What games would benefit most from having dark soul's stamina system?

What games would benefit most from having dark soul's stamina system?

Attached: 3920934222.jpg (720x405, 178K)

all h-games

Sonic and the Black Knight

Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania, and to a certain extend Devil May Cry. Though, if we're being perfectly honest, all Devil May Cry needs is a cooldown on performing certain attacks to give the combat some actual variety. Too much of the game just comes down to spamming and it all just feels like "yuck."

none probably, even the souls series is better without it

why would you do that, sekiro already took a bit of a page out of nioh's book by giving enemies stamina too, that's the better system.

Unironically this It makes the game harder, sure. But it's not as fun as being able to do whatever you want outside of recovery frames

+1

Final Fantasy.

I didn't realize people who wrote for Polygon and Kotaku posted on v/

Attached: 1553886154925.jpg (1931x2145, 1.44M)

lol I didn't realize having a preference for mindful and rewarding combat was such a controversial opinion in your neck of the woods!

It's more fun when you're rewarded for playing smart

All those games you mentioned especially DMC are only button mashers if you are literally terrible at the game. Devil trigger acts as a great resource for moves and abilities because you can build it back up from attacking, finishing combos and taunting. You make more strategic choices in a session of DMC than you do in most souls games or hell even most games where choices are a selling point

Attached: 1553374200718.png (1110x649, 646K)

Pokemon

None
Stamina bar is a retarded mechanic

Not that guy you are talking to but if you don't care about score you don't need to play DMC like that at all and the game doesn't give you much reason to care about it other than bragging to fags on a Taiwanese basket weaving forum.

Hmm, you know what? You remind me of those people who say open world games are all about "making your own fun" and "playing by your own rules" in order to enjoy the experience. You say Devil May Cry has a lot of depth, especially mentioning the amount of strategic choices to be made during combat. The only problem with that is, well, why even bother with all the fluff and flash? There is nothing stopping you from using an optimal move loop over and over to kill enemies in Devil May Cry. A stamina or cooldown mechanic would add a lot of strategy to the combat by forcing you to make tough decisions and commit a precious resource to your actions.

It's funny to think you consider this type of play as unskilled, when in all honesty it's rather optimal as far as the gameplay and mechanics are concerned. I'll leave you to "make your own fun" by making unnecessary attacks and using sub optimal combos without any fear of penalty or consequence.

The score encourages you to play better and the reason you would play is because you enjoy the game play and you realize al the cool ways things can be done. I don't play movie games sorry.

Attached: 8892928488383.jpg (1200x800, 73K)

>game mechanics are so shallow you have to invent reasons to care about them
ZOINKS!

Dark Souls 3

I like DMC dude but it's much better when a game actually requires you to make use of different tools opposed to just having them available to use if you want to look cool.

No it's not. It removes 90% of the commitment and challenge.

kek'd

Attached: 1548145752787.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

Holy shit this is what a souls fag looks like. For goodness sakes fromsoft outright abandoned the stamina system when they wanted to go full out action game. Nioh implements the Kia pulse to extend combos and attacks and if you do poorly your punished by literally having to play the game like a souls game. A stamina system really wouldn't do anything for those games because the strategy comes from positioning, what weapons to use to get certain attack reactions and dealing with mobs and different enemy types. A stamina system creates strategy for people who want a low skill ceiling and the DT and sin devil trigger gauges already create a great resource commitment system for an action game. Do people really not like games anymore, do people just want to play movies this day and age.

Attached: 1550873404061.jpg (914x1013, 248K)

>A stamina or cooldown mechanic would add a lot of strategy to the combat by forcing you to make tough decisions and commit a precious resource to your actions.
*R1*
*R1*
*R1*
*roll*
*waits 4 seconds until stamina regenerates*
*Repeats*