OH NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO

siliconera.com/2019/04/08/yoshis-crafted-world-sold-through-only-36-of-its-initial-shipment-in-japan/

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 4992003410274.png (586x552, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What was the point of this thread?

OP is being a faggot
As is tradition

Because based on the demo, it's brainless Fisher Price shit made for toddlers.

I'd buy it if it wasn't $60, or had a yoshi must die mode. But Nintendo likes their piss easy shovelware, unfortunately. They ought to do a followup to Captain Toad.

Cool, maybe I can pick it up for like $20 when I go there

wow it’s like some games are purposely aimed at young children

Nintendo either needs to fully pander to the autisitc man children
or full on focus on little kids
youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
this does not even have one child in the commercial wtf
this

legpiss flopped in japan too. they don't want the baby games that nintendo is trying to sell now. it's literally just western nu-males buying this crap.

Attached: lgpepricedrop.png (1000x805, 540K)

No shit it's a fucking Yoshi game.

>buying physical

Japans are leagues ahead of US retail cucks

I never said that wasn't the case, but don't be surprised when that turns off a sizeable portion of potential buyers.

Yoshi games were always the easiest like this, only behind Kirby (first playthough).
i like how this game makes games playable again, unlike how in wooly world you can only play a level once and be done with it entirely, by doing flipside and collecting the crafts. i do admit i would have never guessed some of the flower locations, but wing mode does make the game easy as hell, and able to get all red coins and flowers in one go unless you just suck at aiming and have to restart an entire level to try again at something. shit i mean you can hover, infinite jump, red coin identifier, and flower radar.

Japan buys more physical than westerners

>makes a game nobody asked for
>surprised it sells poorly

Yes. So if you're out of the 5th grade you probably shouldn't be buying it or saying it's fun..

Anyone who posts OHNONO threads deserves to be sent to the camps

So... just like every Nintendo game?

Sounds like nintendo game ok

Based

>here we see a s(o)nygger in it's natural form

fits right in

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

AHAHAHAHAHA ANOTHER OVERPRICED FAILURE FOR NINTENDO

Why can't they just make a Yoshi game with the same feel as the first one? They could literally just make a level pack with the same speed/feel as that game and I'll buy it. And get a composer who can write a catchy level theme instead of something that puts me to sleep for fuck's sake.

That said, I'm not surprised it's not selling so far. The demo turned me off so hard. "Cute" only goes so far and isn't a replacement for interesting gameplay.

Attached: gker4n4ab9921.jpg (393x298, 20K)

B-But I thought japan loved nintendo bros...

OHNONONO threads are the reason I come to this board. Confirms something I thought was shit is shit, that way I don't have to buy it. Plants doubt on something I'm hype for so I can investigate for myself before buying

Don't make this place reddit

Has Yoshi even had a good game since Yoshi's Island on the SNES?

Attached: donkey bomb.jpg (300x300, 15K)

AHAHAHA PRETTY SOON YOSHI WILL JUST BE A SKYLANDERS CHARACTER AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Can Nintendo just take Yoshi to the back of the barn already? Even Wooly World was better.

Attached: 1549184715936.jpg (900x900, 70K)

>$60 for a baby game you can beat in an afternoon

What the FUCK were they thinking?

A game can be easy without being braindead. And regardless, Island and Island DS both have at least some semblance of challenge to them (Hell, DS's main complaint was that it was TOO hard, actually)

Maybe they'll finally stop releasing these budget titles at 60 dollars

Maybe they’ll stop making every Yoshi game the same formulaic copy+paste formula from Yoshi’s Island / Yoshi’s Story but with a new gimmick.

No. Yoshi is an accessory character to Mario.

This is the excuse for 90% of Nintendo first party game. When I was a young child I was playing Ninja Gaiden and Contra.

The only 2D platformer I'll play from Nintendo is Donkey Kong. Yoshi can go fuck himself in his faggot ass.

they won't, because western nu-males will still buy them for $60 and defend them. the same thing happened with lgpe too.

