And that's a GOOD thing!

And that's a GOOD thing!

Attached: 2.png (809x744, 461K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1115674026628636673
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

unironically based

that's basically what the dragon mask is there for anyway so... cool?

Here are 4 reasons why.

> Google PC Gamer
> See they Rated Skyrim as the GOAT PC Game
> Doom barely made the Top 50
> Bioshock Infinite was in the Top 20
Not even surprised

>people are still falling for hateclicks

>cheats at a game
>feels no shame
Libtards are the optimum of hypocrisy.

This is why we need an easy mode, if gamers are bing forced to cheat to beat a game.

>PC cucks

Doom isn't good, it aged like shit & most people don't care about it. IGN & Yea Forums are the only places you see constantly circlejerking it

>Tyrone fucked my wife in front of me after beating me up and I feel fine
>No shame.

He couldn’t take the heat and deleted his Twitter.

>aged like shit
aged better than almost any other shooter from the 90s. those sprites are timeless

Reminder:

The conversation is about pic related being indefensible and NOT about people using Cheat Engine on games they purchase

Attached: james davenport.png (1479x224, 110K)

What pathetic bait. At least try not to be so obvious next time.

who cares lul, let them do whatever. you don't whine when anyone else does it

Sekiro's final boss is some bullshit, honestly.

If it wasn't obvious, it's bigtime spoiler territory from here on out.

First up is Genichiro, who I already bested in the early hours of Sekiro. He's not so bad, but a simple mistake or two can suck down a couple health gourds, and I'll need all my gourds to even get practice in with the next bit, which is just three more phases of a mad grandpa decked out with some of the quickest, deadliest moves in the game.

Die and you start with Genichiro again. No checkpoint, even though he's set up as a bluff. Beat him and Isshin the Sword Saint, aka Sword Grandpa, bursts out of his skin and says hello. It's a four phase boss fight and I hate it. I know. It was easy for you. Cool! I spent hours on some of Sekiro's bosses. I just don't have the time or impetus to prove I can do the sword thing well again. The blade and I get along just fine. I'm looking for a different kind of payoff from Sekiro at this point.

So after spending a few mornings trying to take the Sword Saint, Isshin Ashina, down, I figure, fuck it! Let's give that slowdown mod tool a try.

What a godsend. I can adjust the speed of the game as I play it because it patches the active memory, live. Sekiro should've had this built in, Celeste-style, or as part of Hanbei's training set. Sekiro doesn't give much opportunity for in-depth, focused practice to the player. To learn a boss requires throwing yourself at it time and time again, which works eventually. I have patience. I wouldn't have reached the end of the game without it. But to stretch it out like this?

Attached: 9.png (412x481, 542K)

Even though I finished Sekiro without cheats, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them. There are definitely moments where it feels like the devs just wanted to make the experience as frustrating as possible for no particular reason.

Sometimes I use cheat engine to give myself unlimited money in RPGs so I can feel what it's like to not be poor.

Attached: Watermelon.gif (400x225, 985K)

Yeah but most people don't write guides on the game.

Difficult games are emblematic of toxic masculinity, and that's a bad thing, and gamers are furious about it - here's why.

Take it easy
I can get into Isshin's 2nd and 3rd phases without the tool on occasion, but it's so easy to slip up unless I'm on the entire time. Considering it takes 5-10 minutes, and more as I progress, of near perfect execution and concentration to reach a new sticking point, the point where I get a split-second opportunity to observe and practice against a new move or special attack, learning the final boss is a hell of a time sink.

The lightning attacks don't help things, which aren't too difficult to dodge after spending a few hours getting to the third phase and dying to them over and over. It wouldn't be a FromSoft game without a frustrating elemental damage type.

Sure, there's a return mechanic, but it's rarely practiced outside of boss battles until the very last stage, and even then, timing your jumps with swift lightning returns against a set of lightning attacks with different release timings—nah, I'm good. This isn't fun, it's just four stages of fuck-you-prove-yourself difficulty.

Difficulty is one axis of Sekiro, not the orbital center.

I admire FromSoft games for much more than the challenge. The small, sad stories; the conversational level design; the idiosyncratic design touches. Sekiro’s difficulty is much more prescriptive than the Souls games, too. Bosses are lock and key challenges that require the gradual build up of instinct and intuition in response to their particular attack patterns.

If Doom is so good then why isn't it as highly regarded as Bioshock, Half-Life, GoldenEye, Metroid Prime, COD4, Halo & Portal? Influence is people's only argument for it being good, not actual the quality of the game itself

It works most of the time. Sekiro's best bosses are great teachers. I really liked the second bout with the Corrupted Monk. With a few hours of space and practice between meetings and a moveset consisting of clearly telegraphed, but swift and strange attack rhythms, the Monk feels designed to show off your own muscle memory to you. Those slow burn epiphanies are one Sekiro's greatest assets.

And there's the ape, who teaches two different playstyles and attitudes. Phase one: matching the aggression of a big beast even if the odds feel tipped against you. Phase two, the great inversion: cautious and distant play against an otherworldly creature with uncanny, fluid movements. It's a flexibility test. Once you get how you're supposed to play, each stage is a cinch. But sometimes bosses are straight up tests of endurance and reflex and difficulty for the sake of difficulty. The final boss is one of them.

