage to him
>Umbrella blocks screaming, terror buildup included
>Run away during phase 2, bait the sliding swipe. Jump over swipes for free hits

There's actually a lot of options and tricks for grape ape, once you know them

This
Not a single other boss can compete after I beat her

Owl 2 and Isshin are assraping me
But I'm missing 3 health upgrades, should I go back for them or just git gud?

First phase basically be sprinting whenever you aren't attack, like blazing bull. Firecrackers work great to stun him. Any time you see an opportunity to grapple him, take it, it's 2 free hits. If you're gonna get in close, be aware of him swiping grab, it comes out fast and if you're on his left it can get you almost instantaneously. Use R1s only unless you see an opportunity to stagger him Ichimoniji, generally go for no more than 2 hits at a time to stay safe, you can get 6-7 in on a good stagger. It is just as fast/easy to go for his health.
Phase 2 just stay close to him and guard whenever you're unsure. He telegraphs his scream pretty obviously so it's easy to run away from. Any other perilous attack you generally want to jump over.

>we want the legend of korra audience
soundtrack is ok tho

Attached: 1535860158901.png (1500x900, 2.28M)

>spoonfeeding
kys yourself asap as possible.

Dodge left, attack, dodge left, attack, ...

Kindof wish I didn't hear about that strategy and thought the game was hard.

Him and ashina Spears gave me the most trouble in the early game

This.

There is an entire wiki dedicated to spoonfeeding plebs.
What you gonna do about it?
Gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants maybe? Maybe shit and cum?

I don't think I've ever seen someone get hit by the drop kick.

I was THIS CLOSE to getting the second death blow on Great Shinobi Owl before I got triple Omai Wa Mou'd by his poison and antidote denial.
It's just a very frustrating fight to me. It takes a very long time and he doesn't use a single perilous attack so your options to chip damage and posture are limited. He has several possible sword combos and for some reason the game always denies that I parried the second hit in one of his 3-strings. Its just daunting to go at it again because it's a true endurance test. I don't want to fight him for 15 minutes again just to lose, it's physically exhausting.

And by the way I am certain I have max VIT and attack power for where I am too, I've explored super hard and the only things that might still have prayer beads are the 3 Headless minibosses, which isnt enough for a full set.

>learn how to spam dodge attack the enemy

Even her memory said true skill honed in the midst of battle. Truly kino.

you can attack to interrupt that swipe. In fact, half of the dmg to him comes from those attacks.

Headless don't drop beads. But try to bait his overhead leap by staying at medium range, then do a diagonal frontstep and punish.
Get some distance and hold block to regain posture.

Owl quite often mixes up his timings with the sword combos (or sweeps) along with him draining a gazillion posture. Using fire (he is weak to it) and using Mist Raven feather to create new openings mid combo (mostly in phase 2) shortens the fight a lot, it's one of those fights where being aggressive pays off more, because passive play gives him the chance to start pushing your shit in (which prolongs the fight), beat him at his own bullshit and keep at it!

just spam nightjar slash lmao

>he's barely gotten anywhere in the game
He's beaten Owl 2

I don't think it's shuriken > attack. His spirit emblem didn't decreased.

>Weak to fire
How is one supposed to figure out what prosthetics might be good against a boss? Just experiment?
I never figured out who you were supposed to tear armor off of with the spear

Deflect then Mikiri first phase, Jump step second, guess on third

>Using fire
Punishing some of his moves with projected force from the suzaku umbrella fucks him up hard. Especially when he uses his fireworks and leaves himself ope half the time he uses it.

she is a babushka after all she must teach you.

ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Attached: 623F900B-FAEB-4D95-AC0B-771B8FAAEC23.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Why don't people realise that Shurikens only knock her out of the air if she's not standing on the wire

I remember bits of Owl1's fight music and the Senpou Temple fight music.
This game's soundtrack is extremely lackluster

Why lie

I've only just gotten to Fountainhead and beaten the Monk but I've heard nothing but horrible things about Isshin, just how hard is he?

I just rang the bell that says "do not ring"

What the fuck have I done?

Harder than anything you've fought so far anyway, the second hardest boss ingame (after Demon of Hatred).

He has three healthbars, gets increasingly aggresive, shoots a gun, has huge spear sweeps in phases 2 and 3 etc. Atleast you can reverse lightning on him in p3. Fortunately his overhead leap can be cheesed just like Owl's.

Activated hardmode. You can remove it by using the Bell Demon item in the inventory, then get it back by ringing the bell at any time. Only activate it for farming on your first playthrough imo.

You're fucked. Start a new game.

Harder enemies and better item drop. Just make sure you remove it before fighting bosses. Or keep it if that's your thing.

>tfw always die on shit flingers 2nd phase when he's at 25%
FUCK
THIS
SHIT

>my face when attempting to stab Owl for the first time

Attached: 1548979095104.jpg (500x480, 33K)

Use your shuriken to knock her out of the air.

Owl 2 is harder. If you can beat him, you can beat Isshin. The worst part about Isshin is having to go through Genichiro every time.

Attached: Isshin NG+.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

Gwyn's theme is so absurdly memorable that I suspect you didn't beat the game the first time.
youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

>The worst part about Isshin is having to go through Genichiro every time
Wait, what the hell? Why?

Yeah, it doesn’t really do anything for the fight anyway. The bell guys are neat to fight without having an armor stripping gimmick and I don’t think there are any other enemies you can armor strip in the game.

