Is there a reason to own both?

Is there a reason to own both?

Attached: B8B60678-90F1-4B5C-BFD3-09DF23E953F4.jpg (616x347, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

switch has new games
wii u doesn't

t. owns both

not really, switch has everything the wii u has plus new games

wii u has vc

Wii U has Virtual Console

What’s good from VC?

A few notable Nintendo titles from NES, SNES, 64, GameCube and Wii. Also has GBA and DS games too.

Wario Land 4

If you are planning on hacking your wii u there is.

This. Switch can't play Gamecube or Wii games.

Hang on to a Wii U for 10-15 years until trendy little dipshits decide they -have- to start collecting for it. It sold so poorly I'm sure you could talk at least one of them into paying far too much for it.

Attached: Dr Thompson Busy Writing.jpg (750x1084, 65K)

What GC/Wii games?

Any game you can download. You can even play GC on the controller.

wonderful 101

There a few good exclusives on the Wii U that still haven't been ported over, also VC. You can also hack a Wii U pretty easily. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a Wii U though, just emulate shit.

Netflix

It can run Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U games on real hardware.
Nintendo has official DS and Gameboy emulators that can be injected. Not to mention NES/SNES but your phone can run those these days.

Hack the latter to save money on the former

Based console

The Wii U is simply fun in its own right and I feel like right now is the perfect time to own one. As a game collector, I know that when the market goes right, you go left. There's a swing right now where used Wii U games and consoles are at an all time low in terms of price. This means you could get the new version of a Wii U game on the switch for $60 or you could buy the Wii U version for less than a third of the price. Right now there's a CIB copy of Pikmin 3, one of the Wii U's best games, on eBay for $17 USD and some change. Not only that, but the horrible software droughts that were ever present in the Wii U era have been circumvented now that the console's library is finished(sure we'll have Just Dance 2040 on it but can we really count shovelware as a meaningful addition to the library post-discontinuation?). It's also super easy to collect the console variations if you're into that as there were only ever 3 variations produced, and one of them is just a standard black one with a Zelda themed gamepad. The Wii U is gonna be the home to a lot of really unique titles likely until the end of time because of the game pad. I don't think Star Fox Zero/Guard, Super Mario 3D World, or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will ever be seen on any other consoles due to their reliance on the Game Pad and an overall lack of interest. I'd say get a Wii U if you're into collecting because the second hand market for it right now is incredibly friendly.

Yeah, I can use my wii u to play damn near any game released on a nintendo console, while I can use my switch to play new games.

Attached: 1521218450320 2.jpg (384x384, 16K)

It's trendy to pretend to like the Dreamcast and that piece of shit is still easily obtainable for

I'm the collector user who posted the essay above. I just started my Dreamcast collection the same time I started collecting Wii U stuff. You're completely right, games like Jet Set Radio that should only be like $20 skyrocketed in price because of other collectorfags. As a nee DC collector it sucks, but the shit ebbs and flows, you know. Just have to keep your eyes glued to the market as soon as it nosedives. They say the bigger they are the harder they fall and I have a feeling that Dreamcast is gonna be easier to get stuff for in the next 5 years or so. It's simply a matter of playing the waiting game.

Well I still have my Wii U hooked up to play

-Xenoblade X
-Wonderful 101
-Mario 3D Land
-Starfox Zero (I like it)
-Nintendo Land
-Yoshi Wooly World

Also I still use it for BOTW, Donkey Kong, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta since I don't feel like rebuying them just yet.

I was kind of hoping Tokyo Mirage Sessions would get a Switch port...

Same. I wanted to buy it on Wii U but Im holding out for that Switch port.

so i shouldnt buy a switch then?
the main reason i still play my wii u is because of the virtual console

Yes. For the best xenoblade

Attached: 1453093509025.jpg (720x479, 303K)

I highly doubt it's going to get a Switch port. Just get a cheap used Wii U of you really want to pay it.

Really not worth it unless you're a huge fan of that kind of character action game.

I still have my Wii U, don't plan on actually selling it but, yeah, gonna laugh when I see Metal Jesus or whoever on Youtube making videos in five years creaming themselves over the Wii U and mentioning all the 'valuable' games they'd like to conveniently go up in price, cuz profits.

I actually owned a Dreamcast many years ago, picked it up cheap in 2001 thinking I could get games cheap for it as it was being phased out. All went well til it developed a terminal disc read error. I was bummed at the time but looking back it was probably a good thing as nothing I played on that console was particularly good. Sonic Adventure was amazing only when it was brand new...

...Though the DC version of Tony Hawk 2 was pretty awesome, I'll give it that, at least.

Kept the Wii U for homebrew. It's really comfy to play gamecube games on the gamepad at night.

I'm honestly struggling to find a reason to justify owning either.

I'd buy a wii u just for pikmin 3. Maybe wind waker and TP HD

ah I forgot about Pikmin 3. I'm surprised they haven't released a Pikmin HD Trilogy on Switch.

I'm actually surprised as well. Pikmin 4 has been in limbo it seems and I secretly hope it's because they will do a trilogy release in order to hype up 4 whenever it comes out. My biggest fear is that it's been put on hold forever since I don't think pikmin 3 sold very well. It's really a shame

Fuck yes. Having the entire Wii and Gamecube library on the WiiU and not having to deal with emulating on a PC is great.

Attached: gamecube-wii-u-nintendont-670x335.jpg (670x335, 40K)

>Gamepad actually reaches into the basement when I'm directly below.
I need to install Nintendont

thats a good reason to keep the wii u
But other than that, Switch is better

There isn’t a reason to own either of them, if you’re over the age of 15 and you have a PS4 or PC.

the switch isn't worth it if not hacked.

If you have a Gamecube and a Switch but no Wii.

I'll get the handheld only Switch.

TSUBASA'S GAME

Attached: Genei-Ibun-Roku-FE-Opening-696x392.jpg (696x392, 45K)

Wii u is worth it solely for xcx

Wii U is fucking perfect when hacked
You can literally play all of nintendo games from NES to Wii U for free

Also Xeno X is fucking awesome

Is there a reason to own either?

Sure if you're a weeb. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either. If you're not familiar with anime tropes and what not the game's story and dialogue is just complete cringe.

Nintendo Land is one of the best local multiplayer games period

Switch for new games
Wii U for hacking and modding without any risk whatsoever

How do I get the virtual console on switch?