Nothing is lost
An hour or so in, I slow the action down by 50 percent with the intent to study Isshin's moveset. I plan on leaping off the cliff once I get cozy, and then juicing up the speed back to normal. But it feels too good to stop. So I finish the guy off in slow motion, watch a predictably brief From ending (I got the 'good' one too) and let the credits roll. The adrenal high, the sense of accomplishment, the themes and motifs and memories are still flowing through me. Nothing is lost. I love this damn game.

Good, public shaming on cheaters who feel no shame in cheating is great. I Encourage it myself. Players work hard to win, but these faggots who feel entitled to be handed the story bits without working for it. They need to fuck off. I say give them their easy mode, but lock all the story cinematic bits, and content behind normal mode. So they have nothing BUT gameplay in easy mode.

Imagine being so far up your own ass that you think anyone cares about whether you cheat or not. Who the fuck even is this and why should anyone care?

I still don't see the problem, its a shit tier website anyway. i dont know what people honestly expected

i died to demon of hatred from his charge on his literal last pixel of health and i said fuck it and used a trainer because i deserved that kill

Some might say I missed out on the intended catharsis, sidestepping the 'artist's intent.' So what? There’s nothing to preserve for the greater good in Sekiro’s design. I'll get what I can from it. And I got a lot from Sekiro.

Feeling good about what I play and why I play it is ultimately up to me.

Sekiro is certainly a game about overcoming challenges, and I’ve felt that from it quite often. I've felt solidarity and sadness in seeing our modern conflicts echoed in set pieces that depict the cyclical nature of violence, all directed by a select few in power. I laughed—alone, manically—after meeting Kite Guy. I saw anger dissolve into pity and coalesce into regret after bumping into the headless ape a second time, only for a perfectly healthy family member or friend or lover stand in the way, just to get cut down defending an animated corpse.

Sekiro is a game about specific moments, not a game entirely about making players do the sword good. Difficulty is one axis of Sekiro, not the orbital center. I feel no shame putting that last guy down in slow mo. It looked cool. I felt empowered. It was an appropriate time to flip the table and be the FromSoftware boss myself.

‘I did it’ is an exclamation I’ll still hunt for and achieve in games, but it’s so much less important to me than it once was. Feeling good about what I play and why I play it is ultimately up to me. That’s what PC mods, the spirit of the PC overall, has always been: openness and inclusivity. Kick a boss's ass if you wanna. Clip through a wall. Turn off gravity. Or play along with the designer and beat Sword Grandpa on their terms. Do what you want, it's a personal computer.

It's as highly regarded as any of those or more, what in the fuck are you talking about.

For those that don't want to give the retard clicks.

Attached: 10.png (444x518, 589K)

>no shame
>writes an entire article, unprovoked, defending his cheating
Ok lol

why does Yea Forums love "journalists" so much that they advertise their articles here for free?
op is a good example

>Imagine being so far up your own ass that you think anyone cares about whether you cheat or not.

look at people not caring so much they made a thread to whine about it.

Hello, James Davenport.

There's no reason to accept shit tier journalism especially when it gains traction. All it does is ruin the industry further and make video games more of a joke

>it aged
games don't age, didn't continue reading your "opinion", since it lost all value then and there.

>not going on youtube to watch them for free

People have different ways of ranking best games of all time. A lot of them will take into consideration the impact they had on gaming as a whole. Take GTA III for example. GTA SA was released like 3 years after it and was better in all respects but because it didn't come out first people don't put in on the list while they put 3 on it simply because it was revolutionary at the time.

It literally isn't you fucking stupid piece of shit. It's not even on the same level as COD4
> Highest Rated FPS games
> 1. Metroid Prime (2002, Nintendo) (246) (Japan)
> 2. GoldenEye 007 (1997, Nintendo) (246) (UK)
> 3. Half-Life 2 (2004, Valve Corporation) (246) (USA)
> 4. Bioshock (2007, Irrational Games) (236) (USA)
> 5. Half-Life (1998, Valve Corporation) (228) (Japan)
> 6. Halo: Combat Evolved (2001, Bungie (226) (USA)
> 7. Portal (2007, Valve Corporation) (216) (USA)
> 8. Portal 2 (2011, Valve Corporation) (214) (USA)
> 9. Deus Ex (2000, Ion Storm) (212) (USA)
> 10. Call of Duty 4 (2007, Acitivision) (204) (USA)
> 11. Doom (1993, ID Software) (200) (USA)

>cod4
>on the list of top 10 ever
You're retarded.

Nothing wrong with cheating in a single-player game if you have fun with it. Game Genie was always fun to mess around with. But you don't get the same experience, and it's reasonable to say you'd feel more satisfied actually learning the game and winning fairly.

But really, the big thing I see that bothers me is the attitude from some people that all games need to be for all people. Instead the goal should be to have a huge variety of games for different tastes. It's perfectly ok to make a game that's too hard for most people to enjoy.

I just bought the game because I'm total weeb for samurai/ninja games, but I suck at Souls games.
What am I in for?

I think it's pretty obvious most of the fun in From Software games is the difficulty and overcoming it.