I've actually never had trouble with this guy

I died about 40 times to her, didn't even come close to winning. Then I went and defeated the horse boss guarding the castle gate and the drunken bull. Both were easy and gave me multiple powerups. Add in exploring and I had higher attack power, more vitality, more effective healing, more sips, more abilities such as increased posture damage which is crucial against her. I killed her my first try back. My point is don't try to brute force your way through her. Go and complete other areas of the game, get stronger, then come back and she's easy.

If you're talking about the ape, then just keep your distance, try to parry his strikes (never rely on dodging since his strikes are weird, always parry or block), and wait for his overhead strike with a long windup. If you parry it he's stunned so just lay into him and then start keeping your distance again. If you see him stop and inhale air gtfo so he doesn't scream you to death.
As for his unockable attacks, the swing yiu just need to jump over and to dodge his jump just sprint away and jump as soon as he hits the ground just in case

Because that's how the fight works. You'll understand when you get to it.

he's the warm up boss before isshin

I got all his moves down. I just keep getting fucked from dumb mistakes. Put the controller down for today because I'm getting mad and it just makes me feel like shit.

just remember to pull his bug with spear pull while he's off-balance to give him a lot of posture damage

His bug? When he's off-balance, you mean when I parry his big overhead?

Attached: 1553499256388.png (2931x1416, 784K)

>Ashina Reservoir
>Path into a valley with hat-shield guys guarding a locked door
>Direct path to a spear-guy that kills you in 2 hits and doesn't seem to actually be guarding anything
>some random cavern with a blocked off path and a mini-boss
Is there something I'm missing? Was there a secret path in the underbridge valley I could've gone to?

So technically the entire fight is like 6 phases?

Anybody else find this game's plot confusing as fuck? I went like 1/3 of the game thinking the Owl was Isshin, and that Sekiro had been adopted by Isshin. Instead it's just random dude who is the father. Also why doesn't the fucking kid Kuro just donate some blood? He's part of the Ashina clan and it's in his best interests to save it. Literally give them a few drops and the Ashina clan is saved, the war is over, and all the troubles are gone. Isshin and Genchiro are portrayed as power hunger and evil when in reality they're just pissed some faggot 4 year old is going to let his entire clan be obliterated because he's a pretentious asshole that thinks he knows more than war-hardened veteran adults. Donate blood, they end the war, land goes back to peace. But because the kid think they're evil (no evidence of this, he's pulling it out of his ass) they have to put him in his place to save millions of clan members and citizens. Nothing wrong with that. They weren't going to go on some sort of worldwide genocide tour afterwards, which Kuro thinks will happen for some reason.

Speedruners are all mentally ill trannies with autism

There are two ways to make him down, actually. One is by parrying his big overhead, the other is by parrying one of his combo.
Remember to click the spear button twice to pull.

Check the well where you first start the game.

Cool, thanks friend.

>Owl was Isshin
Retard
>Why doesn't Kuro donate blood
Only one person can have his blood.

Did you get someone to type that post out for you? You seem illiterate.

Filtered by Chained Ogre.

>user in charge of reading
Those darn trannies did a number on you, didn't they?

>I went like 1/3 of the game thinking the Owl was Isshin

Attached: 1554529835523.jpg (483x562, 121K)

I’ve beaten everything except Isshin and DoH

The opening cutscene shows Isshin taking over control of the clan. Then a sharp cut to years later where a slightly older man find a young Sekiro and adopts him. This man is only referred to as "Owl" much later on, and even then it's logical to conclude that "Owl" is a nickname of Isshin. The game was great, but it did a shit job of distinguishing those two characters from each other. Also, Kuro has his blood, Sekiro has his blood, and apparently half the other enemies in the game do as well since they can all revive. Putting that aside, why the fuck does Sekiro need his blood? Kuro should've given it to Genchiro and the war would be ended, the clan saved, and millions of lives preserved. Instead the land continued to be in a state of hell because some retarded kid thinks he knows better than the land's top generals. The only reason the "bad guys" are portrayed as such is because some arrogant brat is killing millions with his pretentiousness. With the lives on the entire clan on the line, drastic measures had to be taken if the kid wouldn't cooperate.

If Genichiro got the blood his jobber ass would give everyone in Ashina Dragonrot

>half the other enemies in the game do as well since they can all revive

Holy shit read what the people are saying you fucking moron this is all explained.

>retarded shit about Kuro giving blood to Genichiro

Yeah let me give my resurrection power to the guy who wants to die in war a million times until he wins by attrition, cant wait to give everyone in the country dragonrot.

It's like you posses no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Here's a SUPER big secret for everybody having trouble with some bosses: You're supposed to cheese the boss by exploiting their AI.
If you keep attacking the boss, eventually they will parry YOU in a big shower of orange sparks. When this happens, immediately start defending because they're going to do a combo. As an as their main combo ends, start attacking them again. If you do it quickly enough, the boss won't start their next attack, they'll defend instead. You can keep bosses trapped in a loop like this, it's super predictable because their AI doesn't have any other way to handle it, and eventually you'll get their posture up enough to deathblow.
If you mess up your timing too much and get hit or let the boss do some weird attack like a grab or sweep, it's not a big deal. Take that opportunity to use a tool like the shinobi fireworks to give yourself some room to breathe and heal before going right back in on them. Sugars and other items can also help a lot.
If their posture keeps going down faster than your can build it up, use one of your other shinobi prosthetic tools to try and get some cheeky damage in on them. Posture regeneration is based on health percentage, so if it's too hard to exploit their AI try to take their health down a little to make it easier on yourself, and also try to keep yourself topped off so your own posture build up doesn't get too high. Also, holding block makes your regenerate posture twice as fast! Exploit the fuck out of that.

