Summon Night Thread

I've only played the GBA games, and at that only finished Sword Craft Story 1.

I wanted to try a more main game so I decided to pick 6.

Kinda disappointed so far, don't have an option to choose a guardian Beast, are there any choices you can make that affect the story other than the protag? I'm on Ch 5.

Oh and the Voice Acting is TERRIBLE. Is 5 any good? How difficult is it?

Attached: summon-night-6-lost-borders-424563.9.jpg (1500x1500, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Pariet
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Kagerou
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Spinel
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Dyth
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Corlal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really wanted to like it because SRPGs are few and far between these days but the gameplay is just so dogshit.
>gaijinworks translation
was just another nail in the coffin

Really not that many? I guess the only one that gets released reguarly now is Fire Emblem

I played 5 but I dropped it early because it was so dull to actually play. Shame.

Try 5, its got an offical Eng translation, it's on PSP, but it's also Gaijin works, they ripped out all the japanese audio.

In 5 you can pick from one of 4 guardian beasts.

All the partners usual fall into one of 4 categories, Beast, Yokai, Spirit, Machine.

summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Pariet
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Kagerou
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Spinel
summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Dyth

Ohr just go for one of the GBA games, but those are Action RPGs similiar to early Tales games

Are any of the games fan Translated?

THERE'S MORE GAMES THAN THE GBA ONES AND TWIN AGE?!

SN5 is bad. Gameplay is super dull and repetitive, writing is basic and uninteresting. Comes with the gaijinworks usual: major bugs, questionable localization + censorship, voice acting removed.
Arca is cute.
I don't know if the series suddenly dropped in quality at 5 since I distinctly remember jrpgfags who could read japanese would always gush over how amazing SN1-4 were.

Yeah, most of them never released outside japan though.

Only 5 and 6 have but as people have pointed out they aren't very good, coupled with Gaijinworks screwing them both up

>Arca is cute.
This is true

Attached: 2e375d870d62bd51.jpg (480x640, 96K)

Should've mentioned I already played 5 and it was just as awful. I did like SCS2 though

I love the old SMN games, but the newer ones don't really have the same charm. They're huge leaps ahead graphically but don't particularly stand out.

any translated?

So which beasts did you guys end up picking?

Pic related, I only played the first 2 GBA games that let you do this

Attached: Untitled.png (808x428, 139K)

I thought 5 was alright since I tend to really enjoy simple srpg's like the Luminous Arc series. Story was pretty bad though even if it had GW's translation, it was pretty lazy really. Like it was lacking in any kind of visuals. Pic related is suppose to be teaching a class or inside a class room but its just her still in the hallway. I mostly only cared about the gameplay though, I really liked how you could switch builds for your characters and go from a say a magic user to a full blown tank.

Attached: 1546257292937.jpg (1111x646, 143K)

>swordcraft story 3 in english never ever

Attached: 1554432418955.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>4's guardian beast is determined by a "boy, girl, or can't decide choice

I'm suprised those pc people aint all over this game wanting it to come overseas, not sure if thats good or not

summonnight.fandom.com/wiki/Corlal

They're in 6 too

Isnt there translations out

not sure, isn't it still unfinished?

Didn't the localized games hand out a shitload of skillpoints because white piggu can't handle difficult RPGs?

it did?

I think you're talking about SN Twin Age, another spin off on the DS and that was done by Atlus. I don't remember the details but I think you started off with a shit load of weapons or every weapon in the game or some junk. I don't remember, its been forever.

was disappointed that your parnet was already picked out for you in this game, and they're the floating little hat people that I don't think even go into battle with you.

And yes, the voice acting is awful, no option to switch to Japanese Audio either.

user you literally picked the worst main game in the franchise. Japan shit on 6 a ton. Go play 5.

And then once you play 5 someone will say "go play 4"

Yeah I honestly didn't know what to do. I just finished Dancing in Moonlight, and wanted to try something new. I'm still getting used to my Win 10 computer so I didn't know how to get PS3 controllers to work on it to get 5 working.

So 6 isn't very good huh? I might just buy 5 on the psn store, how difficulty is it? Does it have a difficulty selector? Can you play it on Vita TV? Yes I own one of those, sometimes the small screen hurts my eyes, like in Totori Plus.

I'd like to learn more about the lore of the game but the Summon Night WIki doesn't give me much to work with.