No that's a bad thing

Kill yourself if you even use cheats for such an easy game. Why even game

A samurai/ninja souls game

>Sekiro doesn't give much opportunity for in-depth, focused practice to the player.
mc is immortal. you have infinite tries. idols are right next to bosses. learnin by dying is part of the buddhist narrative. yoy missed the point of the game.

A Souls game.

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
You didn't grow. You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Yeah definitely.

a bad time if you don't know how to parry

are portals really FPS?

Can I get some cheats into journalism?

Sekiro is actually a kind of Souls antithesis. While Souls games punish impatience Sekiro is more focused on encouraging fast-paced action. It's more mechanically demanding and the bosses can be pretty tough but to be perfectly honest they streamlined a ton of shit from the Souls games to make it easier for new players. If you are moderately skilled at observation and have decent reactions you should have no issue.

Do /command_gendershiftfemale
It’s basically a super easy mode

>/command
Are there people who code that redundantly

I didn't make it, also COD is infinitely more popular then Doom has ever been in it's entire existence. Keep crying

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

A bit overdramatic, but nothing wrong with what he said really.

I beat it this morning after stuggling for a few days just being stuck on the last boss and you're right.
There's a difference between honor and victory...

what do you gain for beating it without cheating

The real power is using alt costumes, and sword models to beat the game

A sense of accomplishment.

If you feel fine or accomplished after cheating you're a piece of shit human being. Plain and simple.

Arguably a more satisfying experience, a better understanding of the game, etc. Even if you prefer playing with cheats, there's undeniably a difference.

so nothing unique to the game?

Feeling accomplished is kinda silly, but there shouldn't be any guilt from cheating at a single player game unless you're lying about it.

popularity != quality/importance. Gaming got way bigger at that point than it ever was so the fact it had more people playing it doesn't mean shit.

AND I FEEL FINE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

>Actually being victimized by a video game.
Imagine if journalists were writing about how they felt good for using a gameshark in the 90s.

Attached: 1382418993807.png (1362x760, 1.47M)

If you didn't cheat and/or don't want to cheat, why do you care if this guy did? I dunno why he cares, either.

Right, I don't see anything offensive about the article itself. Cheats are fun sometimes, and it's fine if you enjoy using them and want to tell people you like them.

What do liberals have to do with this?

They're the only ones pushing and defending adding easy modes and cheating.

Attached: big yikes mood.png (583x682, 279K)

There's nothing wrong with easy modes or cheats. It was always cool when games had built-in cheats. The problem is suggesting that games absolutely must have cheats and easy modes for "accessibility" and "respect for the disabled." It's ok to make games that aren't targeted towards everybody.

They are? Have any of them told you their political leanings?

You already made more threads about this than people have actually read it.
Rentfree, cuck

Attached: asianmarry.png (939x771, 910K)

>implying Japan has ever given a single fuck about casuals, SJWs, or other such faggotry

Attached: videogamedunkey.jpg (440x640, 25K)

But why tell everyone that you're a worthless cheater?

Attached: questionmanright.jpg (378x293, 18K)

Not him, but it's really obvious from most of their twitter pages.

Imagine being so mentally ill that every little thing turns into poltics. It's perfectly fine to just say "man this guy even sucks at videogames, what a fucking loser". Christ.

Me too

He thing's a lack of shame is the same thing as pride.

Cheating in Sekiro is fine because it isn't a fair game in the first place. I'm sure the snowflakes here feel a real sense of "accomplishment" and elitism and exclusivity from beating it without cheats, but all you faggots really did was memorize unforgiving boss patterns through trial and error. Give it a few months and you won't even be thinking about it anymore.

Just to express the joy of messing with cheats. It's not like he was reviewing the game, so I don't have a problem with it.

"I did it’ is an exclamation I’ll still hunt for and achieve in games, but it’s so much less important to me than it once was. Feeling good about what I play and why I play it is ultimately up to me. That’s what PC mods, the spirit of the PC overall, has always been: openness and inclusivity. Kick a boss's ass if you wanna. Clip through a wall. Turn off gravity. Or play along with the designer and beat Sword Grandpa on their terms. Do what you want, it's a personal computer. "

A cursory glace at their Twitter profile tells me everything I need to know.

Attached: uh.png (1262x318, 819K)

Why do you incels always have to bring politics into this? Maybe people just don't like the tedium of fighting the same boss for several days straight.

>incels

If he couldn't even handle a video game without cheats, doesn't that put into question every other achievement he's ever had in life?

A cheater who does so and keeps it secret knows that it's wrong, and won't do it habitually because they do feel shame from it. Someone who brags about cheating undoubtedly cheated before and will continue to do so, and never just in games.

In the end, this says a lot more about the character of the "video game journalist" than it does about the hardness of Sekiro.

Attached: heh shiiiiiet.jpg (712x612, 209K)

>I beat Sekiro's final boss with cheats and I feel fine
name 5 games

Attached: 1554867843355.png (616x599, 153K)

If it takes more that 5 minutes for you to beat this boss, then just uninstall the game now. You don't deserve to git gud. You are the problem that is plaguing this hobby.

Attached: 1553276960591.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

that looks boring as shit

>literal dark souls trash gameplay
>dodge
>dodge
>hit
>dodge
>dodge

>all you faggots really did was memorize unforgiving boss patterns through trial and error
user, it can apply to every souls game. git gud.