>tl;dr
Basically what you're supposed to do is learn each boss's rhythm like it's a rhythm game, and when you do you can patiently force them to repeat the same pattern unti you beat them. Play Sekiro like a rhythm game and you'll win every fight without too much frustration, you can do it.

I thought genichiro was isshin until emma forces you to go talk to him after genny fight

This. I don't know why so many people tried to fight her right away.

Attached: recovery_charm-key-item-sekiro-wiki-guide.png (256x256, 14K)

based

Limited resource, not feasible especially for the amount of times Genichiro would die in his war.

Are you done being an idiot or is there anything eles?

>What am I in for, boys?
Hesitation is defeat.

>Limited resource
[citation needed]

Good think there's plenty of dragon blood drops to instantly cure the entire populace whenever the Dragonrot gets out of control. The Ashina clan still had strong, capable leaders, formidable defenses, and plenty of troops. With the power of Kuro's blood they would easily win the war, effortlessly cure the Dragonrot with a blood drop, and everything is prosperous and peaceful in the land. Instead, Kuro would watch millions die for seemingly no reason other than the fact that he wanted to give his blood to Sekiro instead. Why? Because he was his only "friend". In the grand scheme of things Sekiro is a nobody and useless (who also dies countless times btw, so your argument is moot). Imagine being Genchiro and having the ability to save the entire clan, but getting denied because a 4 year old brat using emotion instead of logic wants to gives his blood to his butt buddy instead. Genchiro was justifiably angry and his reaction was necessary for the longterm well-being of the entire population.

Keep in mind that this move only does posture damage so you should lower his health to the point where his posture recovers slowly before bothering to pull his centipede out

>tfw cheesed her by literally running around the arena in circles occasionally damaging her when she did her sweep attack
>took me 3 tries and no snap seeds
>no memories or prayer necklaces
Feels good brahs

Talk to a certain jar man.

Who I give Ashina sake to bros?

"An item that is rarely dropped by a Divine Heir of the Dragon's Heritage."

If you believe that one man fighting an entire army wouldn't outpace the rare drop of dragon drops to cure dragonrot then you are misguided.

With Kuros blood ONLY Genichiro would get Resurrection, with how hard they get bodied in the end of the game it wouldn't be long until it was just him versus an entire army, and they would keep killing him over and over again until everyone got dragonrot, or they would just immobilize him and keep him locked away forever and the war would still be lost. There was literally no way giving Genichiro the dragonblood would have saved Ashina, it would only give a ton of people dragonrot that could end up killing people before they were cured.

Nah, I whupped him first try last while drunk and stoned at 3 am

Granted I'm on my second playthrough after getting the Shura ending, but even on my first run he only took a couple tries.

Emma, Sculptor, Isshin

Ashina put up a pretty good fight, though.

Attached: Battle for Ashina.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Blue boys did, but the normal foot soldiers got absolutely dumped on by red boys

A man named Owl, with unique armor, unique physical age and appearance, and a muscle build that is very distinctly different from Isshin, adopts Sekiro on the very same day and very same battlefield that Isshin was shown taking power. They even have different voices. It was very clear that Sekiro's dad and Isshin were not the same person, I think you just didn't pay enough attention, dude.
The Divine Heir can only bestow their immortality upon one other person at a time. This is mentioned on several occasions where people seek his contract but realize they literally can't get it while Sekiro has it. Also giving the blood to everyone would be a horrible idea. Sekiro only has to die a few times before everybody starts getting dragon cancer, if it were more than just him sucking the life force out of everyone else's blood, Japan would be a land of lifeless husks.

No enemies in the game have the dragon heritage. You come across some people who are immortal because they drank some magic fountain water that drives them slowly insane and turns them into fishmen, you come across some people who are immortal because they are infested with a giant immortal centipede hatched from eggs laid in the magic fountain water, and you come across ONE little girl who is immortal because the senpou monks tried to recreate the dragon blood immortality using the magic fountain water and she was the only one who didn't die horribly.
Kuro is the Divine Heir of the Dragon's Heritage, and you are the Shinobi he formed his one-at-a-time immortal blood contract with.

Also you literally need a magic blade that KILLS YOU when you draw it in order to get dragon blood from an unwilling subject, or to break the current dragon contract by killing Sekiro. So not only do you need to beat Sekiro in combat, you need to already be immortal and also have a mortal blade in your possession.

Based.

Attached: Mortal Blade.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

What happens if you just leave? Does he stay like that forever?

Probably resets when you rest.

I played the whole game by not using a single prosphetic tool on any bosses or mini bosses (except the purple umbrella for the headless) and not a single cheese strats or running around them like a retard and I'm glad I did, I can beat the game fast and easily in any ng+* now

Attached: 1554657373284.jpg (1800x1071, 262K)

You're a shinobi, you're supposed to use cheese.

Attached: Snake Eyes Shirahagi 2.webm (1220x686, 2.96M)

It was way more fun and rewarding to just get good
This is why I can't take soulfags seriously, they will always try to cheese their way to the end of the game while gloating ab out how difficult their games are

Cheesing is gitting gud.

Attached: Corrupted Monk.webm (480x270, 2.45M)

Cheesing is cheesing, you are still shit and learned nothing in the end

Wrong.

