This is the worst OST I've ever heard in a JRPG

This is the worst OST I've ever heard in a JRPG.

Attached: EN_DQXI_KeyArt_1528737224-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_NS5oEQQZM
youtube.com/watch?v=X0GhzyietQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mods, you cuckold

"Just pick the peanuts out of the turds, you cuck!!!"

Yea Forums, ladies and gentlemen...

I've heard worse.
It's definitely boring as fuck though.

Like in a BoTW kind of boring?

>Switch owners get fully orchestrated soundtrack

Orchestrated OST is GOAT, you're right about the midi level shit they put in the English version though.

Switch version will be good though.

Lowkey don't even remember that game having music, but I didn't beat it. Nor do I remember much about the game at all.

>they put in the English version though.
It was in the JP version of DQ11 too.

What were they thinking? The orchestral version saves it somewhat. Having a poor OST in a JRPG is a silly mistake.

Sugiyama wants to sell CDs of the orchestral score.

He lacks integrity

Honestly the orchestral version isn't that great either. I hope new players don't get the impression that's what the series soundtrack is like because it has much better

Is the orchestrated soundtrack completely different tracks? Or is it the same OST but just orchestrated cause I don't see how that helps. It's still boring ass melodies.

>archaic game design good
>archaic sound design bad
have a word with yourself

Not the worst soundtrack in a turn based game though, that's for sure

Attached: 51H6vS58tvL._SX385_.jpg (385x347, 33K)

The latter and it sounds better. No one is saying it fixes everything but it improves it.

>OST stands for One Single Track

Why do you think OP is saying its shit?

>Orchestrated OST is GOAT,

having downloaded the orchestral mod for PC, no it's really not. it's less grating but the bad pieces are the same annoyingly repetitive and bombastic carnival music shit that kills atmosphere and is totally jarring during cutscenes.

it's just a bad soundtrack. I say this as someone who defends Evergrace

Only the overworld themes are bad. I wish I could replace it with any of the really good DQ overworld themes from II to VIII

Only the original XI ones are, and even then there's only a handful of them. This game mixes all the OST from previous games

orchestral mod is trash quality too

even DQV OST on ps2 emulator is better

This is the problem. There is no variety.

Attached: sample-f7975b2fd27d959ce228488905e308a9.jpg (916x1000, 228K)

The orchestrated version is still awful.

I know you desperately want this to be a stupid console war thread but no DQXI has a genuinely awful OST.

there were lot of crappy songs like the battle, boss theme and the overworld, but there are a few gems too
youtube.com/watch?v=B_NS5oEQQZM
youtube.com/watch?v=X0GhzyietQQ

the music is ok but only a couple of songs are good
hopefully the next game is mostly old remixes so it won't be as noticeable

I hope we can actually get to marry her in the switch edition

Attached: 20180927003841_1.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

wait is it because it isnt filled with pop music like your other jrpgs?

here I thought it was orchestral sound track

You can marry all the girl party members bruh

>turn the annoying, tonally ill fitting music off
>total dead silence, almost no environmental noises at all

the lack of importance some games place on sound bothers me so much. i'd gladly go back to PS2 era graphics in exchange for better sound design and more varied, better utilized soundtracks.

fuck I hope they really mean it and make it actually meaningful unlike with how they dealt with Gemma

No it's because it's absolutely terrible and a chore to listen to.

It isnt thse best in the serire, but the music and sounds give the atmosphere of a Dragon Quest game. There is nothing in it as kino as the dq5 overworld, but the ost got the job done and was about what I expected for the series.

Very rarely do JRPGs have pop so I have no idea what you're trying to imply here.