There's nothing wrong with cheating in a single player game, as long as you don't try to act like you beat it fairly. Cheats can be fun, whether they're built-in, mods or gameshark codes.

Like using savestates to practice a difficult section of a shmup is perfectly fine. Just using savestates to play through a game is also fine, it's just not an achievement.

>final boss
>with cheats
Genichiro is a fucking joke. First phase is like fighting blue samurai in castle. Second basically corrupted monk with gun and third is literally press jump to win.

And yet people on this board were stuck on her for hours. Pathetic.

I just miss dumb cheats being included as secrets.

Attached: dk mode.png (565x443, 217K)

well when you're conditioned by every other game to spam one button to win sometimes it's super duper hard to remember that the other buttons might do something too

Not an argument when Deus Ex made it, despite PC gaming still being niche at the time

>git gud.

I beat SSI just a few days ago. There's still nothing to feel accomplished about with a game that punishes the player so excessively because the odds are always massively tipped in most bosses' favor. I didn't feel like I got better at the game, I just feel like I memorized the patterns over time.

>...with cheats and I feel fine
is he implying cheats make you feel some way? like what was he expecting? to feel high? becoming addicted to meth? did he think he'd get an STD? someone help me understand I'm autistic and retarded

People either git gud on her, or git gud on Genichiro. If she's your first boss and you're using deflections/blocks rather than sidestep/nightjar spam, Butterfly is pretty challenging (especially because you probably have only 1 attack upgrade and 3 heals at most). That's why you have so many people who struggled through granny steamroll Gen, while many others who steamrolled butterfly got a lightning arrow shoved up their ass by Genichiro.

>Action Replay can't crack new console security so we're stuck with modding save files
>Developers rarely if ever put cheats in their games
>Basically have to either mod your system with custom firmware in order to have a cheat program, or use a trainer on PC

Where did it go all wrong, bros.

My wife cheated on me, and I feel fine.

I find it hilarious that discussion about something the game doesn't have or feature (toggle difficulty) has nearly eclipsed discussion of the actual game.

Its almost like gaming journalists, who we all know to be either inept or not have enough time to engage the material, just needed something to write about because lord knows that couldn't write a coherent article about something they didn't play.

Kinda reminds me about when they all got ousted with Gamergate, and then made that discussion about "lying, misogynist, entitled children" when if it really were all bullshit they would of dismantled the lies piece by piece and cleared their name of the poignancy of trained fucking writers.

Fucking unbelievable we even entertain this nonsense.

>you will never be able to moon-jump in random games again
It's sad.

Attached: nes_game_genie-597192.jpg (1600x1600, 237K)

Tbh I'm ready to cheat against St. Grandpa. He becomes totally fucking ridiculous by the 2nd phase and if you're lucky to get to his 3rd you're probably already out of heals. Seriously you cant be aggressive and you can hardly bait him because his spear has huge range that often go behind him even if you dodge. I beat every boss legit so I honestly dont care anymore about proving myself. This fight is a time sink and a resource waster.

He was expecting to feel bad, and he did. That's why he made an article about cheating saying he feels fine, in an attempt to convince himself.

Because the total happiness in the world increased
So, whatever

thank you I think I get it now

Anyway to do that for a ps4? I honest to god am over isshin.

>If he couldn't even handle a video game without cheats, doesn't that put into question every other achievement he's ever had in life?
No. This is insane.

Attached: 1322351638161.jpg (317x628, 134K)

Well in From defence, the game is pure trial and error. It is built to make you learn how to play better every time. Everytime there's a new boss I know the first 2 or 3 tries will he to learn its pattern and openings and I know I won't win. The game teaches you how to beat it. If you don't like trial and error game then don't play it.

Bullshit difficulty is when there's is no way to win because of stat difference. For example some fights in Pathfinder Kingmaker are literally impossible because of unavoidable stat base one shot kills in higher difficulties. This game has a difficulty slider and when I feel it's just completely impossible I lower it from hard to challenging.

Unrelated question but why do people call the protag Sekiro? I'm not very far admittedly but isn't his moniker just Wolf?

who gives a shit? why is games journalism just personal blogs now?

There's no money in traditional game journalism anymore. You just make blogs and try to get enough clicks.

Isshin named him Sekiro. Seki means cripple, one armed something something. Ro means wolf. It's an old Japanese thing.

No. Isshin calls him sekiro. Sekiro is his actual name but wolf is what he represents

What's the problem? They get clicks, sure, but we get the latest cool outrage in turn, which is fun

Was I supposed to posture break True Monk 3rd phase? He had retarded regeneration, it was simpler for me to just outright kill him

>I feel fine
Yeah but you don't feel like you accomplished anything. You fucking weasel took the easy route and now you don't feel any satisfaction.

The great thing about cheating in Sekiro isn't beating the game, it's showing everyone online that I did.

Attached: xbox kid.jpg (470x495, 61K)

狼 = wolf

why do people love them in general?
imagine you'd let someone who loses a 1v1 against a dove decide what videogames you gonna play.
i miss those good old journos, atleast they got paid by customer subbscriptions instead of the companys themselve and had to be authentic

I just don't read game journalism anymore. I get better takes on games from Yea Forums and other forums than from professional writers. There's occasionally a good article, and I'll look at them for previews of new releases, but that's about it.