Attached: Snake Eyes Shirahagi.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

It's not. You're at the mercy of the game and hoping it doesn't throw something you can't cheese at you.

That webm looks fun, based Shinobibro.

You can cheese anything and everything in From games.

Attached: Isshin Pepe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

corrupted monk is way too fun to fight only pussies do this

I side step and counter attacked this guy to budda heaven
git gud
you try to parry you get damage anyway

this. usually better to go back to her when you get some upgrades. particularly after blazing bull because damage boost from horse dude helps a bit

You are given the tools to react appropriately to literally every situation the game throws at you.

>Dodge left, attack, dodge left, attack
Unintentionally did this strat playing her like she was Maria. Realized my mistake later going up against the seven spear guy in front of kuro's tower, jobbed to him until I got gud.

If you’re fighting Owl 2, you won’t be able to get all the gourd seeds

What am I watching here?

Poison swamp.

same boat senpai. ashina castle was very overwhelming with decision making.
i need to kill lone purple ninja, spear guy, go in creepy fuckin dungeon, or fight way up the castle for gechiro or w/e his name is.

>>Dodging more than parrying
Why, I just don't get why you all play the game so incorrectly, deflecting is more fun than anything else in this game, why trying to cheese when you can deflect a demon headbutting you or deflect every attacks of the headless ape to make the centipede come out and hit it

He's only hard until you realize kenpo rapes posture.

You can just deflect one hit from her and then hit her with a double ichimonji, it takes her so long to swing again

it will kick your ass if you dont adjust properly. had a way harder time going into it thinking souls than it was going from souls to bloodborne.

Yeah. If you're having trouble with a boss you can pretty much always go elsewhere to get some more health and damage and gourd seeds and come back later.
It'll come back to you until you git gud, though. Upgrades make it so you can make more mistakes, but your goal should be to make no mistakes to begin with.

you can block those magic projectiles? or does it require perfect deflection?

No you don't shitter, just learn how to deflect

he's a bitch

Attached: lone faggot.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

he gave me a hard time too. took me about 5 ish tries. the framerate on consoles on top of my input lag from my tv made it much harder than it should have been. had a lot of camera issues too for some reason.

>played since release
>still haven't beaten the game
What's worse, being a wagecuck or a shitter?

she's totally doable right off the bat. i think the people who struggle with her (and the game in general) don't realize that the game (usually) rewards you for being aggressive. if you press her you can finish her off in both phases without bothering to go after her vitality a whole lot, especially if you deflect her long combo once or twice (which is frankly easier to deflect than most of her other moves since L1 spam basically works just fine). the game also psyches you up about her illusions but in reality you can just sprint up to her and get in some free hits when she tries to do it, bypassing that part altogether.

a shitter, they will cheese the game to the ending while making fun of people cheating when they do basically the same thing

Same. I think that’s even partly the point in a ludonarrative perspective. Her memory says she was Wolf’s teacher and that training was often brutal and firsthand.

Call me crazy but the game reminds me a lot of Metal Gear Revengeance. She was my "Blade Wolf" as I learned to parry and got good at the game thanks to her. No other boss has given me shit like she did.

chained ogre gave me more trouble hate to admit it. didn't feel like a sekiro mini boss but yet another souls bait attack boss

I fought her before I fought MY NAME IS. She was really fun to fight, especially with how you have to make your own openings instead of deflect > attack over and over

so was that shit about yanking the worm out of the ape with the spear prosthetic complete bullshit or is it actually possible?

Corrupted monk boss theme is awesome though. The drums clacking along the beat and the winding unceasing strings section sets a pretty ominous mood of unrelenting pressure, which fits the fight perfectly if you don’t do the cheese for two health bars.

i have more fun discussing the game than playing at this point to be honest. i legit have to stop playing for a few hours at a time unlike bloodborne/souls games where i can just legit keep going if i hit a wall.

its possible, just R2-R2 with the spear when you make the giant ape fall over by deflecting his big overhead chop with the 3-second-windup

Wait are there other bosses before her?

Why don't you try it for yourself?

>especially with how you have to make your own openings

yes exactly, i find the same tactic holds true for most "humanoid" enemies (including genichiro as well). though in fairness playing her 1st phase more conservatively is viable too, she opens herself up a lot and she is pretty easily dodged, it's just that her stupid little butterflies in the 2nd phase are a pain in the ass to dodge so it's a lot easier to just go ham on her before the butterflies have time to wear you down (and by extension you can practice being aggressive in her 1st phase since her moveset doesn't really change, you're just likely to take chip damage during the 2nd). literally her only "dangerous" move is her grab.

lol get good.

Attached: sekiro.png (976x214, 106K)

i'm not that far. the game kicks my ass. i just want to see it though.
i still haven't beat the butterfly and i'm at the mini boss before gecichiro. i'm scared of the dungeon and need to kill purple ninja in the well and seven spears

Gook music is fucking terrible

I don't know if Hirata Estate is actually skippable, but you can go pretty far and fight Genichiro before fighting her. At least that's what I'm doing right now on NG+.

Quickdraw Samurai is really easy

Senpou Kick is the ninja annihilator

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.30 - 19.02.36.02.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

At least learn what the insults you use mean, retarded inbred.

Gyobu

Hirata Estate is entirely optional.

does the demon bell still make the enemy do more damage with no kuro's charm handicap, or do they not stack?

not the same guy, but he took me a stupid amount of tries because i kept blocking too late.