Wait so you're telling me this baby shit doesn't even sell well? I thought the whole reason they kept pushing these games out was because the japs are crazy about cutesy shit. Why do they keep making this shit instead of a good Yoshi game like the first one?

Have any yoshi games been successful except for Yoshi's island

Sad that you need stale template threads to feed your confirmation bias

You can make a game aimed at children without it being completely braindead

I agree with this.

The crafted world art style is all over the place, because things are meant to look like different materials I guess, but none of it really comes together, it's just a mess.
Wool Kirby was lovely, wool yoshi was nice, this is too far.

Nintendo tends to over ship their games in Japan. Go look at the sold through rates for other Switch games and you'll see they hang around 40%.

Because this game is compatible with Labo kits. Yeah, the literally cardboard Nintendo is selling for $40-100. Yeah, cardboard- that material we all throw out in excess when our packages ship from Amazon.

based

Good, fuck yoshi (both figuratively and literally)

>I need memes to decide on my purchases
>I decide on what's shit and what I won't like based on memes

Do you wipe your ass after you shit, or do you need somebody pointing at your ass and going "OH NO NO NO, LOOK AT THIS DUDE" before you remember?

Attached: 1484899818134.jpg (500x602, 41K)

>Why can't they just make a Yoshi game with the same feel as the first one?

Because Miyamoto has said that he doesn't like making the same game over and over. If it feels too similar, he'll want you to scrap everything. You'll have to wait for him to retire and stop sticking his hands in every project and also to get rid of anyone that shares his mentality to actually get games that feel like the old stuff.

It's a good game. The aesthetic is pushing it a bit if you're a manchild and not an actual child, but for fun platforming, yes, it has that noticeable Nintendo quality.

One quite shitty thing about it though is how they ripped off Tearaway's arts and craft graphics style. The entire theme of the world is copied... It's quite brazen. I think Nintendo may have done it slightly worse too. Do Nintendo really need to be stealing ideas like this?

Attached: tearaway0901151280jpg-9aaa5c_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

>get woke
>go broke
when will they learn

Yes, Woolly World and Crafted World are both good even if they both have the difficulty toned down compared to Yoshi's Island.

>let's just ignore the game it comes with and the fact it's been laid out like blueprints to create different things
You can hate the Labo all you want but you can't fucking grab a piece of cardboard and go "Haha now I have a labo, too!"

i can do that actually, no one can stop me from doing it

>sony invented papercraft style

>Do you wipe your ass after you shit, or do you need somebody pointing at your ass and going "OH NO NO NO, LOOK AT THIS DUDE" before you remember?

Attached: 1438590241548.jpg (540x509, 59K)

Why aren't small children allowed to play games? Why is that so wrong?

Wrong. It comes together beautifully, the art direction is cohesive and every single object in the game feels like it was hand crafted by someone doing a real life diorama. Levels are all themed so the objects and landscape all fit together thematically as well.

I'm a Paper Mario and F-Zero fan. Believe me, I'm painfully aware of how retarded Miyamoto is.

>It comes together beautifully, the art direction is cohesive and every single object in the game feels like it was hand crafted by someone doing a real life diorama. Levels are all themed so the objects and landscape all fit together thematically as well
Lmao, this has got to be a shill. No one talks like this.

>Snoyfags claiming Nintendo ripped off something
Pathetic

Attached: donutsteal.jpg (810x1530, 270K)

From programming the game and placing it in a cartridge? Why the fuck are you here and not out making money?

And those games have the objective of simply going from left to right, because they were for brainless children like yourself.

>im a mature gamer who can't play games for children but my vocabulary is that of a 5 year old's

Thats the weird part it really hasnt. There was one on the ds that no one remembers, one on the 3ds that everyone hated and yarn yoshi which everyone didnt like because it was too easy. It kinda sucks because yoshis island is an absolute classic. It sucks that they thought yoshi should be for literal babies

too busy playing with my labo, which i made

>It's a "Yea Forums doesn't even try to hide the fact that haven't played the game" episode

Attached: 1523068011048.png (88x127, 22K)

Attached: 1550057845445.gif (607x609, 821K)

Crafted World just makes me sad with its existence. Woolly World was cute as shit and surprisingly good. Not as good as the original game but a lot of the later content and especially the S levels could kick you in the ass. I have absolutely zero desire to get Craft, though. I doubt I could get through at least half of it without getting bored.