Reminder that op-eds are not "journalism" and to stop referring to them as such

>exploiting a bugged ai loop
There's really no difference between you and the guy in the OP.

like literally anything in life

what's up Yea Forums I'm stuck on sword senpai right now and I'm not making much progress even getting through his first phase. I know I'm not good at the game mechanically and my reaction times aren't the best but I've managed to get this far because I can at least go some practice rounds against bosses to learn the move sets before making real attempts
My issue with this dude is the monotony of facing Genichiro every single time which I'm pretty good at by now but will occasionally fuck up against costing me resources I need just to last a couple minutes against SS. I really want to finish this game but I'm getting really frustrated and not being able to consistently practice against him is wearing me down. I'd rather not beat the game at all then cheat though so what are some tips? they don't even have to be specifics just something I can take into my next attempt to make me feel like I'm making progress

tldr: I'm a fucking shitter but I don't want to cheat. How do I git gud at Sword Saint?

That's a solid reason to end the marriage without any legal repercussions though. That's something to feel fine about.

>How do I git gud at Sword Saint?
active training. dont go into the fight trying to win, but with the thought of improving on your mechanics.

Omg guiz I had to cheat to beat Nero in devil may cry 3 cuz I suck cock and had articles to write about what a faggot retard I am

And That's A Good Thing

Great, complex gameplay

Attached: Sekiro Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear-Bearer(3).webm (640x360, 2.8M)

Imagine being so buttblasted by someone cheating in a single player game that you still can't let it go. I thought you guys weren't supposed to care about journalists?

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1115674026628636673

Attached: 1510836262224.gif (500x586, 1.08M)

I only got past the first phase twice, and the second time I completely the game. The first phase is a case of getting behind him when he does a big slow move, and consistently using mikiri counter to get his posture down. If you don't counter him when he stabs, you're gonna have trouble getting his posture down. The other 2 lives are easy because you punish his big jumping move.

>nobody:
>game journo: I FEEL FINE WITH CHEATING IN SEKIRO PLEASE BELIEVE ME

Attached: 130719130758.jpg (425x412, 20K)

>>nobody:
isn't that a reddit meme?

What about when you write a piece afterwards giving tips from a place of mastery?

twitter meme

what's the different?

twitter is a site where you post short messages to upset either liberals or conservatives (or both if you're especially clever or dumb)
reddit is a site where you put your dumb opinions in long form and people give you fake e-cred for it and think you're right or funny even if you're neither

I never fought this dude, how do you get this fight?

Why is this an article? Why has humanity become so retarded that someone actually paid another person to write that, and why will millions more read it?

Attached: 1532480489768.png (1600x900, 978K)

why are we pretending this game is hard again?

Attached: Midir.jpg (1138x478, 117K)

Control schemes that you can't change can "age" in a lot of ways. For instance, aiming by half-pressing circle in MGS is fucking awful and difficult to get used to again, bordering on impossible to get used to. There will come a time in the future that there will be no more pressure-sensitive PlayStation controllers and it will be literally impossible to aim in any MGS games as a result, with no way to change it.

>going through ringed city the first time
>NG+4
fuck midir

You cant half press a button unless it's an analog button.

both are reddit

I only like fighting Midir with Pestilent Mist now. At least the fight doesn't last six years that way.

no, one is twitter

Yes, and MGS requires you to half-press to aim. There's no way to change this in the controls.

It's been endlessly reposted on this board since the day it went up. It's obviously done something very right.

you're dense

you cannot tell the difference between reddit and not-reddit so maybe you should just go back

The worst fucking part of this is that you can legitimately beat her in five fucking minutes without taking advantage of a fucking bug. And have FUN too!

Were the PS2 face buttons analog?

>Letting yourself get triggered over some random gaming "journalist" faggot using cheats
>Falling for obvious clickbait
Yea Forums is probably one of the dumbest fucking boards on Yea Forums, even maybe the entire internet.

Can't remember. There are monkeys around him though. I think it's near the Ashina Castle.

Do you guys ever feel inspired to do something to change it? To change this problem?

You do know shilling exists right? And that it's infinitely easier to shill when you have no name attached to your post?

Yes. That's why you aim in MGS by half-pressing circle, and you shoot by fully pressing circle and releasing it.

shut the fuck up bird redditer you spread nothing but cancer

I went through there multiple times and killed the apes. Never encountered this guy.

You know damn fine well as I do Yea Forums just wants to get together and bitch about some random dumb cunt. Yea Forums ALWAYS falls for this shit.
And yes, obviously I know shilling exists Yea Forums is full of it these days.

What's sad is the people that own these sites probably hire retards because they know it's easy to get traffic from people that just want to point and laugh.

The peoppe who write the articles may be retards or not but the people who give them the outrage clicks are definitely retarded. ''Lol we're just laughing at them'' while giving them free exposure and generated clicks. It's pretty sad.

Attached: 1554406865966.jpg (827x691, 153K)

>developers should have the ability to make the game how they choose
>but not if they want it to be hard

Kill yourself, creep

Kek my twitter got banned for sending him kys messages.

