Did this imagery make sense in light of the events of Persona 5?

Did this imagery make sense in light of the events of Persona 5?

Attached: persona-5-chairs.png (960x600, 329K)

Not really, It was in development hell for half a decade so it doesn't really bother me that much.

Yes the entire game is about breaking free from some kind of social bond.

It suppose to mean "We live in a society", dumbass

Lmao just lift the chair

I wonder what the most extreme version of Persona 5 looked like.
It's been a long time since they got away with Teen Suicide: the Game.

Yes, it made perfect sense of breaking the shackles of society

It would have been the perfect cast if they kept it to 5 like that: Akira, Ryuji, Ann, Morgana, and Yusuke.

>Akira
Wow, you must be a huge fan of the P5 manga right? It must be popular since so many people use that name

>it's a renfaggot
Fuck off Akira is the better name

This. Game went to shit when Makoto Sue showed up. Haru and Futaba were good but underdeveloped, with Futaba just being hacker mememan and Haru being literally forgotten by the devs. Make the game about the first five and have the others side characters like Akechi. There's no reason they need so many core members.

The tone of P5 was much more light-hearted than Atlus lead us to believe.

It would have been a much more enjoyable tight nit group like Innocent Sin

Attached: 1546271008928.jpg (737x416, 53K)

The manga names are totally legit, that's why everyone calls the P4 protag Souji

You don't think if a P5 expansion happens (if Royal is that or not, remains to be been) or later material in general can't be opportunities to expand and improve on those 3 characters?

At one point the Personas looked like Tim Burton creatures and the edginess was pushed to the max, alsmo JoJo-tier level
They toned it down after that and went with something more old-school anime, such as Lupin The Third

Attached: 00476.jpg (1349x1920, 349K)

Somewhat, the game still has strong themes of throwing up a middle finger to the corrupt people that make society suck for the rest of us that we otherwise can't do anything about, the problem is that it manifests itself as the characters complaining about SHITTY ADULTS which make them seem more juvenile and takes focus off the corruption aspect to put more emphasis on generational gaps, which makes characters like Kawakami and Yoshida be written as sympathetic because they believe in the younger generation and invest in it and not because they're older characters who made mistakes by not standing up for themselves to avoid rocking the boat and the price of buying into corruption vs. having the guts to stand up to it.

And of course the other social links suck even harder in this regard because every one but two of your non-party social links end up resolved by the characters trying to stand up for themselves, failing critically, and needing the Phantom Thieves to brainwash a mofo to bail them out.

If a P5 expansion happens, the only character who's going to be expounded on in any meaningful way is Akechi and all the girls can hope for is more beach scenes and more dates.

I kind of wish they went with the backpacking across the world idea but I have a hard time imagining that working with the P3/P4 calendar system. Unless you only have a month at each location and your social links weren't permanent besides the party members.

That's because the game is ultimately about the Phantom Thieves, how they tried, and how the eventually failed
The ending of the game pretty much tells you that the PT didn't really succeed in changing the society, because you cannot force it down the throat of people. The Thieves were right in their justice, but nobody else knew, and that's why nobody learnt.

>this imagery make sense in light of the events of Persona 5?
It makes sense for P3 P4 and P5
Its only P5 theyre acting like its new

I don't think the backpacking idea was about the characters actually travelling
The idea was probably about the characters being stuck in some bumfuck just like in P4, and using the Metaverse or whatever to travel in romancized version of IRL places, just like the Cairo in Futaba's Palace
It would have been in line with the idea that most Japanese people don't know much about the outside world and live in a culturally homogeneized society

you can't retard, the ball weighs it down

>unironically throwing a fit over which non canon name a guy uses
When will autism be cured?

why would you even need to lift the chair?
if you sit down in that chair, the ball and chain isnt even attached to you.

you just stand up and walk away.

Don't forget a hot springs scene where nothing happens and then the girls beat the shit out of the boys for literally no reason.

I remember during the very last mission the game would literally force my John Marston to walk a certain path even though I wanted to loot the corpses I just shot
Not even Uncharted was that much linear

Lmao just
just

wrong thread?

I would fuck the shit out of that zorro, none of you would even comprehend the shit I would pull of considering how limited the human brain is

The worst social link in that regard is Kawakami. She doesn't even try to stand up for herself. The others are in dire situations where evil people have total authority over them, but Kawakami's problem is that she just can't say no to people who are blatantly scamming her. They have no power over her, she's just a weak bitch.

Nice job understanding the theme. Everyone has the power to walk away from what binds them, but some are more comfortable being controlled and having decisions made for them.
Yaldabaoth even exists because of the collective unconscious yearning for a God to look over them.

It's a very smart theme, but handled kinda poorly in-game and the characters themselves are rather one note so most people don't bother paying attention to it.

Attached: 400_401.png (995x632, 454K)

based and redpilled

No, because halfway through development, Hashimoto ran out of ideas and was forced to lean heavily back upon P4. I suspect the reason for this was learning that they needed to make a PS4 version of the game, while releasing both at the same time.

In a post-release interview, Hashimoto directly says that the PS4 version was a ton more work for the studio, I'm going to take a potshot and say that between the original teasers for the game and the full announcement, Atlus was told by Sony they needed to make a PS4 version, which cut heavily into the time spent on creating what the teasers built up.

Essentially, their creativity process was limited the moment they heard that Sony was breathing down their necks for PS4, when they were originally going to settle for PS3 exclusive.