It's the only way I could defeat him.

All you have to do with Butterfly is sword fight her. Every time she jumps on her strings, just hit her with a Shuriken and she eats dirt.

Attached: 1376617104727.jpg (447x628, 82K)

After a while I noticed that a lot of her strings have delays in them, or are slow to come out. Like how you can dodge her heel drop and immediately punish. And there's no real penalty for being up her ass constantly, none of her moves are so fast they're borderline unreactable. It's such a dynamic fight in that sense

As someone who's played all the soulsborne games I didn't buy much into the too hard meme since it's said literally every time a new fromsoft game comes out, but it turns out it was true this time. This game is literally impossible. I've never played a more difficult video game in my life.

>bragging about beating Lone Shadow Longswordsman
>both webms feature people that faced him way later than they were supposed to

Look at their god damn health bars and abilities. Even on NG this is dishonest. Why does Yea Forums do this?

I'm pretty shit at the game so I always hold my guard up when deflecting, it works very well.

does the purple ninja guarding the mist raven tool respawn?
i came across him on accident and just ran by him and gnabbed the tool instead.

it's not that bad. eventually it will start to click. if you played a lot of souls you need to get our of the "dodge button = instawin" mindset.

>Boss that is just Gwyn 2
Wow I regret buying this weeb garbage.

getting a parry killing blow on an out of range enemy does that

Based.

>Find her before horseman
>OH SHIT Yea Forums TALKED ABOUT HER
>Fight starts, quickly learn to mash R1 until deflected, then deflect back and mash R1 again
>First phase dies
>Oh that wasn't so bad
>Summons her clone army

Peaced the fuck out until I had a few health upgrades after that

>beat her first phase
>wtf this bitch is easy, I didn't even die once and only used 3 sips!
>mfw

Attached: 1541813011876.png (460x460, 429K)

They are NG+ fagboi, and the first one you quoted is with no Kuro's Charm, so even perfect deflects bring your posture to max (and with blocks you still take 25% chip damage) plus every enemy is much stronger than normal

>Seven Ashina Spears is a cunt and literal Mekiri counter check.

i royally suck at mikiri in this game. axe works wonders on this fucker; stealth deathblow for 1 health bar, and then R1 R1 R2 R1 R2 etc. with axe got me to the 2nd deathblow in like 10-15 seconds.

>theres 5 bosses do this same shit

Attached: 1504753908001.jpg (800x625, 44K)

the clones disappear after a bit at which point you can just avoid the butterflies and then its a normal fight, or better yet you can just sprint up to her and interrupt her "minion summoning" for free hits to her vitality.

>They are NG+ fagboi
>so even perfect deflects bring your posture to max

You do realize one can simply watch the webm and see you are lying?

It's pretty damn bullshit.

>Everything before then teaches you to block, attack until parried, and then parry back
>Along comes this shit
>Literally the only way to beat him is to do nothing and perfect parry his shit (or use the umbrella to ezparry)
>Actively punishes you for trying to swipe or do anything other than sit still and wait to counter
>No other enemy or boss for the rest of the game plays by the same ruleset and wants you to play aggressive instead of passive/counter

It's a good way of teaching you "no, parrying is essential in this game" but it undoes anything you may have learned from Madame Butterfly before the fight, and makes it harder to realise you can't just wait and parry Genichiro moments later.

Why are people moaning about sekiro being too hard to beat?
Is it because in Dark Souls you can just summon a legion of phantoms and have them do it for you?
Sekiro is legit not that much harder than Dark Souls and even easier in some aspects like having a save before a bosfight or easily being able to sneak past any enemies in the way.
Or is it because you can't hide behind a shield like 80% of Dark Souls players?

I figured that out pretty quickly. Also that her jumps onto a wire were basically a "please shuriken me for a massive posture hit" window.

After four days of being stuck on this bitch and the bull, yesterday I managed to kill them both on my first try after getting back from work.
But like five minutes later I got wreck by a giant lance niga and some underground ninja, fuck this shit.
Honestly, I just want to give up and go replay Bloodborne or some shit.

>and the first one you quoted is with no Kuro's Charm
Actually, no, you can even see it from the icons.
That user posted my Webm and that was a ng+ run with just the bell demon.
Don't really know why people are getting so riled up about a webm that was supposed to just show stylish gameplay, I made tons of those and still do.

Dark Souls gives you a billion options to cheese. Sekiro doesn't. You were naive if you thought most people were beating Dark Souls straight up. Especially since some fights force you to cheese because of their poor design.

Just stop playing dude, that's one of the easiest fights in the game

he hasn't beaten her yet

>Or is it because you can't hide behind a shield like 80% of Dark Souls players?

1) shields stopped being useful when DaS1 DLC got released

2) in souls, dodge button = instawin

3) people still complain about SOTFS "muh artificial difficulty" and other faggotry, its not unique to sekiro, it's just the newest game

>even easier in some aspects like having a save before a bosfight or easily being able to sneak past any enemies in the way.
Like all souls games?
Lmao, you people never learn.

How can you suck at Mikiri?
It is so much easier than even parrying the thrusts. The window for it is huge

He takes chip damage through block at 6 seconds, and his posture is nearly at max at the end of the fight despite deflecting all but one attack (the kick at 6 seconds).
Also you can see the fucking Kuro's Bell icon below his HP bar.

And for the other webm there's no way you can get the lazulite axe without fighting lone shadow first

I meant the first one he quoted as in literally the first one he quoted in his post, not first one posted chronologically

Part of it lies in not having other options.