Attached: 1505615427160.png (228x239, 65K)

>I beat Sekiro without cheating
>Now give me the respect I deserve, libtards

Attached: 1546277378805.jpg (437x437, 21K)

kek

>and i feel fine

Attached: 5830733.jpg (320x287, 15K)

>comparing speedrunning to cheating

how are speedrunners not pissed at this?

>being upset
it's past visiting hours, go back immediately

what a pussy

chained ogre (with teleport grabs) is LITERALLY harder than isshin.

lol

If he feels "no shame", why does he feel the need to justify it? Writing a long-winded article trying to convince everyone at length about how cheating is fine, that he shouldn't be criticized for it, just feels more like he's desperately trying to convince himself of that, like he wants validation and assurance that it's totally fine.

In fact, that's how so many articles of this nature feel like. People want validation for their actions. It's not enough for them that they did it, but they desperately want to feel "in the right" for doing it.

To anyone who wants to cheat on isshin don't he's incredibly easy to deflect.

Phase 1. Deflect is king, when the red marker appears instead of jumping away jump up and land on him with a jump after to break his poise more.

Phase 2
Literally avoid interaction, stay close range, deflect, land single hits when he does a rotation where he halts for a second
Here the spear counter is king

Phase 3. Dodge to the left of his electric swing at all times, it does 90% of the time a swipe from up left to down right. Don't bother trying to reflect it.

The trick is to never stay far away and never too close, deflect and only ever try to land 1 hit on him and maybe 2 on his poise.

Attached: 472316549580062750.png (128x121, 10K)

Haha no

If you just stay as close as possible to him at all times you can sidestep literally all of his attacks.

>n-no you!
die reddit cancer

even speedrunners sprint around ogre, his grabs are literal bullshit.

He wrote the article for money. He probably hates video games.

the trick to isshin is forcing him into patterns

>r1 twice

>parry his reaction

>it's either a special or thrust

>mikiri the thrust, side dodge twice if it's a special

repeat

spear phase, same idea, parry what you can, mikiri the spear.

last phase, jump and use the lightning redirect as it's big damage. mikiri spears again.

You didnt beat the game
The game beat you

>why does he feel the need to justify it?

so that he can meet his article quota and not get fired

You know the only reason he posted a fucking article about him being a scrub is to get faggots mad enough to give him clicks

Just grab an archive of this garbage, don't give them the ad revenue

>Like using savestates to practice a difficult section of a shmup is perfectly fine.
no it isnt. you already have infinite quarters.

>Doom
>Aged like shit
Fucking zoomer leave this board, Doom is the definition of fine wine just waiting in the cellar. You can play the games trough so many ways these days.

Attached: nah nigga nah.gif (191x256, 223K)

Watch someone do a run of him on youtube and just learn the rhythm from there.

Sunken valley shrine at the point where Ashina is being invaded and the Demon of Hatred pops up.

>bordering on impossible to get used to
Took me 5 minutes faggot, what is your excuse? Game controls perfectly, learning to play your fucking games is also a thing you learn when you play more than two games faggot.

>Phase 3. Dodge to the left of his electric swing at all times, it does 90% of the time a swipe from up left to down right. Don't bother trying to reflect it.

That's retarded. I beat phase 3 on first try by just running around and waiting for lightning attacks and doing reversals.

>People struggling against Demon of Hatred
I don't like to be that guy, but all you need to do is run to his right (your left) for most of his moves. There are a few opportunities I recommend parrying, but if you really are having trouble, use the Phoenix shield on the fire attacks. Doing the follow up with the shield also deals quite a bit of posture damage to the guy. Don't use it too much.
Final phase, pop a Yashariku's Sugar and as soon as he starts up his sweeping attack, jump in the air and use malcontent. Wail on him and when he recovers, use malcontent again, wail on him and he should stagger but be careful because he recovers quicker from that stagger, then use malcontent a final time and you should have almost filled the entire posture bar... just be careful because as soon as he recovers he'll go into a flying rage and start running around using sweeps and fire attacks. All you need are 2 hits.

Oh yeah, this only applies on NG and only if you have 12 attack power from the memories you've acquired so far into the game. You should have also almost completely upgraded your prosthetics... providing you actually played the game and didn't miss anything.

FEELS GOOD HAVING OCD AND REVISITING EVERY AREA YOU'VE BEEN PREVIOUSLY AFTER INTERACTING WITH ANY NPC, BEATING ANY BOSS OR SIMPLY FINDING A NEW AREA!!
... but at least I don't miss stuff that way...

go home
you're unwelcome

Upgraded Fan is super strong for getting tons of free posture damage.

>There's still nothing to feel accomplished about with a game that punishes the player so excessively because the odds are always massively tipped in most bosses' favor.

So is souls. I cannot literally tell a difference between souls and sekiro from what you described. It seems like you just suck at this game, unlike souls, to me. I even think sekiro is more fair than souls.

>Ignoring the rest of the post about how there will come a time that there will be no pressure-sensitive controllers left to be able to aim
On top of that, I genuinely have no idea how the fuck they have you aim on the Xbox HD re-releases if there's no half-press for B. Also, I beat the games, but nothing will ever, ever, EVER, EVER, fucking ever, in a million years, make binding aiming in a game about aiming and shooting to half-pressing the same button as shoot good. It's a shit control scheme that only exists because the games came out before RE4, which showed everyone how to make an actually decent third person aiming system.