Attached: 1548386049402.gif (540x304, 1.3M)

?

Attached: sony.png (1920x1080, 3.45M)

>There was one on the ds that no one remembers

There was Touch & Go + Yoshi's Island DS. The former was basically an auto-scroller where you drew bubbles and threw eggs with four game modes and that's it, the latter was meant to be a sequel of some kind with other babies but I never played it.

So you know Yea Forums shits on Woolly World but you played it anyways and liked it. Yea Forums is doing the same with Crafted World now.

Why is it so difficult for them to just make Yoshi's Island 2 or something? And I mean genuinely without something to hold it back. No shitty OST, no weird graphics, no complete disconnect in gameplay or making it more of a baby game. Just give me Yoshi's Island with a catchy OST again like on SNES and don't try to force the formula to change where it doesn't have to.

Attached: Boring.jpg (152x172, 10K)

There's no reason they can't make a new, good Yoshi game that isn't just a retread of Yoshi's Island.

YIDS and NYI were both riding on YI and they were both painfully mediocre.

Yoshi's Island DS was exactly what YIfags wanted, which is YI but more and harder. It sold like shit, casuals complained it was too hard, and YIfags pretend it doesn't exist and continue to beg for a sequel.

O well. This is what Nintendo gets for making the same game for the 700th time. This god damn company needs to stop doing the same thing over and over and over again.

They just need to make games like Crafted World harder. The aesthetic is good, unlike copy-paste New Super Rehash Bros, but it's not that challenging.

>mediocre 60$ Switch game released among a sea of other mediocre games
>most regular people can only afford to buy one or two of these per year, so they usually save their money until the main titles everyone actually wants come out (Pokemon, LOZ, Super Mario)

Attached: 1501147819025.png (420x248, 69K)

>game has a completely different art style than any other yoshi game
>it's the same

Attached: maxresdefault_(17)[1].jpg (1280x720, 48K)

I wasn't talking about the art style dumbass. This game plays NO DIFFERENT, LITERALLY NO DIFFERENCE, than the VERY FIRST Yoshi's Island game.

What do you mean?
They sold amazingly well, it's that useless Pokeball that didn't sell.

Goes to show that childish games designed for toddlers never sell, maybe now nintendo will get the message and make games for people older than 10 years old

Look man, I don't give two shits what Yea Forums does or says. I played Woolly World because I wanted to and it was great. I probably won't play Crafted World because I'm not digging a lot of things about it and the demo didn't make a great impression. I just want a new Yoshi game that doesn't have some sort of weird gimmick, visual or otherwise. Maybe I'll play it if I get it as a gift but otherwise I'm not feeling it.

Attached: 1298269544076.jpg (400x300, 34K)

Their games are designed for toddlers without a brain.

What do you want then retard? Yoshi is a platformer, of course it plays similarly. Maybe the next Yoshi should be an FPS or something then you retards will stop making dumb posts.

next time, make sure it isn't the shitpost version sweatie

Did it do better or worse than the last Kirby game at launch?

it's a good thing that the switch playerbase is primarily young children.

except for the fact that it's mainly 18-28 year olds buying it.

Based Carl poster.

Attached: 1551553949617.gif (200x200, 288K)

>Because Miyamoto has said that he doesn't like making the same game over and over.
Then explain New Super Mario Bros.

>goal is to get to the end of every level, red coins and flowers unlock bonus games or extra stages that are completely unnecessary for game completion

>goal is to collect flowers, red coins give you flowers, even after completing levels by getting to the goal you are walled by a box that wants you to go back and collect the flowers

>game is the same

They both have flowers so it's the same

Fuck off. You know what they removed from these games? The ability to change into vehicles.

Almost every other Nintendo franchise goes into different genres, Mario, Zelda, Metroid. Except Yoshi.

Young children only want to play minecraft and fortnite tho.