>Can't grind to level up and out-stat bosses
>Can't summon 2 dudes to do the fight for you
>Can't spec into magic to fight at range and focus on dodging
>Can't equip a set of armour or special ring to make the encounter easier

Your only option is to learn how to parry and keep on the offensive. Which the gameplay relies on to be fun. Which is why an easy mode is a bad idea.

Honestly the only thing I'd recommend to tone down the difficulty is increasing revives and removing the "can only revive once" mechanic. Basically, make it like Furi.

Dark Souls doesn't require you to be absolutely perfect all the time to beat it.

Is he a casual filter?

Attached: Seven Ashina Spears.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

>How can you suck at Mikiri?

By thinking you need the same timing as the parry, instead of realising "oh I just dash towards them the moment the symbol appears cool"

>He takes chip damage through block at 6 seconds, and his posture is nearly at max at the end of the fight despite deflecting all but one attack (the kick at 6 seconds).

Yeah, that happens on your first game too. Go watch any video.

>And for the other webm there's no way you can get the lazulite axe without fighting lone shadow first

Yes that's my point. It's dishonest. I can make mincemeat of most of the bosses without them touching me once but that doesn't mean they didnt crush me tons of times.

>How can you suck at Mikiri?
adunno, i just cant do it reliably.

>Honestly, I just want to give up and go replay Bloodborne or some shit.
That's fine. The difficulty of Sekiro definitely isn't for everybody.

Even that's not true for delayed attacks.

Why would easy nonrequired miniboss be casual filter?

So people need to learn to make an opening for themselves instead of waiting and dodging the whole time like some fag.
Neither does sekiro

Attached: 1554800358443.webm (1280x720, 2.42M)

Games journo spotted.

There needs to be more spear dudes in the game. The first few times you fight them they seem bullshit. Then you realise the movesets associated with mikiri counters (including the follow up attack where parrying makes them stumble) and they become laughably easy.

Which in turn makes the final boss seem super easy.

>Yeah, that happens on your first game too. Go watch any video.
No it doesn't. You normally don't take chip damage unless you're blocking elemental / magic-charged attacks

>After four days
be real here, you play like 15min a day or what?

I'm replaying Bloodborne now and it's so much harder than Sekiro.
I've died more times to Ludwig than any boss in Sekiro.
Both are great games though.

Don't be thick. He's talking about margin of error. You can just stand around on darksouls about 10x longer than you can on Sekiro and survive.

>and it's so much harder than Sekiro.
Other way around.

Sekiro has a resurrection mechanic so you don't have to be perfect. Fucking retard

I was talking about his posture going to max. If your whole arguement is that it's NG+ that's fucking stupid and evasive and u know it.

He said 'be perfect all the time' so yeah sekiro doesn't need you to be perfect all the time either

Except it actually does, Sekiro feels like doing a SL1 run except the enemies have way more options in their attacks so you can't just dodge and r1 cheese the whole way through the game.

wat

When the perilous attack icon appears, just put your guard up and watch to see what it is, because you usually have a good second to react. Most enemies don't have grabs so it's usually either thrust or sweep (so either dodge towards them or jump towards them, depending on which it is). More enemies tend to do thrusts than sweeps

it works fine if you time it like a parry

Stop playing it like a souls game. It's not a souls game. Playing it like a souls game will make you eat dirt.

>It's not a souls game.
It's a Souls game.

So your complaining that you need to actually learn the game and that you can't cheese through it?

Spam Nightjar slash in the first round. Use shuriken to knock her out of the air and go for a hit and run approach in the second round.

>No other enemy or boss for the rest of the game plays by the same ruleset

The giraffe centipedes are basically the same.. Even at full health their stamina recovers slowly and perfect parrying + jumping the follow up sweep kills them super fast

You don't understand, Kuro's Charm NG+ is on a whole different level from NG or NG+, no matter if you got all prayer beads or all abilities learned. You are so, so much weaker than you are normally when you have the charm. Your posture gets broken in like 3 blocks or one un-blocked attack, then you are dead meat to the combo finisher.

I just beat NG+ Ludwig and OoK and maybe died like 4 times between them, and I'm still stuck on Juzou the Drunkard after several attempts. Bloodborne is not harder than Sekiro lmao

BBdrones have been in full damage control ever since Sekiro released.

Attached: Wolf.jpg (1080x600, 67K)

How is it a Souls game?

Sekiro is way easier because you can just block and deflect 100% damage from 95% of attacks. BB your only options are to dodge or interrupt

>Sculptor's Idols = Bonfires
>Gourd = Estus
>Non-linear world design
>Simple combat system focused on diverse enemy variety and encounter design
>Vertical level design
>Lots of cryptic aspects that are contextualized in the game world (using the Spear on Guardian Ape to pull the centipede out)
>Optional areas
>Multiple endings

>"I-i-it's totally not a Souls game!"

That's an end-tree skill, and you will need to grind like a motherfucker on early-game enemies to get it.

Can you kill Owl then do the Return ending or does it lock you into purification

Actually he is one of the minibosses who are easier to beat in Souls bait-and-punish style. He has a miserable amount of posture, so just make him whiff once and wail on him.

BB gives you effectively infinite healing and an entire RPG system that you can over level yourself with, not to mention broken weapons, like the Saw Cleaver.
Sekiro is harder.