It's a bad control option and it will never be good. Everything else in MGS 1-3 controls like a dream except for the stupid aiming, and you can defend it all you want, but you will be wrong.

Save states are far more efficient for practicing than starting at the beginning of a stage each time. Not to mention that there are mechanics like rank that can be set to the correct value for the section your practicing. For practicing scoring specifically, save states are incredibly valuable.

How can you even be bad at video games? How does the average person lack such simple levels of manual dexterity or basic logical thinking?

Nah it controls perfectly and everything you said is 100% subjective. Also, it fits the game very well, you are holding a trigger finger of your character. All 5 minutes it gets to get used to it was ok.

Your average white/Asian person has an IQ of 100. This is going down. Your average non-white/Asian has an IQ of 90 or lower. This is also going down. This may shock and terrify you, but your average person can barely even understand concepts like planning ahead, saving money, eating healthy, and looking after themselves. How do you expect them to be even passable at a tertiary, pointless activity like video games that they don't really care about in the first place? They have bigger fish to fry, like trying to budget their food away so they can afford Netflix.

says the blue reddit refuge

>Holding the trigger finger of your character
>Bringing a gun's sights up into your view is holding a trigger finger
Nigger what the fuck? It's such a great, amazing, totally fine control scheme that the best way to play the game is to simply not use the aiming at all and rely on the game's auto aim options while staying mobile and it's so good that they scrapped it as a control method entirely for the rest of the series, much to the delight of everyone.

For the special it's better to get up close, deflect his first hit and then jump on him as he sweeps. For the special he decides on which move he does based on your range to him.

>R1, R1, L1, R1
>Either mikiri counter, R1 again or run up close depending on what he does

You should also check their Dragon Age 2 and Rimworld reviews. Definitely up there when it comes to pcgamer kino.

says the redditfugee

HOW DO YOU BEAT LADY BUTTERFLY

Yeah but it was cool for the game so it's ok and feels fun when you go back to it.

they're busy dilating

>giving this much of a fuck about what other people do with their video games
>b-but i worked realllllly hard
>please it's all i have in life

Attached: juice.jpg (500x494, 38K)

imagine caring so much people cheated in a single player game that doesnt affect you in any way at all.

You can interrupt her attacks with shuriken throws, you wanna save them for when she is suspended in air.

Is it worth exploring the map again once you get invaded?

Keep crying, normalfag trash

>sign up for a marathon
>haha I took a cab to the finish line and feel fine!

I mean aren't these fags pushing for videogames are art! for ages, but can't accept that by definition it might be inaccessible to some then?

Attached: joyce.jpg (325x499, 15K)

(You Won't BELIEVE #4!)

>Don't bother trying to reflect it.
nigga it's free huge posture and vit damage AND an attack window for a free stab/ charged flame vent which takes away 25% of his health if burned

Thank you for your cervix.

Being good at Souls does literally nothing to help you be good at Sekiro. I beat DS1 and DS3 at level 1 and Sekiro kicked my ass.

Imagine being so bad at games that people use your article to get free (You)s

Honestly if I find a loophole in the AI that lets me stunlock them until death, I don't use that tactic. The fight isn't fun any more.

There are valid arguments on both sides of this issue and I'm not really sure what to do with it.

On the one hand, it is extremely hard to spin accessibility options as a bad thing. There are people with cognitive disorders that render them simply unable to play high difficulty games, and if you try to say that they shouldn't be able to play this one then you're going to get about five seconds into your spiel before someone shouts you down as an asshole.

On the other hand, I feel as though there ARE games where their uncompromising difficulty defines them, that I feel might be lessened with difficulty options? Miyazaki has mentioned that he wants to give the player a feeling of overcoming a great trial, of climbing a mountain, if you will, and then a game like, Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy.

I would argue that Getting Over It would be outright conceptually ruined by an assist mode, even if it were optional. That game is based all around the idea of punishing, uncompromising difficulty putting you back at square one, and if you had accessibility options that allowed you to easily climb or quicksave, I would say it'd defeat the entire point- that the game isn't going to hold your hand, it's out to get you, and you have to rely entirely on your own perseverance to make it through.

I'm also someone with OCD and I love it when a game like Sekiro only has one initial difficulty option, because the first playthrough of games is a big deal for me and I always stress and get anxious over whether I'm playing it "the right way." I honestly wish more games had one straight difficulty. This is because of a mental disorder I have, so where does that leave me, in terms of accessibility?

I really don't think that every game out there should be made to allow everyone to effortlessly skip through to the end if they so choose, but then, I don't have the experience of being or dealing with someone who's seriously physically or cognitively impaired, either. I dunno.

why do people love reposting literal vomit from reddit or twitter or whatever as though it was their own opinion?

fucking based, bird redditors leave

>He's not so bad, but a simple mistake or two can suck down a couple health gourds
You can fuck him in 20 seconds

Attached: 1553978183141.jpg (1198x568, 108K)

>make special interest game built around its difficulty
>its well known even before the game comes out
>its pointed out in all reviews
>some BING BING WAHOO shitter still buys the game, finds it too hard, and then demands it being lowered
whats the deal with these people? do they also demand that all movies spell out their plot with constant exposition because they cannot comprehend anything else?

