I just want to beat him already, bros. What the fuck do I do? Also, why is Ludwig a horse?

I just want to beat him already, bros. What the fuck do I do? Also, why is Ludwig a horse?

Attached: 56463e536.jpg (775x638, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just run up to him and hit him with your sword and don't stop hitting with your sword or go somewhere not right up on him.

>Also, why is Ludwig a horse?
Horse faced demons and rivers/lakes of blood are common motifs in Buddhist depictions of hell.

Attached: Horse-Face_of_the_Underworld.jpg (450x291, 123K)

He's a horse because it's probably, unironically, a berserk reference to the rape horse, but Miyazaki and team decided that Ludwig would rape you in a different way. It may also be symbolic to how Ludwig was probably running everywhere like a horse during hunts. Or something, I dunno.

You have to master beating his first phase if the second phase is giving you trouble. The two phases are polar opposites of each other, which is why often people will have trouble with at least one of the forms. The design is pretty evil: phase one is his beast form with quick, one-shot level damage attacks and a lot of hectic movement, while phase two gives him more range with the sword and his animations are generally slower to fake you out, so you twitch and dodge too early and get COUNTER hit for massive fuckton of damage. He also has a few quick hits mixed in there.

Generally? Hit and back off. Don't try to stun him or do anything with a long animation at point blank range. You HAVE to learn his attacks if you wanna perform well against him UNLESS you're a high level character in which case dodging normally and mashing with your most powerful weapons can get you through him if you're not even above New Game+. I've seen people facetank Ludwig with level 200+ characters or some shit, it's stupid. Good luck.

Attached: 0_3TSL.jpg (597x423, 16K)

He literally fused with his horse.
I mean you aren't wrong, symbolically speaking, but there's also a literal element to his transofmration: he became completely fused with his horse when the blood took over.

Attached: edward-delandre-ludwig-the-holy-blade-web.jpg (1920x1358, 428K)

Go to sleep and beat him on your second try tomorrow, son.

Literally the best boss in the entire series.

Thematically and aestetically, maybe, along with Maria.
But mechanically, no, the Orphan of Kos stand supreme as peak Miya.

I think it's Maria, but respect your opinion and would not even fault you for thinking such.

Bring an ally (I'm pretty sure there's one close to him you can summon) and the fight will be leagues more manageable. One of the few bosses where an ally is genuinely helpful just to get him off your ass for a bit.

I thought this was all European shit though?
I'm in NG+++ since I wanted to get all the ending/achievements before buying the DLC. I guess I should try to keep my distance and see if it works
Yeah, gonna try this too
Ehh, that feels a little like cheating. You mean an NPC? Is there one? I didn't see any bell

Attached: 3QtQq0K.png (949x1250, 689K)

i agree, while orphan is objectively harder, ludwig is absolutely kino

>I thought this was all European shit though?
The entire Souls series contains european themes but theyr'e all seen trough a japanese mindset and mixed with japanese mythos.
Much like Berserk itself, the building block for this entire series.

Aah, you were at my side, all along.
My true mentor...
My guiding moonlight...

youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

Attached: file.png (960x1183, 1.36M)

Or maybe it refers to to the fact he comes from a long line to honorable warriors. Horses are traditionally symbolic of power, grace, nobility, strength, and freedom, something that is encapsulated by Ludwig's design. Not to mention, he may have transformed into a horse like beast because he used them out on the nights of the hunt.

Attached: radiant sword hunter.jpg (750x343, 34K)

NPCs aren't cheating, get that out of your head right now. Ludwig is legit one of the hardest bosses in the game and jolly co-op has been a key soulsborne element since DeS.

As for summoning NPCs, if you're in The League and equip Impurity, you can summon ol' buckethead himself, Valtr, right in front of the boss room. Whirlygig saw is cool af to watch, but he doesn't do much damage at all. He's mainly there to tank for you and get aggro off you to give you some breathing room.
You can also summon Old Hunter Harriet elsewhere, but she's not particularly good for much at all.

Where was it stated he rode out on horse back?

Don't be a faggot and summon, OP. Don't cheat yourself from besting the Holy Blade.

Oh, you can also summon the Younger Madaras Twin but he's kinda far IIRC and also not particularly useful either. I had the best luck with buckethead.

No, but horses exist in Yharnam, so it wouldn't be a stretch that he'd utilize steeds in hunts.

Attached: Ludwig, the Holy Blade.jpg (1280x1765, 294K)

Bloodborne racing confirmed.

Here's leaked pics for the next entry in the BB IP.

Attached: BBKart.jpg (700x788, 78K)

Summoning isn't for faggots, it's part of the game and perfectly viable. You're still going to have to solo Orphan of Kos, Maria and Gherman, all of which are challenging and fun fights. Although FUCK Orphan.

>that move
based

Attached: Star Wars.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

It is for faggots, actually.
You're babying yourself by using an npc to distract him. What a joke.

The player can do a version of it with the transform attack from 2h to 1h on the Holy Moonlight Sword

>"If you don't play my way, you're having fun wrong!"

I summoned once to beat Ebrietas, and the Mensis guy tanked all the beams that insta-killed me while I heavy attacked him (her?) to death. Didn't feel right, but I can try it if I get tired. I have 99 insight so I need to use that somehow anyways

Ebrietas is ezpz when you find the sweet spot and learn when to back off. Ludwig is tough because in his second form he gets way more unpredictable and his attacks hit much larger areas. However, that is when he's at his most vulnerable since he has the barf beam, which leaves him wide open if you can get around it.

>him (her?)
>Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos

Attached: 1506984252394.jpg (720x720, 19K)

Is the Ludwig fight the coolest moment Miyazaki's ever made?

Ludwig's first form is way harder than his second

Attached: hulking abomination.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

I didn't say you're having fun wrong. I said you're a faggot for trivializing a boss due to "HE'S ONE OF THE HARDEST BOSSES LMAO".

Attached: bad motherfucker.jpg (1465x875, 1.81M)

Meh, I just summoned two NPCs at the same time and beat him first try. I don't even remember who those NPCs were but one of them died near the end of the fight.

and as we all know Blopborg is very heavily influenced by buddhist mythology

god i love this song but i cant find anything else like it

>meh, I just double cheated and killed him first try
Meh indeed

>bait attack
>dodge
>poke his sides
>dodge
>repeat until phase 2
>get close while avoiding moon zaps
>try your best to stay behind him and getting hits
>if he points his sword downwards, fuck off
>if he points it upwards, stay THE FUCK behind him
wa la

Are you having trouble with first or second phase?

First. I could only get to his second phase twice

spoiler: it's made by japs

Good news is the second phase is much easier because hes not as wild. First phase you just need to space him or learn the dodge timing of his combos. Watch out for the charge and ice spray because they can auto-correct pretty hard. Dont look to speed through it, attrition his ass by playing safe and poking him down until second phase.