>No other enemy or boss for the rest of the game plays by the same ruleset and wants you to play aggressive instead of passive/counter
The claw guys beg you to remain passive too, they're never hard but you're just prolonging the fight by being aggressive with them when they'll literally kill themselves in 20 seconds if you just sit back and stomp on them.

>1) shields stopped being useful when DaS1 DLC got released

You can shit on every boss in that DLC with Artorias' greashield.

That’s the point
That’s what the entire game is
That’s why they did it, so you have to get gud

I literally cannot comprehend how people are losing to this boss and the telegraphing ogre that doesn't even trap you in an arena.

I've never really gotten properly stuck on anyone, I duno what you guys count as such, I guess if I had to I'd say genichiro and guardian ape took the most tries but even them I beat without much frustration.
I guess I just don't get frustrated at games, I find them pretty relaxing to be honest, another game I can just zen mode and auto-pilot it until I win, did the same for shit like cuphead and getting over it with bennett foddy lol, which I only bring up cause I know that one was supposedly rage bait but I found it relaxing as hell, beat it once and then did a victory lap in a fraction of the time, very satisfying.

Levels are not harder or even easier. Bosses are shitload harder, because even cheese strategies just make the fight easier, instead of allowing to buttonmash a boss to death.

Chained Ogre is somewhat understandable.

Attached: sekiroisagoodgame3.webm (640x360, 1.35M)

The combat is wildly different though retard

>tfw about to fuck up Owl 2.0
>stab the cunt for his last bit of vitality
>fucker Mikiri counters me and 1 hit KO perma kills me
fuck

Attached: 1307633.jpg (854x859, 372K)

I only ever stab him in the ass. Don't use shadowrush either

only genuine cheese I've found is you can hide up on the cliff and wait for the snake-eyes to die in the poison swamp, only jumping down to death blow them to the second health bar and then finishing them off.

It's still built on the same principles as the Souls games.

I'm not saying it doesn't share things with the Souls series, but it is significantly different to play despite the similarities.

Also, half of the things you listed can be found in hundreds of other games as well.

>getting hit by fucking butterfly
yeah gid gud srsly user

Guess every action game is a souls game now

I was stuck on this dude for like 3 days, 100+ attempts. By the time I beat him I countered every single attack and won the fight perfectly. I was determined not to get filtered

No it's not. If you try to play Sekiro like a souls game you will get fucked. Sekiro requires you to un-learn souls game playing habits.
You CANNOT play Sekiro like you would play Dark Souls or Bloodborne because the game is literally designed to play completely differently.

I know your post is obvious bait but some people unironically believe some of this.
>checkpoints and a refillable healing item are what souls games are
There are 5 souls games and a third of them don't have those features.
>non-linear world design
Only Bloodborne and Demon's Souls had world design you could even remotely classify as non-linear. On a good day you could say maybe a third of Dark Souls 1 can be played non-linearly. It's most definitely not a series staple, and beyond that it's ridiculous to say non-linearity is a genre defining feature.
>simple combat system
The combat cycle in souls games is nothing special. It's foundationally built on pressing the roll button at the right time with near 0 functional depth beyond that. Souls combat isn't simple it's barebones.
Even just the way Sekiro handles perilous attacks with the rock paper scissors system for dealing with whatever the boss is gonna throw out, makes combat unfathomably more complex than dark souls and it's barely fucking anything.

Dude his post is trying to say that things like optional areas and multiple endings are what defines a souls game, there might be people at stupid as he appears to be but this guy is actually just baiting you into taking him seriously.

he was talking about the style of combat. you can't just mash dodge to win in sekiro, which means playing it like a souls game is gonna give you a hard time. that said, yes obviously it is a souls-type game as far overall mechanics.

Ok, but you can you name games that do all of those things at the same time? Closest thing would probably be Zelda, but even that's a stretch. Sekiro has more in common with the Souls games than anything else, even Tenchu.

People aren't understanding how hitboxes work with ogre though, it looks bullshit but you actually just fucked up.
He goes into his dive grapple and emits a hitbox as wide as his arms, if you clip it he'll be locked onto you no matter what, it's just the animation looks janky because he's so large, that he turns in the air, if he turns in the air like that it's because you were already grabbed, he didn't turn just to grab you, the turn happens when the animation triggers.
You'll notice the player is still well within his grasp when he starts his leap, and the dodge mechanic isn't like in dark souls, you don't get a massive window of invincibility frames where you can clip through shit, if you get tagged you're tagged, dodges are for avoiding entirely, not for dodging through.
This is where dark souls players are getting fucked over and being made salty as fuck.

>seething this hard

Attached: hahahahahahaha kek.gif (675x227, 73K)

Dark Souls 1 and 2 are more non-linear than Bloodborne. The only one that isn't non-linear is Hallway Souls 3.

Attached: Dark Souls 1 versus 2 Map Comparison.png (1430x818, 108K)

Literally one of the easiest bosses in the game

ogre is hard because of the bullshit grabs

>Sekiro is way easier because you can just block and deflect 100% damage from 95% of attacks. BB your only options are to dodge or interrupt

Fucking bullshit (saying as someone who platinumed Bloodborne). If you have relfexes to consistently deflect in Sekiro, dodge windows in BB will seem highly generous to you. If you don't have reflexes to consistently deflect, not only most bosses and mini-bosses will fill your posture with a few strikes, you will also get whacked for damage from time to time trying to do so. Furthermore, the penalty for getting hit is much harsher, and enemies are more aggressive. Only defiled Watchdog and defiled Amygdala in BB require precision in execution and understanding of their moveset on par with Sekiro's bosses.

press dodge the moment he launches
can't believe ppl bitch about ogre

Grabs are still gay though.