There's many exploits or cheats you can just google but only pussies do that.
t. beat shichiman with only parries and normal attacks no confetti or other bullshit
took at least 1 hour and it was my hardest fight even though it was just a shitty miniboss but at least im not a cheater and it felt good

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-08 02-06-52-36.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

No, they should just watch the game on YT, I don't want FROM to please those types of people in any way.

>the second time I completely the game

You completely the WHOLE game!?!?!?

>comparing a videogame to a marathon
how delusional does someone have to be

It's an analogue you brainlet. It's feeling accomplished over nothing. Which is like okay, it's a singleplayer game with no online components so by cheating you don't really impact other people negatively but by calling attention to the fact just makes you look like a huge fag. It's not away from my enjoyment of Sekiro if some journalistcuck ruins his experience but the incessant flaunting and worse, PRIDE over their incompetence is what makes me repulsed by them. Just pathetic is what it is.

Attached: 1554408695079.jpg (900x1200, 196K)

but for some reason you're letting it assblast you

It aggravates me because so many modern games, in fact the majority of modern titles are ''cinematic experiences'' that are watered down in terms of challenge or making the player actually learn the game and when we finally get a game that stands against the idea that people should be handed out participation trophies and mollycoddled by the game the worst parasites of gaming culture i.e gaming journalists demand that it should be watered down to be similar bland trash than the rest of their movie games.

Attached: CyoahsFUQAA_neM.jpg (960x1200, 175K)

I know right it doesn’t even have wall running or lgbt player characters

And it's not like I am bothered if a game like Mass Effect or Witcher has an easy mode for gayming journalists and nongamers so they can experience the story but Sekiro's whole point, the core experience, is based around the combat and how the player needs to learn it to get through the challenges. An easy mode would defeat the entire purpose of the game.

This is a terrible argument because it doesn't convey any actual reason to not include easier modes.

Things like "more modes costs dev time and money" or "Gameplay can convey and evoke emotions too, changing the difficulty would undercut the intended feeling of the game"

Attached: gaymejournalists.png (619x1466, 705K)

based

Fought him yesterday on NG (not interested in any NG+), after reading it was one of the hardest fights...
And it really wasn't : Friede and Gael wrecked my shit a lot more (I even ... cheated on them. yes, i summoned, shame me).

The reason is that the entire point of the experience is to provide enjoyment to the player through overcoming obstacles. An Easy mode would completely betray the developer vision and be an antithesis to From's design philosophy because why get better when you can just turn on easy mode?
Additionally I get immense satisfaction over casuals throwing fits over the game not being tailored to their entitled tastes.

Attached: 1551958457097.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

That's not a good or bad thing, the bad thing is the elitism around this.

>Beat game with cheats
Then you didn't really beat it did you?

If you didn't learn to fight him and react properly and you had to cheat that's fine. Don't blame the game for it though. You chose to cheat the game did not force you to. You have the tools to win without cheating.

From Soft's next game should have an easy mode, but beating the game in that mode should give the player a bad ending cutscene where it turns out that picking the difficulty was actually an in-character choice and involving some god magic or whatever and picking the easy path meant that the player character was too weak at the end of the game to face their final challenge. With the cutscene basically spelling it out by having narration explaining >"The [character] had reached the end of his journey, but alas they had taken the easy path devoid of adversity and thus when he finally got to the [final location], [character] realized that without this adversity he had been unable to grow, unable to attain the strength necessary to achieve his goals"

Or something like that, just really rub it in and basically say "You got your easy mode you babies but guess what, you don't get the real ending, you get fucking failure because you're a no skill little bitch who played on easy mode".
That game journalist salt would be hilarious.

Some games shame in the selection, like Lollipop Chainsaw. When you go to easy it shows a chicken as the icon for easy.

That sounds like way too much work for a lame ''haha got'em xD'' thing when From was already doing the correct thing i.e ignoring the whiners.

good thing there are lots of sourceports of doom to accommodate babies like you, then

Yeah but it's way funnier when you make them play through the entire game before pulling out the rug and calling them a bitch for playing on easy, rather than just calling them that upfront if they pick it.

That way they've put hours and hours into beating the game only to get the "Fuck you, you chickenshit little bitch" right at the end. It's just so much more satisfying to watch.

I don't think there's anything in the world i hate more than gaming journalists
Fucking worthless parasites. None of the articles all worth reading and they clutter your search results every time you look up something game related

Attached: x1SIi6n.jpg (630x974, 98K)

yeah it could say:

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

xD ^__^

confession:
I used cheats to beat the Nihilanth back in the day and have to this day never not cheated through that last level

Excuse me?

No shame brother, I do it as well.

I also cheated to get money in Witcher 3. Fuck you Geralt is master Witcher monster slayer but can't afford to buy a sword go fuck yourself.

I suck at flight sims and RTS games, but I don't act entitled to shitting on devs and people that prefer to play those games. I also don't get fantasy football. But again, I don' t ask for them to dumb it down.

Nice bait, in phase 2 you can't stay on top of her because she hops back and summons the ghosts.