I just bought this and it's almost done installing...

I just bought this and it's almost done installing. I platinumed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 and they're two of my all-time favorites.

What can I expect from this? Any pro tips I need to know?

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-wallpaper.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

It’s shit. No replay value. Expect disappointment. Play nioh it’s way more interesting.

Learn to deflect over spamming dodge button.
Unlock mikiri counter as soon as you can in the skills.

It is very different from Dark Souls. There is a HARD adjustment period, where a lot of your habits from DS and BB will hurt you bad, but once you can lose those habits, it really starts to shine, and I think it's better than any Souls game. You're going to be banging your head against it for a while, so give it some time to click.

Also, try to beat at least one more boss before Lady Butterfly. She is just too tanky to fight as the first boss, without getting insanely frustrated.

A game with good combat and shit everything else.

The worst thing is the awful enemy variety. There's no cool monster enemies like in the other souls games.

Expect 2-3 playthroughs max, its pretty good. Throw away what you know about Soulsborne and study MGR.

>Expect 2-3 playthroughs
There are four endings.

This. This is the only valid reply. Hit the nail on the head.

not worth replaying to get all 4, duh
you only need to play the game twice to get all the content, just youtube the other cutscenes

The best action game I've played this year.

Make sure you are holding block to recover your posture. You can cancel the wind up animation of your slash into block as well.

The dodge has i-frame on it, but you have to time it very well if you want to dodge through attacks, it's all about deflecting.

Unlock the mikiri counter asap, it's incredibly useful against all thrusts, not just spears. Just press B, no directions required.

Jump on enemy heads when they swipe you, it does good posture damage.

this but the second best for me

>I platinumed
>But can someone spoil
No you dumb wiki fag, you and I both know you will be looking up every secret from the get go. You aren't good, you're a cheater.

I'm happy people are asking for advice, because more often than not trying to translate your Souls habits into Sekiro leads to raging on Yea Forums.

get rid of your muscle memory from souls and bb, it will actively hurt you
stamina is still in the game, they just made it apply to blocking only and called it posture

Your posture cannot break on a successful deflection
You can "springboard" off of enemies even if they don't sweep attack

Two things that are important to know, but that the game doesn't tell you afaik

The game tells you about bing bing wahoo’ing sweeps
Something the game DOESNT tell you is how the basic combat flows against tougher enemies. When you successfully deflect, there are much larger sparks, the same goes for enemies. Your cue to stop attacking an enemy is when they deflect.

Remember: this is NOT a souls/borne game, you cant level up, change weapon, ask for outside help, you MUST GIT GUD! The whole game is about reaction and being agressive, learn deflecting and how to counter each different attack, specially the ones when a huge kanji appears on your head! And enjoy the ride.

Making a thread about a game before you've played is completely plebian and tryhard and gay.

Attached: 164858770 .jpg (750x750, 433K)

The same, but different.

Expect the best PvE out of all the From games. The only flaw is that it has no PvP for longevity, but as long as you're a PvE-only fag it shouldn't even bother you. Play more aggressive than on Bloodborne, get good with deflects. Enjoy the game and remember that it is very nonlinear so just explore around if you meet a wall.

I was talking about when they don't sweep.

Attached: 1532403178785.png (500x500, 46K)

>very non-linear
The only real non-linearity is if you go stone or flower first. Everything else is pointless because even if you can go earlier, it's just a dead end if you don't get to a certain point in the game. It's probably the most linear souls game so far.

Best combat, fresh authentic take on fantasy medieval Japan, kino aesthetics
The loot though is super mundane. You're finding broken pieces of pottery, pocket sand and fucking water balloons for most of the game instead of shiny mythical weapons and armor.

>pro tips
think with your own head retard

You don't need tips you are gonna beat it in 8 hours.

Once Yea Forums could be relied upon to spoil faggots like this

What am i supposed to do with the fast monk that you give the white pinwheel to?
He says to "spirit him away"
But i have no clue what that means, and it's not attacking.

Cringe and bluepilled as fuck

owl, your father, is evil
isshin is the final boss

>I platinumed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 and they're two of my all-time favorites

Attached: 1549731729060.jpg (480x640, 12K)

you gotta buy the fan from blackhat badger

>blackhat badger
who?

>You can cancel the wind up animation of your slash into block as well
I doubt it so many time I hit L1 only to got smash in the face because attack animation keep going.

nvm he sells you the umbrella. the fan is in the gun fort. go explore