>Only defiled Watchdog and defiled Amygdala in BB require precision in execution and understanding of their moveset on par with Sekiro's bosses.
*blocks your path*

Attached: Orphan of Kos.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

You learned how to overcome an enemy through exploiting the games mechanics.
Try not to be so butthurt about cheesing, there's still plenty of uncheesable shit in this game, no need to get mad about it ya know?

*ruins your game*

Attached: sekiro-demon-of-hatred.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 129K)

This, what were they thinking?

grabs aren't fun
>thrust : mikiri, huge posture damage, cool animation
>sweep : double jump, huge posture damage, cool animation, can even high monk kick for style points
>regular attacks : parry at the right time, satisfying as fuck
>grabs : LOL JUST DODGE / RUN BRO (and pray that you don't get teleported)
I beat ogre both in NG and NG+ so I'm not exactly bitching, I just understand why people find him annoying.

Pthumerian Descendant is harder than any boss in Sekiro unless you are playing with the Kuro's Charm handicap. Deflecting is OP as shit

Interconnectivity isn't the same thing as non-linearity. You can loop back around after you clear the right areas, sure, but non-linearity is about player options and level clear order, and that comes into play before interconnected short cuts.
Again, I would only call the first third or so of Dark Souls 1 non-linear, and it all gets especially curtailed once you get the lordvessel.
Dark Souls 2 can be moderately non-linear but only really with some deliberate sequence breaks.
Dark Souls 3 is literally just a straight line through the whole game though, yeah. It's really uninspired and lazy, even in the actual level design itself.

I think you can double jump on regular grabs (where you are grabbed with hands) for extra posture damage like you can for sweeps. I have done it to Chained Ogre and Emma before and it makes the same "SLAM" noise that it makes whenever you do bonus posture damage via a head kick on sweep or shuriken on airborne enemy

She's really difficult on NG+ imo. Got the Ape on my 3rd try and Genichiro on my 1st but she's destroying me for some reason. I don't know, her posture seems absurdly high with Bell Demon and no Kuro charm so missing a deflect really fucks my HP up

confetti is useful against spirits and demons

Try to only parry in NG+ and see how far that gets you

He's a good boss. It's just his fireball attack that is shit and his excessive amount of health.

A shitter, at least wagecucks got money for food and vidya.

I didn't even know how to open to door until after I had fought owl. For some reason I never just went straight at hirata and see owl die. After I did I was already way too strong and made mince meat of her.

You have infinite stamina and there's basically no penalty for whiffing a deflect, you'll still block the attack unless you're literally retarded. You just hold L1 most of the time and tap it whenever you see the boss do the right animation. Parry frames are super forgiving if you're not just mashing the button, every whiffed deflect reduces the active frames on deflection for a second to disincentivize mashing the button like I'm sure you're doing.
Sekiro doesn't have generous dodge windows because you shouldn't be dodge rolling attacks like you're playing a souls game you retard.
There is not a single boss in the game that will keep comboing you until posture break like you're describing unless YOU fucked something up. If your posture is building up too fast just hang back and hold block for a second you retard. The game isn't suddenly super hard and unforgiving, you just didn't pay attention to your posture bar. Heal if you're low on health. It's really not that hard.

Honestly it really sounds like you're trying to play the game like dark souls or Bloodborne.
Try doing what this guy is talking about

Is he using a god damn placenta as a weapon

Yeah he literally just crawled out of his dead mother's womb.

Wow I should really play BB after Sekiro.

wait til you get to Owl 1 wew

The shitty training guy with the super telegraphed moves don’t teach you shit about the game since no one is as easy or predictable as him

Go for it, Bloodborne is a pretty good game.

chained ogre doesn't help either. bait out attacks and punish when the game encourages deflecting later on.
also beating the drunkard felt unsatisfying because it felt like i was cheesing him by taking out the henchmen and then gettin a sneak attack on him while also getting the worthless samurai to help out

firecrackers are so useful but damn do they take the difficulty away for most bosses

Orphan is a normalfag boss, he's only considered le hardest because most people don't bother with endgame chalices.

>Sekiro exposed 90% of the Dark Souls players as Phantom Summoning fags
This alone makes this game the best out of all the Souls games.

How do I git gud in Bloodborne?

Dodge hit dodge hit dodge, fight like an anime character.

Mash R1 with an untricked Saw Cleaver.

He teaches you a lot of important features and lets you practice timing and shit on simple telegraphed attacks that you know are coming.
He's not supposed to be free boss practice dude just go fight the actual boss for that.

Where can I farm some possession balloons so I can farm some more fulminated mercury>

>I believe you mean figuratively impossible.
Literally has a secondary definition that means figuratively in the dictionary now. All is lost.

i thought the meta for saw weapons was to do trick attacks over and over

Technically, yes, but unless you're speedrunning, R1 is fine.
R1 R1 L1 does do more damage, but it's not necessary.

Quote 5 peer reviewed studies to prove your numbers.

shame bloodletter is kinda deep into the dlc but thats probably my favorite weapon and would love to start the game with it off the bat.

That's my biggest issue with BB: All the fun weapons are pretty far into the game. The only weapon that's really fun from the starting ones is the Threaded Cane. The other two just make the game too easy.

wtf how do you have so much health at that point.